2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:44 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:Based on a linear regression analysis of this board's post:
1-Jeff Hafley
2-Al Washington
3-Some weird sex thing

The E.S.T. Reversion Hypothesis states that given some density of interest in a topic, the thread will revert instantly and sharply to Some Weird Sex Thing (in this case, the offending original post was edited into bolivian, but involved a surprise finger unexpectedly stuck into a puckered brown poop hole) for periods of time. After said reversion, any analysis must filter for the EST, especially if you want to apply linear techniques.

Surprisingly, this may be the first time the esteemed Tonto is off. The EST hypothesis refers only to exclusively homosexual content and while Hansen may or may not be majority heterosexual, the references here are to a female digit penetrating his chocolate starfish.

Hansen pretended it was a dude though.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Some National guys like Rittenberg (https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/stat ... 1971116034) are saying that Hafley is the favorite. I don't think they have anything new. I will say that Hafley is the only name I have consistently heard as a favorite. Fickell, Bielema, Elko and Washington have been mentioned but not with the same regularity.

Here is the thing. I've been around long enough to remember Leahy's first coaching search. It too was a long, drawn out process filled with multiple interviews and rounds. BC let the final 3 candidates know they were making a decision the following day. HCRE and Kevin Gilbride both went to Boston thinking they were getting it. They were assistants at the time on Coughlin's Jax staff. It is widely believed that Gladchuck preferred HCRE. Leahy rejected it and picked someone no one knew was a candidate. Leahy thought BC needed a Marine to clean up the program... and the Supply Officer was born.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:09 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Some National guys like Rittenberg (https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/stat ... 1971116034) are saying that Hafley is the favorite. I don't think they have anything new. I will say that Hafley is the only name I have consistently heard as a favorite. Fickell, Bielema, Elko and Washington have been mentioned but not with the same regularity.

Here is the thing. I've been around long enough to remember Leahy's first coaching search. It too was a long, drawn out process filled with multiple interviews and rounds. BC let the final 3 candidates know they were making a decision the following day. HCRE and Kevin Gilbride both went to Boston thinking they were getting it. They were assistants at the time on Coughlin's Jax staff. It is widely believed that Gladchuck preferred HCRE. Leahy rejected it and picked someone no one knew was a candidate. Leahy thought BC needed a Marine to clean up the program... and the Supply Officer was born.

Hafley is supposedly in Tucson, AZ visiting Latham Ransom.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
Hafley is supposedly in Tucson, AZ visiting Latham Ransom.

Please tell me you're posting this from a hiding spot inside a potted palm within his hotel lobby.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Some National guys like Rittenberg (https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/stat ... 1971116034) are saying that Hafley is the favorite. I don't think they have anything new. I will say that Hafley is the only name I have consistently heard as a favorite. Fickell, Bielema, Elko and Washington have been mentioned but not with the same regularity.

IIRC, both HCRE and Gilbride privately and separately told Coughlin they were getting the job, and Coughlin knew some stupid shit was going down.

CAG > Navy
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Hafley is supposedly in Tucson, AZ visiting Latham Ransom.

So. Here’s the deal. Every coach is out recruiting this week. There isn’t a single day available. So, unless BC decided to pause the search until after 12/18, guys are going to have to fly in-and-out. Interview in the morning. Board a charter to wherever. These guys are spending the week sleeping on planes... not hotel rooms.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:24 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:IIRC, both HCRE and Gilbride privately and separately told Coughlin they were getting the job, and Coughlin knew some stupid shit was going down.

CAG > Navy

Yep. I think he then told both of them that they couldn’t both be right.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:IIRC, both HCRE and Gilbride privately and separately told Coughlin they were getting the job, and Coughlin knew some stupid shit was going down.

CAG > Navy

Yep. I think he then told both of them that they couldn’t both be right.

Why is the search taking so long? This is what worries me. It leads me to think we are going to end up with someone like Don Brown or even worse BIll McGovern.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:42 pm

If Hafley gets it, he would be the first "front runner" in the BC football search that ended up getting the job. Something always trips it up. Bicknell Jr, Logan and Spaz all left their meeting with Gene thinking they were getting the job after Jags got fired. Leahy didn't pick Spaz. Gene did and mostly because Spaz was someone he thought he could control.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:46 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:If Hafley gets it, he would be the first "front runner" in the BC football search that ended up getting the job. Something always trips it up. Bicknell Jr, Logan and Spaz all left their meeting with Gene thinking they were getting the job after Jags got fired. Leahy didn't pick Spaz. Gene did and mostly because Spaz was someone he thought he could control.

“Coach Flip” is greasy. This does not surprise me whatsoever.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:53 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:If Hafley gets it, he would be the first "front runner" in the BC football search that ended up getting the job. Something always trips it up. Bicknell Jr, Logan and Spaz all left their meeting with Gene thinking they were getting the job after Jags got fired. Leahy didn't pick Spaz. Gene did and mostly because Spaz was someone he thought he could control.

For the record I haven't read blog boy in a while because I dont hate BC as much.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I will say that Hafley is the only name I have consistently heard as a favorite. Fickell, Bielema, Elko and Washington have been mentioned but not with the same regularity.

As long as these guys can recruit, I'd be happy with any of them.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Shoreagle on Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

“Coach Flip” is greasy. This does not surprise me whatsoever.

He’s a Hall of Famer young man
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:24 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Hafley is supposedly in Tucson, AZ visiting Latham Ransom.

So. Here’s the deal. Every coach is out recruiting this week. There isn’t a single day available. So, unless BC decided to pause the search until after 12/18, guys are going to have to fly in-and-out. Interview in the morning. Board a charter to wherever. These guys are spending the week sleeping on planes... not hotel rooms.

College football is weird and fucked up. Grown men busting their asses to kiss the asses of high school kids. Makes Mike Farrell's stance seem not so wide. :dildodog
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:07 am

Back to Leahy's first search, I know I'm in the minority here, but O'Brien was a good choice. I liked that era of being ranked and winning our bowl games and not having scandals. acknowledging he spit the but a few times and I was glad to see him eventually go.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

For the record I haven't read blog boy in a while because I dont hate BC as much.

Not into BC fan fiction?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:22 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Not into BC fan fiction?

I think erotic BC fan fiction would be more appropriate for this site.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:03 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7785841/Thousands-penis-fish-washed-ashore-California-beach.html

Watch the inline video halfway down.

:pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle

Those who have dined on this worm have said it is chewy, salty and surprisingly sweet.

Apparently people eat it in Japan. Have you "dined on the worm", hansen?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:09 am

Now is the Winter of our Dick-Content
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:14 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7785841/Thousands-penis-fish-washed-ashore-California-beach.html

Watch the inline video halfway down.

:pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle :pickle

Those who have dined on this worm have said it is chewy, salty and surprisingly sweet.

Apparently people eat it in Japan. Have you "dined on the worm", hansen?

no, I have not. I think it is actually Korea where they eat it and not Japan. pretty sure they call it gaebul which translates to "dog dick".

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:14 am

where is TRE?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:15 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:where is TRE?

shopping for women's clothing.
Last edited by hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am

California: https://nypost.com/2019/12/12/thousands ... nia-beach/
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:16 am

Drakes beach, California.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:31 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

shopping for women's clothing.

For gloves, I assume...

Is an announcement coming today? Or is it another day of this ridiculous crap?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 am

Maybe TRE is interviewing for the job?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am

Feldman just put up an article on the BC coaching search on the athletic: https://theathletic.com/1423864/2019/12 ... ead-coach/
any new info in there?

EDIT. never mind, appears to be from 2 weeks ago

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 am

I don't think anything is coming out of BC today. I also think that, if it was Hafley, word would be out by now. Instead, I think this is going the way of all other Leahy searches where we wander in the wilderness talking to too many and relying too heavily on the one-time interview. But, to give folks some CONTENT until Fr. Bill tells Marty exactly with whom his resume will be saddled... Here’s a compilation of stories I got from the Rutgers guys regarding Hafley. Essentially, he is the perfect recruiter for BC and a great guy.

“Nicest coach I ever met. From recruit parents to coaches at other schools... everyone talks unsolicited about what a great person Jeff is.”

”One of the top 2 or 3 best recruiters I’ve come across in 20 years of covering college sports.” He does it in a different way. He isn’t all about sales. He knows everyone, talks to everyone, befriends everyone. If the kid is a fit at the school he’s at, it becomes a no brained because everyone in that kids’ world vouches for the guy.

When he shows up at a school, he not only meets with the star athlete at the school, he meets with EVERY player. He offers advice, he offers to contact coaches at the lower levels on behalf of kids. He even met with non-football players who were just interested in the school. He gives ou his personal cell to these non-recruits and answers their calls.

A buddies’ cousin played for Bosco. He had offers from D3 and IAA schools. Hafley came to the school and talked to him as the kid was struggling with what to do. After that discussion, it became clear to him that passing on Williams was stupid just to play at a slightly higher level at Bryant. He had a 25th bday and a bunch of guys from his old Bosco team was there. They started reminiscing about being recruited. From the most elite recruited guy to the benchwarmer, they spent like a half hour telling Hafley stories and how much they loved the guy.

“I have talked to recruits for far too long. I can identify a kid who will fit BC within a 5 min of talking to him. They are different kids. To land those types of kids, there isn’t a more perfect recruiter.”

As a coach, what they always heard was that he was very smart, organized and connected in the fraternity. But, my guys couldn’t speak to the Xs and Os.

The question mark...Is he a leader?
One buddy is a strong believer in what made Schiano great at RU was his leadership. He willed that program forward and managed signing off on paraphernalia to make sure that the Block R on a random T-shirt promoted the culture he was fostering. He has no idea what kind of leader Hafley would be because he’s never been in such a spot. He doesn’t doubt the guy can do it, he just doesn’t know or sure he’ll have a vision and be able to execute on it. When RU was looking, he favored coaches who had head coaching experience already because of this very issue. However, if you were forced to pick someone who had never done it, he thought Hafley was the most likely who could.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}: I also think that, if it was Hafley, word would be out by now.

Why do you think that? Given the rest of the post, this sentence was a real Spaulding doodie in the punch bowl.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I don't think anything is coming out of BC today. I also think that, if it was Hafley, word would be out by now. Instead, I think this is going the way of all other Leahy searches where we wander in the wilderness talking to too many and relying too heavily on the one-time interview. But, to give folks some CONTENT until Fr. Bill tells Marty exactly with whom his resume will be saddled...

I certainly hope that

• A: the coach (whoever he is) has been offered by Jarmond and the BOT
  • B: that coach has accepted the offer and signed the contract and
  • C: everyone is playing it cool with the media until such time as an announcement will be made to the public

My fear is that no coach has been officially selected yet or (worse) that the coach they want turned them down for whatever reason. I don't know what the advantage is to waiting and waiting to make this announcement if they DO have a coach under contract, so I am suspicious that they do NOT have one under contract. Time is limited guys.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium