Steve Addazio fan club

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Steve Addazio fan club

Postby eagletx on Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:59 am

Um...well, this is really something.

I recall a promise to contend for ACC championship in Year 5. Yet, here we are in year 7 with an apparent rebuilding project. Perhaps I'm naive, but 7 years in, with all your own guys on board, you should be anticipating the position players you need year to year, and recruit and develop accordingly. Yet, this defense is a bust.

The offensive philosophy seems incoherent, and what has been apparent for 7 years is that situational awareness and appropriate coaching adjustments are nonexistent. QB development the same.

BC just made an historically bad team look good, on a Friday night feature game. And it wasn't a one game abberation. It was a showcase of the greatest hits of 7 years of second rate program management.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Re: Steve Addazio fan club

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:49 pm

It’s obvious that Don Brown is the reason Daz lasted 7 years. Credit to Daz for hiring DB, but this program has regressed since he left for Michigan. From a top 10 defense to a bottom 10 defense.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:12 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:Um...well, this is really something.

I recall a promise to contend for ACC championship in Year 5. Yet, here we are in year 7 with an apparent rebuilding project. Perhaps I'm naive, but 7 years in, with all your own guys on board, you should be anticipating the position players you need year to year, and recruit and develop accordingly. Yet, this defense is a bust.

The offensive philosophy seems incoherent, and what has been apparent for 7 years is that situational awareness and appropriate coaching adjustments are nonexistent. QB development the same.

BC just made an historically bad team look good, on a Friday night feature game. And it wasn't a one game abberation. It was a showcase of the greatest hits of 7 years of second rate program management.

If in fact the ketchup king had built up a program this would be the year we pop for 10 wins because of how bad the ACC is this season.

My prediction was 5-7 and the v-tech game kind of screwed that up but then again I had Kansas as a win. It is possible seeing how bad nc state, su, lville and fsu are he muddles his way to 6 or 7 wins. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby blueline on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:27 am

CORRECTION:

It should be called the "FIRE STEVE ADDAZIO FAN CLUB
blueline
n00b

Postby eagletx on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:31 am

USA Today cites BC embarrassment as the bell weather for ACC this season, suggesting that this weekend's results demonstrate ACC impotence after Clemson.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:06 am

The last thing I’m concerned about is how BC reflects on the rest of the conference.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:08 am

When did the the USA Today start publishing on sundays?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:14 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:USA Today cites BC embarrassment as the bell weather for ACC this season, suggesting that this weekend's results demonstrate ACC impotence after Clemson.

similarly, i assume tennessee is the bell weather for the sec right?

or does it not work that way
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy