2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:37 am

Damn, that's right.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:48 am

Greg Comella is the biggest name I can remember from the early 90s. Greg Comella went to Stanford but JP Comella played at BC.

Barry Gallup Jr went to ND.

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:How many sons of ex BC players chose to not come here? I remember Bosa going to OSU.

Are there any sons/relatives of ex BC players that came here aside from Flutie's nephew? I'm blanking.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:41 am

DrJackRyan {l Wrote}:Greg Comella is the biggest name I can remember from the early 90s. Greg Comella went to Stanford but JP Comella played at BC.

Barry Gallup Jr went to ND.

The Polo hat kid, that's right! Thx for reminding.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:55 pm

Chumura's kid went to Wisconsin. Harrington went to Stanford. Dicosmo went to Stanford. Phelan's kid went to Holy Cross. I am sure there are others I am forgetting.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:07 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Chumura's kid went to Wisconsin. Harrington went to Stanford. Dicosmo went to Stanford. Phelan's kid went to Holy Cross. I am sure there are others I am forgetting.

Anthony dicosmo has a son playing in the NCAA now? fuck, i'm old.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:51 pm

Donovan Ezeiruaku committing on Sunday should be the last “get in” thats uncalled for.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:30 am

OLB/DE with the 4.0! Last I checked he had a Vandy offer, service academies and others.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:00 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Donovan Ezeiruaku committing on Sunday should be the last “get in” thats uncalled for.

Just committed
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:27 am

Bennett Pitcher going to Harvard to play basketball
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:45 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:Bennett Pitcher going to Harvard to play basketball

Wow! Since the same databases that Michigan fans exclusively rely says that this kid was a 4-star player with offers from PSU, OSU and Michigan, I have to think this a monumental miss. When was the last time Harvard beat out Harbaugh, Franklin and HCRD for a player? Shocked.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:03 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Wow! Since the same databases that Michigan fans exclusively rely says that this kid was a 4-star player with offers from PSU, OSU and Michigan, I have to think this a monumental miss. When was the last time Harvard beat out Harbaugh, Franklin and HCRD for a player? Shocked.

Smart life decision.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:02 pm

new commit: trevin wallace. LB out of Georgia offers from Auburn, illinois & rcc
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Didn't realize Jack Bicknell was OL coach at Auburn.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:51 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I can't read all those dumb words. But I will say this, Kendall goes to UM ZERO chamce he plays in the league. He goes to BC, it is guaranteed.

Michigan kimd of sucks. All that talent for 9-4. Fuck, you can recruit Masschusetts and Don Brown your way to 9-4. Northeastern did it with the son of a SJC judge (convict will know, he went to UM law]

I am old enough on these streets to remember TW offering to buy courtside seats for us to watch the 2007 BC/MSU Big Ten/ACC Challenge - potentially the best BC bball game ever played in Conte Forum. We are friends and there is no distance between us. Here are some emojis of solidarity that most of you won't understand or appreciate for what they meant in 2009.

:dildodog :bag :toby :ignign

The city of Boston literally shut down one day because of one of those emojis. Read a book.

Anyway, while I respect his right to quad-post whilst drinking (just say you're in LA or Seattle for meetings if anyone asks, as I am now), I have some constructive challenges to offer my dear friend.
1) I got my MBA at Michigan and met Elvii there. Law school is for boring people who are unwilling to test the limits of their morality or try drugs. I respect your choices, please respect mine. The Elvii / Convict revelation would've made everyone on this board weep. Humanity at its finest.
2) UM had 4 lineman drafted this year. I appreciate the BC tradition on producing linemen for the NFL, and it is probably the position at which the "bigtime college football we have big stadiums and whatever" stuff falls apart, but if Kendall wants to join a program with an NFL OL pedigree, UM is about as good as it gets lately. Wisconsin, BC, PSU, Iowa all in the mix there, but to act as if UM isn't pumping kids into the NFL lately is misguided.
2A) This point probably calls out the larger issue of "where you should go to college" vs. "where should you go if you only care about getting drafted"... Everyone should "probably go" to Stanford or Northwestern if they can get in. Beyond that, UM / BC / UVA / UNC / ND / Vanderbilt / Cal if they want to learn something during college. If they want to get drafted, then that's a different story. To get drafted you need to play. To play you need to not get boxed out by other recruits. In this I agree with TW - if Drew Kendall wants to get drafted, he should go to BC and be Lindstrom 2.0. Don't bother with the competition of a school like Michigan (sorry if this offends, but you know what I mean). Go to BC, play 35 games, get drafted, make your money, done.
3) Everyone should go to a game with 80k+ attendance before judging a player who chooses the 80k night game on ABC experience over the 27k metal bench at noon experience. It's genuinely different / moving, and if a kid thinks he's good enough for the NFL, he probably won't be scared of the depth chart (as much as he probably should be mindful of it). So if Kendall chooses UM, at least appreciate why.

:pickle

#michiganmbasmatter :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:11 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:new commit: trevin wallace. LB out of Georgia offers from Auburn, illinois & rcc

who are the assistant coaches responsible for recruiting in Georgia? iirc, Daz had some success down there early, but fizzled out. hope Haf keeps it up and continues to make that part of the country a priority.

maybe eventually we can receive some "good news" from Houston and other parts of TX.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:new commit: trevin wallace. LB out of Georgia offers from Auburn, illinois & rcc

Someone else just committed per Hafley's twitter account
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:45 pm

nvm
Last edited by MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:46 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Someone else just committed per Hafley's twitter account

I like that Wallace is coming in as a LB, but played WR/S in high school.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:49 pm

Keeks was a safety in HS, no?

New commit is Jonas Sanker, DB from VA.

BC, Temple, service academies, and some Ivies, and a bunch of 1AA schools.
https://twitter.com/BostonCollegeSI/sta ... 1164617728
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:28 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Keeks was a safety in HS, no?

New commit is Jonas Sanker, DB from VA.

BC, Temple, service academies, and some Ivies, and a bunch of 1AA schools.
https://twitter.com/BostonCollegeSI/sta ... 1164617728

Makes me a little nervous that a kid playing in Charlotesville doesn't have an offer from UVA.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Kani Walker to Lville (Lville and BC couldn't be different schools so this one is confusing) and Tahj Bullock to VT.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:20 pm

This Kendall nugget from the main Michigan writer earlier today: “I’m glad I never put in a pick for Drew Kendall to Michigan. Maybe he’ll end up in Ann Arbor still but I think he’ll end up somewhere else whether that’s Boston College, Stanford or Penn State or somewhere else.” Seems he's in no rush to commit, and while UM generally doesn't put the press on guys, it seems they're communicating that he needs to commit now or look somewhere else.

Edit: Sorry to waste everyone's time posting about Kendall. I shared the above before seeing that HJS had rendered his verdict about whether or not Kendall is good enough to start at any of the programs chasing him. Since HJS has declared that he is not, and that his BC recruitment is but a mere vanity play to not lose legacies to other schools with the potential benefit of interior line depth in years 4 and 5, I realize now that any updates, commentary, or general attention paid to his recruitment is pointless. Apologies again for the intrusion.
Last edited by buconvict on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:25 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

Man you've lost your fastball.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:30 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:This Kendall nugget from the main Michigan writer earlier today: “I’m glad I never put in a pick for Drew Kendall to Michigan. Maybe he’ll end up in Ann Arbor still but I think he’ll end up somewhere else whether that’s Boston College, Stanford or Penn State or somewhere else.” Seems he's in no rush to commit, and while UM generally doesn't put the press on guys, it seems they're communicating that he needs to commit now or look somewhere else.

He’s planning to commit at latest by the end of July. Things could change obviously by as of now that’s his plan. That quote came from the national writer Wiltfong who’s considered by many to be the top analyst in the profession at this point. I think it’s not so much they are pressuring him as it’s a question of whether they have the space. The thought is they’ve recently decided to take 1 tackle and 1 guard instead of just 2 OL in general. The top guard target for them is a top 100 in state kid that they have as one of their top overall targets. So the discussion seems to be will Michigan take Kendall and then not take another tackle as they aren’t wanting to go over 6 OL. It’s looking more likely they are willing to wait on the in state kid and pursue tackles for the 2nd spot left but we’ll see how that unfolds.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:02 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:This Kendall nugget from the main Michigan writer earlier today: “I’m glad I never put in a pick for Drew Kendall to Michigan. Maybe he’ll end up in Ann Arbor still but I think he’ll end up somewhere else whether that’s Boston College, Stanford or Penn State or somewhere else.” Seems he's in no rush to commit, and while UM generally doesn't put the press on guys, it seems they're communicating that he needs to commit now or look somewhere else.

Edit: Sorry to waste everyone's time posting about Kendall. I shared the above before seeing that HJS had rendered his verdict about whether or not Kendall is good enough to start at any of the programs chasing him. Since HJS has declared that he is not, and that his BC recruitment is but a mere vanity play to not lose legacies to other schools with the potential benefit of interior line depth in years 4 and 5, I realize now that any updates, commentary, or general attention paid to his recruitment is pointless. Apologies again for the intrusion.

I appreciate the tidbit.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:07 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Edit: Sorry to waste everyone's time posting about Kendall. I shared the above before seeing that HJS had rendered his verdict about whether or not Kendall is good enough to start at any of the programs chasing him. Since HJS has declared that he is not, and that his BC recruitment is but a mere vanity play to not lose legacies to other schools with the potential benefit of interior line depth in years 4 and 5, I realize now that any updates, commentary, or general attention paid to his recruitment is pointless. Apologies again for the intrusion.

I had no idea what you were referring to so I went back and reread my post. I did write that he wouldn’t start no matter where he ended up. That wasn’t what I meant... what I meant (and was remiss in writing) is that I don’t think he would start as a true freshman. It was part of the “generational talent“ comment.

Sorry about missing out on Pitcher, but at least he’ll be playing for another Michigan Man.

Enjoy, another 9-4 season whenever they are allowed to start playing football again. First TOB, now Harbaugh... BUC sure is a glutton for mediocrity.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:00 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:How many sons of ex BC players chose to not come here? I remember Bosa going to OSU.

Are there any sons/relatives of ex BC players that came here aside from Flutie's nephew? I'm blanking.

Since you are counting nephews, John Loughery’s panned our nicely at BC.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:45 pm

Sounds like Drew Kendall to announce by end of July.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:50 am

Lewis Bond picked up a UVA offer.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:Edit: Sorry to waste everyone's time posting about Kendall. I shared the above before seeing that HJS had rendered his verdict about whether or not Kendall is good enough to start at any of the programs chasing him. Since HJS has declared that he is not, and that his BC recruitment is but a mere vanity play to not lose legacies to other schools with the potential benefit of interior line depth in years 4 and 5, I realize now that any updates, commentary, or general attention paid to his recruitment is pointless. Apologies again for the intrusion.

I had no idea what you were referring to so I went back and reread my post. I did write that he wouldn’t start no matter where he ended up. That wasn’t what I meant... what I meant (and was remiss in writing) is that I don’t think he would start as a true freshman. It was part of the “generational talent“ comment.

Sorry about missing out on Pitcher, but at least he’ll be playing for another Michigan Man.

Enjoy, another 9-4 season whenever they are allowed to start playing football again. First TOB, now Harbaugh... BUC sure is a glutton for mediocrity.

Pitcher just got ranked in the top100 for basketball and top player in MA
NJM89
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium