2019 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby flakes on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:20 am

Interesting stat: we’re 128th out of 130 in returning defensive production. If the offense can’t stay on the field we could be in for a looooong season.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:37 pm

Addazio, what a dude, he thinks the offensive line will be even better this year than it was last year....

I wasn't all that impressed with how the offensive line performed last year (strongly disagree with the coach that it was one of the best lines in the country) but I don't think Steve should be laying all of that on John Phillips and Ben Petrula thinking that it will be even better this year. I certainly hope he's right. I think A J Dillon will be outstanding this year. I expect this team will run, run, and run some more, but I'd argue that is more A J just making things happen.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:19 pm

A bit OT, but just saw on twitter that Darius Wade is transferring to Bowling Green with loeffler and is immediately eligible
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:48 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:A bit OT, but just saw on twitter that Darius Wade is transferring to Bowling Green with loeffler and is immediately eligible

How many former BC players are there now?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby NJM89 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:33 am

Camp starts today?
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:34 am

tomorrow is first practice
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:31 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Addazio, what a dude, he thinks the offensive line will be even better this year than it was last year....

I wasn't all that impressed with how the offensive line performed last year (strongly disagree with the coach that it was one of the best lines in the country) but I don't think Steve should be laying all of that on John Phillips and Ben Petrula thinking that it will be even better this year. I certainly hope he's right. I think A J Dillon will be outstanding this year. I expect this team will run, run, and run some more, but I'd argue that is more A J just making things happen.

The OL was pretty good last year except for the Clemson game which is understandable. The idiotic play-calling limits then from shining even more.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:Addazio, what a dude, he thinks the offensive line will be even better this year than it was last year....

The OL was pretty good last year except for the Clemson game which is understandable. The idiotic play-calling limits then from shining even more.

Why?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:21 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why?

Trying to repeatedly run against 8 and 9 man fronts is incredibly dumb play calling and even more difficult to block. Even in spite of the 7 TEs we utilize on most plays.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:48 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why?

Trying to repeatedly run against 8 and 9 man fronts is incredibly dumb play calling and even more difficult to block. Even in spite of the 7 TEs we utilize on most plays.

That's not what I meant. You're better than this.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why?

1. No he isn't;
B. What did you mean?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:40 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why?

1. No he isn't;
B. What did you mean?

Yep I’m lost
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:07 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why?

1. No he isn't;
B. What did you mean?

Don't engage with no space. He's a moron
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Why?

1. No he isn't;
B. What did you mean?

Don't engage with no space. He's a moron

Thanks Teddy.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:33 am

practice 1 recap: https://spark.adobe.com/page/8BAlCoXQvvle6/

LBs are Lamot, Richardson, Sparacio
yeargin is practicing
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:02 am

Younger Sebastian brother working with the O even though listed as DB
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:08 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 pm

media day today,

vrabel will be starting LT
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:39 pm

I don't believe any of Daz's preseason positive talk anymore. I especially won't buy into his pet Offensive Line project. Since that is where he spends 99% of his time, all of his overly positive energy naturally funnels to that position group. And they're trying to block an AAC Defensive Line this past Spring and Summer, so yeah, not buying all the O line smoke. The best O Lineman I have seen playing for BC in the last 5 years is a rookie with the Falcons.

What would be interesting, (but we would never ever hear):
- How the Offense is getting better at the 2 minute drill
- How the D Backs are working on game like communication scenarios to close the experience gap
- How we've figured out some new approaches/drills with our kickers, and we haven't missed any FG's and XP's in practice
- How they've been experimenting with different formations on Offense because we see on film that DB's in space want nothing to do with tackling AJ Dillon, but LB's shedding missed TE blocks blow him up before he can get going
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:56 am

The weirdest part of the presser was him saying that once you get bowl eligible, getting to a championship speaks for itself. Does he not realize that half of FBS gets bowl eligibility while roughly 10% are competing for conference championships/BCS bowls in a given year? Does he think when he gets to 6 or 7 wins that puts the team on par with Clemson and Bama and it's just dumb luck who gets to 10-12 wins? No wonder this team goes 7-5 every year.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby mod6A on Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:59 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:The weirdest part of the presser was him saying that once you get bowl eligible, getting to a championship speaks for itself. Does he not realize that half of FBS gets bowl eligibility while roughly 10% are competing for conference championships/BCS bowls in a given year? Does he think when he gets to 6 or 7 wins that puts the team on par with Clemson and Bama and it's just dumb luck who gets to 10-12 wins? No wonder this team goes 7-5 every year.

someone should tell him about 10 and 2 season.

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 am

tallsy {l Wrote}:The weirdest part of the presser was him saying that once you get bowl eligible, getting to a championship speaks for itself. Does he not realize that half of FBS gets bowl eligibility while roughly 10% are competing for conference championships/BCS bowls in a given year? Does he think when he gets to 6 or 7 wins that puts the team on par with Clemson and Bama and it's just dumb luck who gets to 10-12 wins? No wonder this team goes 7-5 every year.

+5

Addazio may be a really nice guy, the players love him, he inspires his players to want to put in that extra effort to win, and he is much more enthusiastic with the media than Toby or Spaz ever were. All of that may be true. He puts on a proud face for the program. But as you have clearly explained, he is in way over his head. He does not appear to have the level of sophistication or college football intelligence that a Power-5 school requires in a head football coach. The words that come out of his mouth remind me of my middle school gym teacher.

He's the perfect head coach for a school like Temple. He should have stayed there. He does not belong here.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 am

mod6A {l Wrote}:

someone should tell him about 10 and 2 season.

:whalepants

seriously, we need to stop this negativity... it's fucking up my 10-2 vibe
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Darren6 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 pm

Just bought my tickets online last week for the NC State game, the BCMB centennial game...excited to come up from New Orleans for my second game this October. :angrychicken
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby Shaddix on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:31 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:I don't believe any of Daz's preseason positive talk anymore. I especially won't buy into his pet Offensive Line project. Since that is where he spends 99% of his time, all of his overly positive energy naturally funnels to that position group. And they're trying to block an AAC Defensive Line this past Spring and Summer, so yeah, not buying all the O line smoke. The best O Lineman I have seen playing for BC in the last 5 years is a rookie with the Falcons.

- How the D Backs are working on game like communication scenarios to close the experience gap
- How we've figured out some new approaches/drills with our kickers, and we haven't missed any FG's and XP's in practice
- How they've been experimenting with different formations on Offense because we see on film that DB's in space want nothing to do with tackling AJ Dillon, but LB's shedding missed TE blocks blow him up before he can get going

This has to be the oddest take I've seen in awhile.

Complain about him not addressing the WRs enough? Nope.
Complain about not addressing the DL enough? Nope.
Complain about only saying theres 2 DBs who are 6 feet and run a 4.5 40 time? Nope.

Let's attack the only thing that actually makes sense
-Where they replace Baker with Lindstrom (who was flat out a better player 2 years ago than skinny Baker was last year on his way out of football).
-Where they add Hayden Mahoney who along with John -Phillip's are top 5 pass blockers in the ACC.
-Where they announce Tyler Vrabel will start at LT (who no one is going to complain about)
-Where Petrula is the best returning RT in the conference
-Where they added depth from Rhode Islands best ever o lineman

Just a very odd target I guess. Just strange haha
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I don't believe any of Daz's preseason positive talk anymore. I especially won't buy into his pet Offensive Line project. Since that is where he spends 99% of his time, all of his overly positive energy naturally funnels to that position group. And they're trying to block an AAC Defensive Line this past Spring and Summer, so yeah, not buying all the O line smoke. The best O Lineman I have seen playing for BC in the last 5 years is a rookie with the Falcons.

-Where they add Hayden Mahoney who along with John -Phillip's are top 5 pass blockers in the ACC.

Mahoney may be starting against VTech, but as of today, he is not.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:40 pm

zion johnson is eligible and has 2 years of eligibility remaining, even replacing 3 starters the OL is going to be deep
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Shaddix on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:25 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

I'm strictly talking EOY grade outs by the stat gurus.

My point isnt that he is overblowing the o line, it's that there are literally so many other glaring directions he could have taken this
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

My point isnt that he is overblowing the o line, it's that there are literally so many other glaring directions he could have taken this

I am as much of a Daz critic on the board, but I do not agree with you that he should have dumped all over the team in the media day press conference.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Shaddix on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:32 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

I am as much of a Daz critic on the board, but I do not agree with you that he should have dumped all over the team in the media day press conference.

I was referring to durkcal, not Daz. Daz did alright for Daz
Shaddix
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium