Fr. Leahy hates Cincinnati! (Caveat: Blauds)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fr. Leahy hates Cincinnati! (Caveat: Blauds)

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:10 pm

That came in play at the end of a 9-3 season when I asked DeFilippo where BC might play in the post season. He said he had lined up[ a spot in the Fort Worth Bowl with Cincinnati.

DeFilippo thought it would be a good match up since O'Brien came from Cincinnati and still recruited extensively in the area.

"That's not going to happen,'' I told DeFilippo.

"Why not?'' he said. "It's a good match up.''

"Gene,'' I said. "I was in the room when Father Leahy almost spit out the word Cincinnati and how he didn't want to be part of a league with schools such as that.

"Oh that was just general talk,'' said DeFilippo. "This will work out.''

Two days later, I saw DeFilippo and he had a sheepish grin. "You know, you might have been right about Cincinnati,'' he said. "Father asked me if we had to play in a bowl game at all.''

https://mavensports.io/college/tmg/mark-blaudschun/a-jersey-guy-don-t-count-on-luke-fickell-coming-to-bc-Vn21btsdrUyvm8Y82ibrSw/

Yet somehow Fr. Leahy was fine with us playing in a bowl against Toledo and Colorado State (previous two years) not to mention Boise State (next year)?
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Re: Fr. Leahy hates Cincinnati! (Caveat: Blauds)

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Didn't Brian Kelly apply or interview to be HC at BC while he was at Cincinnati but was turned down in favor of the Polish guy or one of the Italians?
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:40 pm

The deduction there is basically IB-like
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:44 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:The deduction there is basically IB-like

Thank you. I've been out of the ali-assing game for a few years so I know I'm a little rusty.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 pm

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:Didn't Brian Kelly apply or interview to be HC at BC while he was at Cincinnati but was turned down in favor of the Polish guy or one of the Italians?

it was definitely before Kelly killing some poor student.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:28 pm

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:Didn't Brian Kelly apply or interview to be HC at BC while he was at Cincinnati but was turned down in favor of the Polish guy or one of the Italians?

No
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Sports Illustrated bought the Jersey Guy site? I've taken dumps that had more content, better traffic, and superior editing than the typical article on that site.

Somebody call SI, I just ate ethnic food and have a new media property I'm soliciting bids for
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby mod6A on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Sports Illustrated bought the Jersey Guy site? I've taken dumps that had more content, better traffic, and superior editing than the typical article on that site.

Somebody call SI, I just ate ethnic food and have a new media property I'm soliciting bids for

CONTENT !!!

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Sports Illustrated bought the Jersey Guy site? I've taken dumps that had more content, better traffic, and superior editing than the typical article on that site.

They didn't buy the Jersey guy site. Blauds is a blogger now. My guess is he is getting very little per article.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 pm

They didn't buy the Jersey guy site. Blauds is a blogger now. My guess is he is getting very little per article.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Yeh those bloggers are terrible.

In all seriousness, that loser is an upgrade for SI.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:50 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

After Jersey Guy (as an evolution of Jersey Guy?) Blauds started a team blog with three other guys called "the media guides"
https://mavensports.io/college/tmg/
Now it's an SI-branded property, if nothing else. Hilariously, the top banner on the home page links to the other 3 authors individually but not Blauds

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:33 am

I read somewhere on the SI blogs that Father Leahy also hates parrots, tacos, and tubas.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:54 pm

ool
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:ool

Exactly. This story did not age well.

Did blauds get kicked in the head a lot at some point?

His campaign to paint :spaz3 as a good coach made more sense. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:56 pm

A healthy dose of skepticism is warranted when Blauds writes a story with himself as the wise hero.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:51 pm

BC is a 5.5 point dog to Cincinnati.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Don’t you guys see? BC had zero say in who their opponent would be this year. To disprove Blauds, you’d have to find a situation where BC purposely went out of its way to contract playing a program like Cincy. Good luck with that...
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 125967001/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Man, Leahy's gonna be ripshit when he learns about this
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:BC is a 5.5 point dog to Cincinnati.

I think that Luke Fickell might be the #1 candidate for the BC HC job. If he is NOT to be the coach, lets hope we all find out tomorrow who it is.

Assume he is the coach. Assume that the Cincinnati and BC board of trustees knows this will be happening, BC couldn't have drawn worse possible luck in their bowl opponent. What do these two schools do? How could they keep a lid on this (or should they) until after Jan 2nd?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby lnnocent Bystander on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:09 am

If Fickel is the coach the next month will be stressful and interesting. The best analogy I can come up with is when Hyde and Kelso's old girlfriend (played by Mila Kunis, the overrated Israeli actress) are doing it but they don't want the rest of the gang in Forman's basement to know about it. But no one could keep a secret from Kitty, who quickly figured it out. Finally Donna and Eric catch them, but I want to concentrate on Kitty. In the Fickel scenario Kitty stands for astute observers like me, who unlike you are not easily fooled.. BC, of course, is Hyde, although he's probably more the UMass Boston type, and Mila Kunis is Fickel. The more I think about it the more I think that Fez and Eric are more the BC types but that doesn't fit this narrative. So suspend that and work with me here. We have the scene set...I am Kitty, the all knowing, but I don't have a mouthpiece beyond this board. We need someone in the lame stream media to discover that Hyde and Jackie are doin' it, and then report it. The media in this case would be playing the roles of Eric an Donna.
lnnocent Bystander
Carney Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 am

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:If Fickel is the coach the next month will be stressful and interesting. The best analogy I can come up with is when Hyde and Kelso's old girlfriend (played by Mila Kunis, the overrated Israeli actress) are doing it but they don't want the rest of the gang in Forman's basement to know about it. But no one could keep a secret from Kitty, who quickly figured it out. Finally Donna and Eric catch them, but I want to concentrate on Kitty. In the Fickel scenario Kitty stands for astute observers like me, who unlike you are not easily fooled.. BC, of course, is Hyde, although he's probably more the UMass Boston type, and Mila Kunis is Fickel. The more I think about it the more I think that Fez and Eric are more the BC types but that doesn't fit this narrative. So suspend that and work with me here. We have the scene set...I am Kitty, the all knowing, but I don't have a mouthpiece beyond this board. We need someone in the lame stream media to discover that Hyde and Jackie are doin' it, and then report it. The media in this case would be playing the roles of Eric an Donna.

this is fantastic
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:30 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Man, Leahy's gonna be ripshit when he learns about this

It's ok for now. He probably won't even ask who we're playing until the morning of Jan. 2.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Man, Leahy's gonna be ripshit when he learns about this

It's ok for now. He probably won't even ask who we're playing until the morning of Jan. 2.

It's also possible Blauds fabricated the entire conversation and Leahy could care less who we play in the bowl

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:It's also possible Blauds fabricated the entire conversation and Leahy could care less who we play in the bowl

Nonsense, he has a blog!
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:46 pm

lnnocent Bystander {l Wrote}:If Fickel is the coach the next month will be stressful and interesting. The best analogy I can come up with is when Hyde and Kelso's old girlfriend (played by Mila Kunis, the overrated Israeli actress) are doing it but they don't want the rest of the gang in Forman's basement to know about it. But no one could keep a secret from Kitty, who quickly figured it out. Finally Donna and Eric catch them, but I want to concentrate on Kitty. In the Fickel scenario Kitty stands for astute observers like me, who unlike you are not easily fooled.. BC, of course, is Hyde, although he's probably more the UMass Boston type, and Mila Kunis is Fickel. The more I think about it the more I think that Fez and Eric are more the BC types but that doesn't fit this narrative. So suspend that and work with me here. We have the scene set...I am Kitty, the all knowing, but I don't have a mouthpiece beyond this board. We need someone in the lame stream media to discover that Hyde and Jackie are doin' it, and then report it. The media in this case would be playing the roles of Eric an Donna.

:kudos
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:05 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this is fantastic

Thank you AC for quoting this. I didn't see it. Its funny.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:06 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:[quote=ilnnocentbystander"]If Fickel is the coach the next month will be stressful and interesting. The best analogy I can come up with is when Hyde and Kelso's old girlfriend (played by Mila Kunis, the overrated Israeli actress) are doing it but they don't want the rest of the gang in Forman's basement to know about it. But no one could keep a secret from Kitty, who quickly figured it out. Finally Donna and Eric catch them, but I want to concentrate on Kitty. In the Fickel scenario Kitty stands for astute observers like me, who unlike you are not easily fooled.. BC, of course, is Hyde, although he's probably more the UMass Boston type, and Mila Kunis is Fickel. The more I think about it the more I think that Fez and Eric are more the BC types but that doesn't fit this narrative. So suspend that and work with me here. We have the scene set...I am Kitty, the all knowing, but I don't have a mouthpiece beyond this board. We need someone in the lame stream media to discover that Hyde and Jackie are doin' it, and then report it. The media in this case would be playing the roles of Eric an Donna.

this is fantastic

Thank you AC for quoting this. I didn't see it. Its funny.[/quote]

You blocked yourself?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

this is fantastic

Thank you AC for quoting this. I didn't see it. Its funny.

You blocked yourself?

I try to block the sock puppets because I generally only want to respond to sincere people. I have no time for insincere shenanigans. I have quite a few posters put on foe now (they know who they are), it trims away much of the fat. But I'm sure many of them are just sock puppets.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm

As the Eagle Outsider FP&A team is no-doubt putting the finishing touches on the 2020 operating budget, could I make a suggestion? Can you set aside a couple million AdSense dollars for the development of a feature that prevents me seeing "foe" posts at all? I mean I don't want to see when it was posted and I don't want to see it when a "friend" quotes it. Hell, since this is a new feature you could probably capitalize the development (please consult Jackson Hewitt's finest for clarity around GAAP capitalization rules).

It would be great if you can give the boys in Bangalore a jingle and have them gin up some ones and zeros for your old pal.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium