2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon May 25, 2020 10:01 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Looks like new commit is Ilija Krajnovic from IMG in Florida, originally from Serbia. 6'8/325 OL

Really like this pickup. This is a kid who just came to the US literally a couple months. Former volleyball player has only played football for one season over in Serbia. He had never even lifted weights until he got to IMG. So he’s a massive super athletic kid who’s obviously ridiculously raw. They are rolling the dice on that athletic upside and the dream of what he could turn out to be. But having landed Ozzy and Pyne last class that’s a great gamble to take. He can sit and you can develop him over the next couple years, would not be at all surprised if he blows up playing at IMG this fall. I know Michigan was already showing interest.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2020/4/7/21210181/michigan-football-recruiting-ilija-krajnovic-ed-warinner

Well... thankfully, he’s from Serbia and not from Mass.

If you’re going to throw darts, these are the ones to throw. Not the kid who played TE in NH

Hunter long turned out pretty good :shrug

He had 26 catches last year. Sweet

He will be playing in the NFL. Your take is a bad one. Stop.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon May 25, 2020 10:24 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Looks like new commit is Ilija Krajnovic from IMG in Florida, originally from Serbia. 6'8/325 OL

Really like this pickup. This is a kid who just came to the US literally a couple months. Former volleyball player has only played football for one season over in Serbia. He had never even lifted weights until he got to IMG. So he’s a massive super athletic kid who’s obviously ridiculously raw. They are rolling the dice on that athletic upside and the dream of what he could turn out to be. But having landed Ozzy and Pyne last class that’s a great gamble to take. He can sit and you can develop him over the next couple years, would not be at all surprised if he blows up playing at IMG this fall. I know Michigan was already showing interest.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2020/4/7/21210181/michigan-football-recruiting-ilija-krajnovic-ed-warinner

Well... thankfully, he’s from Serbia and not from Mass.

If you’re going to throw darts, these are the ones to throw. Not the kid who played TE in NH

Hunter long turned out pretty good :shrug

He had 26 catches last year. Sweet

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon May 25, 2020 11:42 am

Looks like Stoudmire's officially on board.

https://twitter.com/andybackstrom/statu ... 6215176193
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon May 25, 2020 12:31 pm

Sounds like Otto Hess could be next, new CB on 247.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon May 25, 2020 12:43 pm

The OL from Oswego, IL? Small kid, just 6'7", 285. lol

Solid offer list from P5s: Arizona, Illinois, Minnesota, UVA, Purdue, Syracuse
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby flakes on Mon May 25, 2020 1:56 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Are we in the mix for any LBs or WRs?
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon May 25, 2020 2:41 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

WR is probably the biggest question mark for me anyway because the offers they have out are mostly to some FL kids and none of these guys seem to talk to anybody so tough to get a read on where they stand in their recruitment. Although one of the FL kid Theodore Lockley likes BC he’s one to watch. I know they are still after Jack Bech even though he committed to Vandy. Bech was scheduled to visit this spring obviously never got the chance so if visits open up again he could be one to keep an eye on potentially.
As for LB I don’t think it’ll be a big class at LB already have McGowan. So there’s a couple jumbo athletes in Jacob Coleman and Shawn Munnerlyn that could be LBs, could be TEs. I’d also keep an eye on FL LB Gavin Barthiel he has BC in his top group. And Jackson Hamilton in GA is a guy they are after and he’s a big academic kid not sure where they stand for him though.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby flakes on Mon May 25, 2020 5:01 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

WR is probably the biggest question mark for me anyway because the offers they have out are mostly to some FL kids and none of these guys seem to talk to anybody so tough to get a read on where they stand in their recruitment. Although one of the FL kid Theodore Lockley likes BC he’s one to watch. I know they are still after Jack Bech even though he committed to Vandy. Bech was scheduled to visit this spring obviously never got the chance so if visits open up again he could be one to keep an eye on potentially.
As for LB I don’t think it’ll be a big class at LB already have McGowan. So there’s a couple jumbo athletes in Jacob Coleman and Shawn Munnerlyn that could be LBs, could be TEs. I’d also keep an eye on FL LB Gavin Barthiel he has BC in his top group. And Jackson Hamilton in GA is a guy they are after and he’s a big academic kid not sure where they stand for him though.

Bech’s tape is nice. Great football area too. Would be great to add him
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 25, 2020 5:23 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

What? We have not taken in an OLB in the last 2 classes! We desperately need 2 in this class.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon May 25, 2020 5:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

What? We have not taken in an OLB in the last 2 classes! We desperately need 2 in this class.

Just speculation on my part but you look at the type of DBs they are recruiting in this class and coverage skills are clearly the biggest thing would not be surprised if a couple of the safeties on the roster are brought down to LB.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 25, 2020 9:16 pm

I wish we'd stop thinking about 4-3 and 3-4 positions in today's game. OLB in any sophisticated defense is basically some combination of safeties and defensive ends. BC used to be ahead of its time, using guys like Akins and Milano at OLB, hopefully this signals a return to athletes and the end of mediocre OLB prospects chasing slot receivers and more athletic TEs all over the place. It's antiquated.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Mon May 25, 2020 9:29 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I wish we'd stop thinking about 4-3 and 3-4 positions in today's game. OLB in any sophisticated defense is basically some combination of safeties and defensive ends. BC used to be ahead of its time, using guys like Akins and Milano at OLB, hopefully this signals a return to athletes and the end of mediocre OLB prospects chasing slot receivers and more athletic TEs all over the place. It's antiquated.

This. Why recruit guys who are already too slow to cover WRs and will never have the size to be a DE?
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon May 25, 2020 10:21 pm

If that's the case, what's Phil Elmassian doing these days? He loved using smaller faster players on defense.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 25, 2020 11:35 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:If that's the case, what's Phil Elmassian doing these days? He loved using smaller faster players on defense.

If thats the case? How long has Patrick Chung been playing LB for the best franchise in the NFL? A very long time.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 26, 2020 7:07 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I wish we'd stop thinking about 4-3 and 3-4 positions in today's game. OLB in any sophisticated defense is basically some combination of safeties and defensive ends. BC used to be ahead of its time, using guys like Akins and Milano at OLB, hopefully this signals a return to athletes and the end of mediocre OLB prospects chasing slot receivers and more athletic TEs all over the place. It's antiquated.

what you didn't enjoy sparaccio chasing around clemson's wr last year?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 26, 2020 11:28 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
flakes {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:

Just speculation on my part but you look at the type of DBs they are recruiting in this class and coverage skills are clearly the biggest thing would not be surprised if a couple of the safeties on the roster are brought down to LB.

Mike Palmer, for all the criticism I throw his way, would be a good LB. He's a great tackler but gets lost in space 25 yards off the LOS.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 26, 2020 12:31 pm

hafley tweeted they got another commit
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:hafley tweeted they got another commit

So is that 1 or 2 outstanding? I’m losing track at the pace they’re going
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue May 26, 2020 12:51 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

For once, a good problem to have. I'm impressed with Hafley, tbph. Really like the offer lists of some of the recruits.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue May 26, 2020 1:05 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:

One, should be Otto hess who is rumored to be announcing this week
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue May 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Hess just announced. Nice offer list, great size
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 26, 2020 2:27 pm

6'6 290 OT out of illinois. p5 offers from: arizona, illinois, indiana, minny, purdue, cuse, uva
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 26, 2020 3:28 pm

This is a very solid class. Aside from the kicker, I bet the only 2 who don't have other P5 offers end up with them by the end of the recruiting cycle (especially the kid from Serbia).

Class is still missing a headliner or two (Landry type).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue May 26, 2020 3:55 pm

Former commit, Jaylen Kitna, just verballed to the Gators but is their 3rd QB recruit.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... lay-gators
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue May 26, 2020 4:24 pm

so that's it with the "GetIns"?

The DE/OLB with the 4.0? I think Vandy is his other P5 offer.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue May 26, 2020 4:28 pm

28th nationally, 6th acc. coaches are doing a phenomenal job.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:28th nationally, 6th acc. coaches are doing a phenomenal job.

It's not going to end anywhere near 28th though. It will end up right where the "good" Daz classes did.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue May 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

It's not going to end anywhere near 28th though. It will end up right where the "good" Daz classes did.

45th or 50th in the nation?

If memory serves me, Toby's legendary 2003 recruiting class was about 28th in the entire nation (1st in the Big East, which says nothing.)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue May 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:

A big factor in the ranking at this point has to do with the number of commits, so I agree that it's likely that this class ends up in the bottom half of the P5 classes. Schools like FSU will pass BC once they get their full class. But the other offers for these guys are impressive, although it's worth noting that Daz's last class (2020) had three guys with LSU offers.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Tue May 26, 2020 6:25 pm

Right now the average ranking of our class is dead last in the ACC and lower than each of Dazzler's last three classes. And yet every time I log onto this site, people are talking about how great the recruiting is.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium