2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:00 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:I think you are contradicting yourself. Assuming the immovable issue of finances/ buyouts etc...either Jarmond has a plan/baseline (maybe not a candidate yet) that has been sufficiently internally vetted, or it is no plan at all, because its groundless without knowing what parameters he has to play within.

Either way, it does speak to the ridiculous mess that (continues) to be BC Athletics. What a way to run a $25 or $30+M annual enterprise.

I do not think there is any chance that Marty has been running names passed the admins to see what people think.

I think Marty has a strong preference regarding Daz's future. I think Marty has a list of names at the ready with whom he'd like to talk. I do not think that either the preference or his list has been publicized to Fr. Bill or any other higher-up in the administration. There is always a possibility that Bill shoots down whatever best laid plans Marty wants to pursue. I think folks have to take that into account when chirping about "done deals".
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:10 pm

My read of the situation is that Marty has been ready to move on from Daz for some time. I think he has been reading the room and feels now is the time most acceptable to those ever reluctant to change. I happen to also believe that Dazoo having his camp publicly saying that he prefers RU to BC probably burned whatever bridges left supporting his return. All that said, the Church is big on failed marriages never ending. So, I'm sure that colors Bill's decision-making,
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:01 pm

HJS is throwing up shit per usual.

The fist fight only happens because people know a change is coming.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:06 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:HJS is throwing up shit per usual.

It happened 2 days before the ND game
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:28 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Further, one half of the fight was a newcomer to the program. Also, there wasn’t a head coaching change after Kevin Rogers’ “health” issue. Respect his privacy.

So, let me get this straight... are you saying that (a) Marty has carte blanche power to hire and fire whom he chooses or (2) you think Bill is chirping to folks about what is going to happen after tomorrow?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

source?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

source?

Believe it happened in South Bend. Don’t really matter. Whether or not the coaches feel pressure doesn’t mean that a head coaching change is happening. Hell... I’d say that the newcomer would most certainly not make it to next year’s staff irregardless as to the head coach.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

source?

Believe it happened in South Bend. Don’t really matter. Whether or not the coaches feel pressure doesn’t mean that a head coaching change is happening. Hell... I’d say that the newcomer would most certainly not make it to next year’s staff irregardless as to the head coach.

So...the DB coach or the OC?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:02 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

source?

One person told me Thursday, another said last practice which presumably would be Friday.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 pm

The last two coaching changes were made without consulting the athletic director. Bates was told to fire Spaziani. In the case of Donahue, Bates wanted to keep him, but he was told to make the change. Bates was an odd person, so maybe that's why he was left out of the process. He never seemed to grasp what he was supposed to be doing at BC. I never understood how or why they hired him.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:32 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:The last two coaching changes were made without consulting the athletic director. Bates was told to fire Spaziani. In the case of Donahue, Bates wanted to keep him, but he was told to make the change. Bates was an odd person, so maybe that's why he was left out of the process. He never seemed to grasp what he was supposed to be doing at BC. I never understood how or why they hired him.

This is so fucked up BC deserves what it gets.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:50 pm

CowboyEagle22 {l Wrote}:The last two coaching changes were made without consulting the athletic director. Bates was told to fire Spaziani. In the case of Donahue, Bates wanted to keep him, but he was told to make the change. Bates was an odd person, so maybe that's why he was left out of the process. He never seemed to grasp what he was supposed to be doing at BC. I never understood how or why they hired him.

who pulled the trigger then?

also, it's for the above reason that I wont believe Daz is gone until he is actually gone no matter how blogboy and homojs post otherwise.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:31 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

who pulled the trigger then?

also, it's for the above reason that I wont believe Daz is gone until he is actually gone no matter how blogboy and homojs post otherwise.

I can’t speak for Spaz. But, Don’s termination came from Bill. Don met with Bates and Brad something about (not only his job being safe but) that Don would hopefully retire at BC. Literally the next day, Bates fired him at Leahy’s direction. It explains why Bates acted so ill-prepared for a search.

Regarding Bates, I think Bill quickly and accurately realized that Brad was a fucking tool. And, he interjected himself out of need. Will be interesting to see how much leeway is afforded to Marty.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:20 pm

For Leahy to step in and fire a coach it would require that he actually cares about the program. He doesn’t, STFU, you are full of shit!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:37 pm

Bates was literally the opposite of Gene D which is probably why he got the job.

He sold Leahy on students first and foremost which Gene D was anything but students first. Bates has a doctorate in education from Vanderbilt.

If you went over to the message board of Miami of Ohio they were overly excited with his leaving. Like BC excited for TOB to go to NC State level of excitement.

He was the definition of an empty suit. He refused to make any decisions (large or small), when pressed he would form pointless committees to push off things he was supposed to be in charge of doing (the master plan took years to present).

Not that we give a shit but nag hoops was beyond terrible and he extended that coach rather than make a decision.

Because he had virtually no real ambitions other than be BC AD he did not know how to play any political games and used whatever goodwill he had to hire dazz which backfired on him. He was genuinely stunned how poorly that hiring was received. Just the pure optics of hiring someone coming off a losing season at Temple who was another mustachioed italian seemed to go over his head. Dazz had been vetted already and approved by Leahy so Bates thought it was a homerun hire.

Jim Christian's hiring showed all of Brad's faults. Bates didn't know how to navigate properly how to make a hire at BC so Brad being Brad hired Eddie Fogler to take the decision making off of him. Fogler hands him Jim Christian who was thoroughly unqualified for the job and Bates says this seems right. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:40 pm

Even if you believe that Addazio is safe, Rutgers' interest alone has forced BC to prepare for a change.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:31 am

Rutgers and BC tussling over Dazzler and Schiano. I can see the humor in it buts it's really pathetic.

One Man's dross is the next man's...dross. Damaged goods all the way around.

Schiano would be a better recruiter in NJ than Dazz and thats probably the justification for Rutgers to waste more NJ taxpayer's money on him than on Dazz. Dazz has zero chance of serving up winning seasons in Big 10.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:59 am

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Rutgers and BC tussling over Dazzler and Schiano. I can see the humor in it buts it's really pathetic.

One Man's dross is the next man's...dross. Damaged goods all the way around.

Schiano would be a better recruiter in NJ than Dazz and thats probably the justification for Rutgers to waste more NJ taxpayer's money on him than on Dazz. Dazz has zero chance of serving up winning seasons in Big 10.

I beg to differ. I could almost guarantee that Addazio (were he the head coach) would give Ohio State continuous 7-5 seasons.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:51 pm

ATL just retweeted something saying UCLA and Chip may mutually agree to separate
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:55 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:ATL just retweeted something saying UCLA and Chip may mutually agree to separate

He’d be ideal at BC. But, ATL is just dabbling in fake news (... again).
https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceFeldman ... gr%5Etweet
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:02 pm

Moorhead returning to Starkville
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:04 pm

His teams play no defense and I cannot believe he would come to BC for anything other than a massive, guaranteed contract.

Go Eagles !
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:22 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:ATL just retweeted something saying UCLA and Chip may mutually agree to separate

I've read rumors that UCLA admins are worried the program is going in the wrong direction and are thinking Kelly might not be the right guy for the job.it's funny how BC alums always wanted day because he was a Kelly coaching tree guy and now the head of the tree might be available. that said, I don't think he would be a good fit here.
Last edited by hansen on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Image

Jarmonds reaction at the end of the game makes me wonder if Daz was even on the hot seat prior to the game. If so, nothing is changed up at BC in twenty years or so. Make a bowl game, don’t embarrass the school with scandals, and then white mountain creamery after the game.

Ever to Excel.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagletx on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Just imagine what year 8 of the Addazio regime will be like with Grosel at QB (assuming Brown is unable to go or last 5 games), and a defense devoid of talent. Can't wait! And after all those extra bowl practices, I envision a real juggernaunt.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:35 pm

I'll bet anyone ten thousand GoogleAdSense dollars that Addazio is gone by Tuesday.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:51 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'll bet anyone ten thousand GoogleAdSense dollars that Addazio is gone by Tuesday.

If I had ten thousand google ad sense dollars, then I would take that bet. I don’t think he will be fired albeit he could leave. Still odds are that he is around for a long time.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm

I’d bet he returns. I can’t see Jarmond having that kind of reaction and then firing him.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:Just imagine what year 8 of the Addazio regime will be like with Grosel at QB (assuming Brown is unable to go or last 5 games), and a defense devoid of talent. Can't wait! And after all those extra bowl practices, I envision a real juggernaunt.

Anthony Brown is an atrocious QB, even worse than Grosel.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium