Addazio fired

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio fired

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:26 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Heres Marcus Outlow chiming in re: the Josh Keyes situation ...

https://twitter.com/CoachOutlow/status/1201530697623785473

I have no doubt that everything Keyes and Williams say is true. They have absolutely no incentive to lie or distort their interactions with Dazzler. Not so sure I buy “Coach” Outlow crowing about being smart enough to get away from the Dazzler. Bro, you ended up at Coastal Carolina. That is an indication that your transfer had more to do with you not being good enough for the ACC, any P5 or even a high non-P5 conference, rather than an abhorrence for the Dazzler.

I know the game well enough that you don’t transfer down a level, even if your coach is a flaming dick, unless you are either aren’t good enough or you want to spend your last year getting a graduate degree at a prestigious school. You might also do that if you want to play right away, but that usually involves a junior year transfer.
Last edited by Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Heres Marcus Outlow chiming in re: the Josh Keyes situation ...

I have no doubt that everything Keyes and Williams day is true. They have absolutely no incentive to lie or distort their interactions with Dazzler. Not so sure I buy “Coach” Outlow crowing about being smart enough to get away from the Dazzler. Bro, you ended up at Coastal Carolina. That is an indication that your transfer had more to do with you not being good enough for the ACC, any P5 or even a high non-P5 conference, rather than an abhorrence for the Dazzler.

I know the game well enough that you don’t transfer down a level, even if your coach is a flaming dick, unless you are either aren’t good enough or you want to spend your last year getting a graduate degree at a prestigious school. You might also do that if you want to play right away, but that usually involves a junior year transfer.

The talent at coastal is not on the football field
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:

I have no doubt that everything Keyes and Williams say is true. They have absolutely no incentive to lie or distort their interactions with Dazzler. Not so sure I buy “Coach” Outlow crowing about being smart enough to get away from the Dazzler. Bro, you ended up at Coastal Carolina. That is an indication that your transfer had more to do with you not being good enough for the ACC, any P5 or even a high non-P5 conference, rather than an abhorrence for the Dazzler.

Not sure if you saw his reply comment to that, but he also said it was a mix of coach Addazio and his running backs coach. Fantastic that specific running backs coach just happens to be a head coaching candidate for us today!
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Addazio rumored to be in the running to be the gamecocks OC.
Think Daz would be better served be a HC at a less program then taking a job as an OC.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Addazio rumored to be in the running to be the gamecocks OC.
Think Daz would be better served be a HC at a less program then taking a job as an OC.

Him and Muschamp together would be radioactive levels of stupid. I’d love to see this happen.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:22 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:

Him and Muschamp together would be radioactive levels of stupid. I’d love to see this happen.

Seems like every SC fan who responded to the tweet posted a gif of Michael Scott saying, No No Nooooo. It's funny that some fans of other schools have said that BC should have been happy with Addazio, but when SC fans are faced with the possibility of him joining their school's staff as an OC they are horrified.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:

watching the two of them attempt to manage a clock would be appointment television
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:09 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

watching the two of them attempt to manage a clock would be appointment television

...but who wins the fistfight?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:11 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Was just coming here to add that they would 100% fight each other in the middle of the game. Feel like Muschamp's come close a few times to clocking an assistant or ref
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:35 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Was just coming here to add that they would 100% fight each other in the middle of the game. Feel like Muschamp's come close a few times to clocking an assistant or ref

I though Spaz was the fighter but Daz was the guy managing the fighters.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am

It would appear that Chip Long is in trouble as OC at Notre Dame and Jeff Quinn is almost certainly getting canned as the OL coach. The dissatisfaction with Long and Quinn stems from an inability to run the ball effectively despite consistent high 4 star/5 star (depending on recruiting service) talent and 4/5 star talent at running back (although this year was a decidedly underwhelming year in terms of RB talent). A lot of rumblings on the ND boards about bringing in Adazzio. Think he’d be a terrible OC hire based on his tenure at FL, but would probably be a good OL coach.

It will be interesting to see where Dazzler lands. I don’t see him being successful with Muschamp although the fights and screaming matches would be entertaining.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 am

Daz / Muschamp / Kelly is now a round-robin of explosive imbeciles with violent tempers. If we could somehow add The Orgeron (in full Ole Miss shirtless mode), we have a coaching steel cage match for the ages.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:41 am

Wow, missed all this. Actually, given that he got the team bowl eligible, I am a little surprised. But I'm not shocked.

Okay Jarmond, grab a coach who can recruit please. Spend whatever you have to spend. Thank you.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:12 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Daz / Muschamp / Kelly is now a round-robin of explosive imbeciles with violent tempers. If we could somehow add The Orgeron (in full Ole Miss shirtless mode), we have a coaching steel cage match for the ages.

Kelly was obviously be physically overmatched, but if he could somehow manage to lure them up into a scissor lift or shoddily built balcony of some kind, I'd like his chances.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Some guys just aren’t built up be head coaches. That said, it’s really hard to take a step backward. While professionally it might be the best thing for Daz, I’m not sure his ego can handle it.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:43 pm

hope the firing finally brings an end to "be a dude", "dudes being dudes", etc

hated that saying worse than daz
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:59 pm

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:05 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:more accolades thrown daz's way

https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/1201645150075793408

patchan is still going around defending him on twitter

hilliman was frustrated because we had talent for 9+ wins but would only win 6

'My main issue was that I and my teammates did not get the most out of are college football experience. Time and time again we under achieved because the original goal was to win 6 games when we had talent to win 8 or 9 in the reg season.'
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:17 pm

Here's the deal... I couldn't give a crap if Dazoo was a "nice guy" or bought pizza for the band or pissed off every person he ever met. All I care about is that the head coach of BC: (a) wins as many games as possible, (b) does so without a scandal and (c) generally graduates players who won't go on to suck at life. That is it in descending importance. The deal is that College FB is supposed to be fun. It is supposed to be entertainment. Winning is like 95% of that. All the other stuff is things you hang onto when you are losing. In this case, all these stories show is that BC was more than patient. Who cares? We already knew that. Move on and find someone who is going to come in here and win immediately and consistently.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:25 pm

so you're looking for someone who can win and look good doing it?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:more accolades thrown daz's way

https://twitter.com/angryscout2/status/1201645150075793408

patchan is still going around defending him on twitter

hilliman was frustrated because we had talent for 9+ wins but would only win 6

'My main issue was that I and my teammates did not get the most out of are college football experience. Time and time again we under achieved because the original goal was to win 6 games when we had talent to win 8 or 9 in the reg season.'

The thread says that patchan makes the juice with sarge’s daughter
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:so you're looking for someone who can win and look good doing it?

That's why I wanted Leach years ago, I thought it might get some local excitement.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:04 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:hope the firing finally brings an end to "be a dude", "dudes being dudes", etc

Of all the offensive things about Daz, this was the least offensive

Also, this gimmick seemed to get us a lot of publicity that we otherwise probably wouldn’t have gotten.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2014 Eagle on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:57 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:hope the firing finally brings an end to "be a dude", "dudes being dudes", etc

Also, this gimmick seemed to get us a lot of publicity that we otherwise probably wouldn’t have gotten.

It was also Don Brown’s thing that Addazio copped
Go Eags
2014 Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:02 pm

2014 Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

It was also Don Brown’s thing that Addazio copped

Don brought it to Michigan after he left https://twitter.com/FBCoachDBrown/status/847255622852595712?s=20

"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:51 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It would appear that Chip Long is in trouble as OC at Notre Dame and Jeff Quinn is almost certainly getting canned as the OL coach. The dissatisfaction with Long and Quinn stems from an inability to run the ball effectively despite consistent high 4 star/5 star (depending on recruiting service) talent and 4/5 star talent at running back (although this year was a decidedly underwhelming year in terms of RB talent). A lot of rumblings on the ND boards about bringing in Adazzio. Think he’d be a terrible OC hire based on his tenure at FL, but would probably be a good OL coach.

It will be interesting to see where Dazzler lands. I don’t see him being successful with Muschamp although the fights and screaming matches would be entertaining.

OL coach is Addazio's ideal position, and he'd probably feel good about doing it in the shadow of TD Jesus.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Daz can take a year off from working. I think he is such an obvious replacement for Richt on ACCN in-studio show. That is a perfect gig for him. He is good on TV and can see if he has much of a future there. If not, the year on TV will make him attractive to a MAC-like school. I'd be surprised if he slummed it as a position coach (unless the school was paying north of a million).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Daz can take a year off from working. I think he is such an obvious replacement for Richt on ACCN in-studio show. That is a perfect gig for him. He is good on TV and can see if he has much of a future there. If not, the year on TV will make him attractive to a MAC-like school. I'd be surprised if he slummed it as a position coach (unless the school was paying north of a million).

Either Richt has been hit in the head way too many times or did a lot of drugs at some point in his life. Something is definitely not right upstairs anymore in that guy's brain.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Dan Rubin has published the official BC post-mortem on The Addazio era in The People’s Daily bceagles.com

The Steve Addazio era ended on Sunday with Martin Jarmond's announcement that there would be a new head coach for the football program in 2020.

The decision ended the latest era of Boston College football. The Eagles finished this season 6-6 after beating Pittsburgh on Saturday and will compete in their sixth bowl game in seven years. But after entering into an unavoidable discussion, Jarmond made a recommendation to the school's head administration and decided to take the program in a different direction.

"We look at the whole body of work," Jarmond said in a news conference on Monday. "We evaluate throughout the year, but I started talking with Father Leahy at the end of the season. We connected and we just felt like the trajectory that we were on, I didn't feel like we were making the progress competitively that we needed to. We want to be more competitive in (the ACC) and nationally, and I just felt, with the total body of work, that it was time to make a change.

Making a change is never an easy decision, but the Addazio era closes as one of Boston College's more nuanced chapters. The head coach restored pride to Chestnut Hill by providing a stark contrast to the consecutive losing seasons of the team he inherited. Those first two seasons led BC back to bowl games after the program slipped to a 2-10 finish before his arrival. The second season included a massive upset over Southern California and ended with a memorable trip to the Pinstripe Bowl, a Tier One bowl game within the ACC structure.

It formed the bedrock of a construction project, and BC became known nationally as a tough, rugged football program. It valued simple core pillars with a run-first mantra running against the grain of the current pass-happy offenses. A bumper crop of young talent understood the complex schemes and ideas, and it harmonized around a tough defense capable of winning field position battle.

The program under Addazio reached its zenith in 2018 when one of the deepest, most talented rosters in recent BC history started the season with a 7-2 record. It created a fever pitch around a return to the national polls, and it brought ESPN's College GameDay roadshow to Chestnut Hill. The full momentum of the crowd frenzied Alumni Stadium when Michael Walker's punt return gave BC a lead over No. 2 Clemson. But a disappointing end to the season combined with the denouement of the First Responder Bowl's cancellation shrouded the program's early-season rise.

"We're not taking a step back," Jarmond said. "This is all about moving forward. This is a solid foundation. If you look at our team, we have a lot of talent coming back. This is a launch pad. I don't really get into the 'how many wins' (discussion). I know that's important to fans, but I look at momentum. I look at energy. I look at progress. If you're not progressing, you're either stalling or moving back. We want to move forward. When you look at everything, I want a program that's constantly moving forward. That's what we want to do."

Addazio's tenure will find positive light because Boston College is in a much healthier position than it was when he began. The 2011 and 2012 seasons produced a combined six wins. It was a difficult time for a team recognized as an annual bowl contender.

He brought all of that back to BC with a counterculture mentality. The coach kept developing and building the scheme, leveraging his players' intelligence in a college football brand of Moneyball. It got the team to bowl games every year, save for one, which in turn meant more practice time and further development. That turned every player into a professional-grade talent. BC became a factory for NFL skills coaches, and last year's Pro Day became an indication of what that meant. The wins and losses just never seemed to get over the hump, creating a complex, nuanced discussion. The end result is final and complete, with Boston College moving in a different direction, but how it got to this point is never going to be easily summarized.

Even with this latest chapter closing, there's still a belief and energy in Chestnut Hill and BC teams are exploding onto the national scene at every turn. Football is on the verge of doing something incredibly special. The goal now is to capitalize on the momentum and move forward with the right steward capable of moving the existing infrastructure into its next phase.

It's a unique opportunity to combine all of that energy throughout the entire athletics department with the upward trajectory of the football team. It ends the latest chapter, but the next one is already ready to start.

"We talk about greater heights," Jarmond said. "We want to achieve more. You saw that last year when we were in the top-25. One of our strategic goals in our strategic plan is to be a top-25 football program (annually). That's a goal I feel strongly about. Last year, when we got back into the (polls), we were competitive. That, I think, is really important to understand what we can be. We have a rich tradition and history. We have done it before. I know we can do that. We have a lot of talent, we have a lot of potential, and I think we have to maximize that.

"I'm excited," Jarmond reiterated. "This is not something that's a rebuild. This is a retool to go for greater heights, and that's what this is about."

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:18 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Daz can take a year off from working. I think he is such an obvious replacement for Richt on ACCN in-studio show. That is a perfect gig for him. He is good on TV and can see if he has much of a future there. If not, the year on TV will make him attractive to a MAC-like school. I'd be surprised if he slummed it as a position coach (unless the school was paying north of a million).

Either Richt has been hit in the head way too many times or did a lot of drugs at some point in his life. Something is definitely not right upstairs anymore in that guy's brain.

he suffered a heart attack about a month ago i believe. :blah

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium