2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby StratEagle on Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:33 pm

Kani Walker decommitted, rumors are that he may flip to Louisville.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:11 am

we're going to see a lot of decommiting on all sides for this cycle
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:10 pm

The important thing is that we all agree that nothing that can happen or has happened will lead us to question our dogmatic belief that the recruiting we are seeing is GOOD
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm

To be clear, Funishment, you are saying that this isn’t much of a loss because he wasn’t a great player to begin with.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:The important thing is that we all agree that nothing that can happen or has happened will lead us to question our dogmatic belief that the recruiting we are seeing is GOOD

I trust Hafley's track record on finding talent. If he is able to see more kids in person, he will do even better.

What I don't know is how he will manage his roster and how he will handle things when all of CFB recruiting becomes a major shuffle this fall.

For all his faults Addazio's roster management was pretty good. He used grey shirts and pwos to max out on all 85 scholarships at all time. Compared to Spaz who did not seem to appreciate that not maxing was a self inflicted punishment.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:43 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:To be clear, Funishment, you are saying that this isn’t much of a loss because he wasn’t a great player to begin with.

I have no idea if he's any good. The people who recruited him here and subsequently lost him must have thought he is.

Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:18 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:To be clear, Funishment, you are saying that this isn’t much of a loss because he wasn’t a great player to begin with.

I have no idea if he's any good. The people who recruited him here and subsequently lost him must have thought he is.

Since you trust the staff’s evaluation on Walker, you must be overjoyed at their ability to land 15 or so others that they offered.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Since you trust the staff’s evaluation on Walker, you must be overjoyed at their ability to land 15 or so others that they offered.

Re-read what I wrote. I didn't imply I trust their evaluation.

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I’m confused by your agenda here. It’s usually pretty transparent.

Recruiting is going to be a shot in the dark here with Covid-19.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:08 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

We won't know about their ability to evaluate for a few years. But at this point in the cycle, the recruiting has been very impressive. Low bar, but much more impressive than the Dazler.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:08 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I’m confused by your agenda here. It’s usually pretty transparent.

Gratuitous Contrarianism
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:52 am

Strong belief around Michigan that if Kendall doesn't pull the trigger soon he won't have a spot in the class. They're at 4 OL commits currently and in good shape for key in-state target Rocco Spindler, who also plays guard. So the binary outcomes are either that he's off the board to Michigan in the next week or two, or that BC is back in the mix.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:20 am

What are the thoughts in Michigan regarding Harbaugh, Brown and 2021 recruiting? I think they are doing a great job if they had comparable results at Cuse. But, I can't see how Wolverine fans are OK with a no name coach (HCRD) running circles around them both on and off the field. Michigan is a complete afterthought in the National picture. Their routine recruiting battles with BC speaks volumes to their current status. I'd be surprised that the alums are so willing to continue to pay the richest college coaching staff to deliver such pedestrian results.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:38 am

HJS {l Wrote}:What are the thoughts in Michigan regarding Harbaugh, Brown and 2021 recruiting? I think they are doing a great job if they had comparable results at Cuse. But, I can't see how Wolverine fans are OK with a no name coach (HCRD) running circles around them both on and off the field. Michigan is a complete afterthought in the National picture. Their routine recruiting battles with BC speaks volumes to their current status. I'd be surprised that the alums are so willing to continue to pay the richest college coaching staff to deliver such pedestrian results.

Michigan people I know are tired of it, but also don’t see a better option out there. Of course the Michigan Man bullshit is very important to all those people and they probably aren’t willing to get a Meyer type (not that any of those people would necessarily want to end up there.)

It’ll be a long slow process of realizing that the Michigan way will lead to an eternity of dick stomping at the hands of a far better operation at tOSU
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:55 am

HJS {l Wrote}:What are the thoughts in Michigan regarding Harbaugh, Brown and 2021 recruiting? I think they are doing a great job if they had comparable results at Cuse. But, I can't see how Wolverine fans are OK with a no name coach (HCRD) running circles around them both on and off the field. Michigan is a complete afterthought in the National picture. Their routine recruiting battles with BC speaks volumes to their current status. I'd be surprised that the alums are so willing to continue to pay the richest college coaching staff to deliver such pedestrian results.

The funniest part about it is that Michigan fans think the BC staff must hate Michigan when in reality they probably could care less since half the NE kids they are taking are guys BC didn’t want anyway.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:02 am

I mean they do currently have the #6 class in the country on 247, shitty NE players included.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 am

95% of people appreciate where Harbaugh has brought the program, a team which has been consistently ranked in the top 10 during his tenure and which has a top 10 recruiting class most years. That OSU has lost 4 conference games in the last 5 years creates obvious distance, but the distance is less about Michigan and more about OSU's absurd run. I'm not so sure what we're in "constant recruiting battles with BC" so much as Don Brown seems to have his pick of the litter in New England, which brings natural overlap with prospects who are also offered by BC. I can't recall a single player that Michigan wanted who chose BC instead. Michigan (obviously incorrectly) decided that O'Maury Samuels was a better RB and asked AJ Dillon to play LB, and he wisely told them to pound sand and switched to BC, but other than that I wouldn't say Michigan is competing for kids with BC.

The valid complaint with Harbaugh is that the QB play has not been as good as it needs to be to beat OSU and win the conference. Patterson didn't play well enough despite the hype that came with him. Expectations are high for McCaffrey / Milton, and even higher for JJ McCarthy once he arrives. The Josh Gattis offense showed lots of promise last year, which has most people confident about the season and overall direction of the program. I'm sure the Walmart Wolverines will howl when we finish 10-2 and lose a road game to Justin Fields, but most people will appreciate this insane OSU moment for what it is and will hope the death star loses at least a small amount of juice once Fields is gone. HCRD recruiting is something to admire though.

BC923 {l Wrote}:

Michigan people I know are tired of it, but also don’t see a better option out there. Of course the Michigan Man bullshit is very important to all those people and they probably aren’t willing to get a Meyer type (not that any of those people would necessarily want to end up there.)

It’ll be a long slow process of realizing that the Michigan way will lead to an eternity of dick stomping at the hands of a far better operation at tOSU

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

The funniest part about it is that Michigan fans think the BC staff must hate Michigan when in reality they probably could care less since half the NE kids they are taking are guys BC didn’t want anyway.

I'm guessing this comment is about Phinney... if BC actually didn't / don't want Kendall, Hansen, Guy, Mullings, Zinter, Dennis, or Sainristil then they should probably fire everyone in the athletic department.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:I mean they do currently have the #6 class in the country on 247, shitty NE players included.

That's only because if you swapped BC's class and Michigan's Michigan would still be #6 and BC #30.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:18 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

I'm guessing this comment is about Phinney... if BC actually didn't / don't want Kendall, Hansen, Guy, Mullings, Zinter, Dennis, or Sainristil then they should probably fire everyone in the athletic department.

They haven’t landed Kendall. BC didn’t want Phinney they never offered Dennis. There’s another guy on that list they think is way overrated but I can’t name names so they didn’t want him. They didn’t offer Crippen or Kechaun Bennett. So in the last two classes 3 classes 5 of the 10 NE guys were guys BC didn’t want.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Bunratty on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:20 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

They haven’t landed Kendall. BC didn’t want Phinney they never offered Dennis. There’s another guy on that list they think is way overrated but I can’t name names so they didn’t want him. They didn’t offer Crippen or Kechaun Bennett. So in the last two classes 3 classes 5 of the 10 NE guys were guys BC didn’t want.

Guessing the way overrated one is Hansen (no pun intended).
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:23 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Of the ones committed or heavily leaning, Kendall would be the big miss and possibly Hansen. The rest I'm not losing sleep over.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:46 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Of the ones committed or heavily leaning, Kendall would be the big miss and possibly Hansen. The rest I'm not losing sleep over.

We could do without Hansen, in my opinion

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:47 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

The bad messageboarder or the TE from St. Sebestians?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

The bad messageboarder or the TE from St. Sebestians?

Guess!

Unapologetic Catholic
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:06 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

If your argument is honestly that Boston College wouldn't take Crippen, Bennett and Hansen then this isn't a discussion worth having. (edited to sound less mean / dismissive).

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:11 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

If your argument is honestly that Boston College wouldn't take Crippen, Bennett and Hansen then this isn't a discussion worth having. (edited to sound less mean / dismissive).

Then don’t have it. Fact of the matter is new staff didn’t go after Crippen or Bennett and reoffer. If you want to argue against facts be my guest you’ll be wrong.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Mullings is going to be the impact player on that list and I don't think BC really had a shot. The rest of that list is not going to make anyone lose any sleep.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Let's be clear... the collective shrugging of shoulders over Michigan's ISL focus was shared by Daz's staff as well. We should also note that New England is also a focus of schools like Cuse who haven't seem terribly concerned either. My read on this is that Donnie Brown has an outsized influence on Harbaugh (who doesn't seem at all confident in Michigan's ability to beat top programs for prospects).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Mullings is going to be the impact player on that list and I don't think BC really had a shot. The rest of that list is not going to make anyone lose any sleep.

They did a great job with Mullings he just wanted to leave home. Nothing you can really do about that. Zinter might end up the best of the bunch. They did a great job there too but he didn’t really grow up around BC. He was in FL most of his life. His younger brother is a 2023 TE with a couple offers already.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium