Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. VT - 8/31/2019

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. VT - 8/31/2019

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:49 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
blueline {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Lots of empty parking spots on campus.

Really ? Lower campus was all gone and I had to park by Waul House this season.

not sure which area you are referencing with empty spots but i believe a lot of the passes are given to people who either don't tailgate or don't come to the game

i used to park on lower brighton, was a great set up and good deal. now moved up to comm ave garage and you'll see people pulling in 20 minutes before kickoff

I was talking about the spaces around the old Rec Plex. Lots of empty spaces in that area before the game and I don't think they filled up. BC needs to lower the price for parking and get rid of DBS. The pricing model needs to reflect demand.

Incorrect. Everyone of those spaces is assigned.

So you can confirm all of those spots have been assigned to donors with season tickets? What about Shea? I thought it was pretty empty about 2 hours before kickoff as well. I don't know if it filled up.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:12 am

Think about it. Those spots on lower campus are for the highest paying donors. They also happen to be the population most likely to be away during Labor Day weekend.

This is a stupid conversation.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:33 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Think about it. Those spots on lower campus are for the highest paying donors. They also happen to be the population most likely to be away during Labor Day weekend.

I won't pay much attention to a person who no longer attends BC games at Alumni. You are also free to ignore the conversation.

If BC is offering 4 free tickets to season ticket holders for VT, then you know demand is down.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:36 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:i agree w domingo, just because those spots don't have cars in them doesn't mean people didn't pay for them.

If you have the money to pay for one of those spots (they're pretty expensive), you probably have something better to do on Labor Day Weekend.

Exactly... Those Nantucket reds are going to wear themselves!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:28 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Think about it. Those spots on lower campus are for the highest paying donors. They also happen to be the population most likely to be away during Labor Day weekend.

I won't pay much attention to a person who no longer attends BC games at Alumni. You are also free to ignore the conversation.

If BC is offering 4 free tickets to season ticket holders for VT, then you know demand is down.

Individual ticket demand probably has minimal correlation to season long parking spot demand. There are about 10 spots on Shea now, so that's also a shitty proxy to use. As is a fullness of spots for a home game over Labor Day in the rich guy area of the lot. I'm in the poor person lot, for example, and even our spot was not used. My sole butler didn't even want to go.

Though it may be a conspiracy against something or other.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

I won't pay much attention to a person who no longer attends BC games at Alumni.

You should pay attention to a person who no longer attends BC games at Alumni... especially, if he was one of the very guys who had a spot on lower campus that would often go unused.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:12 am

hockeyruption rightfully gets shit on for it's lack of football coverage but i thought this was good:

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/9/4 ... m-phillips

also GASSON LEVEL DONOR!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hockeyruption rightfully gets shit on for it's lack of football coverage but i thought this was good:

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/9/4 ... m-phillips

also GASSON LEVEL DONOR!

This was actually good. Glad Rayam got some recognition, I thought he was really good
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Bailey is a truck and can catch passes out of the backfield. Needs to get more snaps.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:30 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Individual ticket demand probably has minimal correlation to season long parking spot demand. There are about 10 spots on Shea now, so that's also a shitty proxy to use. As is a fullness of spots for a home game over Labor Day in the rich guy area of the lot. I'm in the poor person lot, for example, and even our spot was not used. My sole butler didn't even want to go.

Did you confirm all of that with Snopes first?

People are acting like we've never had a home game on Labor Day weekend before and therefore there is no comparison. At the end of the day, there is almost always an excuse for lack of attendance and these excuses are teed up nicely for the first three games (half of the home slate). Labor Day, weak opponent/rain, and Friday night game. People think Wake and NCSU are boring too so I guess the only time we can judge attendance will be the FSU game. But it might be cold so maybe we shouldn't judge attendance for that game either.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:00 pm

The issue is you are using the same thought process that leads to believing all the conspiracies you so espouse as fact. Start with a conclusion and work your way back. You may ultimately be right. I have no idea but, then again, neither do you. Given those spots are filled up every year with people who are generally of well to do means, I'm going to go with the safe assumption that they are filled and these people had better things to do that weekend. If they weren't filled up, I imagine BC would do similar "promotions" as individual games of giving people "discounts" to upgrade from, say, Brighton to wherever for a nominal additional donation. To my knowledge, that has not happened.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:45 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The issue is you are using the same thought process that leads to believing all the conspiracies you so espouse as fact. Start with a conclusion and work your way back. You may ultimately be right. I have no idea but, then again, neither do you. Given those spots are filled up every year with people who are generally of well to do means, I'm going to go with the safe assumption that they are filled and these people had better things to do that weekend. If they weren't filled up, I imagine BC would do similar "promotions" as individual games of giving people "discounts" to upgrade from, say, Brighton to wherever for a nominal additional donation. To my knowledge, that has not happened.

Try reading my post again and addressing the points. And try to do it without demonstrating butt-hurt about being wrong on the topic of John McCain meeting with terrorists.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I did. You think nobody bought parking by the old Plex. Which one would buy for the entire season. Hence one game does not equate to something not being sold. You are taking a small sample, pulling an IB, and declaring a definite. Please point out (specifically if you can) where I’m wrong.

Maybe they were all at a gamewatch in the Comet Ping Pong basement.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:04 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Did you confirm all of that with Snopes first?

People are acting like we've never had a home game on Labor Day weekend before and therefore there is no comparison. At the end of the day, there is almost always an excuse for lack of attendance and these excuses are teed up nicely for the first three games (half of the home slate). Labor Day, weak opponent/rain, and Friday night game. People think Wake and NCSU are boring too so I guess the only time we can judge attendance will be the FSU game. But it might be cold so maybe we shouldn't judge attendance for that game either.

In summary BC fans suck.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:40 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

As season ticket holders we didn't even pretend like we'd attend. To much effort for this program. They'd better hope it doesn't rain too hard this weekend.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:49 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I did. You think nobody bought parking by the old Plex. Which one would buy for the entire season. Hence one game does not equate to something not being sold. You are taking a small sample, pulling an IB, and declaring a definite.

stop obsessing over me

get a life
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:55 pm

BC is already giving away 4 free tickets to NC State game for season ticket holders.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:34 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I did. You think nobody bought parking by the old Plex. Which one would buy for the entire season. Hence one game does not equate to something not being sold. You are taking a small sample, pulling an IB, and declaring a definite.

stop obsessing over me

get a life

Stop posting stupid shit all over a 10 person message board and getting butthurt when people call you a dumbass.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:37 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

stop obsessing over me

get a life

Stop posting stupid shit all over a 10 person message board and getting butthurt when people call you a dumbass.

I am not butt hurt. I don't make stupid posts. But you ARE obsessed with me. That is unless you think everyone makes a sex tape. :popcorn
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 am

That post gives me so much confusion.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:12 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:That post gives me so much confusion.

So you are confused? Imagine my surprise about someone so quick to label someone else a "dumbass" that you can't even remember what you condescendingly type about me.

Sincerely, have a great weekend elvii.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:15 pm

1) Anyone who claims they don't make stupid posts inherently makes stupid posts. Simply saying that is a stupid post.
2) Brooklyn Nine-Nine
3) The nice guy act is funny in light of your lack of comfort around anybody that isn't a straight, white, American, conservative male
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:19 pm

This is like watching Notre Dame football play Duke basketball; so confused.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Oh, hey everyone, it's the half-Eeyore, half-Jay Sherman mythical creature popping out to say hello.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Yup, you're Duke.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:33 pm

This :slapfight bores me.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:32 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:1) Anyone who claims they don't make stupid posts inherently makes stupid posts. Simply saying that is a stupid post.
2) Brooklyn Nine-Nine
3) The nice guy act is funny in light of your lack of comfort around anybody that isn't a straight, white, American, conservative male

This is a message board. You can't claim any of these things. You do not know me. You and I will never meet. You have no idea what kind of company I keep, who is part of my social circle. Now who is being the dumbass?

Look I don't care. Think whatever you want. Knock yourself out. I don't claim to know anything about you (nor do I care.) So I am not going to label you because I don't know you. Go ahead and think whatever you want about me and (on principle and assumptions) you can stand by an assertion that justifies your derogatory statements. Or, instead of jumping to irrational conclusions based on nothing, you can realize that your insults were unwarranted and you can apologize. Its up to you.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:This :slapfight bores me.

just indicative of how shit the banter is. kindergarten level stuff.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:43 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I did. You think nobody bought parking by the old Plex. Which one would buy for the entire season. Hence one game does not equate to something not being sold. You are taking a small sample, pulling an IB, and declaring a definite. Please point out (specifically if you can) where I’m wrong.

Maybe they were all at a gamewatch in the Comet Ping Pong basement.

You failed.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:13 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:This :slapfight bores me.

just indicative of how shit the banter is. kindergarten level stuff.

this is not a slap fight. this is me correcting a young pup who is acting immaturely. I haven't given up on him yet the way I have Teddy.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium