2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby hansen on Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 pm

I order cheese pizza once a week... I hope no one is listening to my phone calls!
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -858

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:45 pm

Can we go back to the time when Militant Eagle shut up? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32801
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:04 pm

Conspiracy theory believers suck.
They are one ladder rung above meth smoking tweekers.
User avatar
vegasEagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Karma: 21

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby hansen on Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:01 pm

vegasEagle wrote:Conspiracy theory believers suck.
They are one ladder rung above meth smoking tweekers.


Are there a lot of the former in Vegas?
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -858

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby vegasEagle on Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:53 am

hansen wrote:
vegasEagle wrote:Conspiracy theory believers suck.
They are one ladder rung above meth smoking tweekers.


Are there a lot of the former in Vegas?


Not sure.
I've personally only interacted with a few.
User avatar
vegasEagle
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1713
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:09 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Karma: 21

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:06 am

vegasEagle wrote:Conspiracy theory believers suck.
They are one ladder rung above meth smoking tweekers.


If you can believe that a sex trafficking ring for rich and powerful pedophiles could be run out of a Satanic temple on a private Caribbean island, why would you outright dismiss the idea that a pizza shop could be a front for a similar purpose? Especially when the principals of the conspiracy-you-scoff-at are essentially overlapping with the principals of the conspiracy-you-have-accepted!
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2789
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: 47

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby hansen on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:48 am

Corporal Funishment wrote:
vegasEagle wrote:Conspiracy theory believers suck.
They are one ladder rung above meth smoking tweekers.


If you can believe that a sex trafficking ring for rich and powerful pedophiles could be run out of a Satanic temple on a private Caribbean island, why would you outright dismiss the idea that a pizza shop could be a front for a similar purpose? Especially when the principals of the conspiracy-you-scoff-at are essentially overlapping with the principals of the conspiracy-you-have-accepted!


Mods, please move this to the militant eagle thread
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -858

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby eagle33 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:27 pm

eagle33
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: -221

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:31 pm

Good thing we didn’t make Ryan day the head coach too early

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... rterback-u
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 313

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:48 pm

2001Eagle wrote:Good thing we didn’t make Ryan day the head coach too early

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... rterback-u


I agree.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32801
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:21 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:Good thing we didn’t make Ryan day the head coach too early

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... rterback-u


I agree.


Never change.
Coach hard. Love hard.
User avatar
2001Eagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 313

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:34 pm

2001Eagle wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
2001Eagle wrote:Good thing we didn’t make Ryan day the head coach too early

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... rterback-u


I agree.


Never change.


Ditto.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32801
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:44 pm

Anybody watching the Dazzler crack the rock against Fresno State on CBS Sports Network? It is delightful because he is not our problem anymore.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 365

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 pm

Dick Rosenthal wrote:Anybody watching the Dazzler crack the rock against Fresno State on CBS Sports Network? It is delightful because he is not our problem anymore.


Yes
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32801
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 pm

Watching Daz as a semi-disinterested observer is enlightening. I sometimes thought that perhaps I was letting my emotions get the best of me and that some of my criticisms were unfair. Not any more. My God, he is terrible. His team is undisciplined and unprepared. His QB has some athletic ability—at least vis a vis the MWC—but looks lost at times. He had one successful drive and then promptly abandoned the wrinkle he threw at Fresno State during that drive. His time management still sucks, he punted away to Fresno State with 30 seconds left in the 1st half—a 29 yard shank—and only avoided having Fresno State perched at the 50 yard line, up 24-10, with 30 seconds to work with, by an incomprehensibly dumb penalty by the Bulldogs on the punt. Oh, and his secondary looks completely lost.

My favorite thing is that CSU was the FPI favorite in this game—a 65% chance of winning at kick off. Now Fresno State has a nearly 90% chance of winning.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3820
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 365

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:36 am

twballgame9 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Anybody watching the Dazzler crack the rock against Fresno State on CBS Sports Network? It is delightful because he is not our problem anymore.


Yes


It also saved us money on his buyout.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9272
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1668

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby hansen on Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:41 am

DuchesneEast wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:Anybody watching the Dazzler crack the rock against Fresno State on CBS Sports Network? It is delightful because he is not our problem anymore.


Yes


It also saved us money on his buyout.


Honestly, the firing of Daz, hiring of Hafley, and the immediate hiring of Daz by CSU could not have worked out any better for BC.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -858

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:11 am

billyshelby wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:I'd be alright with Waldron. Most of this board remains retarded. Next dumb ass that talks about the next Coughlin should be banned. Christ.


Why Waldron? Maybe he's a genius, but who knows whether he's mostly just a caretaker for McVay. He seems like a wonk more than a head coach, and stints as a positional coach at Umass don't suggest he has experience selling top recruits. It's nice to imagine a Logan type mind guiding the program, but I don't think we have much evidence that's what he is. And zero idea of whether he has the charisma and makeup to be the face of a program. At least Washington (who I'm not promoting) is known to be an excellent recruiter and understands the college game inside and out and is well respected for being a coach that can relate to players and inspire them (much more important in college than the pros)

We’ll find out a lot more about Waldron next year. He was just hired as Seattle’s offensive coordinator.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15499
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 492

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:43 am

HJS wrote:
billyshelby wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:I'd be alright with Waldron. Most of this board remains retarded. Next dumb ass that talks about the next Coughlin should be banned. Christ.


Why Waldron? Maybe he's a genius, but who knows whether he's mostly just a caretaker for McVay. He seems like a wonk more than a head coach, and stints as a positional coach at Umass don't suggest he has experience selling top recruits. It's nice to imagine a Logan type mind guiding the program, but I don't think we have much evidence that's what he is. And zero idea of whether he has the charisma and makeup to be the face of a program. At least Washington (who I'm not promoting) is known to be an excellent recruiter and understands the college game inside and out and is well respected for being a coach that can relate to players and inspire them (much more important in college than the pros)

We’ll find out a lot more about Waldron next year. He was just hired as Seattle’s offensive coordinator.


Like everyone else in that position, Poodle will let him throw all over the place until Russ throws a bad pick and then Poodle will crack the rock with mediocre RBs and line play to a first round exit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32801
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2489

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:02 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
HJS wrote:
billyshelby wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:I'd be alright with Waldron. Most of this board remains retarded. Next dumb ass that talks about the next Coughlin should be banned. Christ.


Why Waldron? Maybe he's a genius, but who knows whether he's mostly just a caretaker for McVay. He seems like a wonk more than a head coach, and stints as a positional coach at Umass don't suggest he has experience selling top recruits. It's nice to imagine a Logan type mind guiding the program, but I don't think we have much evidence that's what he is. And zero idea of whether he has the charisma and makeup to be the face of a program. At least Washington (who I'm not promoting) is known to be an excellent recruiter and understands the college game inside and out and is well respected for being a coach that can relate to players and inspire them (much more important in college than the pros)

We’ll find out a lot more about Waldron next year. He was just hired as Seattle’s offensive coordinator.


Like everyone else in that position, Poodle will let him throw all over the place until Russ throws a bad pick and then Poodle will crack the rock with mediocre RBs and line play to a first round exit.


Unless it's the Super Bowl and they are a yard from the end zone.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17348
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: -858

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Candidate Thread (this time for reals)

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Al Washington was listed as the top recruiter in the nation recently. He then got an offer to be Tenn’s DC for $1.5mm a year. He turned that down today to stay in Columbus. Look for him to have some sort of coordinator title heading into next season.
This post was made by Corporal Funishment who is currently on your ignore list.
User avatar
HJS
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15499
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 492

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Untitled document