2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby BrightonEagle on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:12 pm

yurch10 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
yurch10 {l Wrote}:
Bunratty {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Where does Aazaar fit in BC recruiting lore?

Already a Legend.

Wasn't this guy one of the random names when the staff started being announced, and nobody had any idea what his deal was? I remember there being a couple assistant's that nobody was excited about, and thought he was one of them.

Heis absolutely cleaning up in the DMV region.

Was looking briefly over UVAs class after we lost the CB to them, and while they are slightly higher rated, it seemed the offer lists weren't that impressive. That seems to be the best part of this BC class, in that generally every player has/had legitimate offers from multiple power 5 schools.

Here’s where AAR was first announced viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17676&start=240#p521454 (no meatbaum)

Thx for that. Always thought the staff hirings left people unimpressed, but I guess nobody was real down on him. Though it does seem his recruiting is even better than anticipated.

Not sure if this is what you were thinking of, but people were lukewarm on dc. Everyone was excited about aar.
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:47 pm

people were down on both coordinators & the OL coach i believe
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:10 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:February is a metric fuck ton of time away but lets keep in mind he didnt de-commit and put us high on the list, he outright committed. So I feel better. Nobody wants to be that guy that commits and switches like three times. Unless you wanna say “something something millennials something something lack of commitment something something peanut butter something something dog”

You realize that there is an early signing day in football and very few make it to Feb.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:38 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:February is a metric fuck ton of time away but lets keep in mind he didnt de-commit and put us high on the list, he outright committed. So I feel better. Nobody wants to be that guy that commits and switches like three times. Unless you wanna say “something something millennials something something lack of commitment something something peanut butter something something dog”

You realize that there is an early signing day in football and very few make it to Feb.

Even if he doesnt stick (although Joe Sullivan retweeted out something about him saying its the best decisions he's ever made so im feeling good about it right now), this is still going to open a lot of recruits eyes. I think covid-19 is going to make proximity a big thing for recruits this year ; it looked like this helped with us flipping him along with his relationship with Hafley and Azar.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:38 am

I think a cancelled season actually helps BC in recruiting. Now, when you ask kids... "if there is no football, why are you at this college?"... it may hold a little more weight (with them and their parents).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:48 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Even if he doesnt stick (although Joe Sullivan retweeted out something about him saying its the best decisions he's ever made so im feeling good about it right now), this is still going to open a lot of recruits eyes. I think covid-19 is going to make proximity a big thing for recruits this year ; it looked like this helped with us flipping him along with his relationship with Hafley and Azar.

Headline on front of Boston.com: BC football lands highest-ranked commitment in program history
Getting great publicity with this verbal.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:33 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I think a cancelled season actually helps BC in recruiting. Now, when you ask kids... "if there is no football, why are you at this college?"... it may hold a little more weight (with them and their parents).

Good point. When BC recruits, do they talk about guys like Jim Unis (who was the H.S. AA who never played a down, but arrived at the same time?), Herzlich, Ryan, Keeks, Kiwi, maybe Yeargrin... who could talk about how BC made a difference in their lives outside of football?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby StratEagle on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:59 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Headline on front of Boston.com: BC football lands highest-ranked commitment in program history

Any press is good press I guess....but also that headline is just straight up factually incorrect. Brian Toal was a 5 star. We've had other players higher rated than Burton who is outside the top 150.

Can't say we've flipped many recruits from programs like Florida though. Huge pickup.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:05 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Any press is good press I guess....but also that headline is just straight up factually incorrect. Brian Toal was a 5 star. We've had other players higher rated than Burton who is outside the top 150.

Can't say we've flipped many recruits from programs like Florida though. Huge pickup.

It was based on ESPN rankings, which have him like 74.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:58 pm

Scott Mutryn, Brian Toal, William Green and Jim Unis are 4 of our 5 best recruits over the past 30 years.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:19 pm

Trapillo and Pyne have to be up there as well based on some rankings.

I think Will Blackmon was as highly rated as anyone we are discussing other than Toal. And Mutryn
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Trapillo and Pyne have to be up there as well based on some rankings.

I think Will Blackmon was as highly rated as anyone we are discussing other than Toal. And Mutryn

I was going to mention Blackmon to round out our top 5 top rated recruits in the last 30 years. But, I wasn’t sure of his ranking (as opposed to his offers). Other Burton-level recruits: Trueblood, Leavitt, Simpson, Garay, Dillon or Beekman.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Trapillo and Pyne have to be up there as well based on some rankings.

I was going to mention Blackmon to round out our top 5 top rated recruits in the last 30 years. But, I wasn’t sure of his ranking (as opposed to his offers). Other Burton-level recruits: Trueblood, Leavitt, Simpson, Garay, Dillon or Beekman.

Pete Kendall, Mike Powers, DiCosmo...
Not sure if Burton is a top 10.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle33 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:00 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Mike_S {l Wrote}:Just read the ESPN.com article on this (https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... on-college).

From the article: “ The Eagles now have 18 total commitments in the class and two four-stars with Burton and defensive tackle Andre Porter.”

Porter is only a 2-star player on Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... ter-235896
This is very confusing for the epstein agenda.

porter is a si dc area all-america candidate. interesting - he missed his jr year due to academic issues.

https://www.si.com/college/recruiting/football/andre-porter-highlights-evaluation
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:13 am

Trevin Wallace picked up an Oklahoma offer. Gonna be a battle.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby NJM89 on Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Arizona State has now offered both our DT commits in the past week.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:49 am

lead hip fluidity evaluator at 247 predicted virginia ATH Jamareeh Jones to BC. offers from wv, maryland, unc, nd, pitt, tennessee & vandy.

being recruited as a wr.

how many wr's have we had recently that had sec offers?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:lead hip fluidity evaluator at 247 predicted virginia ATH Jamareeh Jones to BC. offers from wv, maryland, unc, nd, pitt, tennessee & vandy.

being recruited as a wr.

Someone thinks there is a flag that UVA didn’t offer.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:lead hip fluidity evaluator at 247 predicted virginia ATH Jamareeh Jones to BC. offers from wv, maryland, unc, nd, pitt, tennessee & vandy.

being recruited as a wr.

Are people really still on the Hafley-and-staff-cant-identify-good-talent ship? I would have thought that ship had sailed based on the number of big name schools trying to poach our talent?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:39 am

McCain is no more. Dont blame him when we picked up three CB recruits after him that seem to be more highly rated especially with the 4star in the mix now
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:58 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:McCain is no more. Dont blame him when we picked up three CB recruits after him that seem to be more highly rated especially with the 4star in the mix now

Who?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:11 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:McCain is no more. Dont blame him when we picked up three CB recruits after him that seem to be more highly rated especially with the 4star in the mix now

New staff did not want him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:19 am

So McGowan is the only recruit from the previous staff. Hm.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am

seems like he's heading to old dominion
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:37 pm

according to 247, class is now scored as third highest in the past 10 years:

2021 0.8505*
2020 0.8529
2019 0.8514
2018 0.8365
2017 0.8263
2016 0.8181
2015 0.8343
2014 0.8271
2013 0.8098
2012 0.8186
2011 0.8329
2010 0.8453

* the K scored as a 0.77 is the only reason this isn't statistically the highest ranked class by far in the past ten years.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:03 pm

The lowest ranked player is the most important position of need next to QB. It just shows you what a fucking moron Daz was is not recruiting the two positions that account for the most points on game day! I really believe Daz thinks the teams with the most first downs wins!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:55 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

being recruited as a wr.

Are people really still on the Hafley-and-staff-cant-identify-good-talent ship? I would have thought that ship had sailed based on the number of big name schools trying to poach our talent?

Agreed. We can all envision numerous Power-5 HCs and RCs holding recruiting meetings with their staffs and saying: "Pfft. You think I care that kid is committed to [i]Boston College!!??? That's not like trying to yank him from Clemson or Alabama or someone. Go get him.[/i]"

It will be stressful trying to keep these guys on-board, but I'd rather be in this position. Over time that will diminish as schools learn BC commits are solid rather than just locking in a spot while they search for something "better".
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:08 am

OCs_Inner_Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

being recruited as a wr.

Agreed. We can all envision numerous Power-5 HCs and RCs holding recruiting meetings with their staffs and saying: "Pfft. You think I care that kid is committed to [i]Boston College!!??? That's not like trying to yank him from Clemson or Alabama or someone. Go get him.[/i]"

It will be stressful trying to keep these guys on-board, but I'd rather be in this position. Over time that will diminish as schools learn BC commits are solid rather than just locking in a spot while they search for something "better".

we've had multiple decommits
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:26 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

being recruited as a wr.

But only 2 that had committed to JH.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:41 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

being recruited as a wr.

But only 2 that had committed to JH.

Right. Many decommits happen as better prospects commit, and the lower-rated commit decides he has a better chance at PT elsewhere. Available PT was surely a key factor in Burton's decommitment from UF to us.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium