2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:11 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't get worked up about the alum kids. Other than Bosa, must have been busts. Bosa didn't come because of Spaz and that was the right call.

I didn't go where my parents went to school. Jerry York didn't make his kids play for him at Bowling Green or BC. Let the kid do what he wants.

This. We've gotten Flutie and Trapilo kids as well as others. However, I think the key is that the more recent alums (Coughlin to present) have generally had a positive view of their experience and their complaints have been more in line of ours... that BC can be a power but is frustrated by inconsistent support. Nonetheless, one of things that has hurt us is that these former players tend to understand the benefits of using athletics to get an education. To that end, I believe we've probably been hurt by Stanford more than other programs. Scooter Harrington (dad played football and mom played softball at BC) and Aeneas DiCosmo (Anthony's kid) are both on Stanford's current roster.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:23 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't get worked up about the alum kids. Other than Bosa, must have been busts. Bosa didn't come because of Spaz and that was the right call.

I didn't go where my parents went to school. Jerry York didn't make his kids play for him at Bowling Green or BC. Let the kid do what he wants.

This. We've gotten Flutie and Trapilo kids as well as others. However, I think the key is that the more recent alums (Coughlin to present) have generally had a positive view of their experience and their complaints have been more in line of ours... that BC can be a power but is frustrated by inconsistent support. Nonetheless, one of things that has hurt us is that these former players tend to understand the benefits of using athletics to get an education. To that end, I believe we've probably been hurt by Stanford more than other programs. Scooter Harrington (dad played football and mom played softball at BC) and Aeneas DiCosmo (Anthony's kid) are both on Stanford's current roster.

As much as I think Stanford is the Duke University (not a compliment), it's hard to argue against a student choosing Stanford over BC if they want a top notch athletic/academic experience. I think as we find success in the ACC under Hafley the choice will tilt; it will become more balanced and nuanced but until then it is what it is.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:36 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

As much as I think Stanford is the Duke University (not a compliment), it's hard to argue against a student choosing Stanford over BC if they want a top notch athletic/academic experience. I think as we find success in the ACC under Hafley the choice will tilt; it will become more balanced and nuanced but until then it is what it is.

I definitely get that, but it’s frustrating to get squeezed on both ends and lose people like Wallace to factories and then regularly lose guys to Stanford, nw etc.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:17 pm

I'd probably try to not let BC football recruiting frustrate you too much. They seem to be having a decent year, and truth is, no one has a clue anyway.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:27 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I definitely get that, but it’s frustrating to get squeezed on both ends and lose people like Wallace to factories and then regularly lose guys to Stanford, nw etc.

Meh... that's where we live... competing with Factories and Academic elite. It also means that, since those are our pools from which we fish, it means the players we land are also from those categories. We routinely beat the BabyRapists for kids because we are competitive but with valuable diploma.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:59 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

bc is as far a cry of being academically elite like stanford or duke as you are from being straight and doing sex on women. bc is a nice school and much better than many from an academic standpoint, but is not in the same stratosphere as duke or stanford than anything other than the sticker price
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Skidmark on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:27 pm

Kendall has just received a bunch of Crystal Ball picks to Stanford on 247. :cry:
Skidmark
n00b

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Skidmark {l Wrote}:Kendall has just received a bunch of Crystal Ball picks to Stanford on 247. :cry:

Hansen called this over 48 hours ago.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:Kendall has just received a bunch of Crystal Ball picks to Stanford on 247. :cry:

which means apple news called it 60 hours ago
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:15 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby myles kennefick on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:20 pm

myles kennefick
n00b

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:27 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Which has proven as accurate as always. Dooder forever... hansen never.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Which has proven as accurate as always. Dooder forever... hansen never.

I hope I’m wrong dickhead
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:32 pm

Hafley's staff sure knows how to play with our emotions when it comes to social media.

Addazio's staff OTOH was the best cure for insomnia when it came to social media.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:48 pm

According to Farrell it’s BC
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:55 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Kendall to Stanford.

This certainly did not age well.

Time to bring back the Cosmo Reif award. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Get in.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:hafley presser on: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmxPzwkyogGN

Hafley put the Merrymen in a logic box for passing on a highstar recruit because he wasn't a good fit.

Who do you think he was talking about? I’m wondering if it was Rooks. He seemed to be a lock for BC. Then, just before LOI Day, 24/7 National guy predicted Ped State. He quietly never signed with anyone. Would like for Hafley to rekindle the North Jersey HS connection. But, if it ain’t a fit... it ain’t a fit.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:43 pm

I’m seeing a bunch to BC. Am i missing something?
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:

I’m seeing a bunch to BC. Am i missing something?

the dart throwers (or kendall) waffled around 5:00 or whatever

edit: looks like kendall is in

https://twitter.com/CoachJeffHafley/sta ... 4752483328
Last edited by claver2010 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:53 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Hafley put the Merrymen in a logic box for passing on a highstar recruit because he wasn't a good fit.

Who do you think he was talking about? I’m wondering if it was Rooks. He seemed to be a lock for BC. Then, just before LOI Day, 24/7 National guy predicted Ped State. He quietly never signed with anyone. Would like for Hafley to rekindle the North Jersey HS connection. But, if it ain’t a fit... it ain’t a fit.

rooks would make sense.

wallace?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Based on what I am seeing on the twitter machine, we are about to get some very good news.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

rooks would make sense.

wallace?

I was thinking Wallace.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:49 pm

The Kendalls live in Houston?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:54 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

rooks would make sense.

wallace?

I was thinking Wallace.

My original thought was Porter. This was a kid who was suspended for academic reasons in high school. Never thought he’d last long at BC. It sure sounded like they did everything possible to try and keep Wallace. It also could be just been some random recruit none of us no about. I only mentioned Rooks because I was surprised he never committed anywhere.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:02 pm

kendall brings bc to the 32nd ranked class. apparently he joins a long list enrolling in 3 weeks.

just wait till hafley is able to get kids on campus.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Based on what I am seeing on the twitter machine, we are about to get some very good news.

Kendall or no?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:13 pm

Kendall official. We have lost this recruit so many times over the last decade. Awesome to get him.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:30 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:Kendall official. We have lost this recruit so many times over the last decade. Awesome to get him.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to wear #66!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:16 pm

This is awesome news. Because there are so few 4 star recruits in MA we hate it when BC looses any of them, but every school looses in state recruits. We should be really happy with the national recruiting direction of the program. Hafley has beaten out a lot of top programs for many of these recruits in his first real recruiting year.

As for Wallace, he said he needed to see where the players live. Does he really sound like a BC type recruit? Is he going to be attitude problem? Rooks is the guy to get.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium