Official Gameday Thread - BC vs. NC State - 10/19/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. NC State - 10/19/2019

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:55 pm

kobenhavn {l Wrote}:As usual this year ESPN Player hangsnup on every play beginning late 3rd quarter. Commercials and the idiot logo during breaks play perfectly, even the between play chatter usually plays but hangs up as soon as the ball is snapped.

Maybe get a VPN with Boston location and then YouTube tv?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby kobenhavn on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:21 pm

Interesting that I switched to three other games and no issues with those. Problem cleared up in BC game in the final three minutes. I will try vpn-ing to Boston next time. Fortunately this was an early game so my neighbors didnt have to hear me cursing loudly in the middle of the night.
kobenhavn
n00b

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Wow Daz and Lovie Smith each win minutes apart.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:29 pm

Was this the same team that played Kansas? I haven't seen such a dominant run game in quite awhile. What a dynamic duo.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Watched the game with the Alumni association here in town. No complaints today. I'm not even angry about 4 kick offs that went out of bounds. We were all laughing after the third one. I am extremely happy with this game and I'll go on being happy about BC football for a few days.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:26 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Was this the same team that played Kansas? I haven't seen such a dominant run game in quite awhile. What a dynamic duo.

Kansas was inexcusable. But, inexcusable happens every week in college football. Games against Wake and Ville will prove to be more costly. Those are games that were competitive but our D just couldn’t make any sort of stop.

At the end of the day, each and every game our offense has been very good. The D has been horrific. When it was not absolutely terrible, we’ve won. Look back at what Daz has done with his assistants, this promotion of Sheridan feels very much like the promotion-from-within of Fitch. They should’ve gone out and hired a real DC like he did with Bajakian.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
gallopingghost {l Wrote}:Was this the same team that played Kansas? I haven't seen such a dominant run game in quite awhile. What a dynamic duo.

Kansas was inexcusable. But, inexcusable happens every week in college football. Games against Wake and Ville will prove to be more costly. Those are games that were competitive but our D just couldn’t make any sort of stop.

At the end of the day, each and every game our offense has been very good. The D has been horrific. When it was not absolutely terrible, we’ve won. Look back at what Daz has done with his assistants, this promotion of Sheridan feels very much like the promotion-from-within of Fitch. They should’ve gone out and hired a real DC like he did with Bajakian.

The D looked way better today. #34 covering WRs is still insanely bad coaching but whatever
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:If you like noon games.

and only :oldman do
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:37 pm

State stinks! Overrated!!

That was the worst defense I have seen in a few seasons. Grosel was very late throwing the ball. It appeared he overthought every throw. The rushing yards will give Daz the confidence to go RRRP for the rest of the season.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:53 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The D looked way better today. #34 covering WRs is still insanely bad coaching but whatever

They changed personnel up and started playing the younger guys more.

Personally, I think the D should focus almost exclusively on stopping the run and getting to the QB. Have the secondary play press coverage to prevent the short pass. If the OL picks it up the pressure and the QB has time, you will be giving up a big play. But, it’ll be more productive than giving up 10 yards a clip AND huge chunk plays. Last year versus Clemson, this forcing quick decisions and stopping the run was actually mildly effective.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:The D looked way better today. #34 covering WRs is still insanely bad coaching but whatever

Personally, I think the D should focus almost exclusively on stopping the run and getting to the QB. Have the secondary play press coverage to prevent the short pass. If the OL picks it up the pressure and the QB has time, you will be giving up a big play. But, it’ll be more productive than giving up 10 yards a clip AND huge chunk plays. Last year versus Clemson, this forcing quick decisions and stopping the run was actually mildly effective.

I 100% agree. Every time Sheridan called press man, the CB's seemed much more comfortable. Maitre is also 3x the player Haynes is right now. I haven't given up on Tate moving forward, but he's not ready this season.

I also thought Grosel managed the game well. He's a likeable kid. Really hope coach Jake mixes the playbook up next week so we can see Grosel run it more often. He's a decent athlete.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Berry played a lot, Grieco & Burke played a little and Bennermon saw the most action since the VTech game. Was Bennermon hurt? Not sure why he was benched as he looks better than Rayam.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

no question

i had to get the roster out several times to see who was out there. greico is lanky, surprised depalma didn't get much run. as epstein said 34 on a WR simply isn't fair and is going to get ugly saturday.

on the tipped PAT that went in, did they say why didn't flag the guy for leaping? daz was going nuts on the sideliine

no shit alert but bailey is so much quicker than last year. he was always a big back but couldn't make anyone miss outside of running someone over. the RB roob is absolutely loaded and would be nice to rs garwo
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

no question

i had to get the roster out several times to see who was out there. greico is lanky, surprised depalma didn't get much run. as epstein said 34 on a WR simply isn't fair and is going to get ugly saturday.

on the tipped PAT that went in, did they say why didn't flag the guy for leaping? daz was going nuts on the sideliine

no shit alert but bailey is so much quicker than last year. he was always a big back but couldn't make anyone miss outside of running someone over. the RB roob is absolutely loaded and would be nice to rs garwo

In one of the interviews, either at halftime or during the postgame, Daz said redshirting Garwo is the priority. I think he has only played in one game (at least according to the participation report). Does anyone remember which game he played?

Re: the rb room being loaded.... that rock ain’t gonna crack itself. :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:44 pm

richmond...6 carries for 34
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:47 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:01 pm

Looks like that went well.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:38 am

Was Levy hurt?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:31 am

yes i assume so given kobay was back there returning punts in 2nd half, surprised / disappointed it wasn't zay

wtf w the kickoffs, mutryn jokingly asked daz as his first question in the post game.
great to see board favorite shittah get a lot of time and make an impact

baum is pumping a bunch of stats that are pretty impressive (yes, i know the d sucks yogurt man)
#11 offense nationally in ypg
aj 2nd nationally in ypg
this has been the best OL since probably jags, #6 rushing offense #1 in sacks allowed

alec & chris' mom is battling breast cancer which is who they were taking a picture with postgame
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:01 am

I can't believe the ease with which they won.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:12 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I can't believe the ease with which they won.

Have to think yesterday’s game puts 6 wins in play with games still against FSU, Pitt, Syracuse. FSU is probably the must win of three being at home and Daz’s sucktitude historically against Syracuse.

Playing the younger players just illustrate the Head Co(ckro)ach’s ability for self preservation. Whatever. I’m just glad for a (comfortable) win that as opposed to BC football ruining my weekend.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:40 am

It was beautiful
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:53 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

Have to think yesterday’s game puts 6 wins in play with games still against FSU, Pitt, Syracuse. FSU is probably the must win of three being at home and Daz’s sucktitude historically against Syracuse.

They are getting rocketshipped by ND and Clemson. Everyone talks about Pitt as a winnable game. It’s not. Cuse and FSU are terrible and would be automatic wins in a normal year (but, so should have Kansas, Wake and Ville).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:05 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

They are getting rocketshipped by ND and Clemson. Everyone talks about Pitt as a winnable game. It’s not. Cuse and FSU are terrible and would be automatic wins in a normal year (but, so should have Kansas, Wake and Ville).

From what I’ve seen of Cuse, they’re real bad and are a notch below Wake, Ville and FSU. BC should win that one easily if they play like they did yesterday.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:14 am

Press coverage is the Don Brown defense. I thought they used that against Wake effectively. It should work well against SU and FSU. I think it can work against ND and Pitt as well. I think the issue is going to be Grosel not being effective in the throw game.

Unfortunately, Daz is back for another year.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:25 am

If we don’t win 6 (make a bowl), Daz is gone. He lost his injured QB excuse yesterday as the team won without even using a QB.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:58 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Press coverage is the Don Brown defense. I thought they used that against Wake effectively. It should work well against SU and FSU. I think it can work against ND and Pitt as well. I think the issue is going to be Grosel not being effective in the throw game.

Unfortunately, Daz is back for another year.

Go Eagles!

Surprising Don Brown doesn't get more acclaim for having invented press coverage
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby LawyersGunsnMoney on Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:59 pm

I thought Grosel managed the game well. He didn’t force anything and moved well in and out of the pocket. OL has been very good this year minus all the false start penalties.
LawyersGunsnMoney
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Pitt is in the category of not-Clemson and not-ND.
I think emotion might keep ND close and Clemson will prob be 3-4 TDs but if we can run the ball and control the clock maybe we can keep the game close-ish.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:05 pm

LawyersGunsnMoney {l Wrote}:I thought Grosel managed the game well. He didn’t force anything and moved well in and out of the pocket. OL has been very good this year minus all the false start penalties.

That and making short throws is roughly all we need to get us 6 wins if we can continue to run the ball like yesterday.
6 wins seems like a victory considering how the first half of the season went.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium