Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio fired

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:56 pm

Lol at the BC alumni and "donors". Fucking embarrassing. Should stfu.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30831
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2432

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:12 pm

hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:Hey at least we get to see Josh Keyes at BC games going fwd...

https://twitter.com/Josh__Keyes/status/ ... 7186774019


First Andre Williams and now this....interesting


Not to be pedantic but the Keyes tweet came before the Williams one.
Also, Chris Cameron, the former communications guy, is hinting he has a ton of stories about Daz. He so far has only mentioned that he was ordered to hunt down heights editor Michael Sullivan after Sullivan asked a tough question of him during a press conference.

Didn't daz summon some bc sports bloggers into his office only to have meatBaum perp-walk them out?
User avatar
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am
Location: RUGBYLUVR69
Karma: 2352

Re: Addazio fired

Postby angrychicken on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm glad he's gone. I don't care if he cried on his way out the door. He was a horrible head coach and he put way too much ketchup on his fries. Good riddance.
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16092
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15575

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:00 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:


Levy tweeted the same emoji 4hours ago.


Both of these guys know Al. Not sure if that means anything. :shrug
Eagle1999
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:05 pm
Karma: 46

Re: Addazio fired

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:24 pm

one of the 5th yr transfer OL from UF, Matt Patchan, is going to bat for Daz.

Lukas Denis tweeted:
https://twitter.com/_LukasDenis7/status ... 6408639490
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -172

Re: Addazio fired

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:34 am

MilitantEagle wrote:
Supahfan99 wrote:Yea the tweets that are piling up from former players and former BC people is surprising. Keyes, Williams... Momah/Blackmon are more in discussion mode. Chris Cameron has been all over this tonight as well. I'm sure more tweets are coming.

I knew Daz was an unlikeable clown but I'm surprised by all of this.


Someone claimed that Andre's excitement was about Gunnell being named the interim. Not sure if that's true or not. I wouldn't think Andre would have much ill will considering Addazio came in and made him a Heisman finalist and got him some NFL money.


More from Andre. Definitely not an Addazio fan

https://twitter.com/drewill44/status/12 ... 36706?s=21
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4024
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:13 pm
Karma: 136

Re: Addazio fired

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:12 am

As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1379
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -172

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:39 am



Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.
Cadillac90
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Karma: 193

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:50 am

Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14939
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 282

Re: Addazio fired

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 am

hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker
marty j, heinz hammer, and jimmy mac have ruined the athletic programs of this school. until they are all sent out to pasture, i take my leave of this shithole and all other things bc. your pal, tre (rhymes with "seriously, fuck those 3")
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20662
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5715

Re: Addazio fired

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:18 am

Welcome back, TRE!

Calling hansen a wallkicker/weenerkisser makes me wonder ... who put the holes in fifth floor O'Neill? It had to be someone who was both a wallkicker and a weenerkisser.
User avatar
TontoKowalski
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2640
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:20 pm
Karma: 1957

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:44 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker


I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14939
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 282

Re: Addazio fired

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:46 am

hansen wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker


I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).


If the stories are true, the beating is earned.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 30831
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2432

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:47 am

TontoKowalski wrote:Welcome back, TRE!

Calling hansen a wallkicker/weenerkisser makes me wonder ... who put the holes in fifth floor O'Neill? It had to be someone who was both a wallkicker and a weenerkisser.


Even if I kicked those holes in the bathroom, I had no idea what they would be used for. I grew up really sheltered. My mom was super religious. High school was eye opening for me etc. I didn’t even know what a gloryhole was until I came to this place right after college... I had honestly no idea such a thing existed no matter how much people here might say otherwise.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14939
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 282

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 am

twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker


I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).


If the stories are true, the beating is earned.

That is some fucked up shit. Who was the smarmy halfwit lackey who picked up the phone to call the Falcons? Doubt it was daz himself.
User avatar
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3020
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:10 am
Location: RUGBYLUVR69
Karma: 2352

Re: Addazio fired

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 am

Does anyone have a link to this morning's press conference?
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7974
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 131

Re: Addazio fired

Postby angrychicken on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:14 am

Reverend Mike wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker


I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).


If the stories are true, the beating is earned.

That is some fucked up shit. Who was the smarmy halfwit lackey who picked up the phone to call the Falcons? Doubt it was daz himself.

Louie
User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16092
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15575

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 am

Evan Stewart and Aaron Gethers are in the transfer portal
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14939
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 282

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:21 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:Does anyone have a link to this morning's press conference?


This stream is wicked choppy:
https://twitter.com/bcfootball/status/1 ... 2546704386

I’m Hoping the post it on YouTube later.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14939
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 282

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Supahfan99 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:32 am

angrychicken wrote:
Reverend Mike wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
Cadillac90 wrote:


Totally believe Keyes given what I have heard about Addazio. Good riddance.


It’s becoming quite clear that Daz could be quite petty if you crossed him in even the slightest manner.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17648&start=35

apology accepted, wallkicker/weenerlicker


I still stand by original comment. He was petty but still no need to beat a horse while he’s down (even if what you are saying is correct).


If the stories are true, the beating is earned.

That is some fucked up shit. Who was the smarmy halfwit lackey who picked up the phone to call the Falcons? Doubt it was daz himself.

Louie


Speaking of Louie, in one of the Patchan/DreWill convos on twitter, Andre made mention of a certain unnamed TE that had no business being on the field and pretty much fucked up every play he was a part of. Found it interesting.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:13 pm
Karma: 124

Re: Addazio fired

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:01 pm

There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

That said, I think he genuinely wanted to build his players into respectable men and cared for them. I think he wanted to be a BC man badly, and loved the culture. Clearly from his pressers, he’s an optimist (bigtime excuse maker too). He had genuine good intents for the university but his execution on it was simply poor.

As Louis CK once put it, “there was no decent sense of self-doubt.” Addazio was simply so barrel ass on what he thought was correct he never adjusted. If his gameplan failed, there was no adjustment, he just figured he had to do the original gameplan at 110% instead of just 100%. Fatal flaw. Just not an X’s and O’s guy.
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 132

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:40 pm

Word on the street is that Notre Dame May be looking at the Dazzler as an OL Coach.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2647
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 519

Re: Addazio fired

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:51 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

That said, I think he genuinely wanted to build his players into respectable men and cared for them. I think he wanted to be a BC man badly, and loved the culture. Clearly from his pressers, he’s an optimist (bigtime excuse maker too). He had genuine good intents for the university but his execution on it was simply poor.

As Louis CK once put it, “there was no decent sense of self-doubt.” Addazio was simply so barrel ass on what he thought was correct he never adjusted. If his gameplan failed, there was no adjustment, he just figured he had to do the original gameplan at 110% instead of just 100%. Fatal flaw. Just not an X’s and O’s guy.


Nice of you to close with a Louis CK post after we had to watch you jack off through the previous two paragraphs.

Daz was a hothead and a doofus. Good riddance.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9500
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2673

Re: Addazio fired

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:26 pm

b0mberMan wrote:
BCEagles25 wrote:There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

That said, I think he genuinely wanted to build his players into respectable men and cared for them. I think he wanted to be a BC man badly, and loved the culture. Clearly from his pressers, he’s an optimist (bigtime excuse maker too). He had genuine good intents for the university but his execution on it was simply poor.

As Louis CK once put it, “there was no decent sense of self-doubt.” Addazio was simply so barrel ass on what he thought was correct he never adjusted. If his gameplan failed, there was no adjustment, he just figured he had to do the original gameplan at 110% instead of just 100%. Fatal flaw. Just not an X’s and O’s guy.


Nice of you to close with a Louis CK post after we had to watch you jack off through the previous two paragraphs.

Daz was a hothead and a doofus. Good riddance.


He was here 7 years, sometimes that’s more than one sentence. I trust you can handle that

His firing is good (great) for the program to your point, but it doesn’t mean he wasn’t deserving of having some good words said. He was mediocre, but you seem to forget that Spaziani was several degrees worse as a head coach and a personality
I like BC basketball.
User avatar
BCEagles25
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 4083
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:42 pm
Karma: 132

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm

BCEagles25 wrote:There are few absolutes in the world, first of all. So while I’m in the camp that Addazio is largely a good guy, I do also think he can be petty and doesn’t appreciate doubt. It showed in his gameplanning. He did not often switch up his gameplan to react to what the other team was doing. Often if we won, it’s because whatever gameplan he rolled out pregame worked the whole time.

That said, I think he genuinely wanted to build his players into respectable men and cared for them. I think he wanted to be a BC man badly, and loved the culture. Clearly from his pressers, he’s an optimist (bigtime excuse maker too). He had genuine good intents for the university but his execution on it was simply poor.

As Louis CK once put it, “there was no decent sense of self-doubt.” Addazio was simply so barrel ass on what he thought was correct he never adjusted. If his gameplan failed, there was no adjustment, he just figured he had to do the original gameplan at 110% instead of just 100%. Fatal flaw. Just not an X’s and O’s guy.


this
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14939
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 282

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm

It's unfortunate it ended this way, but it needed to end. The first two years were fun. "Be a dude" was fun. Beating USC was fun. Having a clean program we could all be proud of (at least off the field) was great, and he generally represented the school well in interviews, appearances, etc. For all those things I say "thanks" to Daz, and I wish him well. But it has not been fun for awhile, and mediocrity and losing every big game had become the expected. That sucks. Now let's go find the next guy who can recruit another NFL-caliber quarterback, and let's have some fun again.
User avatar
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 4503
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:41 pm
Karma: 1037

Re: Addazio fired

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Anyone remember Addazio's record when trailing at halftime? I can't seem to find it.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 65

Re: Addazio fired

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:52 pm

Heres Marcus Outlow chiming in re: the Josh Keyes situation ...

https://twitter.com/CoachOutlow/status/1201530697623785473
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3291
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 124

Re: Addazio fired

Postby hawaiirob on Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Today is a great day to give to the Flynn Fund.

Tell them there's even more money coming when they can the zombie running the hoops program.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:55 pm
Karma: 75

Re: Addazio fired

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

The Keyes & Williams stories have been picked up by the Globe: https://www.boston.com/sports/college-s ... e-williams
AW sounds a little butthurt. Maybe Daz's head was spinning trying to figure out what he was going to tell the media after another bad loss?
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 7974
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 131

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Untitled document