2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue May 12, 2020 2:29 pm

You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue May 12, 2020 3:04 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I thought this was interesting. Russell, in deciding to go to Wake, said that he was thankful for BC recruiting him but "I definitely wanted to venture out a bit." https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... llege-high
Conversely, Haarberg said that his decision came down between Nebraska and BC. "But I just can't see myself living in Boston."
https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/ ... 21311.html

Civilization must be pretty intimidating.

Or, perhaps, not everyone shares the same elitist definition of civilization (including Russell who knows it as well as any).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... sachusetts
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue May 12, 2020 4:06 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I thought this was interesting. Russell, in deciding to go to Wake, said that he was thankful for BC recruiting him but "I definitely wanted to venture out a bit." https://www.si.com/college/bostoncolleg ... llege-high
Conversely, Haarberg said that his decision came down between Nebraska and BC. "But I just can't see myself living in Boston."

Or, perhaps, not everyone shares the same elitist definition of civilization (including Russell who knows it as well as any).

Certainly not the people of New Jersey at least. Obviously it was in reference to the Nebraska kid, not Russell.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
StratEagle {l Wrote}:

Certainly not the people of New Jersey at least. Obviously it was in reference to the Nebraska kid, not Russell.

Not your finest.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue May 12, 2020 7:09 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Another verbal coming

any idea who it might be?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue May 12, 2020 7:12 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

They offered Donovan Ezeiruaku from NJ today. Its easily his best offer and the 247 writer made a BC prediction for him. Seems like a quick turnaround (offer to commit) but based on his offer list could see him jumping at BC offer.

https://247sports.com/college/boston-college/Article/boston-college-first-power-5-offer-williamstown-new-jersey-donovan-ezeiruaku-147086772/
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 12, 2020 7:23 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

They offered Donovan Ezeiruaku from NJ today. Its easily his best offer and the 247 writer made a BC prediction for him. Seems like a quick turnaround (offer to commit) but based on his offer list could see him jumping at BC offer.

https://247sports.com/college/boston-college/Article/boston-college-first-power-5-offer-williamstown-new-jersey-donovan-ezeiruaku-147086772/

For some of you NJ guys, what is the level of competition like? Curious if other P5 coaches would've noticed him based on the level of team he plays on/against.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed May 13, 2020 11:01 am

Someone asked about Bosco... they seem to have a thing Senior class. May have been the class who came in during the end of the Teel disaster. Good talent there in 2022 and BC has already offered a kid there from 2023.

Jersey talent is emerging more and more in Central and South Jersey (with a concentration still evident in the North only among the Catholic schools). This likely helps RU and Big Ten schools like PSU and MD where Philly is more the influence than NYC. Might hurt BC a little bit, but us pulling kids from Medford and Atco (and possibly Williamstown) shows that it isn't much of a problem. I heard Cheek is a superstar in the making.

I think we should pay attention to who Hafley offered with no real interest: Russell, Ezeiruaku, Haarberg. Each are guys who are unfinished prospects and particularly need to add weight. But, they seem to be focusing on frames, attitude and athleticism. Also, note these kids blew up after BC offered. That shows that folks respect Hafley's evaluations (same was true with Daz). This is all a good thing. Sure, we would prefer to steal a kid like Haarberg while others are sleeping. But, it also means that we should feel good about the kids we do get.

Remember, we had a high hit rate on no offer kids who camped under Daz. The removal of camps and combines would have likely been problematic for a guy who did a good job with in-person evaluations. Hafley is a bit of an unknown quantity on that front. But, his history has shown that he is GREAT on evaluating film. Lots of stories of him finding diamonds on film while looking at other players. This quarantine actually may play a bit into his strength. I will say one of the most frustrating things under Daz was the lack of post-Labor Day recruiting. I think (if we have HS football again at some time in the coming years) Hafley will do quite well in finding kids who get better after their 16th birthday.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed May 13, 2020 12:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Someone asked about Bosco... they seem to have a thing Senior class. May have been the class who came in during the end of the Teel disaster. Good talent there in 2022 and BC has already offered a kid there from 2023.

Jersey talent is emerging more and more in Central and South Jersey (with a concentration still evident in the North only among the Catholic schools). This likely helps RU and Big Ten schools like PSU and MD where Philly is more the influence than NYC. Might hurt BC a little bit, but us pulling kids from Medford and Atco (and possibly Williamstown) shows that it isn't much of a problem. I heard Cheek is a superstar in the making.

I think we should pay attention to who Hafley offered with no real interest: Russell, Ezeiruaku, Haarberg. Each are guys who are unfinished prospects and particularly need to add weight. But, they seem to be focusing on frames, attitude and athleticism. Also, note these kids blew up after BC offered. That shows that folks respect Hafley's evaluations (same was true with Daz). This is all a good thing. Sure, we would prefer to steal a kid like Haarberg while others are sleeping. But, it also means that we should feel good about the kids we do get.

Remember, we had a high hit rate on no offer kids who camped under Daz. The removal of camps and combines would have likely been problematic for a guy who did a good job with in-person evaluations. Hafley is a bit of an unknown quantity on that front. But, his history has shown that he is GREAT on evaluating film. Lots of stories of him finding diamonds on film while looking at other players. This quarantine actually may play a bit into his strength. I will say one of the most frustrating things under Daz was the lack of post-Labor Day recruiting. I think (if we have HS football again at some time in the coming years) Hafley will do quite well in finding kids who get better after their 16th birthday.

If I had to guess, the quarantine is helping us because when the kids take less visits it becomes less obvious that our facilities and general investment in athletics are weaker
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 13, 2020 2:43 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

ezeiruaku is a 4.0 student
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Wed May 13, 2020 4:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

ezeiruaku is a 4.0 student

I want 4.0 ballers.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Oghobaase just tweeted re: a commitment, not sure if related to yesterday or different
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed May 13, 2020 4:16 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Oghobaase just tweeted re: a commitment, not sure if related to yesterday or different

Looks like it's a new one today.

https://twitter.com/JoeSuIlivan/status/1260679824806420483?s=20
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 13, 2020 6:03 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Oghobaase just tweeted re: a commitment, not sure if related to yesterday or different

Both DLs.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed May 13, 2020 8:03 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Both DLs.

Any idea who they might be?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 13, 2020 9:45 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Both DLs.

Looks like one might be Nigel Tate from MD (per 247).

6’4/295lb DT from Bullis School with offers from Indiana, Tennessee, Wake and other lower level programs
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed May 13, 2020 11:10 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Both DLs.

6’4/295lb DT from Bullis School with offers from Indiana, Tennessee, Wake and other lower level programs

Interest from those schools. Looks like the offers are from ECU, ODU, Liberty and UMass.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 13, 2020 11:24 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Both DLs.

Interest from those schools. Looks like the offers are from ECU, ODU, Liberty and UMass.

247 has them all as offers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 14, 2020 6:38 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Andrew Garwo is announcing a Top 10. BC will be in there

BCFB Recruiting just retweeted his tweet that he is committing this Saturday. Would we really take another DB?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 pm

so 2 from yesterday and before. so this would be the 3rd?

https://twitter.com/Coach_Shimko/status ... 2790676481
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu May 14, 2020 7:04 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

BCFB Recruiting just retweeted his tweet that he is committing this Saturday. Would we really take another DB?

I’d be pretty surprised if they don’t take a couple more but it won’t be Garwo he’s not a take anymore.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu May 14, 2020 7:05 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

I’d be pretty surprised if they don’t take a couple more but it won’t be Garwo he’s not a take anymore.

Did Hafley offer him? Or just Daz?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu May 14, 2020 7:16 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Did Hafley offer him? Or just Daz?

I believe Hafley reoffered but as time has gone on and they got more interest from other guys he’s just fell down the board.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 14, 2020 7:35 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

1. Why did BC just do the retweet?
B. We already have 4. You really think we need 6 DBs in this class?
III. BC is the only DI school on his list.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu May 14, 2020 7:41 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Retweet is from a fan account no association with the team at all. I can’t say for sure they’ll take 6 but I wouldn’t be surprised at all still a lot of bigger names on the board for them and more DB offers going out all the time don’t think they are done at all.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 14, 2020 7:48 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Retweet is from a fan account no association with the team at all. I can’t say for sure they’ll take 6 but I wouldn’t be surprised at all still a lot of bigger names on the board for them and more DB offers going out all the time don’t think they are done at all.

Thanks, didn't know that wasn't a BC account.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Can't take enough DBs given the current state of the roster. Know nothing about Garwo but I wouldn't not take talent because of numbers. The current DBs should never see the field again.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu May 14, 2020 10:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can't take enough DBs given the current state of the roster. Know nothing about Garwo but I wouldn't not take talent because of numbers. The current DBs should never see the field again.

DBs boost the team's athleticism and there's more ability to move them around. Can also redshirt a few to spread them out (though liberal xfer rules make that more difficult).
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 15, 2020 11:01 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Can't take enough DBs given the current state of the roster. Know nothing about Garwo but I wouldn't not take talent because of numbers. The current DBs should never see the field again.

DBs boost the team's athleticism and there's more ability to move them around. Can also redshirt a few to spread them out (though liberal xfer rules make that more difficult).

Having athletic DBs is also crucial on Special Teams.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri May 15, 2020 1:21 pm

Did we ever figure out who the 3 or 4 new commits were?
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium