2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby flakes on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:34 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:seems like gundy is next to be cancelled

Good. He's a fucking hillbilly.

Would you have the same reaction if Saban was getting canceled for wearing a MSNBC shirt while out fishing?

Ummmm. No. Because reasonable people know that OAN is basically Alex Jones with a slightly better green screen.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:38 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:hilarious that people are now defending trump's favorite "news" agency, oan, because of criticism of a t-shirt worn by who-gives-a-fuck-about-mike-gundy-and-what-he-thinks.

lol maga's

Hilarious that you are hostile to a free press. I don’t begrudge the existence of CNN and MSNBC and don’t think people should be cancelled for wearing clothing with either logo, but if you think they are any better than OAN, you are dumber than I thought—which is saying a lot.

Anyway, keep it up. Just don’t ask me to let you go because “For Boston” or whatever other bullshit you want to try when the war is on and you are about to go in front of the ditch. I think the Blue Staters are going to learn that you have seriously underestimated your “enemies” and that your relentless campaign to deplatform and harass normal Americans is going to have very fatal consequences for you and your woefully unarmed and unmasculine fellow travelers.

As for Gundy, he is not known for being an asshole. In fact, his reputation up until this incident has generally been that of a good natured goof—the mullet is a joke he is in on—who has a fairly good offensive mind, which was fairly apparent in his Coaches’ Room appearances on ESPN. Anyway, the woke brigades are going to find that if they keep this up they are going to frighten off the boosters who fund their existence and their one ticket out of the hood.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:41 pm

:orca
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:hilarious that people are now defending trump's favorite "news" agency, oan, because of criticism of a t-shirt worn by who-gives-a-fuck-about-mike-gundy-and-what-he-thinks.

lol maga's

Hilarious that you are hostile to a free press. I don’t begrudge the existence of CNN and MSNBC and don’t think people should be cancelled for wearing clothing with either logo, but if you think they are any better than OAN, you are dumber than I thought—which is saying a lot.

Anyway, keep it up. Just don’t ask me to let you go because “For Boston” or whatever other bullshit you want to try when the war is on and you are about to go in front of the ditch. I think the Blue Staters are going to learn that you have seriously underestimated your “enemies” and that your relentless campaign to deplatform and harass normal Americans is going to have very fatal consequences for you and your woefully unarmed and unmasculine fellow travelers.

As for Gundy, he is not known for being an asshole. In fact, his reputation up until this incident has generally been that of a good natured goof—the mullet is a joke he is in on—who has a fairly good offensive mind, which was fairly apparent in his Coaches’ Room appearances on ESPN. Anyway, the woke brigades are going to find that if they keep this up they are going to frighten off the boosters who fund their existence and their one ticket out of the hood.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:50 pm

lol maga's

Point is, he’s gotta be careful about pissing off players if he’s going to keep taking job interviews for raises without winning Bedlam more often
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:18 pm

lol maga's

Never heard of OAN and can't stand Trump, but someone's job being threatened because of the television they watch is a fucking frightening proposition for anyone.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

lol maga's

Never heard of OAN and can't stand Trump, but someone's job being threatened because of the television they watch is a fucking frightening proposition for anyone.

Agreed. Never heard of OAN either. I thought (based on the reaction) that it might be some sort of White Power organization. Turns out it’s just an effing terrible news station available on FiOS. So, I turned it on. It seemed to be matter of fact news during the day and then straight-stupid commentators after 5. It is like watching a Right-wing version of Brian Stetler. Horrible TV. But, wearing a TShirt of a miserable person like Stetler isn’t getting you fired.

Gundy should tell his players to go screw. “I won’t stand for this?” That was the enlightened comment from a 21 year old about a Tshirt worn by a 52 year old man. Let’s see how committed this brilliant football player is to silencing all other voices. Let’s see him sit out the year. Let’s see all these players follow suit.

Cancel culture is not about winning hearts and minds... it’s about controlling them.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

Would you have the same reaction if Saban was getting canceled for wearing a MSNBC shirt while out fishing?

Ummmm. No. Because reasonable people know that OAN is basically Alex Jones with a slightly better green screen.

And MSNBC is your boyfriend Rachel.Maddow being a cuck. Ive never heard of OAN and couldn't care less about it, but once little pussies demand cancellations and firing for your choice of news or who you vote for, then we know lhe left is out to ruin America and deserve to be annihilated when CWII happens.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

And MSNBC is your boyfriend Rachel.Maddow being a cuck. Ive never heard of OAN and couldn't care less about it, but once little pussies demand cancellations and firing for your choice of news or who you vote for, then we know lhe left is out to ruin America and deserve to be annihilated when CWII happens.

Yep. I think I have watched OAN once in my life for a total of 5 minutes because I was flipping through channels and they were interviewing Victor Davis Hanson and I thought it was C-Span.

The Wokeys and their Soy Boy prison yard bitches are going to learn a very hard lesson if they keep this up. I don’t think they understand even remotely how much the swath of America that isn’t located within 12 miles or so of the coast is fed up with them nor the lethal capabilities possessed by that population. Hood rats can spray automatic fire around the ghetto killing more bystanders then their actual foes. Those fellas are going to be befuddled against guys who have trigger discipline and are going to get stacked like cordwood.

I hope it doesn’t happen, but they are pretty please begging for it right now.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

Because he wore a t-shirt for a lightly watched cable news network that is no more insane in it's right wing views than MSNBC or CNN are in their leftwing views. Fuck Chuba Hubbard. I can't wait till he goes broke within three years of exiting the league.

And also, with this sort of attitude, don't complain when you fine yourself lined up in front of a ditch with your fellow soy boys when Jesusland kicks the shit out your People's Democratic Republic in Civil War Part 2. You guys are doing everything in your power to provoke it without thinking through how it ends.

Agreed. The intolerance of the Left knows no bounds.

When Matt Taibbi is blasting the left-wing media you know you’ve over-stepped.

Here’s the holycrapthisislong article: https://taibbi.substack.com/p/the-news- ... ing-itself
Highlights...
Our president, Donald Trump, is a clown who makes a great reality-show villain but is uniquely toolless as the leader of a superpower nation. Watching him try to think through two society-imperiling crises is like waiting for a gerbil to solve Fermat’s theorem. Calls to “dominate” marchers and ad-libbed speculations about Floyd’s “great day” looking down from heaven at Trump’s crisis management and new unemployment numbers (“only” 21 million out of work!) were pure gasoline at a tinderbox moment. The man seems determined to talk us into civil war.

But police violence, and Trump’s daily assaults on the presidential competence standard, are only part of the disaster. On the other side of the political aisle, among self-described liberals, we’re watching an intellectual revolution. It feels liberating to say after years of tiptoeing around the fact, but the American left has lost its mind. It’s become a cowardly mob of upper-class social media addicts, Twitter Robespierres who move from discipline to discipline torching reputations and jobs with breathtaking casualness.

The leaders of this new movement are replacing traditional liberal beliefs about tolerance, free inquiry, and even racial harmony with ideas so toxic and unattractive that they eschew debate, moving straight to shaming, threats, and intimidation. They are counting on the guilt-ridden, self-flagellating nature of traditional American progressives, who will not stand up for themselves, and will walk to the Razor voluntarily.

They’ve conned organization after organization into empowering panels to search out thoughtcrime, and it’s established now that anything can be an offense, from a UCLA professor placed under investigation for reading Martin Luther King’s “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” out loud to a data scientist fired* from a research firm for — get this — retweeting an academic study suggesting nonviolent protests may be more politically effective than violent ones!

There is symbolism here that goes beyond frustration with police or even with racism: these are orgiastic, quasi-religious, and most of all, deeply weird scenes, and the press is too paralyzed to wonder at it. In a business where the first job requirement was once the willingness to ask tough questions, we’ve become afraid to ask obvious ones.

The media in the last four years has devolved into a succession of moral manias. We are told the Most Important Thing Ever is happening for days or weeks at a time, until subjects are abruptly dropped and forgotten, but the tone of warlike emergency remains: from James Comey’s firing, to the deification of Robert Mueller, to the Brett Kavanaugh nomination, to the democracy-imperiling threat to intelligence “whistleblowers,” all those interminable months of Ukrainegate hearings (while Covid-19 advanced), to fury at the death wish of lockdown violators, to the sudden reversal on that same issue, etc.

The traditional view of the press was never based on some contrived, mathematical notion of “balance,” i.e. five paragraphs of Republicans for every five paragraphs of Democrats. The ideal instead was that we showed you everything we could see, good and bad, ugly and not, trusting that a better-informed public would make better decisions. This vision of media stressed accuracy, truth, and trust in the reader’s judgment as the routes to positive social change.

People depend on us to tell them what we see, not what we think. What good are we if we’re afraid to do it?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

lol maga's

yeah, same here about oan and trump. but you have to admit that gundy is a fucking douche. i've felt that way going back years. anyway, thamel did a story on the gundy/oan/osu/blm thing. no love for gundy or the osu administration.

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-state-mike-gundy-chuba-hubbard-021056548.html
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:16 am

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

lol maga's

yeah, same here about oan and trump. but you have to admit that gundy is a fucking douche. i've felt that way going back years. anyway, thamel did a story on the gundy/oan/osu/blm thing. no love for gundy or the osu administration.

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-state-mike-gundy-chuba-hubbard-021056548.html

Used to be in this country that it was your right to be a douche. Now only the left wing douches get to be douches.

This is acknowledging that there are a lot of douches of all types.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:37 am

Not sure how I feel about using this specific plot device for Varsity Blues 2 but willing to wait it out.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:11 am

Fitting that TW mentions "left wing douches" and elvii suddenly shows up.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:42 am

eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:52 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Fitting that TW mentions "left wing douches" and elvii suddenly shows up.

Nailed it!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Without discussing the merits of whatever point Forde is trying to make, I will simply note there is no bigger whining c*nt writing about college sports. If you want a deliciously entertaining afternoon, shoot him an email with a critique of any article he writes. You will not be disappointed. And he'll follow up as well, which is really special.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Without discussing the merits of whatever point Forde is trying to make, I will simply note there is no bigger whining c*nt writing about college sports. If you want a deliciously entertaining afternoon, shoot him an email with a critique of any article he writes. You will not be disappointed. And he'll follow up as well, which is really special.

a lot of writers fall into the whiny cxnt category with many falling over themselves these days to be politically correct with covid and blm. for example, finebaum (another douche) is calling for gundy to be fired. i don't think he should be fired, i just think he's a moron. he's a native oklahoman so that explains a lot.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Manny on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:38 pm

With no inside knowledge whatsoever, I'd be completely staggered if Hubbard and several of his teammates went from sitting to sprinting just because Gundy wore an OAN shirt. If he got fired, it wouldn't have anything to do with wearing a shirt. It'd be because young black men decided they wouldn't play for him anymore. As one of the board's unapologetic lefties, I say good on the players for embracing and exercising what little power they have. Up with labor.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:07 pm

All of the black players should head to northern, progressive schools and get out of the redneck southern schools.

No Justice! No Peace!
No Police! No Cops rolling up on my tailgate!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:34 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:With no inside knowledge whatsoever, I'd be completely staggered if Hubbard and several of his teammates went from sitting to sprinting just because Gundy wore an OAN shirt. If he got fired, it wouldn't have anything to do with wearing a shirt. It'd be because young black men decided they wouldn't play for him anymore. As one of the board's unapologetic lefties, I say good on the players for embracing and exercising what little power they have. Up with labor.

more gundy today...calling opposing players the n word while a player at osu. he's been embarrassing osu going back 31 years, but apparently not himself.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-pro-bowler-alfred-williams-recalls-1989-claim-that-mike-gundy-called-him-the-nword-in-college-032906048.html
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:With no inside knowledge whatsoever, I'd be completely staggered if Hubbard and several of his teammates went from sitting to sprinting just because Gundy wore an OAN shirt. If he got fired, it wouldn't have anything to do with wearing a shirt. It'd be because young black men decided they wouldn't play for him anymore. As one of the board's unapologetic lefties, I say good on the players for embracing and exercising what little power they have. Up with labor.

As a lefty, do you support this:

And I thought I’d share a couple more notes: We plan to heat the pool, so a swim is a possibility. Bonnie will be Uber Service to transport Ruby, Emerson, and Maeve Luzzatto (11, 9, and almost 7) so you’ll have some further entertainment, and they will be in that pool for sure.

https://www.wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/52098
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Manny on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:09 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

And I thought I’d share a couple more notes: We plan to heat the pool, so a swim is a possibility. Bonnie will be Uber Service to transport Ruby, Emerson, and Maeve Luzzatto (11, 9, and almost 7) so you’ll have some further entertainment, and they will be in that pool for sure.

I don't know what this is, but what does it have to do with the price of tea on the moon, where people definitely landed in 1969 before returning home safely?
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:25 am

Manny {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I don't know what this is, but what does it have to do with the price of tea on the moon, where people definitely landed in 1969 before returning home safely?

Well, you said you were a lefty so you presumably supported Hillary over Trump for President. That email that I posted is from Tamera Luzzatto, Hillary’s former chief of staff, that she sent to a bunch of people including John Podesta, Hillary’s campaign manager and former White House staff under Bill. And if it’s not obvious to you what that email implies, I’ll explain: she’s pimping out young children.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:29 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Well, you said you were a lefty so you presumably supported Hillary over Trump for President. That email that I posted is from Tamera Luzzatto, Hillary’s former chief of staff, that she sent to a bunch of people including John Podesta, Hillary’s campaign manager and former White House staff under Bill. And if it’s not obvious to you what that email implies, I’ll explain: she’s pimping out young children.

It definitely didn't mean that she has three kids now, who are of this age, can you believe it, and they are so silly like most kids are, that you will find it entertaining because women definitely dont talk like that said nobody ever.

disclaimer. I am against pedophiles and the abuse of children more than anyone else on this board but even I need a hell of a lot more evidence than this to be suspicious.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Manny on Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:34 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Sorry, if you want to play Hardy Boys and the Case of the Missing Pizza Basement, you'll have to find someone else.
Manny
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:32 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

It definitely didn't mean that she has three kids now, who are of this age, can you believe it, and they are so silly like most kids are, that you will find it entertaining because women definitely dont talk like that said nobody ever.

disclaimer. I am against pedophiles and the abuse of children more than anyone else on this board but even I need a hell of a lot more evidence than this to be suspicious.

Who gets pizza for an hour?
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/52942

What is a pizza-related handkerchief?
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/55433

Why would Obama spend $65,000 flying in "pizza/dogs" from Chicago for a private party?
https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1 ... iday-.html

What the hell does this mean? Do you think I'll do better playing dominos on cheese than on pasta?
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/50332

Those are just a few containing known pedophile code words. Here is an article that summarizes how law enforcement arrested somebody by using similar code language. He posted a craigslist ad that said "Woman/Moms that are into Cheese Pizza"
https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/new ... 53876.html

So unthinkable right? I mean, jeez, it's not like there was just a high level arrest of a woman who pimped out underage girls for politicians and other famous people. Oh wait, there was. Ghislaine Maxwell.

You can lead a horse to water...
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:45 am

Can we move pizzagate stuff to one of the numerous political threads in MA's?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:48 am

Did you know that the Comet Pizza shooter entered the restaurant with an AR-15 and a handgun and yet only fired 3 shots, and the only damage caused by any of those shots was to a computer hard drive?

You're not getting any football this year, ATL. This is your football now.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:27 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Can we move pizzagate stuff to one of the numerous political threads in MA's?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17311
:flagus
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:45 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:Did you know that the Comet Pizza shooter entered the restaurant with an AR-15 and a handgun and yet only fired 3 shots, and the only damage caused by any of those shots was to a computer hard drive?

You're not getting any football this year, ATL. This is your football now.

Being a college sports fan already requires a lot of cognitive dissonance. I don't need anymore right now. Plus I always enjoy the classics cases and I think Oswald acted alone.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium