How many losses will it take?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What's the smallest number of losses that will get Daz canned?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:47 am

5 (7-5)
3%
6 (6-6)
11%
7 (5-7)
34%
8 (4-8)
29%
9 (3-9)
8%
pearl necklace
3%
scrush2
13%

Total votes : 38

Re: How many losses will it take?

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Give Coach White credit... Dee’s remarks are often inane.

Coach White...can even make AJ Dillon play poorly.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Skidmark on Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:50 pm

It pains me to say this, but if Addazio can get to 6 wins with this atrocious a defense and no Anthony Brown, he will have made a legit case to save his job.
Skidmark
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 am

Skidmark {l Wrote}:It pains me to say this, but if Addazio can get to 6 wins with this atrocious a defense and no Anthony Brown, he will have made a legit case to save his job.

So in spite of the fact Addazio created both of those situations in Year 7 he should save his job with 6-6?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:48 am

...unlike 90% of what is posted here.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:29 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Posting here is what makes her remarks inane.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:It pains me to say this, but if Addazio can get to 6 wins with this atrocious a defense and no Anthony Brown, he will have made a legit case to save his job.

So in spite of the fact Addazio created both of those situations in Year 7 he should save his job with 6-6?

That depends on the direction of the administration. If Leahy and the BOT are "content" with a bullshit bowl appearance each year (and never-ever progressing past that point), then yes, 6-6 will save Addazio's job, might even get him another little contract extension. That remains to be seen. But so far, that seems to have worked for Addazio (much to our collective chagrin.) The school does not appear to be asking that much more from the man.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:44 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

That depends on the direction of the administration. If Leahy and the BOT are "content" with a bullshit bowl appearance each year (and never-ever progressing past that point), then yes, 6-6 will save Addazio's job, might even get him another little contract extension. That remains to be seen. But so far, that seems to have worked for Addazio (much to our collective chagrin.) The school does not appear to be asking that much more from the man.

fixed
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Now I know there's nothing you Rutgres fans love more than a Club Bamboo sausage-fest full of spray-tanned dudes who have stuffed their black jeans with taylor ham, but can we maybe not try to run off the only girl?

ps I respect your posts
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:52 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Now I know there's nothing you Rutgres fans love more than a Club Bamboo sausage-fest full of spray-tanned dudes who have stuffed their black jeans with taylor ham, but can we maybe not try to run off the only girl?

ps I respect your posts

If nametag events at Spring Lake Taphouse didn't run her off, nothing will.

Love you Sweet Dee... kisses.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:34 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

fixed

Yeah I think that is (sadly) worthy of a +5.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:06 pm

My inane remark seemed to have caused a twitter emergency yesterday...whoopsie. :screamyeagle

I didn't mean to....but as some past great BC coaches have said, we are who we are. Father Leahy assumed office at BC on July 31st, 1996.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:54 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:My inane remark seemed to have caused a twitter emergency yesterday...whoopsie. :screamyeagle

I didn't mean to....but as some past great BC coaches have said, we are who we are. Father Leahy assumed office at BC on July 31st, 1996.

I don’t think what you said was even that bad. Did you get more shit from other people besides Coach White?

P.s. men’s soccer team is kicking ass this year. I knew they tied #20 vtech and just saw your tweet they tied #1 uva. That freshman they have is really good, i saw he played in the revs academy, then Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, etc. exciting to see that program getting such good players and putting up great results!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:41 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:My inane remark seemed to have caused a twitter emergency yesterday...whoopsie. :screamyeagle

I don’t think what you said was even that bad. Did you get more shit from other people besides Coach White?

P.s. men’s soccer team is kicking ass this year. I knew they tied #20 vtech and just saw your tweet they tied #1 uva. That freshman they have is really good, i saw he played in the revs academy, then Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, etc. exciting to see that program getting such good players and putting up great results!

Thanks, Hansen! For the most part, almost everyone was supportive. I didn’t tweet at him or the coaches...so (shrugs) as to why he picked my tweet out of, what I am sure there are tons of, tweets directly to the coaches telling them they suck, etc...it was a harsh tweet coming from me....but it so frustrating being a BC sports fan in football and basketball. And the only constant over this long period of time (Except for a few good years) is our Leadership - our President. Who does not exactly like sports.

I have no ill will towards Coach White. Yes, the soccer team had a big tie tonight, and volleyball is doing very well! Happy for them! Go Eagles!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:49 am

I think coach White’s reaction to your tweet is a reflection of the stress the assistant coaches are under with their one year contracts. Daz gets all of the big money while the assistant coaches are just earning a living at best. If BC replaces Daz some of the assistant coaches might be retained. BC desperately needs to get rid of Daz and JC. I don’t have a lot of confidence in MJ after he extended JC last season. That was a major mistake and a strong sign that MJ might have to go as well.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:02 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I think coach White’s reaction to your tweet is a reflection of the stress the assistant coaches are under with their one year contracts. Daz gets all of the big money while the assistant coaches are just earning a living at best. If BC replaces Daz some of the assistant coaches might be retained. BC desperately needs to get rid of Daz and JC. I don’t have a lot of confidence in MJ after he extended JC last season. That was a major mistake and a strong sign that MJ might have to go as well.

Go Eagles!

I don't remember who it was exactly but someone posted here once that they went to a game during the Spaz years. They were completely drunk (the only way you could get through a game coached by Spaz) and they were leaving the stadium in a humbling defeat. And they remarked to another "fan" who was also leaving that they really need to fire Spaz. This "fan" she lost her shit. Apparently, she was the wife of one of the assistant coaches and screamed back at EO poster (don't remember which one) "if they fire Spaz my husband loses his job!" or something like that.

No one is getting it done right now. I think the whole staff needs to go. They are NOT recruiting the players that we need. I've lost jobs (more often than not my employer went bankrupt) and its usually been for the best that I lost them. Its not the end of the world. But if you are a 25 year old assistant and you've never been fired before, it may feel that way.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:18 pm

This might finally be it for Addazio. At 3-3 at this point, I see only two more possible wins, and I think they'll only win one of those two. That leaves them at 4-8, best case 5-7, so, buh-bye.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:This might finally be it for Addazio. At 3-3 at this point, I see only two more possible wins, and I think they'll only win one of those two. That leaves them at 4-8, best case 5-7, so, buh-bye.

If what these guys are telling me about Addazio's contract extension is true (all up-side for the purposes of recruiting, no financial downside for BC) then I would have to agree with you. He's a goner. He needed to beat Louisville or Wake (needed to beat them both really) because he is not splitting the last 6 games. Maybe he can beat a limp Florida State. Might find a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat from NCState. But I can't see this team winning more than 5, not with these players on defense. No way. I think Jarmond is probably scouting the MAC as we type for his first real coaching hire at BC.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:05 am

I think MJ is too scared to make a big coaching change in football or basketball. But who knows? SMH.
Leadership needs a winning attitude. Not putting a sugar coating on the fact that we’ve been losing in basketball for over 10 years and not reaching our potential in football. I’m still sick over our underperformance of an EXCELLENT team last year. Seven wins....come on....(side eye...)...our student athletes, alums, fans, etc. deserve so much more.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:55 am

BCdee {l Wrote}:Leadership needs a winning attitude. Not putting a sugar coating on the fact that we’ve been losing in basketball for over 10 years and not reaching our potential in football. I’m still sick over our underperformance of an EXCELLENT team last year. Seven wins....come on....(side eye...)...our student athletes, alums, fans, etc. deserve so much more.

For years, all any "fan" ever wanted was to be FSU on Saturdays. Now that we finally are, you aren't happy. There just is not pleasing some people (even with White Mountain Creamery). - marineagle
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:Leadership needs a winning attitude. Not putting a sugar coating on the fact that we’ve been losing in basketball for over 10 years and not reaching our potential in football. I’m still sick over our underperformance of an EXCELLENT team last year. Seven wins....come on....(side eye...)...our student athletes, alums, fans, etc. deserve so much more.

For years, all any "fan" ever wanted was to be FSU on Saturdays. Now that we finally are, you aren't happy. There just is not pleasing some people (even with White Mountain Creamery). - marineagle

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:24 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Thanks, Hansen! For the most part, almost everyone was supportive. I didn’t tweet at him or the coaches...so (shrugs) as to why he picked my tweet out of, what I am sure there are tons of, tweets directly to the coaches telling them they suck, etc...it was a harsh tweet coming from me....but it so frustrating being a BC sports fan in football and basketball. And the only constant over this long period of time (Except for a few good years) is our Leadership - our President. Who does not exactly like sports.

Dammit, Dee! Coach Brian White just spilled his #BigGulpofFragileSensibilities.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:32 pm

It's exhausting speaking out because there are few who demand better and Leadership hasn't changed in like 23 years. I'm tired guys and don't want to be hated by a school I love. SOS. :bag :screamyeagle
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:44 pm

I think Daz is safe for another 2 years. His contract extension and raise leave BC owing him 9 million if they fire him this year. If his job was in jeopardy he would play Johnson not Grosel. I’m afraid we’re stuck with this buffoon for 2 more years.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:54 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I think Daz is safe for another 2 years. His contract extension and raise leave BC owing him 9 million if they fire him this year. If his job was in jeopardy he would play Johnson not Grosel. I’m afraid we’re stuck with this buffoon for 2 more years.

Go Eagles!

1. That dollar figure is completely inaccurate based on everything I've heard
2. If your job were safe, you would play Johnson. If you're about to get fired, you would played Fadule Jr or Val
3. The extension runs beyond that timeframe albeit with a lesser buyout

Otherwise the above words are completely factually accurate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:15 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Dammit, Dee! Coach Brian White just spilled his #BigGulpofFragileSensibilities.

He very quickly deleted the tweet once he realized exactly who he had decided to go after and the swarm (flock?) of angry BC fans descended upon him. It was one of the more interesting moments of BC Twitter lately.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:21 am

Daz has 3 years after this season left on his contract. He got a raise last year from 2.5 million. The low buyout clause is just wishful thinking by everyone.

If Johnson is the best of the back up QB’s and your job was on the line, why wouldn’t you play him?

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:33 am

Where do you pretend to get your truth from?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:08 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Daz has 3 years after this season left on his contract. He got a raise last year from 2.5 million. The low buyout clause is just wishful thinking by everyone.

If Johnson is the best of the back up QB’s and your job was on the line, why wouldn’t you play him?

Go Eagles!

Johnson was the worst of the group as of this Spring. You'd only play him if you're fine losing games with a safe job in hopes of developing him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:49 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I think coach White’s reaction to your tweet is a reflection of the stress the assistant coaches are under with their one year contracts. Daz gets all of the big money while the assistant coaches are just earning a living at best. If BC replaces Daz some of the assistant coaches might be retained. BC desperately needs to get rid of Daz and JC. I don’t have a lot of confidence in MJ after he extended JC last season. That was a major mistake and a strong sign that MJ might have to go as well.

Go Eagles!

I don't remember who it was exactly but someone posted here once that they went to a game during the Spaz years. They were completely drunk (the only way you could get through a game coached by Spaz) and they were leaving the stadium in a humbling defeat. And they remarked to another "fan" who was also leaving that they really need to fire Spaz. This "fan" she lost her shit. Apparently, she was the wife of one of the assistant coaches and screamed back at EO poster (don't remember which one) "if they fire Spaz my husband loses his job!" or something like that.

No one is getting it done right now. I think the whole staff needs to go. They are NOT recruiting the players that we need. I've lost jobs (more often than not my employer went bankrupt) and its usually been for the best that I lost them. Its not the end of the world. But if you are a 25 year old assistant and you've never been fired before, it may feel that way.

It was Philly or Claver I believe.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Apparently, Martin Jarmond is now blocking people on the twitter machine that post critical comments in regard to Daz or the state of the football program.
I may have to change my vote based on this new information.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium