2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:58 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:TJ Guy offered by Nebraska

And UVA. Would BC even take him after the decommit?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:TJ Guy offered by Nebraska

And UVA. Would BC even take him after the decommit?

Yes
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:18 am

looks like hafley identified his first qb target. Heinrich Haarberg 6'5 185 high 3* out of nebraska (catholic school). bc is his first p5 offer
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:looks like hafley identified his first qb target. Heinrich Haarberg 6'5 185 high 3* out of nebraska (catholic school). bc is his first p5 offer

Believe it’s their 4th QB offer and those are the 4 to watch right now. This kid, who I think should be their top target upside is through the roof, then they’ve also offered Lonnie White from PA, Hampton Fay from TX, and Tahj Bullock from NJ.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:40 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:looks like hafley identified his first qb target. Heinrich Haarberg 6'5 185 high 3* out of nebraska (catholic school). bc is his first p5 offer

Believe it’s their 4th QB offer and those are the 4 to watch right now. This kid, who I think should be their top target upside is through the roof, then they’ve also offered Lonnie White from PA, Hampton Fay from TX, and Tahj Bullock from NJ.

Took a quick look at the film, this won't be his only P5 offer in the end.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 am

Holy shit his tape is good
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:08 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Not even close kid reminds me a ton of Justin Herbert. He’s an athletic freak at QB with a cannon. He’s really raw but the tools are the kind that make QB coaches dream. Runs a laser 4.6 40, has a 38” vert he’s a guy that you watch on film and think of what he could be if he gets the right coaching. Would be ecstatic if he’s the QB in this class.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Not even close kid reminds me a ton of Justin Herbert. He’s an athletic freak at QB with a cannon. He’s really raw but the tools are the kind that make QB coaches dream. Runs a laser 4.6 40, has a 38” vert he’s a guy that you watch on film and think of what he could be if he gets the right coaching. Would be ecstatic if he’s the QB in this class.

Really good ball placement too, at least in the highlight.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:04 am

Andrew Garwo is announcing a Top 10. BC will be in there
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:33 pm

Joe Sullivan tweeted out the Rick Ross commit gif today and looks like its kicker Connor Lytton. For what its worth hes the #1 kicker on this site.

https://www.nationalkickingrankings.com/2021-kickers
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Joe Sullivan tweeted out the Rick Ross commit gif today and looks like its kicker Connor Lytton. For what its worth hes the #1 kicker on this site.

https://www.nationalkickingrankings.com/2021-kickers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIlAe2MNY9c&feature=youtu.be
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:33 am

Andrew Garwo's Top 10 is BC and a slew of mid-majors.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:23 pm

It's amazing how many times it seems like we've landed the "#1 rated" kicker in the past 10 or so years. Hasn't amounted to much.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:16 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:It's amazing how many times it seems like we've landed the "#1 rated" kicker in the past 10 or so years. Hasn't amounted to much.

Right, we do much better with walk-on soccer playing punk rockers.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:35 am

StratEagle {l Wrote}:It's amazing how many times it seems like we've landed the "#1 rated" kicker in the past 10 or so years. Hasn't amounted to much.

Random kicking coach X workstrains with the 3 kickers within 50 miles of his house who have dreams of playing college football. Random kicking coach X creates site with ranking system that claims these 3 players are the 3 top ranked kickers in the country. Random kicking coach X adds a few other players to the rankings (who may or may not even be real people) to create air of credibility.

Dopes on message boards fall for it.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:20 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

Random kicking coach X workstrains with the 3 kickers within 50 miles of his house who have dreams of playing college football. Random kicking coach X creates site with ranking system that claims these 3 players are the 3 top ranked kickers in the country. Random kicking coach X adds a few other players to the rankings (who may or may not even be real people) to create air of credibility.

Dopes on message boards fall for it.

It's like the business plan for Rivals and Scout.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:45 pm

4 Star DE Stewart from Everett has decommitted from BC. Seems BC moved on from him which makes no sense to me.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:55 pm

We are getting the full restart folks clamored for. I think it’ll be a bit messy and questionable at times. Probably more like when Jags started. Folks should realize that Daz prioritized New England and we spent January championing each staff hire because of their outside New England connections. It would be good to see Hafley get a few more wins, but we should expect some local losses.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:We are getting the full restart folks clamored for. I think it’ll be a bit messy and questionable at times. Probably more like when Jags started. Folks should realize that Daz prioritized New England and we spent January championing each staff hire because of their outside New England connections. It would be good to see Hafley get a few more wins, but we should expect some local losses.

Mass football is atrocious, but keeping highly ranked alums like Kendall should be a given.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:We are getting the full restart folks clamored for. I think it’ll be a bit messy and questionable at times. Probably more like when Jags started. Folks should realize that Daz prioritized New England and we spent January championing each staff hire because of their outside New England connections. It would be good to see Hafley get a few more wins, but we should expect some local losses.

Slightly better version of Chris Ash.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:20 pm

Cant wait until we stop talking about MA football like its a thing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:04 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:TJ Guy decommitted.

Guess he's not a BC guy.

He is announcing tomorrow. Pretty sure BC still wants him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:23 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Guess he's not a BC guy.

Pretty sure he is going to Michigan to join the rest of the Mass players on the bench of an 8-4 Harbaugh squad. Will be interesting if any stay on once Third Down Donnie Brown is fired (something Wolverine fans think is long overdue).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Guess he's not a BC guy.

Pretty sure he is going to Michigan to join the rest of the Mass players on the bench of an 8-4 Harbaugh squad. Will be interesting if any stay on once Third Down Donnie Brown is fired (something Wolverine fans think is long overdue).

You mean a bunch of borderline 3/4 stars from the Northeast isn’t going to help them challenge the recruiting machine at tOSU?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:53 am

Harbaugh was in no position to fire Donnie B this offseason as his defensive staff got poached. Partridge went to Ole Miss... Campanile went to the Dolphins. They were replaced by Bob Shoop and someone from USF. With Nua only in his second year, the entire D is basically new besides Zordich (CBs) and Brown. With Partridge gone (he was also their RC), Donnie seems to has more leeway to spend time at home recruiting New England. If Mich has another disappointing year, I think you will see a purge (as Harbaugh can have DB be the fall guy).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:00 pm

BC getting looks at by good WRs like Dante Reynolds(he's been crystal balled to BC), interesting how things change when you don't call it the "throw game".
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby flakes on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cant wait until we stop talking about MA football like its a thing.

If we never got another Mass recruit it wouldn't bother me at all. The hit rate is extraordinarily low, even on the 4 star type kids. Would rather take swings at lower rated CA, TX and FL kids all day
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:26 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Cant wait until we stop talking about MA football like its a thing.

If we never got another Mass recruit it wouldn't bother me at all. The hit rate is extraordinarily low, even on the 4 star type kids. Would rather take swings at lower rated CA, TX and FL kids all day

I think Mass football has routinely underwhelmed. I think the whole monetizing of kids sports has created a group of primadonnas who do not give the effort of the overachieving Mass kid that came from the area before the mid-to-late aughts. That said, I think that getting local kids is important to help supplement the roster. As I had posted previously, Michigan grabbing these Mass kids hurts everyone involved: (a) Michigan falls farther behind other factories for talent, (b) BC loses the depth from their classes and (c) the kids don't develop and wash out of football). It is nice when a program can reasonably count on a serviceable flow of players without maximum recruiting effort for their services. The value play comes in when BC has to spend significant recruiting resources chasing after locals. I think there is little that BC can realistically do here outside of (a) winning and (b) letting the actuarials catch-up to Donnie.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:11 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Guess he's not a BC guy.

I did not watch much Mich football last season but pretty sure McKeown & Payne (not Mass but whatever) started and Sainristil had one more TD receptions against ND than anyone on BC's roster. It wasn't until the 2020 class that they really started hitting Mass hard. They have been taking a ton of kids from Conn.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:43 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:

I think Mass football has routinely underwhelmed. I think the whole monetizing of kids sports has created a group of primadonnas who do not give the effort of the overachieving Mass kid that came from the area before the mid-to-late aughts. That said, I think that getting local kids is important to help supplement the roster. As I had posted previously, Michigan grabbing these Mass kids hurts everyone involved: (a) Michigan falls farther behind other factories for talent, (b) BC loses the depth from their classes and (c) the kids don't develop and wash out of football). It is nice when a program can reasonably count on a serviceable flow of players without maximum recruiting effort for their services. The value play comes in when BC has to spend significant recruiting resources chasing after locals. I think there is little that BC can realistically do here outside of (a) winning and (b) letting the actuarials catch-up to Donnie.

This is a fair point. I just get a kick out of the people that cry woe when we lose on some 4* TE from Billerica like he is going to be a star at Alabama. If the point is that if no one poaches the top MA kids and they end up being depth and back end talent, fine, I don't mind filling out a class with supposed 3/4 stars from MA.

Mind you the once in a lifetime Christian Wilkins of the world, have at it in a recruiting battle.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium