Wake Forest weak

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Wake Forest weak

Postby Eagle1999 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:16 pm

Wake’s starting receivers are 6’3 and 6’5. That’s not even close to small. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. We’re getting wrecked.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:24 pm

No one is getting wrecked. They will lose but they will score. Wake 42, BC 33, missed tackles on Dillon and Bailey in the 30s.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:28 pm

Wake 41 BC 24
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:22 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:Wake 41 BC 24

This is about right.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:21 pm

We are bend, bending and broke defensive scheme team.

Epstein is correct, we need the Don Brown defense to disrupt the timing of the QB and WR’s and we need to put heavy pressure on their QB. You can’t give the QB time to pick apart this defense.

And please, no fucking hurry up to run up the middle offense!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:48 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:We are bend, bending and broke defensive scheme team.

Epstein is correct, we need the Don Brown defense to disrupt the timing of the QB and WR’s and we need to put heavy pressure on their QB. You can’t give the QB time to pick apart this defense.

Go Eagles!

The hurry-up run offense is really dumb. If you're going to run our style of offense, you should be bleeding the play-clock similar to a Georgia Tech under Paul Johnson.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flakes on Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:21 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

The hurry-up run offense is really dumb. If you're going to run our style of offense, you should be bleeding the play-clock similar to a Georgia Tech under Paul Johnson.

If Dillon is truly dynamic, the last thing we should be doing is crowding the box with 3 TEs. We should be spreading formations so that (at worst) we're forcing only one v. one tackling. It's not surprising that we're the only idiots in the nation to be running an up-tempo power run game.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:09 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Go Eagles!

If Dillon is truly dynamic, the last thing we should be doing is crowding the box with 3 TEs. We should be spreading formations so that (at worst) we're forcing only one v. one tackling. It's not surprising that we're the only idiots in the nation to be running an up-tempo power run game.

Spreading the formation only works if you have a legit passing threat. We don’t.

The hurry-up power game is unique and can work. But, I agree with eppy, there isn’t any reason to be snapping the ball with 30 seconds left on the play clock. Line up to prevent subs... but, then mix it up as to your actually snap. This is especially the case when the D has let up one of their typical soul-crushing 15 play drives.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:54 pm

I ordinarily would be annoyed I have a wedding to attend and will miss this game.

After that Kansas game I couldn’t care less.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:44 am

So, I get the impression that unlike preseason predictions, a throttling at the hands of Wake should it happen won 't come as a big surprise, and won't appreciably affect Addazio's job security??
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:21 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:So, I get the impression that unlike preseason predictions, a throttling at the hands of Wake should it happen won 't come as a big surprise, and won't appreciably affect Addazio's job security??

Daz is in must-win territory from here on out. With zero-chance games against Clemson and ND and games against teams who will be heavy favorites in NCS and Pitt... his path to 8 wins all but disappears with any other loss. So, a close loss or a throttling won't make much of a difference. All that a throttling would show is that Daz has lost the team.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:43 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:So, I get the impression that unlike preseason predictions, a throttling at the hands of Wake should it happen won 't come as a big surprise, and won't appreciably affect Addazio's job security??

Daz is in must-win territory from here on out. With zero-chance games against Clemson and ND and games against teams who will be heavy favorites in NCS and Pitt... his path to 8 wins all but disappears with any other loss. So, a close loss or a throttling won't make much of a difference. All that a throttling would show is that Daz has lost the team.

My predictions for Saturday:

1 BC will win this game but it will be close and frustrating at times. Fully expect that there will be a epic meltdown in the gameday thread after a hurry-up 3 and out or bad defensive stand.
2 Daz is safe regardless of whether or not he gets 8 wins. To think otherwise is to be naive.
3 AB will have 60% passing day with multiple TDs. Will also gain a ton of yards on the ground.

BC 38-34
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:10 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

do we have any assurance marty j won't be satisfied with another 7-5 season?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:11 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

1 BC will win this game but it will be close and frustrating at times. Fully expect that there will be a epic meltdown in the gameday thread after a hurry-up 3 and out or bad defensive stand.
2 Daz is safe regardless of whether or not he gets 8 wins. To think otherwise is to be naive.
3 AB will have 60% passing day with multiple TDs. Will also gain a ton of yards on the ground.

BC 38-34

I'm giving you 5 Karma Hansen. Since there is not much to be happy about, we need positive thinking here. You are keeping up the good fight.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:13 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

BC 38-34

Yes to game thread meltdown, no to everything else.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I think he understands that he’ll have to improve the football program to get a real big job. I imagine the challenge for him is getting Leahy on board.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:33 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I think he understands that he’ll have to improve the football program to get a real big job. I imagine the challenge for him is getting Leahy on board.

At Rutgers he said to the crowd at the BC tailgate that he wants the team to be consistent Top 25 with a special year every so often. With any other coach, that would be this year with the ACC in a downturn. I think he knows that but it will come down to can he convince Leahy. That said, I had a conversation with someone from the University who claimed Marty and Leahy get along famously so who knows.

EDIT: I actually appreciated his honesty in that. No rah rah "competing every year for ACC Championships and the Final Four," but realistic goals that he knows are achievable and would make the fan base happy.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:45 am

I think the consistent Top 25 team with the special team (10-2) when the stars align is fair for BC. It was essentially how things worked from TOB to Jags to Spaz's early years. Addazio will never put together those special years. He doesn't coach that way.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:52 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Marty has been talking about 7-5 being fine most years, but that we have to "pop" for 9/10/11 every so often, and that he has been led to believe that this is the "pop" year. I believe that everyone (including Daz) fully expects a firing with a 6-6 record or worse.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:05 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Marty has been talking about 7-5 being fine most years, but that we have to "pop" for 9/10/11 every so often, and that he has been led to believe that this is the "pop" year. I believe that everyone (including Daz) fully expects a firing with a 6-6 record or worse.

"Pop" year would be next year when AJ Dillon, AB, and most of the offensive and defensive lines, would be Seniors. This team is the 2006 team (in age) with far LESS talent.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:30 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

"Pop" year would be next year when AJ Dillon, AB, and most of the offensive and defensive lines, would be Seniors. This team is the 2006 team (in age) with far LESS talent.

Based solely on talent, last year should have been the year. That said, the ACC this year is clearly Clemson and everyone else. VA and Syracuse were the pre-season darlings, but both look very average thus far. I don’t see us as heavy underdogs against anyone else: every game is legit winnable. So hopefully we win...half of them?

Wasted opportunity this year for certain. Next year could be exciting, though I doubt Dillon sticks around. With his perceived limitations at the next level the last thing he needs is more wear & tear.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:52 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

aj dillon is not sticking around, nor should he

edit: sorry tonto for quoting him
Last edited by claver2010 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Bailey will be more than fine as a replacement. Right now, I see the two as more or less interchangeable. Dillon doesn't seem to be the game changer he was in 2017.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:33 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

At Rutgers he said to the crowd at the BC tailgate that he wants the team to be consistent Top 25 with a special year every so often. With any other coach, that would be this year with the ACC in a downturn. I think he knows that but it will come down to can he convince Leahy. That said, I had a conversation with someone from the University who claimed Marty and Leahy get along famously so who knows.

EDIT: I actually appreciated his honesty in that. No rah rah "competing every year for ACC Championships and the Final Four," but realistic goals that he knows are achievable and would make the fan base happy.

I was there and heard the same thing. The wishful thinking in me heard 7 wins don't cut it (how can you be in top 25 with 7 wins?). That being said, I am more of a realist and 7 wins this year will keep the Heinz Hammer around for next year.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:38 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I was there and heard the same thing. The wishful thinking in me heard 7 wins don't cut it (how can you be in top 25 with 7 wins?). That being said, I am more of a realist and 7 wins this year will keep the Heinz Hammer around for next year.

Was this at the Alumni Association tailgate or the Gridiron Club tailgate?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:44 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Only a matter of time until stupid repeats itself. Stars are coming soon.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:43 pm

i think we win,

BC24, wake 17

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:00 pm

I’m of the belief the best team Wake has played is Utah State. I’m not completely sold on Wake until they play an ACC team on the road - we’re the guinea pig, so let’s see. Our secondary is bad and their passing offense is good so I’ll say:

Wake 34, BC 24
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby eagletx on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:18 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Funny how the " pop" year ( I guess since a one and done is now the acceptable standard???) keeps sliding to the right on the time line....Dazzler used to talk year 5 when BC would compete for ACC eminence; then it was gonna be last year (year 6) with the talent and experience; apparently, year 7 is slipping away, so now lets all look forward to year 8 as the "pop" year...comical! I guess baseless hope springs eternal.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby tallsy on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Daz is safe regardless of whether or not he gets 8 wins. To think otherwise is to be naive.

I'm normally a pessimist but no way Daz survives 3-9 or 4-8. 5-7 is the big question mark, and of course, that's what we'll wind up.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium