2021 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2021 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Claims he’ll still consider BC. Claims he’s going to focus on finding a school that will best development him into a man. But... we’ve all seen this movie before. Real tough for Southern kids to pass on SEC.
“My plan is to take a step back and just figure out where I want to go, to open my eyes to everything,” Wallace said. “I need to figure out what school can develop me best as a man and as a player. I’m going to be going to school by myself as an 18-year old. I need someone to be a father-figure since my father isn’t going to be there. Someone to make sure I’m on the right path. I’m not going to enroll early so I might wait until February to sign.”

That is an odd thing to say.
Anyway, this hurts as the staff considered him our #1 recruit and he probably would have started next season, but they were worried about holding on to him since he verballed.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:33 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Claims he’ll still consider BC. Claims he’s going to focus on finding a school that will best development him into a man. But... we’ve all seen this movie before. Real tough for Southern kids to pass on SEC.
“My plan is to take a step back and just figure out where I want to go, to open my eyes to everything,” Wallace said. “I need to figure out what school can develop me best as a man and as a player. I’m going to be going to school by myself as an 18-year old. I need someone to be a father-figure since my father isn’t going to be there. Someone to make sure I’m on the right path. I’m not going to enroll early so I might wait until February to sign.”

Anyway, this hurts as the staff considered him our #1 recruit and he probably would have started next season, but they were worried about holding on to him since he verballed.

The lure of Auburn to a GA kid must be pretty strong even if they are currently Nick saban’s bitch.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:17 pm

The staff will do its best in continuing to flip guys from other programs. Sucks we couldn't keep Wallace on board, tho.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:30 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

That's not something an 18 year old kid says, that's something an 18 year old kid hears an adult say and repeats because the kid thinks it sounds good. Very interesting because it tells you 1) the negative recruiting angle against Hafley and B) that our top recruit apparently buys it. Oh excuse me, former top recruit.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:02 pm

Who was it that called the decommit as his rank increased?

spot on
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:19 am

I don't want to say that we can't get elite recruits but it will always be a tough sell, especially if they are from another region. IMO we have to get our elites from the north east and use the other regions to get our under the radar guys.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:31 am

The SEC is a completely different recruiting animal from BC. Most of the programs are battling for 5* players and their recruitments are very different ($$). When Boosters get involved, it’s a completely different game and one BC doesn’t play.

I am not saying that has happened with Wallace but look at who is circling: Auburn, LSU, Georgia. The heaviest hitters in a conference not known for their scruples.

I don’t blame him and wish him luck. I think he has a great chance to be in the NFL in a few years. Getting Bryce Steele will offset this a bit but make no mistake, Wallace is a damn stud.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:14 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't want to say that we can't get elite recruits but it will always be a tough sell, especially if they are from another region. IMO we have to get our elites from the north east and use the other regions to get our under the radar guys.

That is exactly what we've done (if you consider DC northeast). It just so happens that our staff is good at identifying talent. So, our verbals from outside the region ARE under-the-radar-guys that folks here are ho-hum about. But, occasionally, they blow-up and get-on-radar before we can sign them.

My take is that Wallace was going to be a star at BC. But, I will never, EVER understand the thought process from committing to a school like BC (or WF, DU, NW, ND, Vandy, Stan, UCLA, USC, GT, UVA, UNC) and then flipping to a school that has absolutely ZERO academic value. I get the bright lights and star power... but, schools like Auburn and LSU (my money is on him picking the National Champs) do absolutely nothing for the student-athlete (outside making him a local celebrity in central Alabama).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't want to say that we can't get elite recruits but it will always be a tough sell, especially if they are from another region. IMO we have to get our elites from the north east and use the other regions to get our under the radar guys.

That is exactly what we've done (if you consider DC northeast). It just so happens that our staff is good at identifying talent. So, our verbals from outside the region ARE under-the-radar-guys that folks here are ho-hum about. But, occasionally, they blow-up and get-on-radar before we can sign them.

My take is that Wallace was going to be a star at BC. But, I will never, EVER understand the thought process from committing to a school like BC (or WF, DU, NW, ND, Vandy, Stan, UCLA, USC, GT, UVA, UNC) and then flipping to a school that has absolutely ZERO academic value. I get the bright lights and star power... but, schools like Auburn and LSU (my money is on him picking the National Champs) do absolutely nothing for the student-athlete (outside making him a local celebrity in central Alabama).

Grew up a Gators fan and rumor is that they are going to swoop in late. Think it's between them and Auburn the more ive read about him.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:21 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Have to keep in mind that for the kid’s high school coach, getting him to play at UGA or Auburn is important for his own reputation
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:00 am

BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Have to keep in mind that for the kid’s high school coach, getting him to play at UGA or Auburn is important for his own reputation

That is my concern.

If he grew up a Gator fan and they offer, I understand it. I also understand UGA. But, Auburn just feels like picking the SEC and not the school.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:22 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That is my concern.

If he grew up a Gator fan and they offer, I understand it. I also understand UGA. But, Auburn just feels like picking the SEC and not the school.

Yeah that’s why it’s always going to be hard to hold onto kids like him, barring a massive increase in BC’s reputation. Even if the kid wants to come, at a lot of high schools you’re going to be recruiting against the high school coach too.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:37 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That is my concern.

Yeah that’s why it’s always going to be hard to hold onto kids like him, barring a massive increase in BC’s reputation. Even if the kid wants to come, at a lot of high schools you’re going to be recruiting against the high school coach too.

I suspect a lot of these high school coaches see BC as something of a Power-5 safety valve for their kids. "Commit" to lock in a spot while you try to blow up that Fall. Improvement on the field will help us to better fend off the Floridas (in Wallace's case).
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:31 am

247 crystal ball just popped up for Wallace to Auburn but it seems that Bryce Steele to BC is gaining momentum even beyond the 247 BC writers
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:47 am

yes the expectation is steele will commit tonight
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:yes the expectation is steele will commit tonight

Pretty good backup for Wallace!
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:08 pm

5:00 announcement.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:01 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:247 crystal ball just popped up for Wallace to Auburn but it seems that Bryce Steele to BC is gaining momentum even beyond the 247 BC writers

Do you think it's contingent on whether Florida offers?
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:42 pm

4 star George Rooks is getting predictions to BC
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:15 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

5:00 announcement.

Done!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:15 pm

Bryce Steele committed to BC. :screamyeagle
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby BrightonEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:42 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:Bryce Steele committed to BC. :screamyeagle

Seems like there’s a disconnect between his stars and offer list. Are those real offers?
BrightonEagle
Carney Hall

Postby StratEagle on Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:49 pm

BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:

Seems like there’s a disconnect between his stars and offer list. Are those real offers?

He's a 4 star on 247 which has the "best" ratings these days. Beat out Michigan State, Texas, & NC State at least. Not sure if the other blue bloods may have been a while ago. He hasn't played since Sophomore year apparently.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Hell yeah.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:52 pm

StratEagle {l Wrote}:
BrightonEagle {l Wrote}:

He's a 4 star on 247 which has the "best" ratings these days. Beat out Michigan State, Texas, & NC State at least. Not sure if the other blue bloods may have been a while ago. He hasn't played since Sophomore year apparently.

Injured and then covid?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Dante Reynolds to be the sixth Eagle to enroll early out of the current 24 commits.

We signed 16 guys last year and those six can be counted in that class. this means seven more people can sign 2021 assuming no more decommits. Who is our top seven targets? Kendall and who else?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:42 pm

My bad, who were the other five?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:01 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:My bad, who were the other five?

Steele, Coleman, Bond, Asbury, Morehead.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby StratEagle on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Burton indicated he was going to as well.
StratEagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:20 pm

Kendall
Rooks
Jaden Williams

they're also going to be mining the transfer portal
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric