2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:48 pm

It’s also about recruiting to your system and needs. Hafley is doing very well at that. I think the portal is just as important a place to improve the talent level as is recruiting freshman. It should be added to rankings because the portal is becoming a significant way to build a roster.

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:33 am

Hafley is recruiting his guys, sort of felt like he is building a vintage Hurricane team, lots of fast strong Safeties to turn into LBs. Lots of speed. Hopefully he can coach them up.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:44 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:My bad, who were the other five?

Steele, Coleman, Bond, Asbury, Morehead.

Lytton as well
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 pm

https://amp.freep.com/amp/6589246002
Michigan article about Donnie Brown being responsible for New England kids proliferating the roster... how they now won’t be able to recruit as successfully post-firing... and how they don’t really care.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:https://amp.freep.com/amp/6589246002
Michigan article about Donnie Brown being responsible for New England kids proliferating the roster... how they now won’t be able to recruit as successfully post-firing... and how they don’t really care.

Nice find! Michigan will be much better off trying to compete against Tosu without Donnie Brown and his New England recruits. 1 out of 12 becoming a starter? Not a great hit rate of success. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:My bad, who were the other five?

Steele, Coleman, Bond, Asbury, Morehead.

Lytton as well

12 FRs are enrolling in January: Kendall, Phinney, Coleman, Steele, Bond, Ezeiruaku, Reynolds, Lytton, Morehead, Krajnovic, Burton, Asbury.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:hafley presser on: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmxPzwkyogGN

Hafley put the Merrymen in a logic box for passing on a highstar recruit because he wasn't a good fit.

Who do you think he was talking about? I’m wondering if it was Rooks. He seemed to be a lock for BC. Then, just before LOI Day, 24/7 National guy predicted Ped State. He quietly never signed with anyone. Would like for Hafley to rekindle the North Jersey HS connection. But, if it ain’t a fit... it ain’t a fit.

Rooks to Michigan
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:44 am

Another PWO QB: Andrew Butler.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:hafley presser on: https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmxPzwkyogGN

Hafley put the Merrymen in a logic box for passing on a highstar recruit because he wasn't a good fit.

Who do you think he was talking about? I’m wondering if it was Rooks. He seemed to be a lock for BC. Then, just before LOI Day, 24/7 National guy predicted Ped State. He quietly never signed with anyone. Would like for Hafley to rekindle the North Jersey HS connection. But, if it ain’t a fit... it ain’t a fit.

rooks would make sense.

wallace?

Maybe it was Wallace. He just signed with Kentucky.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:54 am

based on some of the rumors surrounding wallace, my guess is it's him

seems like he found the bag men in lexington
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Bunratty on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:based on some of the rumors surrounding wallace, my guess is it's him

Highly doubtful on Wallace. The staff loved him and did everything they could to keep him.
Bunratty
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:based on some of the rumors surrounding wallace, my guess is it's him

Highly doubtful on Wallace. The staff loved him and did everything they could to keep him.

i don't doubt that but i think there was a pretty clear line of demarcation in the timeline of his recruitment:

1) Committed to BC
2) Still committed to BC but some baby rapists come sniffing around
3) Decommits from BC
4) Sniffing around to take any SEC offer (Auburn, SC, then finally Kentucky)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:59 pm

What are the rumors?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:20 am

Emmett Hanna from St. Ignatius in Ohio just committed. Presumably a PWO ... 6'2/200lb DB with offers from Youngstown, Air Force Academy, Navy, Akron and some Ivys.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:41 am

Kicker/punter Matt Wilderson, assuming a PWO.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:50 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:it's Gates, corner out of akron ohio

other offers michigan state & iowa state

I guess he is going to Utah St. Anyone know what happened?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:08 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Heard academics
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:25 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Heard academics

Sounds like neither the kid nor Jeff Hafley did their homework.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:13 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Heard academics

make America MAGA again schtick > Jeff hafley sucks shtick

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:27 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Heard academics

make America MAGA again schtick > Jeff hafley sucks shtick

You are what your record says you are.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Heard academics

This one made me laugh
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Another PWO QB: Andrew Butler.

transferred to a community college
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby buconvict on Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:23 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:What are the thoughts in Michigan regarding Harbaugh, Brown and 2021 recruiting? I think they are doing a great job if they had comparable results at Cuse. But, I can't see how Wolverine fans are OK with a no name coach (HCRD) running circles around them both on and off the field. Michigan is a complete afterthought in the National picture. Their routine recruiting battles with BC speaks volumes to their current status. I'd be surprised that the alums are so willing to continue to pay the richest college coaching staff to deliver such pedestrian results.

The funniest part about it is that Michigan fans think the BC staff must hate Michigan when in reality they probably could care less since half the NE kids they are taking are guys BC didn’t want anyway.

I'm guessing this comment is about Phinney... if BC actually didn't / don't want Kendall, Hansen, Guy, Mullings, Zinter, Dennis, or Sainristil then they should probably fire everyone in the athletic department.

They haven’t landed Kendall. BC didn’t want Phinney they never offered Dennis. There’s another guy on that list they think is way overrated but I can’t name names so they didn’t want him. They didn’t offer Crippen or Kechaun Bennett. So in the last two classes 3 classes 5 of the 10 NE guys were guys BC didn’t want.

If your argument is honestly that Boston College wouldn't take Crippen, Bennett and Hansen then this isn't a discussion worth having. (edited to sound less mean / dismissive).

Then don’t have it. Fact of the matter is new staff didn’t go after Crippen or Bennett and reoffer. If you want to argue against facts be my guest you’ll be wrong.

They didn't offer JJ McCarthy either, which by your logic means they're not interested in having him or his skillset on the team? If you think them not offering Crippen has anything to do with whether or not they'd take him on the team as opposed to Crippen laughing when the phone rang then you're kidding yourself. I haven't proposed to Amanda Knox, but it's not for lack of interest.

I suppose time will tell on other names there, but I respectfully have a hard time believing BC couldn't find a way to use every single name on that list. Obviously fine not to not lose sleep over Mike Sainristil for example, but he's out there scoring TDs against ND as a true freshman. It's not like he's some scrub who couldn't help out.

Anyway not looking to argue, just sharing a Kendall update. Carry on.

Fixed that for you.

If I was a Michigan fan, this whole argument would be all the evidence needed to inspire a change. Whether or not BC would want a Michigan recruit is relevant only to the extent Michigan aspires to finish 4th in the Atlantic Division of the ACC. If I was a Michigan fan, I would want to know why none of these New England recruits were offered by Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU or OSU. Why weren't they offered by the next level recruiting like USC, PSU, Oregon, FSU, Miami, Texas, UNC, Tennessee, Florida or Auburn? If I was a Michigan fan, the question I would be asking is "Can I win a National Championship with a significant portion of my roster from Massachusetts?"

Nailed it as usual

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:35 pm

wow
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:wow

This would have been better had he stuck around, but still pretty good.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:12 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:What are the thoughts in Michigan regarding Harbaugh, Brown and 2021 recruiting? I think they are doing a great job if they had comparable results at Cuse. But, I can't see how Wolverine fans are OK with a no name coach (HCRD) running circles around them both on and off the field. Michigan is a complete afterthought in the National picture. Their routine recruiting battles with BC speaks volumes to their current status. I'd be surprised that the alums are so willing to continue to pay the richest college coaching staff to deliver such pedestrian results.

The funniest part about it is that Michigan fans think the BC staff must hate Michigan when in reality they probably could care less since half the NE kids they are taking are guys BC didn’t want anyway.

I'm guessing this comment is about Phinney... if BC actually didn't / don't want Kendall, Hansen, Guy, Mullings, Zinter, Dennis, or Sainristil then they should probably fire everyone in the athletic department.

They haven’t landed Kendall. BC didn’t want Phinney they never offered Dennis. There’s another guy on that list they think is way overrated but I can’t name names so they didn’t want him. They didn’t offer Crippen or Kechaun Bennett. So in the last two classes 3 classes 5 of the 10 NE guys were guys BC didn’t want.

If your argument is honestly that Boston College wouldn't take Crippen, Bennett and Hansen then this isn't a discussion worth having. (edited to sound less mean / dismissive).

Then don’t have it. Fact of the matter is new staff didn’t go after Crippen or Bennett and reoffer. If you want to argue against facts be my guest you’ll be wrong.

They didn't offer JJ McCarthy either, which by your logic means they're not interested in having him or his skillset on the team? If you think them not offering Crippen has anything to do with whether or not they'd take him on the team as opposed to Crippen laughing when the phone rang then you're kidding yourself. I haven't proposed to Amanda Knox, but it's not for lack of interest.

I suppose time will tell on other names there, but I respectfully have a hard time believing BC couldn't find a way to use every single name on that list. Obviously fine not to not lose sleep over Mike Sainristil for example, but he's out there scoring TDs against ND as a true freshman. It's not like he's some scrub who couldn't help out.

Anyway not looking to argue, just sharing a Kendall update. Carry on.

Fixed that for you.

If I was a Michigan fan, this whole argument would be all the evidence needed to inspire a change. Whether or not BC would want a Michigan recruit is relevant only to the extent Michigan aspires to finish 4th in the Atlantic Division of the ACC. If I was a Michigan fan, I would want to know why none of these New England recruits were offered by Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, LSU or OSU. Why weren't they offered by the next level recruiting like USC, PSU, Oregon, FSU, Miami, Texas, UNC, Tennessee, Florida or Auburn? If I was a Michigan fan, the question I would be asking is "Can I win a National Championship with a significant portion of my roster from Massachusetts?"

Nailed it as usual

As a surprise to know one, AOC’s fellow alum misses the point.

My original comment (questioning Brown as a coach and recruiting strategy centered on Mass) was made in June 2020. The subsequent pissing match between 24 and BUC (where BUC went all-in on the brilliance of Donnie Brown) occurred sometime thereafter.

Michigan wound up going 2-4 in 2020. They then fired BUC’s beloved Don Brown. They also seem to have shifted recruiting away from Mass in subsequent classes. Of the roughly 8 Mass kids (almost all upper classmen), only 2 see meaningful time (Zinter and Santrisil). Since Harbaugh unburdened himself from Don Brown, Michigan has made consecutive Playoff appearance. So… yes… it was correct to ask WTF is going on with Harbaugh’s devotion to under-performing Brown (at one time highest paid assistant). And, once he moved on, the results could not have been more dramatic.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:57 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:4 star George Rooks is getting predictions to BC

2 years later, transferring in from michigan
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:4 star George Rooks is getting predictions to BC

2 years later, transferring in from michigan

Appears he redshirted in 21 so would have 3 years remaining

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:19 am

I wonder if umconvict will be showing up to tell us we’re afterthoughts and that the guy isn’t that good.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 21, 2022 11:08 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:I wonder if umconvict will be showing up to tell us we’re afterthoughts and that the guy isn’t that good.

I think he’ll wait until after the TCU game.
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium