2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Image

Jarmonds reaction at the end of the game makes me wonder if Daz was even on the hot seat prior to the game. If so, nothing is changed up at BC in twenty years or so. Make a bowl game, don’t embarrass the school with scandals, and then white mountain creamery after the game.

Ever to Excel.

It’s the above. BC isn’t firing a coach who makes 6 of 7 bowl games.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:Just imagine what year 8 of the Addazio regime will be like with Grosel at QB (assuming Brown is unable to go or last 5 games), and a defense devoid of talent. Can't wait! And after all those extra bowl practices, I envision a real juggernaunt.

Anthony Brown is an atrocious QB, even worse than Grosel.

Grosel started the game unbelievably poorly. I think he was one for seven at one point. But he battled back, made some clutch throws, ran well on QB runs, and did just enough to keep us in the game for the win. He might not have the most talent in the world but he’s tough as balls hanging in the pocket on some of those throws. At least when he makes mistakes they are not usually game changing. He shouldn’t be in this position (due to Daz poor QB recruiting) but he’s doing his best out there and competing. He needs to keep getting better though because an immobile, inaccurate AB is going to be practically useless next year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:18 pm

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2019 ... coach.html

And, doesn’t sound like RU will be our Knight in shining armor.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:33 pm

I just knew Addazio was going to split the last two games. I'm happy for the Seniors that they get to go to Shreveport or whatever God forsaken place they send the team. But this is not good for BC football. Addazio just isn't the answer.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 am

Sorry MoJ
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:Just imagine what year 8 of the Addazio regime will be like with Grosel at QB (assuming Brown is unable to go or last 5 games), and a defense devoid of talent. Can't wait! And after all those extra bowl practices, I envision a real juggernaunt.

Anthony Brown is an atrocious QB, even worse than Grosel.

Starter notwithstanding, year 8 provides those stellar QB options in year 8. Of course, Addazio may resort to the strategy that arguably produced his best QB, and that was to hope that some fifth year transfer falls from the sky. But, hope will inevitably spring eternal come August as the argument will be made that this so young defense will have to improve
(maybe to 95th best???) and all of Dillon's offense will easily be replaced by RB by committee. So glad we will retain that program stability with Addazio at the helm.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:20 am

The importance of program "stability" bears repeating.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:30 am

looks like Rutgers won the race to the bottom with Schiano.They're pissing away a lot of taxpayer money on a retred who'll never see 500 in Big10. A Dazz in hand is worth 2 in the bush. The downside is that Schiano might recruit better in talent rich NJ and cost BC some joisey talent from north jersey catholic hs powerhouses
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:11 am

Best of all... folks here won’t have to worry about Dazoo leaving before his amazing “everyone is coming back” 8th year. However, he’ll need to find a new OC (as Bajakian will be in Piscataway) and a new secondary coach (not because he’s been just about the worst coach ever, but because he can’t take a punch). Assuming Sheridan is reassigned, Daz’s stars-aligning season will have the ready-made excuse about new coordinators and systems. Fun times.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:13 am

I know this place is anti-Daz and twitter is. I think most casual fans are. Is anyone in his corner?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 am

I’d like to congratulate those who were so fearful of the mere upsurd possibility of Schiano that they cheer the foreclosure of the most likely Dazoo exit.

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:31 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I know this place is anti-Daz and twitter is. I think most casual fans are. Is anyone in his corner?

Whose corner is Leahy in? I think a losing season gets influential fence-sitters to voice their discontent.

Btw... just wondering when the Al Washington news conference is later today? Are there any former players here to give us a head’s up?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:04 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I know this place is anti-Daz and twitter is. I think most casual fans are. Is anyone in his corner?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:08 am

HJS {l Wrote}:I’d like to congratulate those who were so fearful of the mere upsurd possibility of Schiano that they cheer the foreclosure of the most likely Dazoo exit.

Everyone here gets their hopes up thinking he is going to be replaced, creating these threads, etc. and then Lucy pulls the football away at the last second when Charlie Brown goes to kick it. it’s obvious nothing has changed at BC since I’ve been there. It’s all about stability, consistency, running a clean program... not winning. Until Leahy goes, nothing is going to change.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:24 am

It would have changed if Schiano didn’t take the job. They really were angling for him to be the backup plan. And, they were set to move quickly.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:24 am

If he left today, he left the program in way better shape than he found it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:45 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

this is true, but spaz cratered this thing pretty hard. is it better then when :toby left? for many, i think that is the baseline.....

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Agree 100%. Daz rebuilt this program from a dumpster fire to a consistent albeit mediocre 7-6.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:12 am

Is anyone tracking planes from Columbus? The weather may force the presser onto FaceTime if the former players didn’t spring for a private jet last night.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:20 pm

If he didn't get fired for 7 wins the other 10 years he did it he's not getting fired for 7 wins the year his QB blows out his knee. Hate to break it to you, Eagle Outsider Alumni Stadium football board
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:25 pm

If Daz isn't gone I'll be surprised - why did all the rumors explode out after the ND loss then? It can be just wishful thinking, otherwise we'd have these rumors every year the last few years.

My take: Jarmond told Daz he was out after ND, but that it wasn't Marty's decision (true or not) and they thank him and want him to succeed b/c (in all fairness) he did run a clean program that for the most part garnered BC decent press (Gameday etc) and really rebuilt stabilized it from the death rattle we started to hear under Spaz.

That would explain: Daz shaving his 'stache (big life change/losing what will prob be his best gig), the Rutgers rumors (Jarmond giving his blessing for a positive exit), the high-five and good feeling after y'day's win and Daz saying it was his best coaching job (b/c he's a goner and Jarmond is playing the part of reluctant messenger).

And really, after Spaz I think we can say Daz was mostly the coach we wanted/needed, but for the W-L and competitiveness in big games, which of course, is why he's the best paid person at BC and why he needs to go now.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:33 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:If Daz isn't gone I'll be surprised - why did all the rumors explode out after the ND loss then? It can be just wishful thinking, otherwise we'd have these rumors every year the last few years.

My take: Jarmond told Daz he was out after ND, but that it wasn't Marty's decision (true or not) and they thank him and want him to succeed b/c (in all fairness) he did run a clean program that for the most part garnered BC decent press (Gameday etc) and really rebuilt stabilized it from the death rattle we started to hear under Spaz.

That would explain: Daz shaving his 'stache (big life change/losing what will prob be his best gig), the Rutgers rumors (Jarmond giving his blessing for a positive exit), the high-five and good feeling after y'day's win and Daz saying it was his best coaching job (b/c he's a goner and Jarmond is playing the part of reluctant messenger).

And really, after Spaz I think we can say Daz was mostly the coach we wanted/needed, but for the W-L and competitiveness in big games, which of course, is why he's the best paid person at BC and why he needs to go now.

This is a logical conclusion to draw and I’d love it true but this is BC and as we’ve seen Addazio isn’t winning more than 7 games, BC isn’t going to start behaving logically with respect to its two big sports programs. Unfortunately this is playing out like my season prediction, 6-6, shitty bowl win and another paper extension.

Anyone have Jarmond’s email address? I need to express my frustration on a different platform.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:55 pm

The record is not good, both in conference and versus ranked opponents. If they don’t care about the record they do care about the loss of revenue from ticket sales and concessions. The athletic department is still losing money in the eyes of Leahy and the BOT whether you agree with their accounting methods or not. This is ultimately what got Bates fired. The argument to keep Daz is exactly what? A fear of a decline? It’s actually hard not to win 6 games. Having to pay more in salary to replace Daz? This makes more sense given that peer schools are now paying 4 million per year. However, the bigger fear is a continued decline in season tickets of an already aging and disinterested fan base. You can’t go on for very long giving away thousands of free tickets.

Time for a change.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:It would have changed if Schiano didn’t take the job. They really were angling for him to be the backup plan. And, they were set to move quickly.

Source?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:08 pm

mizzou gave up on their a .500 coach after 4 seasons yesterday. we keep stringing ours along with undeserved extensions. season 8 is going to really suck.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:31 pm

The argument against firing a guy who makes a bowl every year and graduates players, even if he is the worst in-game coach in America, is that you run the risk of hiring a replacement who doesn't make a bowl game every year, and then you blew your chance of being AD at Ohio State. Especially when you don't have the budget or facilities or fan base to make a slam dunk hire,

the end

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:32 pm

have fun watching the beef o brady's bowl. unless it rains that day

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:33 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The record is not good, both in conference and versus ranked opponents. If they don’t care about the record they do care about the loss of revenue from ticket sales and concessions. The athletic department is still losing money in the eyes of Leahy and the BOT whether you agree with their accounting methods or not. This is ultimately what got Bates fired. The argument to keep Daz is exactly what? A fear of a decline? It’s actually hard not to win 6 games. Having to pay more in salary to replace Daz? This makes more sense given that peer schools are now paying 4 million per year. However, the bigger fear is a continued decline in season tickets of an already aging and disinterested fan base. You can’t go on for very long giving away thousands of free tickets.

Time for a change.

Go Eagles!

Ticket revenue is in decline but what killed Bates was fund raising. Jarmond has been better there. I think the increased tv money is more than offsetting the ticket revenue.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flakes on Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:have fun watching the beef o brady's bowl. unless it rains that day

The only thing we can hope for is getting blown out in the Bowl, but if we play someone like Mich State, that's not happening. I'd say Daz is 95% coming back.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby bcshater on Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:25 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:If Daz isn't gone I'll be surprised - why did all the rumors explode out after the ND loss then? It can be just wishful thinking, otherwise we'd have these rumors every year the last few years.

This is a logical conclusion to draw and I’d love it true but this is BC and as we’ve seen Addazio isn’t winning more than 7 games, BC isn’t going to start behaving logically with respect to its two big sports programs. Unfortunately this is playing out like my season prediction, 6-6, shitty bowl win and another paper extension.

Anyone have Jarmond’s email address? I need to express my frustration on a different platform.

ad@bc.edu
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium