2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Not worried when it comes to Hafley. It's a relief knowing that if we lose a decent recruit, this staff will be able to find a capable replacement and not a guy with 1AA offers only. Can't say the same during the Spaz/Daz eras when it came to losing a recruit in Dec.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:44 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Not worried when it comes to Hafley. It's a relief knowing that if we lose a decent recruit, this staff will be able to find a capable replacement and not a guy with 1AA offers only. Can't say the same during the Spaz/Daz eras when it came to losing a recruit in Dec.

Traded Wallace and Porter for the SC decommit and hopefully Rooks. That’s a fine trade.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Not worried when it comes to Hafley. It's a relief knowing that if we lose a decent recruit, this staff will be able to find a capable replacement and not a guy with 1AA offers only. Can't say the same during the Spaz/Daz eras when it came to losing a recruit in Dec.

Traded Wallace and Porter for the SC decommit and hopefully Rooks. That’s a fine trade.

Imagine having all 4..
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:49 pm

kendall down to bc & stanford. not sure if he'll sign in dec
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:kendall down to bc & stanford. not sure if he'll sign in dec

Besides Covid's impact on travel, I wonder if he's waiting to see what BC does about the O-Line. He'd know a lot more about that and about vaccine distribution in February.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:12 am

Steele a risk of flipping back to SC with Beamer now hired.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:kendall down to bc & stanford. not sure if he'll sign in dec

He was down to BC & Stanford a while ago. I was told he was waiting to make a decision until after he visited Stanford but could not for quarantine reasons (Nobles football and he is a boarder). Apparently he has now visited. Not sure if it is a good sign or bad that he has not been able to make a decision after his visit.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:09 pm

Someone please give the recruits the old retro logo to work with in commitment videos.

Jaden Williams commitment. 3*, Utah only other P5 offer:
https://twitter.com/Jwill_2021/status/1 ... 4102943745
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:07 am

A lot of interest both ways for FSU former top 50 Overall S/LB transfer Jaiden Lars-Woodbey. Was committed to OSU at one point so knows Hafley and couple other coaches.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:43 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:A lot of interest both ways for FSU former top 50 Overall S/LB transfer Jaiden Lars-Woodbey. Was committed to OSU at one point so knows Hafley and couple other coaches.

would be an interesting grab.

obviously need more speed at the S / LB level. was a FR all american but tore up his knee in '19 https://theathletic.com/1679782/2020/03 ... ee-injury/

he graduated in 2.5 years and is immediately eligible
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:05 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:00 pm

Isn't Trevin Wallace supposed to commit to like Auburn on Wednesday? I wonder how that Malzahn news played out.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:16 am

it seems like those with brown paper bags have found wallace

so i guess the questions leading up to wednesday have been the same for the past 6 or so weeks: rooks & kendall

usc east is apparently making a strong push to get steele back as well

the burden of recruiting players others want
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:it seems like those with brown paper bags have found wallace

Yep... he completely dropped BC. This seems to happen a lot with Southern recruits. Really... change schools on a whim. Such a shame that more thought goes into what really is a life decision. While we are only getting to see a glimpse of it now, it has been happening a very long time down in ess-eee-see country.
After decommitting from Boston College November 29, Jesup (Ga.) Wayne County four-star linebacker Trevin Wallace planned to wait for February to sign with a school.

Things change quickly in recruiting, and Wallace went from being set on signing next year to 50-50, and now is 100% set on signing next week.

"I will be signing December 16 at 10:30am ET," Wallace said. "I am going to announce my decision then and it is between Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee. I have been talking to each of those schools a lot."

Wallace has always been fairly quiet about his recruitment, and he was not dropping any hints as to who it will be next week. A big part of his decision looks to be based on relationships though, and he said he had strong connections with coaches from the schools on his list.

The 6-foot-2, 215 pound athlete missed most of last season due to an injury, but came on strong as a senior, and has quickly seen his stock rise. He checks in at no. 20 now, and it would not be surprising to see him even higher in the final rankings next month.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:it seems like those with brown paper bags have found wallace

Yep... he completely dropped BC. This seems to happen a lot with Southern recruits. Really... change schools on a whim. Such a shame that more thought goes into what really is a life decision. While we are only getting to see a glimpse of it now, it has been happening a very long time down in ess-eee-see country.
After decommitting from Boston College November 29, Jesup (Ga.) Wayne County four-star linebacker Trevin Wallace planned to wait for February to sign with a school.

Things change quickly in recruiting, and Wallace went from being set on signing next year to 50-50, and now is 100% set on signing next week.

"I will be signing December 16 at 10:30am ET," Wallace said. "I am going to announce my decision then and it is between Auburn, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss and Tennessee. I have been talking to each of those schools a lot."

Wallace has always been fairly quiet about his recruitment, and he was not dropping any hints as to who it will be next week. A big part of his decision looks to be based on relationships though, and he said he had strong connections with coaches from the schools on his list.

The 6-foot-2, 215 pound athlete missed most of last season due to an injury, but came on strong as a senior, and has quickly seen his stock rise. He checks in at no. 20 now, and it would not be surprising to see him even higher in the final rankings next month.

There is a ton of pressure on this kids to sign early. The transfers portal and unknown scholarship shake out has kids worried.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:13 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

There is a ton of pressure on this kids to sign early. The transfers portal and unknown scholarship shake out has kids worried.

All of those schools are so similar to BC! It is funny how these kids are pressured to pick an SEC school.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:49 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:All of those schools are so similar to BC! It is funny how these kids are pressured to pick an SEC school.

Meh... this is what it was like for generations in BigTen Country back when that was a thing. Basically, there is always going to be a group that won't see too beyond their front door. I just wish there were more people of influence in these kids' lives to help them see the bigger picture. In Wallace's case, if you want to stay in the SEC, great... go to Vandy (especially when you are already considering a terrible Tennessee program) (and, to a much lesser extend UF). BigTen has Northwestern (and half-way decent schools like Indy, Wisco, Mich, PSU, Rut and Purdue), ACC has BC, Duke, ND, WF, UVA, GT and UNC (and to a lesser extent Miami and Cuse), P12 has Stan, USC, Cal and UCLA... there are tons of options out there. The path to the NFL is the same... but so to is the path to a has-been making $40k if you aren't careful or lucky. Wallace has pick of every school mentioned above. It is just sad when you compare that with his final 5.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:22 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:All of those schools are so similar to BC! It is funny how these kids are pressured to pick an SEC school.

Meh... this is what it was like for generations in BigTen Country back when that was a thing. Basically, there is always going to be a group that won't see too beyond their front door. I just wish there were more people of influence in these kids' lives to help them see the bigger picture. In Wallace's case, if you want to stay in the SEC, great... go to Vandy (especially when you are already considering a terrible Tennessee program) (and, to a much lesser extend UF). BigTen has Northwestern (and half-way decent schools like Indy, Wisco, Mich, PSU, Rut and Purdue), ACC has BC, Duke, ND, WF, UVA, GT and UNC (and to a lesser extent Miami and Cuse), P12 has Stan, USC, Cal and UCLA... there are tons of options out there. The path to the NFL is the same... but so to is the path to a has-been making $40k if you aren't careful or lucky. Wallace has pick of every school mentioned above. It is just sad when you compare that with his final 5.

I think you underestimate distance and fit when these people make their decisions. HJS, you went to a school a little over three hours from home and it was a lot like your high school. Why should some kid in south Georgia be expected to do something different? Also I think the idea that you are set for life with a prestige degree vs some from a big state school is becoming more and more hollow.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:44 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I think you underestimate distance and fit when these people make their decisions. HJS, you went to a school a little over three hours from home and it was a lot like your high school. Why should some kid in south Georgia be expected to do something different? Also I think the idea that you are set for life with a prestige degree vs some from a big state school is becoming more and more hollow.

Finalists Kentucky and LSU are both approximately 10 hours away from Jessup, GA. Vandy, UF, Duke, WF, UVA, GT, UNC and Miami are all geographically closer.
As to your second point, I respectfully disagree. I continue to believe there is value in the venue from which you get a diploma. I also believe that it is possible for athletes to attain such benefits.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Are we worried about any of our verbals not signing Wednesday? I am thinking only Tate and Steele.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Finalists Kentucky and LSU are both approximately 10 hours away from Jessup, GA. Vandy, UF, Duke, WF, UVA, GT, UNC and Miami are all geographically closer.
As to your second point, I respectfully disagree. I continue to believe there is value in the venue from which you get a diploma. I also believe that it is possible for athletes to attain such benefits.

I know this is a shitty thing to say, but I completely devalue state schools when I hire, unless it says UNC, UM or some of the CA state schools, no one from UMass or SUNY system is getting my attention .
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Some very good news incoming.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:03 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Some very good news incoming.

Fingers-crossed
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:Some very good news incoming.

Fingers-crossed

Houston or else where?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:13 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I know this is a shitty thing to say, but I completely devalue state schools when I hire, unless it says UNC, UM or some of the CA state schools, no one from UMass or SUNY system is getting my attention .

Everyone does. That's why you then go to grad school at places like BC so you can fake your degree mattering like the undergrads do.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Someone got to post the Houston joke...damnit! :lol:
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Are we worried about any of our verbals not signing Wednesday? I am thinking only Tate and Steele.

Steele confirmed that he will be signing with BC Wednesday.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:33 pm

Apparently Kendall is signing during the early period. So will be interesting if he heads to sunny California or stays home.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Kendall and Rooks would put us right around a top 25 class
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:45 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:A lot of interest both ways for FSU former top 50 Overall S/LB transfer Jaiden Lars-Woodbey. Was committed to OSU at one point so knows Hafley and couple other coaches.

He’s an Eagle.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium