2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:49 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
OCs_Inner_Eagle wrote:
hansen wrote:
HJS wrote:
claver2010 wrote:lead hip fluidity evaluator at 247 predicted virginia ATH Jamareeh Jones to BC. offers from wv, maryland, unc, nd, pitt, tennessee & vandy.

being recruited as a wr.

how many wr's have we had recently that had sec offers?

Someone thinks there is a flag that UVA didn’t offer.


Are people really still on the Hafley-and-staff-cant-identify-good-talent ship? I would have thought that ship had sailed based on the number of big name schools trying to poach our talent?


Agreed. We can all envision numerous Power-5 HCs and RCs holding recruiting meetings with their staffs and saying: "Pfft. You think I care that kid is committed to [i]Boston College!!??? That's not like trying to yank him from Clemson or Alabama or someone. Go get him.[/i]"

It will be stressful trying to keep these guys on-board, but I'd rather be in this position. Over time that will diminish as schools learn BC commits are solid rather than just locking in a spot while they search for something "better".


we've had multiple decommits


But only 2 that had committed to JH.


So if we factor out those 2, plus the other ones, plus the ones that will but haven't at this time, our commits are rock solid on BC
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -164

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 pm

Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:32 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.


It's funny to me that we end up with the 60th ranked class every year but the first couple of times each new coach does it people get so excited.
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -164

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:36 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.


It's funny to me that we end up with the 60th ranked class every year but the first couple of times each new coach does it people get so excited.


contrary to what you and IB think, I'll say it again that Daz's problem wasn't recruiting talent. he did a greta job of turning 8-4 regular season teams into 6-6 with his awesome coaching skills.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: 319

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:10 pm

hansen wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.


It's funny to me that we end up with the 60th ranked class every year but the first couple of times each new coach does it people get so excited.


contrary to what you and IB think, I'll say it again that Daz's problem wasn't recruiting talent. he did a greta job of turning 8-4 regular season teams into 6-6 with his awesome coaching skills.


Thank you for that post addressing a completely different topic than the one being discussed, in which you ascribe to me a position I never held, and espouse an opinion that is entirely unoriginal. IB runs circles around you and he's a fat moron lying for attention. Think about that!
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -164

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:50 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
hansen wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.


It's funny to me that we end up with the 60th ranked class every year but the first couple of times each new coach does it people get so excited.


contrary to what you and IB think, I'll say it again that Daz's problem wasn't recruiting talent. he did a greta job of turning 8-4 regular season teams into 6-6 with his awesome coaching skills.


Thank you for that post addressing a completely different topic than the one being discussed, in which you ascribe to me a position I never held, and espouse an opinion that is entirely unoriginal. IB runs circles around you and he's a fat moron lying for attention. Think about that!


:bored

60th ranked recruiting class every year implies Daz could not recruit any better than Spaz and Spaz could not recruit (too busy watching Hingham LL games), which thus implies Daz could not recruit.

as for me espousing unoriginal opinions... are you just realizing that now? only took you 10+ years to figure it out. fucking Einstein right here.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: 319

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:51 pm

hansen wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.


It's funny to me that we end up with the 60th ranked class every year but the first couple of times each new coach does it people get so excited.


contrary to what you and IB think, I'll say it again that Daz's problem wasn't recruiting talent. he did a greta job of turning 8-4 regular season teams into 6-6 with his awesome coaching skills.


who is the QB hansen? In 7 years how many of his QB recruits played professional football? How many NFL caliber defensive tackles did Daz recruit? How about wide outs, how good were they? Did any of Addazio's defensive backfield recruits impress you all that much?

I'll admit, Daz did recruit a couple very good running backs. It remains to be seen exactly how much of an NFL career they will have. But I don't want to hear from you (or any of you) how talented his teams were.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17523
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -110

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:23 pm

It appears that you deleted your response post Hansen. You asked an important question in it, so lets answer it. How many of Addazio's recruits went into the NFL? Well....

2017
John Johnson
Los Angeles Rams
DB

Matt Milano
Buffalo Bills
LB

2018
Harold Landry
Tennessee Titans
LB

Isaac Yiadom
Denver Broncos
DB

Kamrin Moore
New Orleans Saints
DB

2019
Chris Lindstrom
Atlanta Falcons
G

Zach Allen
Arizona Cardinals
DE

Will Harris
Detroit Lions
DB

Tommy Sweeney
Buffalo Bills
TE

2020
A. J. Dillon
Green Bay Packers
RB

Okay so I think that is it.

I don't know for sure if Matt Millano or John Johnson were recruited by Addazio or his staff. But I will give him credit for those guys.

Kamrin Moore is no longer employed. I think the rest are still in the NFL. 2019, excellent showing for Addazio. Two defensive ends over this period is pretty nice (one who had his college career cut short to injury), but overall with just one first rounder and a couple second rounders over a 4 year span, I am not all that impressed. And I think if you are honest with yourself, you are probably not all that impressed either.

Ironically, one of the richest BC NFL draft classes was Spaz's recruits who were drafted in 2014. I'd argue that Addazio's on field coaching ability got more out of that 2013 team than Spaz ever could. And thus, they were drafted.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17523
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -110

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:50 pm

hansen wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Jesus, Funishment sucks. If the recruits don't have enough stars he bitches, but if we get good recruits and start losing some like every decent school that gets good recruits, we can't keep the recruits.

There is zero wrong with weeding out Daz recruits that end up at Old Dominion and taking recruits that are good enough to be poached by P5 schools. Downside = zero. The ISL all stars will still be there if everyone decommits.


It's funny to me that we end up with the 60th ranked class every year but the first couple of times each new coach does it people get so excited.


contrary to what you and IB think, I'll say it again that Daz's problem wasn't recruiting talent. he did a greta job of turning 8-4 regular season teams into 6-6 with his awesome coaching skills.


This until the end. There were some legit high school secondary problems last season.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm

innocentbystander wrote:It appears that you deleted your response post Hansen. You asked an important question in it, so lets answer it. How many of Addazio's recruits went into the NFL? Well....

2017
John Johnson
Los Angeles Rams
DB

Matt Milano
Buffalo Bills
LB

2018
Harold Landry
Tennessee Titans
LB

Isaac Yiadom
Denver Broncos
DB

Kamrin Moore
New Orleans Saints
DB

2019
Chris Lindstrom
Atlanta Falcons
G

Zach Allen
Arizona Cardinals
DE

Will Harris
Detroit Lions
DB

Tommy Sweeney
Buffalo Bills
TE

2020
A. J. Dillon
Green Bay Packers
RB

Okay so I think that is it.

I don't know for sure if Matt Millano or John Johnson were recruited by Addazio or his staff. But I will give him credit for those guys.

Kamrin Moore is no longer employed. I think the rest are still in the NFL. 2019, excellent showing for Addazio. Two defensive ends over this period is pretty nice (one who had his college career cut short to injury), but overall with just one first rounder and a couple second rounders over a 4 year span, I am not all that impressed. And I think if you are honest with yourself, you are probably not all that impressed either.

Ironically, one of the richest BC NFL draft classes was Spaz's recruits who were drafted in 2014. I'd argue that Addazio's on field coaching ability got more out of that 2013 team than Spaz ever could. And thus, they were drafted.


my lazy effort at arguing with nospace
Last edited by hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: 319

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Hansen, stop. You're actually losing an argument to no space. KPL? You think Jake Burt is getting reps with the Pats?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:55 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Hansen, stop. You're actually losing an argument to no space. KPL? You think Jake Burt is getting reps with the Pats?


it's because I don't have the patience or desire to reargue something that we've argued 50 million times already.
I think literally he is the only person on this board that thinks Daz could not recruit (positions other than QB).
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: 319

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:58 pm

hansen wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Hansen, stop. You're actually losing an argument to no space. KPL? You think Jake Burt is getting reps with the Pats?


it's because I don't have the patience or desire to reargue something that we've argued 50 million times already.
I think literally he is the only person on this board that thinks Daz could not recruit (positions other than QB).


Kicker. And DT. But yes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:03 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
hansen wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Hansen, stop. You're actually losing an argument to no space. KPL? You think Jake Burt is getting reps with the Pats?


it's because I don't have the patience or desire to reargue something that we've argued 50 million times already.
I think literally he is the only person on this board that thinks Daz could not recruit (positions other than QB).


Kicker. And DT. But yes.


DT got progressively worse as time went on. Some of the guys early in his tenure might not have been NFL-caliber but they were decent.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16119
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Your Mom’s House
Karma: 319

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 pm

hansen wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Hansen, stop. You're actually losing an argument to no space. KPL? You think Jake Burt is getting reps with the Pats?


it's because I don't have the patience or desire to reargue something that we've argued 50 million times already.
I think literally he is the only person on this board that thinks Daz could not recruit (positions other than QB).


You are not making any sense hansen.

The two best years (the two best teams) that Addazio ever coached at Boston College, the ONLY guys on those teams that Addazio brought to those teams, were his 5th year transfers from Florida who were losing their starting jobs to incoming frosh. After 2014, Addazio's teams got progressively WORSE year after year because the players he recruited weren't very good.

Now we all had hope in 2018 when Addazio gave us a nationally ranked team that was 7-2. But they wound up finishing a very mediocre 7-5 (4-4 in ACC play) because they just weren't that good. The 7-2 start was a complete deception. The players (that gave up 35 points to TEMPLE) were just, meh.
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17523
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -110

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:35 am

innocentbystander wrote:
hansen wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Hansen, stop. You're actually losing an argument to no space. KPL? You think Jake Burt is getting reps with the Pats?


it's because I don't have the patience or desire to reargue something that we've argued 50 million times already.
I think literally he is the only person on this board that thinks Daz could not recruit (positions other than QB).


You are not making any sense hansen.

The two best years (the two best teams) that Addazio ever coached at Boston College, the ONLY guys on those teams that Addazio brought to those teams, were his 5th year transfers from Florida who were losing their starting jobs to incoming frosh. After 2014, Addazio's teams got progressively WORSE year after year because the players he recruited weren't very good.

Now we all had hope in 2018 when Addazio gave us a nationally ranked team that was 7-2. But they wound up finishing a very mediocre 7-5 (4-4 in ACC play) because they just weren't that good. The 7-2 start was a complete deception. The players (that gave up 35 points to TEMPLE) were just, meh.


The players have always been meh based on your dumb criteria. For 40 years.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:24 am

innocentbystander wrote:It appears that you deleted your response post Hansen. You asked an important question in it, so lets answer it. How many of Addazio's recruits went into the NFL? Well....

2017
John Johnson
Los Angeles Rams
DB

Matt Milano
Buffalo Bills
LB

2018
Harold Landry
Tennessee Titans
LB

Isaac Yiadom
Denver Broncos
DB

Kamrin Moore
New Orleans Saints
DB

2019
Chris Lindstrom
Atlanta Falcons
G

Zach Allen
Arizona Cardinals
DE

Will Harris
Detroit Lions
DB

Tommy Sweeney
Buffalo Bills
TE

2020
A. J. Dillon
Green Bay Packers
RB

Okay so I think that is it.

I don't know for sure if Matt Millano or John Johnson were recruited by Addazio or his staff. But I will give him credit for those guys.


Johnson & Milano were Spaz recruits.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8370
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 115

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:15 am

Don Brown recruited the defensive players. When he left the defensive recruiting left with him.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1171
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -340

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:17 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
innocentbystander wrote:It appears that you deleted your response post Hansen. You asked an important question in it, so lets answer it. How many of Addazio's recruits went into the NFL? Well....

2017
John Johnson
Los Angeles Rams
DB

Matt Milano
Buffalo Bills
LB

2018
Harold Landry
Tennessee Titans
LB

Isaac Yiadom
Denver Broncos
DB

Kamrin Moore
New Orleans Saints
DB

2019
Chris Lindstrom
Atlanta Falcons
G

Zach Allen
Arizona Cardinals
DE

Will Harris
Detroit Lions
DB

Tommy Sweeney
Buffalo Bills
TE

2020
A. J. Dillon
Green Bay Packers
RB

Okay so I think that is it.

I don't know for sure if Matt Millano or John Johnson were recruited by Addazio or his staff. But I will give him credit for those guys.


Johnson & Milano were Spaz recruits.


Okay so even worse than I thought.

Look the book on Addazio's recruiting isn't finished yet. He has 2 or 3 more years of players who could be drafted into the NFL. I'm just saying, not that impressive. I mean other than Bailey (assuming he declares early), who is likely to be drafted from this team?
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17523
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -110

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am

Vrabel

Petrula

Lindstrom

McDuffie (maybe not likely but if shows he's healthy)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18508
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3124

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:35 am

claver2010 wrote:Vrabel

Petrula

Lindstrom

McDuffie (maybe not likely but if shows he's healthy)


We'll see

I agree that Vrabel will be drafted but not in 2021
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17523
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -110

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:01 am

So throwing my two cents in here. First if anybody is basing anything off this class or any class around the country on rankings their opinion should be ignored right off the bat. Coaches haven’t seen these recruits as much as they’d like to but were going to take the word of recruiting analysts like Farrell etc seriously in this cycle? Unless there’s football in the fall which isn’t looking great in most spots, rankings mean absolutely nothing as far as I’m concerned. You’ll probably never see a year like this again in the future in terms of disparity between the rankings and what reality was. So I’m going with offers this cycle more then any other and I’m an offers>ranking guy anyway. And I think the offer quality is up pretty much across the board in this class right now with multiple commits still picking up offers every week and most of the big fish still out there for BC. The potential is there for a very strong close to the class we’ll see if that happens. 15 of the 17 commits have another P5 offer and the two that don’t are a kicker and the international OL who most agree will pick some up if IMG plays this season.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 213

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:03 am

bceagles24 wrote:So throwing my two cents in here. First if anybody is basing anything off this class or any class around the country on rankings their opinion should be ignored right off the bat. Coaches haven’t seen these recruits as much as they’d like to but were going to take the word of recruiting analysts like Farrell etc seriously in this cycle? Unless there’s football in the fall which isn’t looking great in most spots, rankings mean absolutely nothing as far as I’m concerned. You’ll probably never see a year like this again in the future in terms of disparity between the rankings and what reality was. So I’m going with offers this cycle more then any other and I’m an offers>ranking guy anyway. And I think the offer quality is up pretty much across the board in this class right now with multiple commits still picking up offers every week and most of the big fish still out there for BC. The potential is there for a very strong close to the class we’ll see if that happens. 15 of the 17 commits have another P5 offer and the two that don’t are a kicker and the international OL who most agree will pick some up if IMG plays this season.


Agreed
Feminism is Eve eats all the apples, gives God the middle finger when He asks her about it, and has the snake present Adam with a restraining order, ordering him to stay 500 yards away while still being forced to provide Eve food, clothing, and shelter.
User avatar
innocentbystander
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 17523
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:40 pm
Location: Pac-12 Hell
Karma: -110

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:30 am

innocentbystander wrote:
claver2010 wrote:Vrabel

Petrula

Lindstrom

McDuffie (maybe not likely but if shows he's healthy)


We'll see

I agree that Vrabel will be drafted but not in 2021


Z Johnson and Max Richardson.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8370
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 115

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:52 am

Recruiting players that have at least one other P5 offer is a minimum expectation, not an accomplishment
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -164

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:23 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Recruiting players that have at least one other P5 offer is a minimum expectation, not an accomplishment


So does the recruit get better when he gets three P5 offers in September? Asking for a friend.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Recruiting players that have at least one other P5 offer is a minimum expectation, not an accomplishment


As it should be but you are the one who made the comparison of classes all being around 60th when the fact of the matter is a bunch of Daz’s classes didn’t have a majority of players with other P5 offers. Hence the pointing out that rankings mean nothing this cycle.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 213

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Recruiting rankings are always dumb. BC might land one 4 star over a UF or Alabama, etc. But if 6 guys originally destined to become 4 stars all chose BC, the basement weirdos are automatically going to assume they were wrong in their assessment. The assumed destination drives the rating, particularly when you get down to the level in the ranking where BC is traditionally looking, and the basement dwellers have watched the same grainy tape on Hudl that we all watch.

If BC lands guys in the top 200 on any of these lists, fine, they are probably very good. But they also will have multiple offers from big time schools, which is why they are ranked that high. After 200, blind darts from the basement means nothing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 31636
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2475

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:22 pm

bceagles24 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Recruiting players that have at least one other P5 offer is a minimum expectation, not an accomplishment


As it should be but you are the one who made the comparison of classes all being around 60th when the fact of the matter is a bunch of Daz’s classes didn’t have a majority of players with other P5 offers. Hence the pointing out that rankings mean nothing this cycle.


If you think this class is materially different than the ones we've had before, then more power to you. Looks about the same to me.
"The above is so fraught with stupid I don’t even know where to begin." - eepstein0

Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -164

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
Corporal Funishment wrote:Recruiting players that have at least one other P5 offer is a minimum expectation, not an accomplishment


As it should be but you are the one who made the comparison of classes all being around 60th when the fact of the matter is a bunch of Daz’s classes didn’t have a majority of players with other P5 offers. Hence the pointing out that rankings mean nothing this cycle.


If you think this class is materially different than the ones we've had before, then more power to you. Looks about the same to me.


P5 Offers for commits:
2014: 14/28
2015: 14/25
2016: 11/19
2017: 12/21
2018: 10/20
2019: 16/19
2020: 12/13
2021: 15/17

Yeah I’d say it’s pretty different considering they’ve already got more commits with P5 offers, and a lot more coming, then any of the classes in 14-18 in a smaller class.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1030
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 213

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

Untitled document