Richmond Week

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Richmond Week

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:20 am

Hopefully similar to hc / umass last year where it's 1-2 quarters for anthony and then vallecce, groessel, sam johnson time and a max of 10 carries for aj.

Mcduffie despite being listed starter didn't play last week, he's listed as OR this week w sparacio: https://bceagles.com/documents/2019/8/2 ... _Notes.pdf (no meatbaum)

i didn't notice any new injuries on saturday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Richmond Week

Postby BC923 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:55 am

This should be a pretty easy one.

I’ll be watching the DL. Most of our pressure came on some interesting blitzes, which was nice to see after the pretty vanilla defense we played under Reid. I don’t think we’ll put that on tape against Richmond. I want to see some more plays made by the DEs against Richmond. I was actually impressed by the DTs, especially Rayam, but we need some improvement on the edge.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:23 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Hopefully similar to hc / umass last year where it's 1-2 quarters for anthony and then vallecce, groessel, sam johnson time and a max of 10 carries for aj.

Mcduffie despite being listed starter didn't play last week, he's listed as OR this week w sparacio: https://bceagles.com/documents/2019/8/2 ... _Notes.pdf (no meatbaum)

Claver, McDuffie was not in pads for the VTech game he was on the sidelines wearing his jersey.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:32 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Hopefully similar to hc / umass last year where it's 1-2 quarters for anthony and then vallecce, groessel, sam johnson time and a max of 10 carries for aj.

Claver, McDuffie was not in pads for the VTech game he was on the sidelines wearing his jersey.

they beat jacksonville 38 - 19 last week. whatever that means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvFuUaCe8eY

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:41 pm

My younger cousin was going to BC then switched to Richmond. Then switched again to Wake Forest.

I hope we rocket ship both teams because I’m spiteful.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:15 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:30 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Mcduffie despite being listed starter didn't play last week, he's listed as OR this week w sparacio: https://bceagles.com/documents/2019/8/2 ... _Notes.pdf (no meatbaum)

Did McDuffie dress Saturday?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby blueline on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:05 pm

It will be automatic W and I am looking ahead to the Kansas Friday night game.

It's just weird to play 2/3 home games in September

The 2nd half of season schedule is brutal basically all road games almost
blueline
n00b

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:22 pm

Sparacio looked very good. Solid in coverage
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:35 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:My younger cousin was going to BC then switched to Richmond. Then switched again to Wake Forest.

I hope we rocket ship both teams because I’m spiteful.

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Richmond is bad for a FCS team. This is going to be a beating
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:56 pm

needless to say bc has upgraded from vinnybeaconfavrebluetomato: https://twitter.com/BCFootball/status/1 ... 6176619524
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:needless to say bc has upgraded from vinnybeaconfavrebluetomato: https://twitter.com/BCFootball/status/1 ... 6176619524

I'm embarrassed that Daz thinks that was a "statement win." We beat a mediocre to bad team by 7 points with a 5-1 TO margin. It's even more pathetic that Daz puckered his sphincter at halftime and employed the play not to lose game. That same pussified attitude will surely cost the team at least 2 possible wins.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Richmond is bad for a FCS team. This is going to be a beating

You're a moron.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:00 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Richmond is bad for a FCS team. This is going to be a beating

You're a moron.

Huh?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:59 am

They were picked to finish 10th in the CAA preseason poll and sucked last year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:30 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Mcduffie despite being listed starter didn't play last week, he's listed as OR this week w sparacio: https://bceagles.com/documents/2019/8/2 ... _Notes.pdf (no meatbaum)

Did McDuffie dress Saturday?

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:

NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 am

daz said it's week to week w mcduffie

someone said he was walking w a pretty decent limp on saturday

i guess the moral is don't put much of any stock in the 2 deep
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:45 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:needless to say bc has upgraded from vinnybeaconfavrebluetomato: https://twitter.com/BCFootball/status/1 ... 6176619524

I'm embarrassed that Daz thinks that was a "statement win." We beat a mediocre to bad team by 7 points with a 5-1 TO margin.

That mediocre to bad team wins 8 games this year.

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:It's even more pathetic that Daz puckered his sphincter at halftime and employed the play not to lose game.

That "pussified attitude" worked. :shrug

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:That same pussified attitude will surely cost the team at least 2 possible wins.

Going turtle with a 2 TD lead at half-time costing us at least 2 possible wins? Lets hope we have the opportunity to test that theory of yours.

I fucking hate Addazio. But I don't hate him for some of the reasons many of you here hate him. On game day, he's not a bad coach. He doesn't have much to work with and (at the moment) he is maximizing that production from mostly marginal players. The fact that all we have are mostly marginal players is the reason why I hate him.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BC96 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

I'm embarrassed that Daz thinks that was a "statement win." We beat a mediocre to bad team by 7 points with a 5-1 TO margin.

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:It's even more pathetic that Daz puckered his sphincter at halftime and employed the play not to lose game.

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:That same pussified attitude will surely cost the team at least 2 possible wins.

Going turtle with a 2 TD lead at half-time costing us at least 2 possible wins? Lets hope we have the opportunity to test that theory of yours.

I fucking hate Addazio. But I don't hate him for some of the reasons many of you here hate him. On game day, he's not a bad coach. He doesn't have much to work with and (at the moment) he is maximizing that production from mostly marginal players. The fact that all we have are mostly marginal players is the reason why I hate him.

He is not a bad game day coach, he is much worse than that. The 3 runs ups the middle at the end of the game were absurd; the only reason Virginia Tech didn't get the ball back with 75 second left is AJ Dillon was able to spin his way to a first down on 3rd and 8.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 am

Yes IB, our players are marginal because, while the NFL likes them, TGOSB is not such a fan. You’re right.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:58 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:They were picked to finish 10th in the CAA preseason poll and sucked last year.

Hence TWB is a moron
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:06 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:

It also fails to work 1-3 times per year so it's bad on process grounds and results grounds
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:08 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

He is not a bad game day coach, he is much worse than that. The 3 runs ups the middle at the end of the game were absurd; the only reason Virginia Tech didn't get the ball back with 75 second left is AJ Dillon was able to spin his way to a first down on 3rd and 8.

3 runs right up the middle, with 2 minutes to go, a 7 point lead, and a willingness to force your opponent to consume their 2 remaining time outs is exactly, PRECISELY the calls that needed to be made. 3 runs right up the middle are critical for a variety of reasons:

• It minimizes the likelihood of a fumble on hand-off almost all the way down to zero (which is most important)
  • It forces the opponent to burn their time outs
  • It guarantees the team on offense has the opportunity to take the most time off the clock in between plays (never out of bounds)
  • It gives the offensive line confidence knowing that you have confidence in them and most of all
  • one chance in three, you will break a tackle and get the first down and win the game (which is what happened)

Sometimes turtling and doing the most obvious thing, is the right thing to do. In Addazio's many painful losses (many, for they are legion) rarely is he losing because he is doing the most obvious thing, turtling. You are getting your bad BC coaches (and the reasons for their losses) mixed up. Unfortunately that list of bad coaches (and losses) is ALSO legion.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:15 pm

One thing more, right now everyone posting on this board is HAPPY about BC football. Maybe we are not thrilled, maybe we are sour on the coach and our chances at making noise in the conference. But this week we are happy. We are not happy because BC is about to butcher Richmond. We are happy solely because BC beat vpi. It is comforting knowing that BC is 1-0 (the best they could possibly be) going into FCS week with Richmond. That is good. We all had a good weekend.

Complaining about turtling and doing the most likely thing in a vanilla ending to a game that BC won, that is just looking for a reason to be angry. Rest assured guys, we will have plenty of reasons to be angry with Addazio this year. This Saturday is not one of those reasons.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:21 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:They were picked to finish 10th in the CAA preseason poll and sucked last year.

Hence TWB is a moron

Seriously Epstein, put him on foe. He's just a troll.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Polls

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:38 pm

#40 in the AP and 37 in Coaches :cheer
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Re: Polls

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:#40 in the AP and 37 in Coaches :cheer

I was actually hoping for slightly better than that. I thought we had a good win vs a solid P5 program.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:30 pm

It's the best conference in FCS. The worst CAA team is better than 70+% of FCS.

BC should romp but not because this is a bad FCS opponent.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:33 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Yes IB, our players are marginal because, while the NFL likes them, TGOSB is not such a fan. You’re right.

This.

He'd tell you to foe him because he's just a troll, but I think he's a entertaining idiot.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium