2019 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 BC Football

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:45 pm

This defense sucks. Yes the ACC sucks, but our offense is nothing great and Daz makes no in game adjustments. They might get 4 wins or they might go 2-10. Next season will be worse if Daz returns. Attendance has to be a major concern, it was a ghost town last night!

Go Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Bunratty {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:I think the Kansas game was an aberration. I def think the team underestimated them and laid a egg. This reminds me of the old :Toby wtf losses we would have each year. Hopefully, we will get a wtf win later this year.

The defense isn’t great but it should be serviceable to get us between 6-8 wins especially with the way the ACC performed this weekend. I just think the overreaction here is unwarranted after one game. Yes, Kansas has been historically bad but I fully expect les miles will turn the team around and looks to be in the process of doing so already. They looked really good with the exception of that one pick the QB threw.

I guess we’ll know better in the next couple games for sure.

Disagree. The defense flat out sucks.

This. The defense we have is going to be a historically bad defense. As said above v-tech beat itself.

Kansas put up 7 points against Coastal Carolina. Really not much more needs to be said about that.

Yes, we may muddle to a 6-6 or 7-5 based on how bad the ACC is this year but it won't be because the defense turned it around.

We will definitely beat Rutgers. That I know. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:12 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:
eagletx {l Wrote}:the path to another successful 7 win season will be dependent on Dillon running behind the ACC's best Oline

Does somebody actually believe we have the best offensive line in the ACC?

Actually yes.

i don't see us taking a step back at C or LT

The OL will be fine under Daz. I’m concerned the D may give up 40 a game.

Every team replaces players on defense. Hamp Cheevers was made to be all ACC in this defense. There are more players that come from where the others left, and they are often better than the status quo. Hamp Cheevers leaving early, for example, net plus. Buh, bye.

The above aged well

The asshole would rather kill himself than admit he was wrong about anything. That is the PRIDE rearing its ugly head. It is especially the case if you are a senior partner in a prestigious law firm in Boston. Then your sense of entitlement makes you into the most colossal of pricks.

I was wrong. I thought Teddy was a decent human being. Bad on me.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 pm

The next time we get home w 4 pass rushers will be the first

Tedwardo is a decent human, though has to have some screws loose to sit through some of these debacles
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:33 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Tedwardo is a decent human, though has to have some screws loose to sit through some of these debacles

if you say so. Having never met him, I'll defer to your judgement claver.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:29 am

I didn't think Palmer and Borgeson would be the safety combination week 1. I can admit that's terrible. Blaming the players for the rest is excusing the staff.

Next time the new pretend asshole version of no space annoys me with personal attacks will be the first. His terrible posting on the other hand...
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:57 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:3 ex players from the Coughlin-Henning era are just straight ripping Daz.

Where?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:3 ex players from the Coughlin-Henning era are just straight ripping Daz.

Where?

FB.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby durkcal on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
durkcal {l Wrote}:I don't believe any of Daz's preseason positive talk anymore. I especially won't buy into his pet Offensive Line project. Since that is where he spends 99% of his time, all of his overly positive energy naturally funnels to that position group. And they're trying to block an AAC Defensive Line this past Spring and Summer, so yeah, not buying all the O line smoke. The best O Lineman I have seen playing for BC in the last 5 years is a rookie with the Falcons.

What would be interesting, (but we would never ever hear):
- How the Offense is getting better at the 2 minute drill
- How the D Backs are working on game like communication scenarios to close the experience gap
- How we've figured out some new approaches/drills with our kickers, and we haven't missed any FG's and XP's in practice
- How they've been experimenting with different formations on Offense because we see on film that DB's in space want nothing to do with tackling AJ Dillon, but LB's shedding missed TE blocks blow him up before he can get going

-Where they add Hayden Mahoney who along with John -Phillip's are top 5 pass blockers in the ACC.

Mahoney may be starting against VTech, but as of today, he is not.

I'm strictly talking EOY grade outs by the stat gurus.

My point isnt that he is overblowing the o line, it's that there are literally so many other glaring directions he could have taken this

I covered in my post what we now see. Every one of my bullet points has been on display YTD. I could have written eight, but you get the point.

Daz doesn't change or grow. His OL centric view of the world isn't that meaningful to us growing as a football program and improving in the areas where we have been glaringly deficient under his regime.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby eagletx on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:I think the Kansas game was an aberration. I def think the team underestimated them and laid a egg. This reminds me of the old :Toby wtf losses we would have each year. Hopefully, we will get a wtf win later this year.

The defense isn’t great but it should be serviceable to get us between 6-8 wins especially with the way the ACC performed this weekend. I just think the overreaction here is unwarranted after one game. Yes, Kansas has been historically bad but I fully expect les miles will turn the team around and looks to be in the process of doing so already. They looked really good with the exception of that one pick the QB threw.

When a loss reflects the same deficiencies that have been apparent time and again over the past 6 years, its definitely not an aberation. The only difference in this loss was that the defensive performance was much worse than what it has been in the recent past. But poor QB play; offense lacking any creativity; lack of in game situational awareness and ineffective in game adjustments...have become trademarks of the Addazio regime.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:

When a loss reflects the same deficiencies that have been apparent time and again over the past 6 years, its definitely not an aberation. The only difference in this loss was that the defensive performance was much worse than what it has been in the recent past. But poor QB play; offense lacking any creativity; lack of in game situational awareness and ineffective in game adjustments...have become trademarks of the Addazio regime.

This is spot on but you left out another Addazio trademark which is the atrocious FG/PAT situation.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:39 pm

As sad as the current state is, the Spaz years were even worse. That is a shocking but true comment.

But we are on Year 10 of pure pain, pure boredom, pure lack of hope.

There was a glimmer of hope in the Tyler Murphy year. A ray of sunshine poked through. Kind of like TOB era post San Fran Nut game 2003ish. But all for not - in both cases.

So sad. What a great school. So sad that the administration does not care. So sad that the BOT is full of non-BC alums who like the BOT status as a resume entry and don't really care. So sad that the BC alums on the BOT are lame Jesus freaks.

God, what I would give for Bill Flynn and Father Monan to rise from the ashes and kick the shit out of these people. Literally kick the shit out of them.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:44 pm

I've been trying to convince myself Daz is a net slight improvement over Spaz, but it's actually kinda hard - the 2012 roster compared to now is pretty decent talent-wise (excellent kicker in Freese and a fine QB in Rettig). Spaz did have a winning ACC record one year (yes, with TOB/Jags talent), Daz hasn't and went o-fer the league one year. Both Spaz and Daz have had really, really embarrassing losses I don't need to recount here. At least Daz hasn't knock us into UConn/UMass territory – yet. Beating USC was fun, but good Lord, that was 5 years ago.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Addazio is FAR better than Spaz. And that's saying a TON.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:45 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Addazio is FAR better than Spaz. And that's saying a TON.

Agree 100%.

Personally, I think Daz is a good recruiter and decent at all parts of the job coaching that aren’t related to in-game adjustments. But the second something goes wrong in that plan, he’s unable to make the necessary adjustments. For this reason, we would never win 11 games or more with him. I do think with enough talent we could get to 10 and I really thought there might be an outside chance we could do it this year That’s what made the Kansas game such a kick in the balls even though I knew going in miles would coach miles around Daz.im still hoping he can turn this defense around and with some brown consistency, we get 8 wins. It’s bwen 10 years since we’ve done that and I can’t take another 7 win season.

I like BC football.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:51 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Addazio is FAR better than Spaz. And that's saying a TON.

Sure but SPAZ had a better right hook....
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:45 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:God, what I would give for Bill Flynn and Father Monan to rise from the ashes and kick the shit out of these people. Literally kick the shit out of them.

Too bad the party mansion burned down from an electric tickler short-circuiting the panel, otherwise Logi and EW could pony-ride your wish into being. Sadly, someone needs to pony-ride them now. I know technically Logitano is still alive but when you live in Ronkonkoma, you are dead on the inside.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Where the hell are the Friends of the Program when you need them?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:00 pm

We are on year 3 of Brown at the controls, but he is in year 4 at BC. Guessing he will have the credits to graduate after this year - if he doesn't already. Any scuttle relative to his plans for next year? Does he declare for the draft? I believe that is his ultimate aspiration. Is he more attractive to the NFL (don't laugh) with a resume of average after 3 years? Doesn't he look worse if he has 4 years of average tape? I'm betting this is his last year. Thoughts?
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:15 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:We are on year 3 of Brown at the controls, but he is in year 4 at BC. Guessing he will have the credits to graduate after this year - if he doesn't already. Any scuttle relative to his plans for next year? Does he declare for the draft? I believe that is his ultimate aspiration. Is he more attractive to the NFL (don't laugh) with a resume of average after 3 years? Doesn't he look worse if he has 4 years of average tape? I'm betting this is his last year. Thoughts?

I believe he has already graduated, and if, as we all hope, Daz is gone next year then I assume AB will leave as well and find a situation where he can play. I see no way that he gets any NFL looks having the tape he does, and of course football lacks the European option for players at his level.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Ha, shinskie posts.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Corporal Funishment on Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:18 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:We are on year 3 of Brown at the controls, but he is in year 4 at BC. Guessing he will have the credits to graduate after this year - if he doesn't already. Any scuttle relative to his plans for next year? Does he declare for the draft? I believe that is his ultimate aspiration. Is he more attractive to the NFL (don't laugh) with a resume of average after 3 years? Doesn't he look worse if he has 4 years of average tape? I'm betting this is his last year. Thoughts?

I started reading this up until "ay scuttle relative to his plans next year" and I thought you were going to suggest he might transfer in the event of a coaching change...which is an interesting question and certainly possible. Then I read the rest and all I can say is I didn't realize Eaglekeeper had an alias.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:56 am

didn't know where to put this but interesting article about the enhancements at UVA's football program going on led by the new AD who came from Vandy, & UGA. peer program that sounds like it was in a similar situation to us post bates

https://theathletic.com/1242997/2019/09 ... ng-donors/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:40 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
hawaiirob {l Wrote}:God, what I would give for Bill Flynn and Father Monan to rise from the ashes and kick the shit out of these people. Literally kick the shit out of them.

Too bad the party mansion burned down from an electric tickler short-circuiting the panel, otherwise Logi and EW could pony-ride your wish into being. Sadly, someone needs to pony-ride them now. I know technically Logitano is still alive but when you live in Ronkonkoma, you are dead on the inside.

Ronkonkoma? Say it ain't so, Logi...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:57 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

In truth, I dont know if he lives in Ronkonkoma but he said a while ago that he married a woman whose parents live on LI and I naturally assumed that he would end up down the road from said parents. It could just as easily be Bay Shore, Islip, Riverhead, Patchogue, or somewhere even classier like Coram.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:56 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

In truth, I dont know if he lives in Ronkonkoma but he said a while ago that he married a woman whose parents live on LI and I naturally assumed that he would end up down the road from said parents. It could just as easily be Bay Shore, Islip, Riverhead, Patchogue, or somewhere even classier like Coram.

logi also knows lower westchester / the zip area of the bronx intimately
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

It's a quick shot across the Sound from New Rochelle to Manhasset though.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:57 pm

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:

It's a quick shot across the Sound from New Rochelle to Manhasset though.

I'm confused... did Logi finally marry into AngryDick's family (after many failed attempts)?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:14 pm

For those who care, AB's twitter machine has him saying his life will change one year from now. He said this in relation to the NFL draft - while the draft was in process.

He thinks he's leaving BC this year and playing on Sundays.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:30 pm

hawaiirob {l Wrote}:For those who care, AB's twitter machine has him saying his life will change one year from now. He said this in relation to the NFL draft - while the draft was in process.

He thinks he's leaving BC this year and playing on Sundays.

And I think I'm going to nail Emily Ratajkowski tonight.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium