NCST Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NCST Week

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:30 pm

media {l Wrote}:Q. Where does the defense go from here after giving up 600 yards?

Captain Ketchup {l Wrote}:We're in the same place we have been. If you watch our defense right now we're a little bit of a roller coaster ride. And what we have to learn to do is handle adversity a little bit. We make a lot of mistakes right now and we have to learn how to grow up and handle that. It's not like, oh, this guy's getting blocked into here and, oh, we're getting mauled or -- no, no, no. What it is we have a lot mistakes being made we have got some coverages being blown and I thought we did a good job of starting to tap that back down the couple weeks before that. And then it showed up a little bit again. We lost essentially our whole secondary and the Hamp deal hurt us and the McDuffie deal hurt us too. So on top of everybody we lost, we also lost those two guys that really should have been functioning within the framework.

So what we have to do is, the thing is, is what we're doing right now is developing some good younger players though. It's not like, oh, there's no talent. No, there's talent, we just got to mature it, we got to develop it. Some of the teams we're playing are explosive. Louisville's got some really good athletes, really fine athletes in space, you just saw that. I mean, I forgot what they put up against Florida State but you just saw this. You saw the 19th team in the country got 62 put on them. So I'm just saying, that's an explosive team.

So right now we have got to smooth that out, make less mistakes and smooth that out and continue to develop on that side of the ball and clearly that's where our focus is right now to do that. But the attitude, the mentality, the how hard they practice, what they're putting into it, phenomenal.

I hate these press conferences because the media is a bunch of pussies. Don't let him get away with that. Have a follow up question. Coach you gave up 600 yards on defense and you tell us that in order to fix that, you have to develop younger players. Coach weren't you doing that all summer and if not, why wait until the season is half over?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:per meatbaum there will be an update at the weekly presser at 1

From the moment it occurred, I assumed he was done for the year (if not his career). Daz's comments after the game were all about the two back-ups having to step in. That said, I also heard Christian Wilkins had ruptured AB's spleen last year when he did a move illegal in the NFL (but not college).

By updating the world at 1pm, I would think it means he is done. If he could play again this year, Daz would likely play the game where he doesn't give any info. If he needs surgery for a ruptured ACL, there is no way to pretend.

Hearing it is more than just an ACL (also, not the same knee as two years ago).

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1180552347220508672

Only one angle but worry for ACL/MCL non contact tear.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Darren6 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:23 pm

I'll be heading up from New Orleans on Thursday for this one...mainly to see my son march in the BCMB, but looking forward to taking in my second ever BC game at Alumni Stadium (third BC game if you consider the one quarter of football that we attended last year at the bowl game in Dallas). Coming off attending the LSU/UF game last weekend, talk about a 180 turnaround of college football, but am excited to once again see the beautiful campus of BC and spend a few days with my son. Geaux Eagles!
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby durkcal on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:46 pm

BC should be winning this game. It's actually a good matchup for us stylistically. It will be close, so there is a chance Daz turtles up in the 4th quarter and blows it. But I don't see the translation of the 600+ yards from Louisville to this Saturday. I expect the defense will look better(setting the bar very low, lol). I'm also counting on the offensive game plan to be sophisticated to get the ball outside, and with a lot of misdirection. Their Front 7 is tough, but Daz respects that. So we can get him out of the "seal here, seal there, we'll run them right over" overconfidence syndrome.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:31 am

With only this game and Syracuse as possible W's, a loss Saturday seals Addazio's fate, in my mind. A 4 or 5 win season in year 7 underscores the program's regression, especially in view of the fact that he can't field a college level defense. The well worn excuses about indiscretions of youth (which he trotted out yet again this week), or crippling impact of an injury simply don't cut it, when the failure to build any depth after 7 years at the helm rears up yet again.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:16 am

this d isn't that young, 9 of the 11 opening day starters were in at least their 3 year of college

they're just not good
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:BC should be winning this game. It's actually a good matchup for us stylistically. It will be close, so there is a chance Daz turtles up in the 4th quarter and blows it. But I don't see the translation of the 600+ yards from Louisville to this Saturday. I expect the defense will look better(setting the bar very low, lol). I'm also counting on the offensive game plan to be sophisticated to get the ball outside, and with a lot of misdirection. Their Front 7 is tough, but Daz respects that. So we can get him out of the "seal here, seal there, we'll run them right over" overconfidence syndrome.

I disagree here. NCST wins this game going away because of our defense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:23 am

Anyone know if season ticket holders still get free tix to this game? I can't find the email.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:26 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:With only this game and Syracuse as possible W's, a loss Saturday seals Addazio's fate, in my mind. A 4 or 5 win season in year 7 underscores the program's regression, especially in view of the fact that he can't field a college level defense. The well worn excuses about indiscretions of youth (which he trotted out yet again this week), or crippling impact of an injury simply don't cut it, when the failure to build any depth after 7 years at the helm rears up yet again.

Don't count out the self-preservation skills of seven six win Steve.

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:With only this game and Syracuse as possible W's.

I think FSU is a special kind of terrible. I think that is the best chance Daziani has from being 0-for-ACC for the second time in his tenure.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I think FSU is a special kind of terrible. I think that is the best chance Daziani has from being 0-for-ACC for the second time in his tenure.

The V Tech win made an ACC o-fer pretty unlikely, says this observer
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am

NCSU sucks but it’s pretty much guaranteed that their QB will have a career day
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 am

cj lewis has turf toe and is why he hasn't gotten any reps
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

The V Tech win made an ACC o-fer pretty unlikely, says this observer

An observer may also note that FSU beat (handily) NCSTate (the team that BC is playing tomorrow).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium