2019 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:45 pm

VPI losing at home by 4 TDs to Duke, and it’s not that close.

They just showed an EJ Perry lowlight from Brown/Harvard.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 640
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am
Karma: 65

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:57 pm

:angrychicken
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby hansen on Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:28 pm

Zero room for error left if this team is going to win 8 regular season games.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15107
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 284

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby HJS on Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:01 am

hansen wrote:Zero room for error left if this team is going to win 8 regular season games.

To get to 8 wins, this team would first have to win a 7th game. That ain’t happening.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14252
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 246

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:43 am

since nate freese graduated, we have lost 9 games directly because we can't execute FG / XP
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3075

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:56 pm

BC v VTech, Kansas, Rutgers & Wake:

1st Half
BC 86
Opponent 72

2nd Half
BC 27
Opponent 47
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:07 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:BC v VTech, Kansas, Rutgers & Wake:

1st Half
BC 86
Opponent 72

2nd Half
BC 27
Opponent 47


Halftime Adjustments, yay!
User avatar
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm
Karma: 302

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby BC96 on Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:04 am

RegalBCeagle wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:BC v VTech, Kansas, Rutgers & Wake:

1st Half
BC 86
Opponent 72

2nd Half
BC 27
Opponent 47


Halftime Adjustments, yay!


We're up, aren't we?
BC96
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:26 pm
Karma: 59

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:32 am

eepstein0 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
claver2010 wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
Los wrote:
eagletx wrote:the path to another successful 7 win season will be dependent on Dillon running behind the ACC's best Oline

Does somebody actually believe we have the best offensive line in the ACC?


Actually yes.


i don't see us taking a step back at C or LT


The OL will be fine under Daz. I’m concerned the D may give up 40 a game.


Every team replaces players on defense. Hamp Cheevers was made to be all ACC in this defense. There are more players that come from where the others left, and they are often better than the status quo. Hamp Cheevers leaving early, for example, net plus. Buh, bye.


The above aged well


and how many times has AJD been hit before reaching the line of scrimmage? Definitely more than 50% of the time.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:31 am

Are we going to hear any confirmation of Brown's obvious ligament tear or are they just going to call him week-to-week for the rest of the season?
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14961
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2911

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby Logitano on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:33 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:Are we going to hear any confirmation of Brown's obvious ligament tear or are they just going to call him week-to-week for the rest of the season?


Aren't we all day to day? :ace
Logitano
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 876

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby BC923 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:53 pm

Kansas fired their OC. That’s the guy that put up 48 on us
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3137
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 428

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby eagle33 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:53 am

BC923 wrote:Kansas fired their OC. That’s the guy that put up 48 on us


Which leads one to ask why is Sheridan still employed. We are ranked 104th in total defense, 99th in passing yds allowed, 102nd in rushing yds allowed, 119th in 3rd down conversion allowed pct.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

EDIT: and 122nd in red zone defense.
eagle33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: 70

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:53 pm

eagle33 wrote:
BC923 wrote:Kansas fired their OC. That’s the guy that put up 48 on us


Which leads one to ask why is Sheridan still employed. We are ranked 104th in total defense, 99th in passing yds allowed, 102nd in rushing yds allowed, 119th in 3rd down conversion allowed pct.

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

EDIT: and 122nd in red zone defense.


Because will never admit that he has made a mistake. Have you once ever heard the man take responsibility for something?
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 468

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:46 am

Does anyone remember who else was playing FS/SS (other than Palmer, MEA & Borgerson) in the Spring Game? Maybe Tyler Days? I believe the only safeties on the roster are Palmer, MEA, Borgerson, Days, J Williams, Grieco, and Lubischer.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby eagle33 on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:01 pm

from the bc football twitter machine:

On Saturday, @KobayWhite became the first BC wide receiver to catch his 10th career TD pass since Alex Amidon (2012).

interesting. 2012 was seven years ago..
eagle33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am
Karma: 70

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:10 pm

eagle33 wrote:from the bc football twitter machine:

On Saturday, @KobayWhite became the first BC wide receiver to catch his 10th career TD pass since Alex Amidon (2012).

interesting. 2012 was seven years ago..


1. Our WRs have not been good;
B. Our QBs have been worse;
III. Our HC is a sceptic of the forward pass.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Is CJ Lewis redshirting? I have not noticed him since his TD pass in the Kansas game. He was standing by himself without a helmet during the FSU game.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:Is CJ Lewis redshirting? I have not noticed him since his TD pass in the Kansas game. He was standing by himself without a helmet during the FSU game.


foot injury, iirc.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -173

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:16 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:Is CJ Lewis redshirting? I have not noticed him since his TD pass in the Kansas game. He was standing by himself without a helmet during the FSU game.


turf toe and then hamstring (but i may be making that last one up, there was definitely another injury after the turf toe) i think daz said in one of his radio shows he's going to RS
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3075

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:45 pm

FR PWO Quin Scott is entering the transfer portal.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:42 am

Evan Stewart entering the transfer portal. Don't think he played at all this year.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:44 am

Aaron Gethers entering the transfer portal.
FREE KRAFT
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 134

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:Evan Stewart entering the transfer portal. Don't think he played at all this year.


He had some decent offers out of HS
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -258

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:14 am

eepstein0 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:Evan Stewart entering the transfer portal. Don't think he played at all this year.


He had some decent offers out of HS


Wouldn't a player want to wait until a coach is hired?
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15107
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 284

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby fs33 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:21 am

hansen wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:Evan Stewart entering the transfer portal. Don't think he played at all this year.


He had some decent offers out of HS


Wouldn't a player want to wait until a coach is hired?


He can still remove his name if he wanted. If I were a player (particularly one that didn't see playing time on this defense), I think there's only upside in entering your name before the early signing period when teams have more scholarships to allocate. He always seemed like a Milano-type linebacker-safety hybrid. If there is any truth to the Don Brown rumors, he would seem like an ideal candidate to benefit from a fresh start with a new coaching staff.

Who knows. His dad played at Rutgers, so that would seem like a logical landing spot, particularly with their roster turnover.
Image
fs33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Karma: 180

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:24 am

Anyone who couldn't earn playing time on this year's defense is not a big loss.
Eagle Outsider "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
User avatar
Corporal Funishment
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 pm
Karma: -384

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby hansen on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:36 am

fs33 wrote:
hansen wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:Evan Stewart entering the transfer portal. Don't think he played at all this year.


He had some decent offers out of HS


Wouldn't a player want to wait until a coach is hired?


He can still remove his name if he wanted. If I were a player (particularly one that didn't see playing time on this defense), I think there's only upside in entering your name before the early signing period when teams have more scholarships to allocate. He always seemed like a Milano-type linebacker-safety hybrid. If there is any truth to the Don Brown rumors, he would seem like an ideal candidate to benefit from a fresh start with a new coaching staff.

Who knows. His dad played at Rutgers, so that would seem like a logical landing spot, particularly with their roster turnover.


Do players still have lose a year of eligibility if they transfer? or did they get rid of that rule. if so, he would only have 2 years left since he redshirted 2018 and played sparingly in 2019.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15107
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 284

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby fs33 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:42 am

hansen wrote:
fs33 wrote:
hansen wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:Evan Stewart entering the transfer portal. Don't think he played at all this year.


He had some decent offers out of HS


Wouldn't a player want to wait until a coach is hired?


He can still remove his name if he wanted. If I were a player (particularly one that didn't see playing time on this defense), I think there's only upside in entering your name before the early signing period when teams have more scholarships to allocate. He always seemed like a Milano-type linebacker-safety hybrid. If there is any truth to the Don Brown rumors, he would seem like an ideal candidate to benefit from a fresh start with a new coaching staff.

Who knows. His dad played at Rutgers, so that would seem like a logical landing spot, particularly with their roster turnover.


Do players still have lose a year of eligibility if they transfer? or did they get rid of that rule. if so, he would only have 2 years left since he redshirted 2018 and played sparingly in 2019.


For players who transfer before graduating, they still lose a year, but hardship waivers (where players don't have to sit a year) are exceedingly common. (see, e.g., every SEC/ Big10 QB transfer). If Stewart transfer back to his home state school after a coaching change, he probably would be able to make a case for a hardship waiver. Johnny Langan got a hardship waiver last year when he transferred from BC to Rutgers.
Image
fs33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Karma: 180

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:27 pm

Corporal Funishment wrote:Anyone who couldn't earn playing time on this year's defense is not a big loss.


You’re assuming the same staff who had LBs covering 4.4 speed WRs knew how to utilize the talent correctly
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16213
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -258

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TontoKowalski and 12 guests

Untitled document