RutgersAl Here

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

RutgersAl Here

Postby RutgersAl on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:06 pm

Well Hello BC fans! It’s been a while, to say the least. Both fan bases are beaten down, literally and figuratively, so there’s a lot less enthusiasm for this weeks matchup, then expected. Loooking forward to a good game. Let me know if you have any questions about Rutgers.
RutgersAl
n00b

Re: RutgersAl Here

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:11 pm

Is there a chance Rutgers is better than Kansas?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RutgersAl on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Is there a chance Rutgers is better than Kansas?

No, I wouldn’t say we are. Unlike Kansas, we struggle on offense. Passing game not impressive vs Iowa. Running game has talent to be decent, but most opponents will load the box, showing zero respect for the passing game.

Defense has the potential to be Decent, but the offense keeps going 3 and out. Ultimately, defense will tire out if offense is ineffective. We are small, undersized, but fast on defense.
RutgersAl
n00b

Postby mod6A on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:25 pm

i want to believe that this is the real rutgersAl.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:28 pm

Why did historylesson quit posting?
How many kids does that niece have who was handed around to land Toal?
Who do Rutgers fans want for their next head coach (asking for another thread)?
Does JuCo All American Big Ron Green have eligibility left?
What message board do Rutgers fan congregate (like BC, they thinned their population through board proliferation)?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Welcome back, RutgresAl!

This won't be the greatest match up of all time. Whatever coach wins will certainly be treating it like it is in the post game, since he won't have many other chances this year to trumpet anything.

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Its legit, this board was posted on RU's today by a BC fan.

Brings back memories. I miss Board Wars.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby RutgersAl on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:02 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:i want to believe that this is the real rutgersAl.

:whalepants

It’s me
RutgersAl
n00b

Postby RutgersAl on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Why did historylesson quit posting?
What message board do Rutgers fan congregate (like BC, they thinned their population through board proliferation)?

Most people are on the rivals site. Wish JUco
AA BRG has eligibility. We could sure use him.
Most fans are at Rutgers.rivals.com

Most fans want Greg Schiano back.
RutgersAl
n00b

Postby RutgersAl on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:07 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Welcome back, RutgresAl!

This won't be the greatest match up of all time. Whatever coach wins will certainly be treating it like it is in the post game, since he won't have many other chances this year to trumpet anything.

Pretty much. We’ll be thankful for any wins, since they’re a rarity for us.
RutgersAl
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 pm

RutgersAl {l Wrote}:

In your opinion, what has been the biggest win Rutgers has had in (say) the last 15-20 years? I have never followed Rutgers football but catching them on ESPN one night, I would say South Florida, 2007. We could debate as to whether or not the victory over Michigan State OR the victory over a very highly ranked South Florida team that beat Auburn in 2007 was the biggest win for Rutgers in the recent past.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Do you think Schiano would be better than Addazio if he came to BC?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:20 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
RutgersAl {l Wrote}:

In your opinion, what has been the biggest win Rutgers has had in (say) the last 15-20 years? I have never followed Rutgers football but catching them on ESPN one night, I would say South Florida, 2007. We could debate as to whether or not the victory over Michigan State OR the victory over a very highly ranked South Florida team that beat Auburn in 2007 was the biggest win for Rutgers in the recent past.

Duh. It’s the Pandemonium in Piscataway Louisville game. Any Rutgers fan still gets a hard on when it’s mentioned
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Whatever happened to RutgersSal?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:40 pm

RutgersAl {l Wrote}:

I will say I always remember the MSU game when some moron in the crowd in Piscataway had a sign that says "Rutgers has arrived". Still fucking gets me laughing every time.

I'd rather this game was in Chestnut Hill just to avoid hearing goddamn Metallica every 3rd down. Do the folks at Rutgers realize how godawful that shit is?
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:23 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
I'd rather this game was in Chestnut Hill just to avoid hearing goddamn Metallica every 3rd down. Do the folks at Rutgers realize how godawful that shit is?

Still better than Sweet Caroline!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:14 am

I wonder if Rutgers regrets being traders and leaving the Big East by backstabbing stablemates like UConn and USF? I wonder if all these 0-fer-Big10 seasons are worth the millions they grabbed?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:09 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I wonder if Rutgers regrets being traders and leaving the Big East by backstabbing stablemates like UConn and USF? I wonder if all these 0-fer-Big10 seasons are worth the millions they grabbed?

But what about the travel costs? You, as a New Jersey taxpayer, are subsidizing catered charters to Lansing and Iowa City and shit.

Granted, I am too, but for a different terrible university ...
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:10 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Do you think Schiano would be better than Addazio if he came to BC?

I don't know.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:20 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Do you think Schiano would be better than Addazio if he came to BC?

I don't know.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:47 pm

I don't know.

BLOGGO:

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:05 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:

I don't know.

BLOGGO:

Chickendance, it is sometimes complicated to figure out exactly WHO is asking a question of WHOM on a public forum, when the person asking the question does not address that person with their name. Such is the case when Atlanta just asked that random question. I am still not sure who he asked. Atlanta didn't even quote anyone. So....

innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Hey Al. Good luck tomorrow and the rest of the season. I’m sorry this game is being coached by two men with closing career windows. It would’ve been fun to have some Big East banter back on these boards, if the fan bases were so down-trodden. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rivalry kicks up a notch in December as we both fish in the same pond for a new coach. Peace.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RutgersAl on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Hey Al. Good luck tomorrow and the rest of the season. I’m sorry this game is being coached by two men with closing career windows. It would’ve been fun to have some Big East banter back on these boards, if the fan bases were so down-trodden. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if the rivalry kicks up a notch in December as we both fish in the same pond for a new coach. Peace.

Thx for the sentiment, HJS. Always enjoy interacting with posters like you, and wish it could be under better circumstances. Good Luck to y’all as well, and may the best team win.
RutgersAl
n00b

Postby RutgersAl on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:53 am

RutgersAl {l Wrote}:

Without a doubt, it’s The Louisville game.
RutgersAl
n00b

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:56 am

What’s family acronym stand for? And what’s the deal behind the hashtag #CHOP?

I keep seeing both in my twitter feed and I was wondering what they both stand for.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:02 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:What’s family acronym stand for? And what’s the deal behind the hashtag #CHOP?

I keep seeing both in my twitter feed and I was wondering what they both stand for.

Answer to your #CHOP question https://247sports.com/college/rutgers/A ... 139814128/
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:44 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:What’s family acronym stand for? And what’s the deal behind the hashtag #CHOP?

Answer to your #CHOP question https://247sports.com/college/rutgers/A ... 139814128/

That is uber stupid.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:31 pm

It's not as stupid as other motivational things (Be a dude, the Civil ConFLiCT). But what's amusing about the story is he told it before they went to play BC. Unsaid is it didn't work that week (we haven't lost to Rutgers this century)
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:27 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:It's not as stupid as other motivational things (Be a dude, the Civil ConFLiCT). But what's amusing about the story is he told it before they went to play BC. Unsaid is it didn't work that week (we haven't lost to Rutgers this century)

Be a dude is FAR better than the stupid CHOP thing. It was just sold by a clown.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium