Wake Forest weak

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Wake Forest weak

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:05 pm

ranked #24.
Great kickoff time anyway! :angrychicken
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: Wake Forest weak

Postby BC923 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Their (worse) offense gave our (better) defense a lot of trouble last year. Our offense better be ready for a shootout
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:10 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Their (worse) offense gave our (better) defense a lot of trouble last year. Our offense better be ready for a shootout

I think BC needs 35+ points to win vs Wake Forest. I dont know if this team has enough gas in the tank for that kind of performance, not unless AJ Dillon gets 3 touchdowns all by himself. If the offense can't produce that much then the defense needs to recover at least 3 turnovers or BC will lose this game. And they might get punked the way they were by Kansas.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Their (worse) offense gave our (better) defense a lot of trouble last year. Our offense better be ready for a shootout

I think BC needs 35+ points to win vs Wake Forest. I dont know if this team has enough gas in the tank for that kind of performance, not unless AJ Dillon gets 3 touchdowns all by himself. If the offense can't produce that much then the defense needs to recover at least 3 turnovers or BC will lose this game. And they might get punked the way they were by Kansas.

Don't think.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:16 pm

I expect the defense to improve.
Daz might be a shitty game day coach who can’t make adjustments but him and his staff have shown an ability to
Develop players at all positions not named QB.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:23 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I expect the defense to improve.
Daz might be a shitty game day coach who can’t make adjustments but him and his staff have shown an ability to

Not sure any of the defensive staff members that developed players are still here. Allen always credited Pasqualoni, and now Campanile is gone. Sheridan is not all that impressive. Credit to Daz for making some good hires in the first place, but I don’t think he’s been as successful backfilling
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:17 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

Not sure any of the defensive staff members that developed players are still here. Allen always credited Pasqualoni, and now Campanile is gone. Sheridan is not all that impressive. Credit to Daz for making some good hires in the first place, but I don’t think he’s been as successful backfilling

It's not going to make any difference. You can't "develop" speed. I don't see these players (on defense) getting Wake Forest off the field. I would put the over/under at Wake Forest punts (for the game) at about, 2 and a half.

BC needs to get the ball, and keep the ball. They just need to squander every second of that game clock, spend a full 30 seconds on every play, and run the damn the ball. If you want to mix in some tight end dumps (passes that even AB can't miss) that's fine so long as they stay on the field and keep the game clock moving. That is asking a lot (particularly of this offensive line who seems to only be good at getting false start penalties) but I can't see any other way they win this game.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:13 am

Wake has a really good pass offense, this is going to be bad on Saturday
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:23 am

yeah not a great match up for our d, going to have to hope for some turnovers.

meter mentioned on saturday that it's close to a sell out
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:40 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
meter mentioned on saturday that it's close to a sell out

Parents' weekend and 3:30 kickoff.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:31 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

They lost 4 starting DBs and 3 starting DLs to graduation/NFL. This talent “reset” was bound to happen at some point. I really hope at some point the abandon the Mike Palmer experiment, he’s been atrocious. I’d much rather take my chances with Muse going forward.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:04 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

They lost 4 starting DBs and 3 starting DLs to graduation/NFL. This talent “reset” was bound to happen at some point. I really hope at some point the abandon the Mike Palmer experiment, he’s been atrocious. I’d much rather take my chances with Muse going forward.

Speaking of starting DBs in the NFL, last night John Johnson had the INT that sealed the win for LA.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:08 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Muse is playing OLB. We have a serious talent (lack thereof) issue on D.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:23 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:50 pm

just finished listening to the Daz presser.

Daz interestingly put zero blame on AB and instead hinted that the WR routes hadn't been run tight enough and the play calls haven't been conducive to AB completing passes on 1st and 2nd down.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:19 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:just finished listening to the Daz presser.

Daz interestingly put zero blame on AB and instead hinted that the WR routes hadn't been run tight enough and the play calls haven't been conducive to AB completing passes on 1st and 2nd down.

He is right and wrong. He is right that the WR routes were not run tight enough and the play calls weren't conducive, but AB should still receive some blame. He missed wide open receivers. Unacceptable. Not running their routes tight doesn't excuse poor throws on AB's part.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:23 pm

as stated in the game thread, i think there's a lot that goes into our throw game woes

playcalling certainly a part of it
leading p5 in drop %
i bet our average depth of target is probably top 10% of p5 (both cause we don't throw as much and others use their screen game a lot more)
as is brown's inaccuracy

so far he's been up and down (like last year)
vt was excellent
richmond who gives a shit
ku bad
rutgers ok
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:as stated in the game thread, i think there's a lot that goes into our throw game woes

playcalling certainly a part of it
leading p5 in drop %
i bet our average depth of target is probably top 10% of p5 (both cause we don't throw as much and others use their screen game a lot more)
as is brown's inaccuracy

so far he's been up and down (like last year)
vt was excellent
richmond who gives a shit
ku bad
rutgers ok

Saying Rutgers was "ok" is being generous
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:54 pm

The absolute floor for completion percentage these days is 60%. Brown is, what, 54% career? Sure there’s drops but he’s not all that close to being good enough to lead us anywhere or even be the sort of guy who can manage a game for us. Some of that is on him, but like Claver said lots of other factors too
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:02 pm

His inaccuracy affects the playcalling. The playcalling doesn't affect his inaccuracy.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:43 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:His inaccuracy affects the playcalling. The playcalling doesn't affect his inaccuracy.

This statement is equally true of BC's passing game AND BC's field goal kicking game.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:48 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:The absolute floor for completion percentage these days is 60%. Brown is, what, 54% career? Sure there’s drops but he’s not all that close to being good enough to lead us anywhere or even be the sort of guy who can manage a game for us. Some of that is on him, but like Claver said lots of other factors too

BC doesnt run the offense that created the 60% floor. That's not to excuse Brown or suggest the offense is good, just to say you aren't running this offense and expecting the dink and dunk completion percentages in the high 60s.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:52 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Saying Rutgers was "ok" is being generous

eh maybe

6.4 yards per attempt + 5 rushes for 1d / TD, no picks, no sacks

not great not terrible
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:29 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:meter mentioned on saturday that it's close to a sell out

Color me skeptical.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:43 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Color me skeptical.

Parents Weekend, 3:00 start, nice weather, decent beatable opponent. Perfect storm.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:49 am

Thamel tweeted out that Wake is averaging 8.65 yards per drop back. I’m sure Sheridan has a plan for that
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:45 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Thamel tweeted out that Wake is averaging 8.65 yards per drop back. I’m sure Sheridan has a plan for that

I'm expecting a lot of cover 2, cushion defense. Probably will need to bring a lot of blitzes in order to compensate for the lack of pressure from the DL.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby blueline on Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:22 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Color me skeptical.

Parents Weekend, 3:00 start, nice weather, decent beatable opponent. Perfect storm.

Beatable but Daz always finds to blow a winnable game
blueline
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:58 pm

It will be shocking if wake scores less than 30
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:54 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:Thamel tweeted out that Wake is averaging 8.65 yards per drop back. I’m sure Sheridan has a plan for that

I'm expecting a lot of cover 2, cushion defense. Probably will need to bring a lot of blitzes in order to compensate for the lack of pressure from the DL.

Blitzing like crazy leaves guys like Palmer and Haynes on an island. Not a good idea.

The correct strategy is to jam and beat their receivers and RBs up similar to what the Pats have done in the past. Wake has small skill position players.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium