Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. Kansas - 9/13/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. Kansas - 9/13/2019

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:23 am

Also, no more Tate Haynes, Mike Palmer or El Attrach. The fact the first two are playing D1 football is astounding to me. El Attrach had major offers but is clueless.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:37 am

Watch Palmer on this play: https://twitter.com/bradleysmart15/stat ... 67201?s=21
Or this one: https://twitter.com/andyheights/status/ ... 26304?s=21

Back to the Sean Sylvia Spencer Rositano days

And Tate Haynes might’ve been worse
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:52 am

Radio silence from Meatbaum and the gang since the 1st quarter
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:09 am

this is the most embarrassing loss i can remember going back 4+ decades. i might be done with bc until this incompetent blowhard gets fired. :bag
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Watch Palmer on this play: https://twitter.com/bradleysmart15/stat ... 67201?s=21

With the former players it was lack of athleticism. These idiots it’s lack of awareness
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Uptown Eagle on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:38 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Watch Palmer on this play: https://twitter.com/bradleysmart15/stat ... 67201?s=21

With the former players it was lack of athleticism. These idiots it’s lack of awareness

Agreed. Palmer stands out to me as the worst of the bunch. I'd like to see what Muse can do.
Uptown Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:41 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:Don't worry. Addazio's going to make adjustments at halftime.

:laugh
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:57 am

Jarmond’s twitter mentions last night and this morning are entertaining
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:22 pm

VT down 14-3 to Furman. It all makes sense now.

We fucking suck, just not as much as VT.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I’m 100% certain we lose to RU next week. Honestly, I don’t see another win on the schedule. The only thing worse will be hearing mouse pushing his apparel collection!

Go Eagles!

As awful as last night was from a football perspective, college football is a week to week game. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them crush Rutgers and beat Wake. Remember we got smoked by Pitt on a Friday Night and beat USC the following week.

Epstein is spot on here. They will roll over Rutgirls.

Btw, who has hijacked Epstein's account? I find myself agreeing with him a lot lately.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:47 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why AJ Dillon only got a handful of touches in the second half.

Also, Anthony Brown. Enough already.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I’m 100% certain we lose to RU next week. Honestly, I don’t see another win on the schedule. The only thing worse will be hearing mouse pushing his apparel collection!

Go Eagles!

As awful as last night was from a football perspective, college football is a week to week game. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them crush Rutgers and beat Wake. Remember we got smoked by Pitt on a Friday Night and beat USC the following week.

Epstein is spot on here. They will roll over Rutgirls.

Btw, who has hijacked Epstein's account? I find myself agreeing with him a lot lately.

Last night pissed me off as much as anyone I’m sure. With that said, I think this was more a product of playing awful than a complete lack of talent
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:09 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm still trying to figure out why AJ Dillon only got a handful of touches in the second half.

Here is a hot-take: AJ Dillon is super over-rated and will be out of the NFL very quickly
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:19 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm still trying to figure out why AJ Dillon only got a handful of touches in the second half.

Here is a hot-take: AJ Dillon is super over-rated and will be out of the NFL very quickly

iRREGARDLESS, he had over 120 yards in the first half. Keep giving him the ball, don't rely on Brown.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby blueline on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:07 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

iRREGARDLESS, he had over 120 yards in the first half. Keep giving him the ball, don't rely on Brown.

Neverrtheless, they made it too obvious BC didn't have any balance on their offense

Giving it to AJ and not using any deception or fakes or play action off Dillon made it easy for the Kansas defense

KU stacked the line and stuffed AJ or any BC runner

BC was horrible on defense and leaving gaps so wide you can drive a truck through the middle

Too much cushion by DBs and KU just looked off the BC DBs and threw quick slants and fades all night long

After BC scored their TD before the half ended that was horrific special teams coverage on the ensuing kickoff return

We were so disgusted by last night

I said 3 years ago or whenever the Emerald Bowl took place, at the GT game in Dublin that this guy has to go but what does BC do ? They extended his contract

LOSER LOSER

Does Jarmond have any pull to fire him ? Or just no balls ?
blueline
n00b

Postby blueline on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:11 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:we were 21 point favorites in this game mind you

You must be mistaken, it looked like KU was favoured by 21
blueline
n00b

Postby blueline on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Heavy running team with bad QB... and that was the defensive gameplan? I’m shocked when coaches are confused against those types of one dimensional offenses. Pooka Williams might be the best running back in the country, anyone who watches film should gameplan Kansas better than that, you think?

The fact we stuck in a 4-3 and didn’t exclusively play Nickel and Dime is criminal. The adjustments were so simple.

It's like not having the right cleats in the pinstripe bowl vs Iowa, pathetic Daz
blueline
n00b

Postby blueline on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:In the preseason thread I said you can win with a good coach, a good QB, and a good kicker. I questioned if we had any of them. Tonight shows we don’t. His is an ultimately embarrassing loss. And should jettison this shithead coach by season’s end.

I'm going to quote my own post from last night to expand on this situation.

It's even more disturbing that you look at these things straight on down from the top and then realize that we are basically cemented in this situation right now. No changes are coming to help us win games. The damage will continue to be heaped upon this program and school as a result.

Start with Leahy, he's going nowhere. He has control of everything. Down to Jarmond, likely his puppet? We don't know how much he can control but either he has control and has chosen to do nothing previously or he's just there to fundraise and has no ability to move the needle on Daz (and Christian!). Down to HIS coach. Jarmond owns this situation right now and that's the bottom line. Daz is going nowhere. We all know this. And then you get to things you can fix in the season - the roster. I don't even know who the fuck our backup QB is but I do know he's so fucking terrible he can't beat out Anthony Brown for the starting job, which is already alarming considering how bad Brown is. We can't even bench our shitty quarterback. How can this asshole not have a viable backup quarterback in Year 7? It's been 7 fucking years of shitty starting QBs with no depth AT ALL at quarterback. It's the most important position in football. Jesus Fucking Christ. And then you have our kicker. Pretty much the same thing... Daz has never been able to put a good kicker on the field. Now the value of a kicker is up for debate, but there is no doubt it will win or lose the close games if you're in them. If nothing else, these two things are a huge indicator of just how terrible of a head coach Addazio is as a head coach of a Division 1 football team.

Not only is there little hope to fix things this season because of the QB situation, but long-term we're stuck in a shitty situation because of Leahy. The only hope is that things get so embarrassing nationally (last night was a good step in this direction) that action must be taken. The athletic department is a fucking embarrassment.

Let's see the attendance figures for the rest of the year after this shitshow.

As far as kicking, kicking FG from the hash mark or angle kicks are likely to fail if you observe the kicking game over the years.

The one kick made was placed in the middle of the field. This is another failure of Daz or lack of observation on his kickers

Thank God most home games will be done by end of September

Fully agree on Leahy, it starts from the top where the head rots
blueline
n00b

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:04 pm

blueline {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Neverrtheless, they made it too obvious BC didn't have any balance on their offense

Giving it to AJ and not using any deception or fakes or play action off Dillon made it easy for the Kansas defense

KU stacked the line and stuffed AJ or any BC runner

BC was horrible on defense and leaving gaps so wide you can drive a truck through the middle

Too much cushion by DBs and KU just looked off the BC DBs and threw quick slants and fades all night long

After BC scored their TD before the half ended that was horrific special teams coverage on the ensuing kickoff return

We were so disgusted by last night

I said 3 years ago or whenever the Emerald Bowl took place, at the GT game in Dublin that this guy has to go but what does BC do ? They extended his contract

LOSER LOSER

Does Jarmond have any pull to fire him ? Or just no balls ?

Out of Jarmond’s hands. Leahy approves even the smallest details, like the look and color scheme of lockers, never mind multi-million dollar, high-profile personnel decisions. Simply doesn’t allow his employees to do their jobs.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:23 am

Leahy doesn't care how the teams perform as long as we continue to graduate players and there are no major scandals. And if there were a major scandal, he'd be more likely to scrap everything and go FCS than actually make any commitment to athletics.

He is also apparently content to oversee BC's drop from a top 30 school to ranked top 40 alongside schools such as UC Davis and UC Irvine.

We can only hope that the Board (unlikely) and Northeast Province sense it is time for a change before anything actually happens.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:15 am

I've still yet to see any evidence of the Leahy agenda people drive here.

Addazio is being paid north of $3 million per year, fix your defense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 am

Bill is only 71 years old. There is no other job in the offing. There is no family to spend his remaining days with. He is at BC until his faculties begin to fail. 2021 represents his 25th anniversary. I cannot imagine his exit before that.

It is the responsibility of the Board to begin resting control from him. However, the Board is largely a feckless group afraid to make waves. It is populated by folks who view the appointment as a trophy validating their business accomplishments. As currently constituted, the Board's chief responsibility is to provide an eager rubber stamp. It is the academic version of Tesla (with Leahy playing the role of Musk).

It seems that Jarmond has worked within this political bubble to financially position BC with the ability to move on from both Daz and Christian. However, when that determination is made is outside his purview. Similarly, the monies paid to the replacement are also outside his control. While I do believe Marty has a good amount of leeway as to who he can interview and recommend, Fr. Leahy holds veto power (and as such can influence the search's direction should he so choose).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:26 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Also, no more Tate Haynes, Mike Palmer or El Attrach. The fact the first two are playing D1 football is astounding to me. El Attrach had major offers but is clueless.

Who else do we have??
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:11 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Bill is only 71 years old. There is no other job in the offing. There is no family to spend his remaining days with. He is at BC until his faculties begin to fail. 2021 represents his 25th anniversary. I cannot imagine his exit before that.

It is the responsibility of the Board to begin resting control from him. However, the Board is largely a feckless group afraid to make waves. It is populated by folks who view the appointment as a trophy validating their business accomplishments. As currently constituted, the Board's chief responsibility is to provide an eager rubber stamp. It is the academic version of Tesla (with Leahy playing the role of Musk).

It seems that Jarmond has worked within this political bubble to financially position BC with the ability to move on from both Daz and Christian. However, when that determination is made is outside his purview. Similarly, the monies paid to the replacement are also outside his control. While I do believe Marty has a good amount of leeway as to who he can interview and recommend, Fr. Leahy holds veto power (and as such can influence the search's direction should he so choose).

Serious question - does it even matter at this point? The decision-making since Jags was fired is an uninterrupted years-long peapod of turd. Not hiring Logan was THE WORST. Then Gene, Bates, Spaz, Tranquill, the punch dude, the other dude, Daz, whoever those two bouncy-ball fucknuts are (were), etc, etc, and anyone who owns any piece of it should be stripped of clothes, money, family, possessions, name, handcuffed to Bob Diaco, and then exiled. Not just fired: exiled, somewhere truly awful. The BOT sucks.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:56 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Also, no more Tate Haynes, Mike Palmer or El Attrach. The fact the first two are playing D1 football is astounding to me. El Attrach had major offers but is clueless.

Who else do we have??

I'm not at practice every day. This secondary is descending back into the Spaz days of Rositano & Slyvia. Did we stop recruiting athletes in the secondary?

Try Elijah Jones at the other CB across from Sebastian. He's looked promising in limited time. Tate Haynes couldn't cover me.

In the Nickel (yes you need to take one of those slow LBs off the field) try Matire. If you must play Haynes, play him at Nickel and have him blitzing a lot off the edge (see Todd Bowles defense).

I don't have a solution at safety. They're all pretty awful.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:02 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Who else do we have??

I'm not at practice every day. This secondary is descending back into the Spaz days of Rositano & Slyvia. Did we stop recruiting athletes in the secondary?

Try Elijah Jones at the other CB across from Sebastian. He's looked promising in limited time. Tate Haynes couldn't cover me.

In the Nickel (yes you need to take one of those slow LBs off the field) try Matire. If you must play Haynes, play him at Nickel and have him blitzing a lot off the edge (see Todd Bowles defense).

We also lost Camp. That has got to have something to do with the awful secondary play.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:54 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Who else do we have??

We also lost Camp. That has got to have something to do with the awful secondary play.

Camp had athletes to work with as players. This current group is poorly coached but is also severely lacking in speed and athleticism.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 am

Worst loss since 1995? Worst loss in over 40 years? WTF? Do people really not remember the "Game That Shall Not be Named" in 2004? I cried myself to sleep three nights straight after that loss to those orange nutsacks.

This loss was just another entry in the poopfolio of Daz shitshows, but it's not even top 5 in the last 20 years, which is an indictment in itself, unfortunately.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:10 am

Los {l Wrote}:Worst loss since 1995? Worst loss in over 40 years? WTF? Do people really not remember the "Game That Shall Not be Named" in 2004? I cried myself to sleep three nights straight after that loss to those orange nutsacks.

This loss was just another entry in the poopfolio of Daz shitshows, but it's not even top 5 in the last 20 years, which is an indictment in itself, unfortunately.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:24 am

Los {l Wrote}: poopfolio

I like this word. Makes me smile.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium