2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:30 pm

Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:02 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:interesting that a flight from Little Rock just landed in Bedford. Can’t imagine there are many of those most days

Hafley’s in California.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:14 am

It’s 4am. I think Hafley is in my kitchen.
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:21 am

gumshoe maven has a hilarious article he posted yesterday. the tweets he's spewing out this morning are highly recommended for a good laugh as well.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:27 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:gumshoe maven has a hilarious article he posted yesterday. the tweets he's spewing out this morning are highly recommended for a good laugh as well.

He seems worried that our staff is going to follow Daz. There's guys I like sure, but I never understood the fixation on keeping the staff if you wanted an HC gone.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:36 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:gumshoe maven has a hilarious article he posted yesterday. the tweets he's spewing out this morning are highly recommended for a good laugh as well.

He seems worried that our staff is going to follow Daz. There's guys I like sure, but I never understood the fixation on keeping the staff if you wanted an HC gone.

Bill Sheridan can kindly leave
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles06 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 am

Jesus, Gumshoe tweets like he had a stroke.

Does anyone still have a copy of that awesome shirt he was trying to sell?
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:51 am

Last night, my dog had a dream. She was dreaming that she was running from wet leaf pile to wet leaf pile, rooting around for cat shit in each one. Where she would normally find a stinking turd bonanza, she found nothing but traces, suggesting someone had gotten there first. She continued to search and root and after a time, found she didn't recognize her surroundings, and had unwittingly entered a dark wood, thick with tangled, ancient trees. In a clearing surrounded by an ominous circle of lightning-blasted stumps and crumbling rock walls, she saw a great house with a loud and marvelous party going on.

The party was full of humongous cats, all walking on their back legs, many wearing monocles, expensive timepieces on thin golden chains, top hats, elegant gloves. But absolutely none of the cats were wearing any pants, and in many cases, their fur below the waist was unkempt and stank of moist dirt. There were trays of bubbly drinks, but no food; the cats were exceedingly rude, and when they noticed her, it was to look down their noses.

After a time at this party, ignored by all the guests, and sitting alone on a couch in the corner that was horribly soiled even by her own filthy dog standards, a primal urge began to seize her, and cloud her mind while honing her senses. Then she woke up with a start and looked around.

I think her dream means that BC is going to ask us all for money.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:55 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Bill Sheridan can kindly leave

Gunnel & Trautwein can stay. I could be convinced on Brian White with his FL recruiting.

Otherwise, the rest need to be launched out of a cannon as far from Boston as possible.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am

I wonder what Frank the Tank has heard about our coaching search.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:38 am

A brief scan of his tweets shows nothing directly relating to us, but this gif has a lot of merit and should be kept handy:

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Last night, my dog had a dream. She was dreaming that she was running from wet leaf pile to wet leaf pile, rooting around for cat shit in each one. Where she would normally find a stinking turd bonanza, she found nothing but traces, suggesting someone had gotten there first. She continued to search and root and after a time, found she didn't recognize her surroundings, and had unwittingly entered a dark wood, thick with tangled, ancient trees. In a clearing surrounded by an ominous circle of lightning-blasted stumps and crumbling rock walls, she saw a great house with a loud and marvelous party going on.

The party was full of humongous cats, all walking on their back legs, many wearing monocles, expensive timepieces on thin golden chains, top hats, elegant gloves. But absolutely none of the cats were wearing any pants, and in many cases, their fur below the waist was unkempt and stank of moist dirt. There were trays of bubbly drinks, but no food; the cats were exceedingly rude, and when they noticed her, it was to look down their noses.

After a time at this party, ignored by all the guests, and sitting alone on a couch in the corner that was horribly soiled even by her own filthy dog standards, a primal urge began to seize her, and cloud her mind while honing her senses. Then she woke up with a start and looked around.

I think her dream means that BC is going to ask us all for money.

Email came at 10:31 AM.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:55 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
Email came at 10:31 AM.

Bummer, you help eagles change the world!

The amazing precognitive abilities of my hounds cannot be denied at this point. The younger one has proven so diabolically effective at capturing and killing squirrels, chipmunks, and other rodentia that I think she may have the ability to perceive and act upon The Copenhagen Interpretation within some small forward window.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 am

Apparently, BC finally has a list of finalists according to blogboy. He did not announce who they are however.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:25 am

Did anyone else notice how this coaching search is turning out exactly like all the past coaching searches? Makes you think!
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 am

BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:Jesus, Gumshoe tweets like he had a stroke.

I doubt anyone here reads his stuff until there is some change afoot in the BC athletic department. What this allows is for us to get snapshots of his writings in between long breaks that would otherwise hide the subtleties of steady deterioration. His Cincy Bowl thing and his wildly inaccurate statements about the careers of HCRD and Jarmond make me believe that his latest tweets are all part of a mind made into swiss cheese through decades of Cutty Shark.

If it weren't for his other missives, I would have chalked the McGovern tweet as the greatest moment of the internet. It would have been a brilliant act of self-awareness to troll the 7 of us in this thread while professing his love of EO. But, alas... he's just crazy.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17564&start=990#p519548
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:42 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:Jesus, Gumshoe tweets like he had a stroke.

I doubt anyone here reads his stuff until there is some change afoot in the BC athletic department. What this allows is for us to get snapshots of his writings in between long breaks that would otherwise hide the subtleties of steady deterioration. His Cincy Bowl thing and his wildly inaccurate statements about the careers of HCRD and Jarmond make me believe that his latest tweets are all part of a mind made into swiss cheese through decades of Cutty Shark.

If it weren't for his other missives, I would have chalked the McGovern tweet as the greatest moment of the internet. It would have been a brilliant act of self-awareness to troll the 7 of us in this thread while professing his love of EO. But, alas... he's just crazy.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17564&start=990#p519548

I’d argue senile not crazy.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am

In one of his tweets he's actually trying to equate BC's open head coaching position with the SMU death penalty in 1987. You could not make this up if you tried.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:15 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Apparently, BC finally has a list of finalists according to blogboy. He did not announce who they are however.

Compiling the list of finalists is a step which should have been taken about 3 steps before firing Addazio. :banghead

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:21 pm

i read somewhere and can't remember where that final interviews are today and announcement will be early next week in deference to pete frates passing.

but after reading those gumshoe tweets i could be imagining this.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Apparently, BC finally has a list of finalists according to blogboy. He did not announce who they are however.

Compiling the list of finalists is a step which should have been taken about 3 steps before firing Addazio. :banghead

Candidates yes, finalists no - the latter is a subset of the former, how are you going to know your finalists if you haven't interviewed them yet? I do think MJ had a pool of candidates, and I think in addition to whatever BC is doing for their process, he has his own that lives on top of it.

I'm fine with this so far because it does not yet seem to have pegged itself to a Fundamental Stupidity, as past processes have (eg, Appease Spaz or Hire Eddie Fogler). At this point, it's all about the outcome.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17564&p=519284#p519284
Nothing that has happened thus far in the search has changed my view since I posted this. Finalists started leaking yesterday along with a favorite... I think an announcement could come as soon as tonight. BC's athletic department will be shutdown tomorrow with the funeral. So, it is either tonight or we wait. BC could potentially come to agreement with the new coach. Let word filter out. Release a statement over the weekend and set up a press conference for Monday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2013CommAve on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:55 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17564&p=519284#p519284
Nothing that has happened thus far in the search has changed my view since I posted this. Finalists started leaking yesterday along with a favorite... I think an announcement could come as soon as tonight. BC's athletic department will be shutdown tomorrow with the funeral. So, it is either tonight or we wait. BC could potentially come to agreement with the new coach. Let word filter out. Release a statement over the weekend and set up a press conference for Monday.

Who were the leaked finalists?
2013CommAve
n00b

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:58 pm

2013CommAve {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:http://eagleoutsider.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17564&p=519284#p519284

Who were the leaked finalists?

SHOW ME THE FINALIST LIST, COWARDS!!!!!!

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:00 pm

So there's ONE candidate standing above the others?

TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:02 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

Idk about you guys but I’m just trying to get the inside tip on the finalists for the BC gig. Does anyone know?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:07 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Idk about you guys but I’m just trying to get the inside tip on the finalists for the BC gig. Does anyone know?

MoJ says the list is out there but it sounds like someone stuck a finger in that hole and plugged the leak.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:09 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

getting the tip will be inadequate preparation for what BC delivers next, Hansen

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:21 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

I heard there were three.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Still three candidates after two weeks? That's shocking.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium