Official Gameday Thead - BC at Louisville - 10/5/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC at Louisville - 10/5/2019

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Talked to someone last night relatively well plugged in. According to them the event in Jersey City before the Rutgers game was very tense. It was clear Martin knows he is in a tight spot with Dazzler. Interestingly they also said that BC is starting to feel the burn from a fundraising side and that development is saying they can no longer sustain what they’re doing. They’re making the rumblings internally that failures on the field are resulting in empty coffers. They also said that most people recognize that Leahy is the true problem and nothing will change until hes gone.

I wonder if Leahy apathy comes from feeling that he got burned by the move to the ACC. That seemed to be a savvy move on his part at the time but I wonder if the decisions since then are making him regret and thus take no interest in athletics.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:40 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I wonder if Leahy apathy comes from feeling that he got burned by the move to the ACC. That seemed to be a savvy move on his part at the time but I wonder if the decisions since then are making him regret and thus take no interest in athletics.

Nobody but that fat ass that used to work for the Globe regrets the move to the ACC.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:I wonder if Leahy apathy comes from feeling that he got burned by the move to the ACC. That seemed to be a savvy move on his part at the time but I wonder if the decisions since then are making him regret and thus take no interest in athletics.

Nobody but that fat ass that used to work for the Globe regrets the move to the ACC.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Skidmark on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:Based on what I've seen this season, Muse is likely our best safety.

Interesting that you have seen that since he has not played a single down at safety.

What I've seen is Palmer, Borgersen and El Attrach... Enough said.
Skidmark
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:57 pm

Skidmark {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:Based on what I've seen this season, Muse is likely our best safety.

Interesting that you have seen that since he has not played a single down at safety.

Not sure if the answer at FS/SS is on our roster.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Why are you guys wasting beautiful fall afternoons watching this program? Go spend time with your families or play golf or whatever.

I’m as die hard as they come, but I can’t waste more of my time on this idiocy.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:42 pm

1. devastating loss... team now needs to win 3 games out of the next 6 or this program will be set back another so many years. for a school that is all about development, those four extra weeks of practice are huge not to mention missing out on bowl game would prob destroy this recruiting class.
2. with AB potentially missing time, this bye week could not have come at a better time.
3. with our defense playing the way they are, this bye week could not have come at a better time.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:50 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Not sure if the answer at FS/SS is on our roster.

That's the scary part. The defense might be really bad next year too...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:1. devastating loss... team now needs to win 3 games out of the next 6 or this program will be set back another so many years. for a school that is all about development, those four extra weeks of practice are huge not to mention missing out on bowl game would prob destroy this recruiting class.
2. with AB potentially missing time, this bye week could not have come at a better time.
3. with our defense playing the way they are, this bye week could not have come at a better time.

counterpoint: bye week insufficient to fix problems
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:34 pm

The defense has gone straight downhill since Don Brown left. Without Brown there is no hope for Daz. He finally gets his offense going and the defense falls apart. Who has he recruited at dline since Brown left? The bottom will completely fall out next year if they bring this idiot back.

That said, I do believe that Daz has 3 years at 3 million per year left on his contract and therefore he will not be fired.

Drop the puck and Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:41 pm

Second BC road game in a row I haven't watched a single down. Now the wife can't bitch when I watch real football all day tomorrow.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Pretty much on a weekly basis I'm completely speechless as to how to assess this shitshow.

And yet week after week this program is allowed to continue on the same course. And these MFers are constantly calling and sending me mail for donations. LOL.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:59 pm

So I caught the last few minutes of the NESN replay. That Grosel kid might be worse than Fadule. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such horrible QB mechanics.

This team is going 3-9 similar to the Fadule year.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:So I caught the last few minutes of the NESN replay. That Grosel kid might be worse than Fadule. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such horrible QB mechanics.

There is no good explanation for how Valecce is not the backup. And no militant eagle, I don't give a fuck if I spelled it wrong. I'll care when they do.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:59 pm

Daz is going to give us a sound bite of how 5 points is the margin between 3-3 and 5-1 and how that should somehow excuse this bulls hit in year 7. Thank God we got rocket shipped by Kansas so that he really doesn’t have much wiggle room.

I realized today I’ve been a BC fan for 15 years and seven of those have been wasted by Daz.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:So I caught the last few minutes of the NESN replay. That Grosel kid might be worse than Fadule. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such horrible QB mechanics.

There is no good explanation for how Valecce is not the backup. And no militant eagle, I don't give a fuck if I spelled it wrong. I'll care when they do.

You spelled it right
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:14 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Talked to someone last night relatively well plugged in. According to them the event in Jersey City before the Rutgers game was very tense. It was clear Martin knows he is in a tight spot with Dazzler. Interestingly they also said that BC is starting to feel the burn from a fundraising side and that development is saying they can no longer sustain what they’re doing. They’re making the rumblings internally that failures on the field are resulting in empty coffers. They also said that most people recognize that Leahy is the true problem and nothing will change until hes gone.

I wonder if Leahy apathy comes from feeling that he got burned by the move to the ACC. That seemed to be a savvy move on his part at the time but I wonder if the decisions since then are making him regret and thus take no interest in athletics.

Leahy okayed a $50 million (or whatever) football facility in a prime spot on campus and pays the head coach north of $3 mil. He’s not playing Palmer/Muse or calling running plays on 3rd and 1 with no TOs left.

The above is super lame. If you want to argue he should’ve been fired after the meltdown to end last season then fine, but I can see the argument that Daz with AB and Dillon thought he could win 10 this year.

You’ll never explain to me how JC was retained after losing to Pitt by 40 in the ACCT with a sub 25% winning percentage but that’s a different debate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:43 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:Talked to someone last night relatively well plugged in. According to them the event in Jersey City before the Rutgers game was very tense. It was clear Martin knows he is in a tight spot with Dazzler. Interestingly they also said that BC is starting to feel the burn from a fundraising side and that development is saying they can no longer sustain what they’re doing. They’re making the rumblings internally that failures on the field are resulting in empty coffers. They also said that most people recognize that Leahy is the true problem and nothing will change until hes gone.

Leahy okayed a $50 million (or whatever) football facility in a prime spot on campus and pays the head coach north of $3 mil. He’s not playing Palmer/Muse or calling running plays on 3rd and 1 with no TOs left.

Leahy approved a ten year strategic plan, of which the Fish Field House was a part. Let’s not pretend he all of a sudden became invested in the college football arms race. And while I admire the effort to get the program up to speed with most programs circa 2008, the indoor practice facility is a glorified Quonset hut plopped down over some Astro turf.

BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Grosel > Fadule and it’s not even close

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:59 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:31 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There is no good explanation for how Valecce is not the backup.

Would Valecce sucking be a good enough explanation?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:01 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There is no good explanation for how Valecce is not the backup.

And of course TW would think that the O is the problem.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:52 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

"It came down to who had the ball last." Hey ketchup king didn't we have the fucking ball last?

By the way Louisville's defense is remarkably bad. Not as bad as the top defense we will face according to deadman walking which was Rutgers. The Rutgers program that has lost what 97-7 since we played them almost even steven. Almost as bad as our defense. Hard to read much into the yards we rolled up.

Also, to homojs's stupid point about Valecce sucking and I don't say this because I went to Fordham Prep and I am Italian, we have no fucking clue if Valecce is any good and if you are basing his possibly sucking on :spaz2 not playing him you are more retarded than IB. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:34 am

Critical discussions about QB play in that game is tantamount to the discussing the poor complexion on someone with metastisized cancer.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:15 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Frankly, no on this team. Sucking would be a moderate improvement.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

No, no, the defense is terrible, and far worse than the offense. I guess that automatically means the QB play is stellar. Carry on.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:21 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Leahy approved a ten year strategic plan, of which the Fish Field House was a part. Let’s not pretend he all of a sudden became invested in the college football arms race. And while I admire the effort to get the program up to speed with most programs circa 2008, the indoor practice facility is a glorified Quonset hut plopped down over some Astro turf.

I’ll stack that indoor facility up against anyone else’s in the non-Clemson/Oregon division (including almost all NFL teams). That’s a super nice facility and they pumped a lot of money into it. The Bucs just built a new one and BCs is nicer. The weight room is also awesome.

The football facilities or admin support is not the problem with football. It’s the coaching.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:21 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

No, no, the defense is terrible, and far worse than the offense. I guess that automatically means the QB play is stellar. Carry on.

Grosel was fine given the situation. He looked better than EJ Perry, Flutie, Fadule, Wade, Jeff Smith, etc. Not a high standard, I know, but he played better than I was expecting. The offense still put up 563 yards.

The defense however, is a complete disaster. No resistance whatsoever.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Frankly, no on this team. Sucking would be a moderate improvement.

I saw all these QBs in the spring game. They all looked terrible. The kid with all the Big10 offers was by far the worst in spite of his recruiting rankings before someone suggests him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium