Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. FSU - 11/9/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. FSU - 11/9/2019

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Palmer, Glines, Long to most likely be back for next game.
Grieco (broken arm) out for the season along its Chris Garrison.
David Bailey was definitely injured; no estimate given.

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Today was the full Addazio:

- Missed FGs
- Clock mismanagement (end of both halves)
- Asking Sporracio and Lemont to cover FSUs 5* gazelles in open space
- Playing kids like Haynes

I’ve been kind of lukewarm about firing him, but we are never going anywhere with this 1940s football.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:42 pm

We also just gave up 346 to James Blackmon.

Let that sink in
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:46 pm

How can Sheridan still have a job?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:How can Sheridan still have a job?

BC doesn’t fire coaches mid season
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:44 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

How about demotions? At this point, I’m willing to give Reid a crack. It would make Daz look weak though so iwnh.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Unrelated to the game, FSU pulled a Lebron James and came on to the field during the national anthem, jumped around, and got their fans cheering all while the national anthem was being sung.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm

They also cut up our turf after the game, Jarmond should make sure the check clears on that one

Another embarrassing Saturday, think I’ll need a break from bc football if this moron is coaching in 3 weeks
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:They also cut up our turf after the game, Jarmond should make sure the check clears on that one

Another embarrassing Saturday, think I’ll need a break from bc football if this moron is coaching in 3 weeks

Why?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:04 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:They also cut up our turf after the game, Jarmond should make sure the check clears on that one

Why?

It was a turf game for them or whatever stupid thing they call it. They have a sod cemetery on campus.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:30 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

How about demotions? At this point, I’m willing to give Reid a crack. It would make Daz look weak though so iwnh.

Just so we are clear Reid got demoted after last year because with a ton more talent his defenses left a lot to be desired.

You want to see in game 11 against ND what Reid can do with a defensive void of talent? :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Just so we are clear Reid got demoted after last year because with a ton more talent his defenses left a lot to be desired.

You want to see in game 11 against ND what Reid can do with a defensive void of talent? :ace

I’m frustrated and want change.
I’m not sure I can stomach 2 more games of the status quo although you are probably right that this isn’t the right move.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:26 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I’m not sure I can stomach 2 more games of the status quo although you are probably right that this isn’t the right move.

Sheridan used to coach for the Giants. So, Logi thinks there is no one and no system that could ever do better than letting up 600 yard to Kansas.

For the record, I think Sheridan’s promotion to DC was worse than the promotion of Fitch. I think that literally anyone can coach the defense better. We are allowing 487 yard a game... 6th worse of all FBS teams (and worst of the Power 5). We are impressively doing so against one of the easiest schedules we’ve faced in recent memory. Sometimes, the real problem is the obvious one.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Sheridan used to coach for the Giants. So, Logi thinks there is no one and no system that could ever do better than letting up 600 yard to Kansas.

For the record, I think Sheridan’s promotion to DC was worse than the promotion of Fitch. I think that literally anyone can coach the defense better. We are allowing 487 yard a game... 6th worse of all FBS teams (and worst of the Power 5). We are impressively doing so against one of the easiest schedules we’ve faced in recent memory. Sometimes, the real problem is the obvious one.

There’s a talent issue on defense, but it’s like 90% scheme
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 am

Talent issue leading to scheme issue. The front 4 cannot get to the QB. Under any circumstances. So when we get tired of the QB picking us apart with no pressure we send 5. That means we play man coverage. Our “athletes” in the secondary cannot cover (or tackle for that matter) and that leads to big plays, yardage, scores. I like our linebacker unit but the rest is underperforming what you would expect for a Power 5 team.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:19 am

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Talent issue leading to scheme issue. The front 4 cannot get to the QB. Under any circumstances. So when we get tired of the QB picking us apart with no pressure we send 5. That means we play man coverage. Our “athletes” in the secondary cannot cover (or tackle for that matter) and that leads to big plays, yardage, scores. I like our linebacker unit but the rest is underperforming what you would expect for a Power 5 team.

Agreeance. I guess some can see the hidden talent that others cannot.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:22 am

It's reached the point where Sparacio on the field on obvious passing downs is masochism. Some of these issues we don't even attempt to fix
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:42 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:Talent issue leading to scheme issue. The front 4 cannot get to the QB. Under any circumstances. So when we get tired of the QB picking us apart with no pressure we send 5. That means we play man coverage. Our “athletes” in the secondary cannot cover (or tackle for that matter) and that leads to big plays, yardage, scores. I like our linebacker unit but the rest is underperforming what you would expect for a Power 5 team.

Agreeance. I guess some can see the hidden talent that others cannot.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:20 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Agreeance. I guess some can see the hidden talent that others cannot.

i don't follow the shirtless boy circuit that closely so using rivals as a measuring stick, daz isn't a good recruiter. toby was better and spaz was his equal. national rankings per rivals (they only go back to 2000). I didn't bother to do in-conference comparisons because it would be even more sad.

TOBy
Y NR
00 32
01 48
02 42
03 24
04 24
05 49
06 37

Spaz
Y NR
09 70
10 47
11 38
12 64

Meathead
Y NR
13 87
14 42
15 46
16 83
17 66
18 71
19 58
20 50*
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 am

This game being a turf game for FSU says more about FSU than it does about BC.

FYI, the guy doesn't just clip a few "blades" of turf or whatever. You can see the turf getting pulled off the foundation by the wirecutters in this video.

https://twitter.com/EvanNoles/status/11 ... 8444726272
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:27 pm

I for one can remember Mike Vick and CJ Spiller making BC defenses look like they were standing still more often than not. I get that Sparacio can't cover WRs in 4 WR sets, and the status of the safety and CB talent this season is depressing, but overall the Addazio era has led to better athletes, especially in the secondary and skill positions.

The guy should be crucified for not finding one QB in 7 years, and for not restocking the cupboard after all the NFL secondary talent left. But that's really the only recruiting criticism that exists. The guy is a terrible coach and they could make this defense better. Start with the simple start of playing nickel on third and long.

In a couple hours, Simmon, Yiadom, Harris et al will take the field for their respective teams. Other than Blackmon, when has BC had that much secondary talent in the NFL?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:37 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Agreeance. I guess some can see the hidden talent that others cannot.

i don't follow the shirtless boy circuit that closely so using rivals as a measuring stick, daz isn't a good recruiter. toby was better and spaz was his equal. national rankings per rivals (they only go back to 2000). I didn't bother to do in-conference comparisons because it would be even more sad.

TOBy
Y NR
00 32
01 48
02 42
03 24
04 24
05 49
06 37

Spaz
Y NR
09 70
10 47
11 38
12 64

Meathead
Y NR
13 87
14 42
15 46
16 83
17 66
18 71
19 58
20 50*

I'm glad you said this and not me. If I say it, everyone ignores it or just assumes I am wrong. I have been saying (for years) Daz was a shitty recruiter and :toby was an excellent recruiter. But the people on this board do not want to hear it from me. Moreover, the people on this board are too PUSSY to tell it like it is about Addazio's recruiting because they don't want to hurt the feelings of the players who might read this board. So thank you for your data, for the numbers. And the numbers do not lie.

+5
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one can remember Mike Vick and CJ Spiller making BC defenses look like they were standing still more often than not. I get that Sparacio can't cover WRs in 4 WR sets, and the status of the safety and CB talent this season is depressing, but overall the Addazio era has led to better athletes, especially in the secondary and skill positions.

The guy should be crucified for not finding one QB in 7 years, and for not restocking the cupboard after all the NFL secondary talent left. But that's really the only recruiting criticism that exists. The guy is a terrible coach and they could make this defense better. Start with the simple start of playing nickel on third and long.

In a couple hours, Simmon, Yiadom, Harris et al will take the field for their respective teams. Other than Blackmon, when has BC had that much secondary talent in the NFL?

Yeah. It’s this.

The recruiting thing bothers me because it means that you have to admit he’s a great coach for taking a bunch of MAC players and coaching them up to be the peers of the 5-star recruits at FSU and VT. The truth is quite the opposite. He’s a very good identifier of talent. That’s why he’s been a valued recruiting coordinator over the years (and will be scooped up by a school like Bama almost immediately). Where he has been deplorable is in game day coaching and QB development. This is the first year that his D has been trash since the first two years of Donnie Brown.

Only 33 and nospace think Daz should be lauded for coaching up terrible talent. That’s all you need to know.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I for one can remember Mike Vick and CJ Spiller making BC defenses look like they were standing still more often than not. I get that Sparacio can't cover WRs in 4 WR sets, and the status of the safety and CB talent this season is depressing, but overall the Addazio era has led to better athletes, especially in the secondary and skill positions.

Yeah. It’s this.

The recruiting thing bothers me because it means that you have to admit he’s a great coach for taking a bunch of MAC players and coaching them up to be the peers of the 5-star recruits at FSU and VT. The truth is quite the opposite. He’s a very good identifier of talent. That’s why he’s been a valued recruiting coordinator over the years (and will be scooped up by a school like Bama almost immediately). Where he has been deplorable is in game day coaching and QB development. This is the first year that his D has been trash since the first two years of Donnie Brown.

:81 :slapfight :dildodog

HomoJS, no, no, NO! Addazio SUCKS at recruiting. He coached the MAC players UP. But he can't "sell" shit.

He is a shitty coach NOT because his players underperform. For him they over-perform which is great. He is a shitty coach because he can't SELL BC to Blue Chip recuits! Fuck everything else you think about Addazio.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:50 pm

All of you.

Look at the numbers, the rankings that eagle33 quoted. Here let me help you out, the two highest ranked recruiting classes BC ever recruited got BC to consecutive ACC Championship games and (in one year) had BC ranked #2 in the whole fucking country. The numbers are the numbers. I know you guys were liberal farts majors at BC (and as a result, you all had to go to law school in order to earn a living) but the math cuts straight though all your :bullshit.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah. It’s this.

Only 33 and nospace think Daz should be lauded for coaching up terrible talent. That’s all you need to know.

you're dumber than i thought and your love affair with meathead's recruiting is funny.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:13 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah. It’s this.

you're dumber than i thought and your love affair with meathead's recruiting is funny.

I’ll take that as a compliment coming from a guy who thinks Daz is an Xs and Os savant who coaches-up shitty players to 7 wins.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah. It’s this.

I’ll take that as a compliment coming from a guy who thinks Daz is an Xs and Os savant who coaches-up shitty players to 7 wins.

please provide evidence of that, you really are dumber than a rock sometimes.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:07 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah. It’s this.

The idea that he wins 7 games in the ACC Atlantic because he coaches up bad talent is really dumb. Almost as dumb as the gym teacher you think is coaching his guys up.

He can't be a demonstrably bad gameday coach whose players don't get better with bad talent and still have 7 wins a year and many guys contributing in the NFL.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:10 pm

And Farrell traded ratings for access to tob.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium