2019 Playoffs, who is in?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Which 4 teams will it be?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:40 pm

LSU-Ohio State-Clemson-Georgia
30%
LSU-Ohio State-Clemson-Utah
39%
LSU-Ohio State-Clemson-Oklahoma
26%
LSU-Clemson-Utah-Oklahoma
4%
LSU-Clemson-Utah-Georgia
No votes
LSU-Clemson-Oklahoma-Georgia
No votes

Total votes : 23

2019 Playoffs, who is in?

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Poll is only available until Friday night when Utah plays. You only get one pick. I can't even imagine any possible scenario where UVa upsets Clemson. And I don't think it is mathematically possible for LSU to miss the playoffs.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Re: 2019 Playoffs, who is in?

Postby Tom Dooder on Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Ohio State is going to lose to Wisconsin.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Ohio State is going to lose to Wisconsin.

That very well could happen. And if it does, I say Ohio State drops to 5. And the Big-T(14)N is out of the playoffs. That is why 3 of my 6 offerings do not include Ohio State.

The only undefeated team that has zero chance of losing on Saturday, is Clemson.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:52 pm

What if Baylor beats Oklahoma (avenging their only loss)?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:What if Baylor beats Oklahoma (avenging their only loss)?

I think the winner of Baylor/Oklahoma could jump Utah. Utah's played one ranked opponent (#22 USC) and will play #13 Oregon. I don't think that will be enough.

This is provided Georgia loses. I don't think a one-loss LSU falls out of the Top 4. I think they will bump Clemson before that happened and you could see Ohio State-Georgia-Baylor-LSU
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:14 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

I think the winner of Baylor/Oklahoma could jump Utah. Utah's played one ranked opponent (#22 USC) and will play #13 Oregon. I don't think that will be enough.

This is provided Georgia loses. I don't think a one-loss LSU falls out of the Top 4. I think they will bump Clemson before that happened and you could see Ohio State-Georgia-Baylor-LSU

You think a one-loss Baylor will jump an undefeated defending National Champ????
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:40 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:

No one is bumping Clemson. They are a lock for the playoffs. UVa could play Clemson 100 times on 100 different fields with 100 different climates and game conditions, and Clemson wins all 100 of those games.

I am of the opinion that three of these championship games should be very close, very exciting games. LSU-Georgia will be a battle. Utah-Oregon will be a battle. Oklahoma-Baylor will be a battle. Ohio State-Wisconsin? I don't know. I think Ohio State wins by 21. If Ohio State loses, I think they are out because no way Wisconsin gets in (what are they going to put the #2 team from the Big-T(14)N in the playoffs but not the champion???)

I agree with you Murt that LSU is in the playoffs regardless of what happens with Georgia. That game is all about determining if the SEC gets just one or two teams in the playoffs.

Friday night's game will tell us everything that we will need to know about Utah being deserving (or not) for the playoffs. Oregon pummeled the one and only team that beat Utah. And Oregon is not deserving of a playoff bid (not this year.) But they are a good test to see if Utah is deserving of a spot, a good test to see if Utah's loss to USC was a fluke.

Oregon is really good. Utah is looking for any kind of victory (even if only by a point.) If Utah wins (even if only by a point), I can't see Oklahoma or Baylor leaping them because Utah will have proven that the USC loss WAS a fluke. I suppose it could happen but its not likely, not unless Baylor or Oklahoma just grinds their opponent into the dirt (wins the game by 50 or more.) And even then, do any of us actually believe that this Big-XII championship game (a game that should not even exist since the conference only has 10 teams) will be anything other than a very good, very close game?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:10 pm

17 votes in

No majority. Only a plurality. I would call that a complete LACK of consensus.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:15 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:17 votes in

No majority. Only a plurality. I would call that a complete LACK of consensus.

It's because I haven't voted yet
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:45 pm

If Utah wins, it will be stupid if the SEC gets 2 teams in.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:If Utah wins, it will be stupid if the SEC gets 2 teams in.

I agree. It would be stupid. But I think LSU is in regardless and LSU as an "at-large" gets in before Utah as a "conference champ."
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:26 pm

No way O.Ohio St should be ahead of LSU after today.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:38 pm

agreed, osu should never have passed lsu
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:agreed, osu should never have passed lsu

True, looking at their records, their is no rationale explanation for 0.Ohio to be above LSU.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:46 pm

Looks like LSU vs. Oklahoma will be one game and Ohio St. and Clemson in the other. LSU and Clemson in the championship with LSU winning it all.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:20 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Looks like LSU vs. Oklahoma will be one game and Ohio St. and Clemson in the other. LSU and Clemson in the championship with LSU winning it all.

Are we even convinced Ohio State will be in the playoffs?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:23 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Looks like LSU vs. Oklahoma will be one game and Ohio St. and Clemson in the other. LSU and Clemson in the championship with LSU winning it all.

Yes
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:37 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

Yes

Now we can say it. I wasn't so sure being down 21-7.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 pm

LSU -11.5 vs. Oklahoma
Clemson -2 vs. Ohio State
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:30 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:LSU -11.5 vs. Oklahoma
Clemson -2 vs. Ohio State

There is absolutely no question, those are the 4 best teams in college football.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium