Official Gameday Thread - BC at Clemson - 10/26/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thread - BC at Clemson - 10/26/2019

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:28 am

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:42 am

Still really pissed off about this game.
No BC team should ever lose like that to anyone. It's fucking embarrassing.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 am

how bad is the hangover?

meh it is what it is at this point, counting down till 4 weeks from now capping off a completely lost decade of bc athletics

a new coach on d will help, there is some young talent there. maitre, sebastian, mcduffie, sillah, rayam
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:02 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

What BS! Itsall about Clemson....is he so cautious about bruising players egos that he can't call their performance what it was...an abortion? Or does he know that he has assembled a team incapable of playing decent football at this level? Whichever it is, he proves time and again that he is a disaster as a HC. Please, please go away!!
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:57 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:how bad is the hangover?

meh it is what it is at this point, counting down till 4 weeks from now capping off a completely lost decade of bc athletics

a new coach on d will help, there is some young talent there. maitre, sebastian, mcduffie, sillah, rayam

I was expecting a much worse hangover than what I actually got.

you're way too optimistic about Daz being canned... and then expecting that is followed up by a good hire? we could only be so lucky.'
of three winnable remaining games, as long as the team doesn't quit on the season, I expect we will get at least one if not two. I would be shocked if they fire Daz at 6-6. I could even see him sticking around at 5-7 with Brown getting injured.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Two of the hallmarks of the Daz era have been losing in close, winnable games and blow out embarrassing losses.

I’d feel better if I had any confidence that he’d be gone after this year but I don’t. Hoping that Rutgers does us a favor and takes him off our hands.

I do think Martin can make a good hire. He’s shown he can make good picks in the non-revenue sports.

At the end of the day I’m tired saying “well they were good when I was there” and defending the ACC move to people who say we can’t compete. This truly has been a lost decade for football.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:41 pm

It’s been more than a lost decade. We haven’t done much since that mythical national championship in 1940. 1984 was a good year, but that’s about it. No BCS bowl appearances. No New Years Six. No conference championships (I don’t count 2004).
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:52 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:It’s been more than a lost decade. We haven’t done much since that mythical national championship in 1940. 1984 was a good year, but that’s about it. No BCS bowl appearances. No New Years Six. No conference championships (I don’t count 2004).

With Clemson in our division things are going to be tough but we need to at least be competitive against them. last night was an abomination.

there's no reason we shouldn't be aiming toward 10 or 11 wins in the meantime as a realistic goal. the part that frustrates me is that we have made zero progress toward it. even small progress like 8 or 9 wins would be something but I dont see us doing it with Daz at the helm unless we hire some damn good assistant coaches.

I see this season playing out with 5 or 6 wins and Daz then getting an ultimatum to lay waste to his staff or goodbye. that brown injury was probably a job saver for him with the way this season is gonna play out.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:37 pm

I think it comes down to Syracuse. If Dazzler beats the Cuse and he avoids being humiliated by Florida State, Notre Dame and Pitt, the Brown injury and the fact that Leahy is still in charge, combined with the ritual shooting of a few assistants probably gets him another year.

Syracuse is horrendous and while the Dome has historically been a house of horrors for BC, I think they are so bad that we can win comfortably—if it is close we will lose. Florida State sucks but they have far superior athleticism and Daz and Taggert are equally incompetent. Notre Dame is a vastly overrated enterprise, but Kelly only shits the bed when he is afraid of the opposition and he has no reason to be afraid of us. Even Ian Book’s decidedly Ivy League-level arm will be able to make plays against our horrendous defensive backfield so there is no chance there. Pitt at Heinz field is the sort of game Dazzler never wins.

If you care anything about BC, you will fervently root for another inexplicable drubbing at the hands of the Orange and that the power of the Red Bandana Game will not be enough to cause us to play above our talent and coaching level. At 4-8 I think even Leahy would allow Jarmond to make a move.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:41 pm

The idea that Addazio gets an administrative pass due to Brown injury is probably the best and clearest example of how acceptable mediocrity has become at the Heights. Forgetting for a moment than in year 7 there was no plan B at QB given potential for injury, especially in view of the recent QB fiascos under Addazio's watch, this is proving to be one of the worst defenses fielded at BC in many a year. It is amazing how easily this coach escapes accountability and responsibility for the lack of results.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:51 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:The idea that Addazio gets an administrative pass due to Brown injury is probably the best and clearest example of how acceptable mediocrity has become at the Heights. Forgetting for a moment than in year 7 there was no plan B at QB given potential for injury, especially in view of the recent QB fiascos under Addazio's watch, this is proving to be one of the worst defenses fielded at BC in many a year. It is amazing how easily this coach escapes accountability and responsibility for the lack of results.

welcome to bc athletics fandom.
are you new here?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:00 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:The idea that Addazio gets an administrative pass due to Brown injury is probably the best and clearest example of how acceptable mediocrity has become at the Heights. Forgetting for a moment than in year 7 there was no plan B at QB given potential for injury, especially in view of the recent QB fiascos under Addazio's watch, this is proving to be one of the worst defenses fielded at BC in many a year. It is amazing how easily this coach escapes accountability and responsibility for the lack of results.

If this season ends with 5-7 or 4-8 and they mention dazz needing more time because of Brown I think everyone has a right to go nuts. I would just hold onto going down that road until it happens.

Only one person keeps saying Brown was any good and that is the ketchup king and at this point I don't think even Jarmond listens to him anymore. Dazziani has started using youth as his excuse which is fine. Year 7 is an odd time to go back to that well but ok.

Also, note to Dazz you called the Rutgers defense elite, Virginia Tech was a statement win against a top well coached team and said Kansas was a bunch of all-americans that is why your saying Clemson is elite is meaningless and just simply self-serving. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:16 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

welcome to bc athletics fandom.
are you new here?

Its only because I can put this into some historical perspective that makes me despise Addazio. He has no apparent idea on how to manage a coherent program. He, like Spaz before him, is a born assistant who seems incapable of focusing on/appreciating and implementing all the things that a program needs to succeed. He'll go out of his way to crow about how improved his OL is, for instance, and yet he avoid any relevent discussion about the abysmal failure to field a servicable defense. He has never solved the apparently incomprehensible puzzle of stablizing the QB position or the kicking game. Staff turnover? A symptom or a cause? Its one step forward and three steps back with this joker. Ridding him would be addition by subtraction.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:32 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium