Week 15, Championship Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Week 15, Championship Week

Postby bcshater on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 pm

Day and Hafley going to have to make some half time adjustments. Wisconsin looking real good in this half.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:42 pm

What a call on the fake punt by Day. In 7 years, did we ever see a fake punt or kick by Daz?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:44 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:What a call on the fake punt by Day. In 7 years, did we ever see a fake punt or kick by Daz?

I don't think so, but that's based on memory. It reminded me of the fake field goal against UNC in 2004 that was supposedly called by Day when he was a GA.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bcshater on Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Nice quick TD by Wisconsin at the end of the half.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:59 pm

Day picks his spots really well. Good for him. OSU up by 3.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Darren6 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:15 pm

bcshater {l Wrote}:Championship Week coming up. Have the feeling that there will be more blowouts than expected. Such as LSU beating up Georgia ( Go Dawgs though, sorry Darren ). Virginia will not keep it close with Clemson. Buckeyes will roll past the Badgers ( but not like the 59-0 blowout of the Badgers years ago ).

What a time last night as the 30%Tiger fans and that incredible team took over the Benz stadium and dominated the number 4 team, and one of best defenses in CFB! Now we get to go back there in a few weeks to face Oklahoma! And one more thing, fresh off an SEC championship and getting home around midnight, Coach O is in a recruits living room this morning at 9 am...we are lucky down here
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Darren6 {l Wrote}:
bcshater {l Wrote}:Championship Week coming up. Have the feeling that there will be more blowouts than expected. Such as LSU beating up Georgia ( Go Dawgs though, sorry Darren ). Virginia will not keep it close with Clemson. Buckeyes will roll past the Badgers ( but not like the 59-0 blowout of the Badgers years ago ).

What a time last night as the 30%Tiger fans and that incredible team took over the Benz stadium and dominated the number 4 team, and one of best defenses in CFB! Now we get to go back there in a few weeks to face Oklahoma! And one more thing, fresh off an SEC championship and getting home around midnight, Coach O is in a recruits living room this morning at 9 am...we are lucky down here

Ogeron is interesting. I wonder if the is the cajun version of Gene Chizik or if he has actually turned the corner into an elite head coach. I mean, Joe Burrow basically fell into his lap, as did Joe Brady. Burrow didn't elevate until Brady arrived and will be off to the NFL this year and you have to figure that Brady is going to be the OC somewhere else next year--unless Ogeron chucks Emsinger over the side and elevates Brady.

Lest anyone forget that prior to this year, LSU, in addition to getting regularly horse raped by Alabama--which admittedly, prior to this year happened to everyone except Georgia and Clemson--has taken severe beatings under Ogeron at the hands of Mississippi State, and has been beaten by Troy, Notre Dame, a bad Florida team that canned its coach, a Texas A&M team that basically sucks at football and was a hugely talented but underperforming 9-4 team in both of Ogeron's previous seasons.

I can easily see LSU dick stomping everyone in the CFB and then falling right back to 9-4. I think retaining Brady is the key to their long term success, but don't see how they can hold onto him for very long--given that he is young and talented and probably wants and deserves to be a HC very shortly.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Darren6 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:39 pm

I think that O has learned from his past and is now in line to maintain success at LSU. One thing the guy does is recognize his weaknesses and fix them. Two years ago kicker was a problem, he went up to Assumption and grabbed Cole Tracy, one of the top two kickers last year. Needed to improve offensively and wanted a spread system, so grabbed Burrow and then Joe Brady from the Saints to run the passing game. BTW, all indications from LSU, O, and Brady is that he isn't going anywhere. He will be making around 1.5 Mill next year and with the talent here and coming (LSU has the top or second ranked class for 2020) they are primed to remain a contender for several years.
Orgeron is getting his coaches in place and letting them do their jobs. His first year he was tinkering in the offense and defense and now he is staying out of that stuff. LSU has had playmakers at skill positions for the past 10+ years but never a QB or offense designed to utilize those strengths, and now they do. The backup QB who might be the starter next year was the top qb in MS three years ago running this same type of offense.
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium