2019 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Manny {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Manny {l Wrote}:Hey IB guess what

what?

Stop talking forever

no
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:00 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:I think the other ACC coaches have us pegged about right.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2019

This is fairly accurate, but for the last point. Did he actually fire people ? Loeffler got a new job, Campanile took a new job. Did he "fire" Reid or was that more of a transition given his age. While I think hes on the hot seat, I dont think he made a desperation move and was firing people as a way to save himself, he was just dealing with normal turnover, the same he has dealt with basically since hes been here.

Perhaps there was more to the Campanile story? Why he didn't get DC? (just throwing crap at the wall) These coaches love to gossip.

Reid seemed to have health issues each year so his time as DC was going to come to an end eventually.

This quote stood out the most to me, "The quarterback (Anthony Brown) is solid but not really special; they don't ask him to win games, but they'll probably need him to do a little bit more."

That to me has always been the problem for the ketchup king. Brown is decent but clearly not special. Dazz needs special to have any chance. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Recap of scrimmage:

https://twitter.com/BCFootball/status/1 ... 4714044428

Stable of RBs, Zay Flowers and Sparacio getting mentions.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby flakes on Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:10 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Recap of scrimmage:

I have so much difficulty getting excited for more jet sweeps and 3 TE sets
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:38 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Recap of scrimmage:

Based on Addazio's comments and his inability to contain his smile, I think we'll see a good amount of Zay Flowers this season. "Elite" speed. He had a pretty good offer list including South Carolina, Nebraska, NCSU, Kentucky, UNC, Pitt, etc.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:18 pm

He basically said he's faster than Smith, which is stupid fast.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:25 pm

Flowers has been getting mentioned all camp and WR is open beyond kobay. Has gotten some reps w first team, absurd athlete

Re the sweeps, bajakian is much more vertical than loeffler. Whether that translates to the game who knows
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Flowers has been getting mentioned all camp and WR is open beyond kobay. Has gotten some reps w first team, absurd athlete

Re the sweeps, bajakian is much more vertical than loeffler. Whether that translates to the game who knows

Hopefully less telegraphed jet sweeps.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:53 pm

Really excited for the season... so much young talent.
Think the change in OC is gonna make a huge difference.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:54 am

aj black branched off from bci after they decided to cover more underwater basketweaving and nags broom hockey, he was at the scrimmage yesterday:

https://mavensports.io/bostoncollege/fo ... 69G0spglQ/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:06 am

Interesting. Good to see another source for BC info. Admittedly, by fanaticism has waned over the years, but I’m glad more and more outlets are available. I especially am glad to see 74 finding a new home to post. ATL’s halting comments was the silencing of an entire generation.

So, for BC-centric discussions you have: EO, EI, EA, ATL, BCI and BC Maven. Any others? That’s pretty much a website per every 100 BC fans.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:36 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Interesting. Good to see another source for BC info. Admittedly, by fanaticism has waned over the years, but I’m glad more and more outlets are available. I especially am glad to see 74 finding a new home to post. ATL’s halting comments was the silencing of an entire generation.

So, for BC-centric discussions you have: EO, EI, EA, ATL, BCI and BC Maven. Any others? That’s pretty much a website per every 10 BC fans.

fixed

didn't realize the island of misfit posters had closed.... when did that happen? what prompted it... any specific episode?

p.s. how are the posters there going to complain about AB not being the right "fit"?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Logitano on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:01 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Interesting. Good to see another source for BC info. Admittedly, by fanaticism has waned over the years, but I’m glad more and more outlets are available. I especially am glad to see 74 finding a new home to post. ATL’s halting comments was the silencing of an entire generation.

So, for BC-centric discussions you have: EO, EI, EA, ATL, BCI and BC Maven. Any others? That’s pretty much a website per every 10 BC fans.

fixed

didn't realize the island of misfit posters had closed.... when did that happen? what prompted it... any specific episode?

p.s. how are the posters there going to complain about AB not being the right "fit"?

ATL closed posting I want to say about 6 months ago.

The posters kept getting weirder and weirder and more and more personal on their attacks. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:21 am

So, for BC-centric discussions you have: EO, EI, EA, ATL, BCI and BC Maven. Any others? That’s pretty much a website per every 100 BC fans.

think that's it. bci has essentially died by focusing on non revenue sports at the expense of sports people care about

atl killed the comments (the commenters were EA level bizarre) but then stopping posting soon thereafter, not sure what happened tbh
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 am

BCI's problem is they'll run a 18-part series on women's hockey gifs but then when basketball or football gets a new recruit, they'll post a 75 word "article" that could have been written by a bot scraping the recruit's 247 page (and the bot would make fewer grammatical errors). That the writers waste their time on crap next to no one cares about is evidence of poor oversight. The venture capitalists watching their money circle the drain on their investment in this sports media property probably have the same sinking feeling the parents of BCI's writers had when their children said they wanted a master's in creative writing: a deadening realization that one's hard earned cash is going to generate an ROI akin to the average temperature 20,000 feet above the North Pole. Ironically, they lament for the same reason: neither had the hardness of will to force the millenials to apply their efforts to endeavors that are actually valued by others.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:29 am

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:BCI's problem is they'll run a 18-part series on women's hockey gifs but then when basketball or football gets a new recruit, they'll post a 75 word "article" that could have been written by a bot scraping the recruit's 247 page (and the bot would make fewer grammatical errors). That the writers waste their time on crap next to no one cares about is evidence of poor oversight. The venture capitalists watching their money circle the drain on their investment in this sports media property probably have the same sinking feeling the parents of BCI's writers had when their children said they wanted a master's in creative writing: a deadening realization that one's hard earned cash is going to generate an ROI akin to the average temperature 20,000 feet above the North Pole. Ironically, they lament for the same reason: neither had the hardness of will to force the millenials to apply their efforts to endeavors that are actually valued by others.

their last article in 'bc football preseason coverage' thread was from last month...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:32 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2019

This is fairly accurate, but for the last point. Did he actually fire people ? Loeffler got a new job, Campanile took a new job. Did he "fire" Reid or was that more of a transition given his age. While I think hes on the hot seat, I dont think he made a desperation move and was firing people as a way to save himself, he was just dealing with normal turnover, the same he has dealt with basically since hes been here.

Perhaps there was more to the Campanile story? Why he didn't get DC? (just throwing crap at the wall) These coaches love to gossip.

Reid seemed to have health issues each year so his time as DC was going to come to an end eventually.

This quote stood out the most to me, "The quarterback (Anthony Brown) is solid but not really special; they don't ask him to win games, but they'll probably need him to do a little bit more."

That to me has always been the problem for the ketchup king. Brown is decent but clearly not special. Dazz needs special to have any chance. :ace

I don't think Daz would ever be comfortable with a "special" QB. He doesn't want that much confidence at that position. He doesn't want the Alpha Male there. He wants them to trust his OL, RB and 3 TE's and "win it in the 4th qtr". If he had Matt Ryan, he'd either limit his development, or he'd transfer out of frustration.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles06 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:BCI's problem is they'll run a 18-part series on women's hockey gifs but then when basketball or football gets a new recruit, they'll post a 75 word "article" that could have been written by a bot scraping the recruit's 247 page (and the bot would make fewer grammatical errors). That the writers waste their time on crap next to no one cares about is evidence of poor oversight. The venture capitalists watching their money circle the drain on their investment in this sports media property probably have the same sinking feeling the parents of BCI's writers had when their children said they wanted a master's in creative writing: a deadening realization that one's hard earned cash is going to generate an ROI akin to the average temperature 20,000 feet above the North Pole. Ironically, they lament for the same reason: neither had the hardness of will to force the millenials to apply their efforts to endeavors that are actually valued by others.

their last article in 'bc football preseason coverage' thread was from last month...

And it looks like they have one of their hockey guys writing football now.

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/8/1 ... t-unranked
BCEagles06
n00b

Postby flakes on Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:42 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I don't think Daz would ever be comfortable with a "special" QB. He doesn't want that much confidence at that position. He doesn't want the Alpha Male there. He wants them to trust his OL, RB and 3 TE's and "win it in the 4th qtr". If he had Matt Ryan, he'd either limit his development, or he'd transfer out of frustration.

There are at least 50 FBS QBs I’d rather have than Brown, but at least 120 offensive philosophies I’d rather gave than Daz’s
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:33 pm

BCEagles06 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

And it looks like they have one of their hockey guys writing football now.

https://www.bcinterruption.com/2019/8/1 ... t-unranked

They will also subtweet you with screengrabs of their page view metrics with a militancy and passion rivaled only by the Taliban if you dare to suggest they cover less women's non-revenue sports and more football and basketball.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:15 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Nah. Even TOBy won 9 with a broken-footed Ryan in 2006. The only players that transfer OUT of BC are the players that know they are not going to start their senior year and don't want to waste anymore of their eligibility.

If Coach Ketchup had Matt Ryan, he'd win at least 10 regular season games, maybe even win the division. Limiting development has never been the problem for Addazio. He and his staff do quite a good job developing just "marginal" athletes into players that can go 4-4 in ACC play. Give him Ryan and he would beat Clemson. The problem is, he can't get anyone like Ryan.

Alec Baldwin yelling at him to Always Be Closing wouldn't change a thing. Daz can't sell.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Shit. Credit where due, this might be your best post.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:20 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:
Logitano {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Nah. Even TOBy won 9 with a broken-footed Ryan in 2006. The only players that transfer OUT of BC are the players that know they are not going to start their senior year and don't want to waste anymore of their eligibility.

If Coach Ketchup had Matt Ryan, he'd win at least 10 regular season games, maybe even win the division. Limiting development has never been the problem for Addazio. He and his staff do quite a good job developing just "marginal" athletes into players that can go 4-4 in ACC play. Give him Ryan and he would beat Clemson. The problem is, he can't get anyone like Ryan.

Alec Baldwin yelling at him to Always Be Closing wouldn't change a thing. Daz can't sell.

Lol. Revisionist Bystandet.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:58 pm

fyi tickets arrived today
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:06 am

Maybe I missed it... Is the consensus around a 6-6 regular season and a whopping victory over the AAC host of the Fenway Bowl to get to that sought after 7 wins?? I mean, that or 10-2?
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:08 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:Maybe I missed it... Is the consensus around a 6-6 regular season and a whopping victory over the AAC host of the Fenway Bowl to get to that sought after 7 wins?? I mean, that or 10-2?

Fenway bowl isn't until next year. This year our best hope is the Tony the Tiger Bowl.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:15 am

flowers projects to be pr & kr

i like it, get the ball in the hands of your most electric player. never liked the idea of kobay back there
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06 am

Any idea when the 2-deep for VPI will be out?
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:13 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:21 pm

MaxxPower325 {l Wrote}:Any idea when the 2-deep for VPI will be out?

monday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy