2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:10 pm

E. Not enough information is available to solve this problem.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:58 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:How did Stanford work out for Harrington’s kid? I could fully understand if Addazio were still the coach, but with Hafley this is the best time since Coughlin to go to BC.

Go Eagles!

Stop. Going to BC over Stanford is stupid.

troll

Lol. Homer douchebag.

I think you're lost. Here you go: http://bigpurplefans.ipbhost.com

I'm not lost. Send your kids to BC instead of Stanford. Yeah. Thought not.

Perhaps all recruits should go to Harvard and Yale

Only if they want a job.

But not the best decision if they want to make millions in the NFL

Lol yeah, BC is feeding kids to the NFL. Go Costanzo.

So I guess the cornerback who chose BC over Florida should go to Stanford? Or is he right that the current BC coaching staff will give him the best chance at the NFL?

Stop.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:07 am

hansen {l Wrote}:E. Not enough information is available to solve this problem.

Always.

I will say if you are a DB recruit BC is the place to be right now. I can comfortably say that has never been the case before.

Stanford is better academically but BC is no slouch, we arent comparing SMU to Stanford. Also, depends what you want to do, where is your alumni network going to help more, etc. Someone like Kendall would get a job where ever he wanted with a BC degree. We look after our own. Also, there is an advantage of staying on the East Coast.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:35 am

I think all recruits should go to BC. Most don't. This is just grumpy whalepants feeling jilted over a kid that might choose Stanford because they feel it is an offense to alma mater. It is not.

I hope he picks BC so they can be vindicated this time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:55 am

BC has an excellent national academic reputation, as does Stanford, Northwestern, ND, Vanderbilt, etc. It’s not academics that will lead a recruit to choose one school over another in this group. It’s the coaching staff primarily that makes the difference. Location plays a role as well, some kids want to get away. If they plan on living in the Boston area after their playing days are over, local kids are better off going to BC.

Whatever Kendall’s final choice is, it will not be due to academics with this group of schools. He will get a great education at either BC, Stanford or Michigan.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:32 am

Stanford does not have an undergrad business school. BC's is elite. So there's that.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:33 pm

This is dumb. Stanford is Stanford. I will never have a problem with a kid picking Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Northerwestern or the Ivies over BC. The best student-athletes should go to the best academic schools. If that ideal held, BC would be fighting for Top 10 classes with Wake, USC, UVA and ND. In my mind, the issue is not athletes picking Stanford over BC, it is picking Clemson over BC.

That said, I don’t think you can ever go wrong with choosing BC (unless you’re someone with criminal proclivities or no interests in academics). Hafley has a Coughlin-like feel to him in a “right time, right place” sorta way. David Shaw is also an excellent coach and supposed to be a good guy. But, there seems to be some upheaval going on there (along with disappointing seasons). Both are at risk of being poached by the NFL (but so is any good coach).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:This is dumb. Stanford is Stanford. I will never have a problem with a kid picking Stanford, Duke, Vandy, Northerwestern or the Ivies over BC. The best student-athletes should go to the best academic schools. If that ideal held, BC would be fighting for Top 10 classes with Wake, USC, UVA and ND. In my mind, the issue is not athletes picking Stanford over BC, it is picking Clemson over BC.

That said, I don’t think you can ever go wrong with choosing BC (unless you’re someone with criminal proclivities or no interests in academics). Hafley has a Coughlin-like feel to him in a “right time, right place” sorta way. David Shaw is also an excellent coach and supposed to be a good guy. But, there seems to be some upheaval going on there (along with disappointing seasons). Both are at risk of being poached by the NFL (but so is any good coach).

Don’t think Hafley wants to be an NFL coach. He’s said numerous times in interviews that he likes college better because the focus is more on player relationships which he missed in the NFL. Could the right deal Financially convince him? Sure, but my point is that he’s not one of those guys doing college solely as a means to an ends. I just hope that when he starts winning Leahy-hoo makes a reasonable effort to keep him here.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:43 am

And David Shinskie is at risk of declaring for the NFL draft early.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:14 pm

Based on the tweets on the Twitter verse seems like we just picked up another commit.

Edit: Looks like it’s a 2022 commit. Carry on
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:05 pm

Tony Muse accepted a PWO offer.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagles66 on Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:45 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:Stanford does not have an undergrad business school. BC's is elite. So there's that.

This was beyond dumb.

I love BC. But if my kid is between Stanford or BC and he’s not a top 6 forward, top 4 defensemen or starting goalie, it’s a not brainer.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:04 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:Stanford does not have an undergrad business school. BC's is elite. So there's that.

This was beyond dumb.

I love BC. But if my kid is between Stanford or BC and he’s not a top 6 forward, top 4 defensemen or starting goalie, it’s a not brainer.

Glad it's a not brainer.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:39 pm

I don't know what recruiting letters said under Addazio, but I like the closing statement in Hafley's letter in terms of aiming for an ACC and national championship.

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:37 am

Not to nitpick, but the BCS has been defunct for 6 years now. Should probably update that to say “Power 5” or something along those lines. Otherwise, I agree. Nice to see this coaching administration set the bar high for once.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:14 am

I hate that logo on top, switch to the retro one.

I wish the trim was more maroon than red.

Is there a water mark or at least heavy glossy paper suitable for framing?

Why the word football on the top right.

WHY THE HELL ARE WE USING ARIAL and not Helvetica.

Damn it we half ass everything!
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Los on Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:40 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I hate that logo on top, switch to the retro one.

I clearly stated in the first three words of my post that I was nitpicking and overall I really liked the letter. I guess you have to either hate something completely or go full pants off for something on this board. No middle ground allowed. For fuck's sake.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:34 pm

Looks like 247 is predicting us to flip Casey Phinney (a LB from Mass) from Michigan. I don't have a view on his as a player but always good optics to flip guys from factories and nice to see Hafley is able to keep a player home if he wants them (debates about MA players aside). It would be nice to not lose the top tier of MA/CT to Michigan if they want them.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Phinney was a guy who wasn’t a take earlier in the process, but plays with and is good friends with Kendall. Probably lost his spot at UM when it became clear that Kendall wasn’t going to end up there, and so I’d take this as a positive sign on the Kendall front.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:56 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Phinney was a guy who wasn’t a take earlier in the process, but plays with and is good friends with Kendall. Probably lost his spot at UM when it became clear that Kendall wasn’t going to end up there, and so I’d take this as a positive sign on the Kendall front.

The Kendall situation sure does sound like a BC/Stanford battle. His buddy flipping to us is certainly a positive development.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:05 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:Phinney was a guy who wasn’t a take earlier in the process, but plays with and is good friends with Kendall. Probably lost his spot at UM when it became clear that Kendall wasn’t going to end up there, and so I’d take this as a positive sign on the Kendall front.

He was a take at Michigan before they were ever really in the race for Kendall. Phinney has always wanted BC the staff just wasn’t sold at the start. If he could’ve committed to BC when he made his commitment to Michigan it’s pretty safe to say he never would’ve been committed to Michigan in the first place.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:51 pm

Los {l Wrote}:

I clearly stated in the first three words of my post that I was nitpicking and overall I really liked the letter. I guess you have to either hate something completely or go full pants off for something on this board. No middle ground allowed. For fuck's sake.

I didnt think i was hating it, i just thought it could be better. Those are basic things I pointed out and some were tongue in cheek. Relax Francis.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:01 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:

I didnt think i was hating it, i just thought it could be better. Those are basic things I pointed out and some were tongue in cheek. Relax Francis.

I appreciated your constructive criticism
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Some serious disconnect in this thread. I get what all of you are saying even if all of you don't.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:43 am

Someone committed per Joe Sullivan on twitter
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:06 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Someone committed per Joe Sullivan on twitter

Casey Phinney
https://twitter.com/caseyphinney/status ... 9751981056
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:27 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

Casey Phinney

Isn't this who Michigan offered essentially to lure Kendall ?? I wonder if this means Kendall is imminent to BC and Michigan pulled offer
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Kendall can’t be terribly impressed by Applebaum’s performance.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby yurch10 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:23 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

Casey Phinney

Isn't this who Michigan offered essentially to lure Kendall ?? I wonder if this means Kendall is imminent to BC and Michigan pulled offer

Exactly what happened according to my boss who's a huge Michigan fan. But committing to BC might mean good things with Kendall.

Seems he only had UMass offer and Ivies, so not sure he's much of a talent himself.
yurch10
n00b

Postby Primetime on Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:56 pm

yurch10 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:

Casey Phinney

Exactly what happened according to my boss who's a huge Michigan fan. But committing to BC might mean good things with Kendall.

Seems he only had UMass offer and Ivies, so not sure he's much of a talent himself.

I get that Don Brown has an obsession with poaching NE talent, but isn't it odd that Michigan, with a seemingly national recruiting presence, can afford to go 2-for-1 to try to lure Drew Kendall?

Think that says more about them than us, but if they considered Phinney offerable, that's a good get.
Primetime
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium