2019 Spring Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2019 Spring Football

Postby Los on Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:10 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Daz claiming Levy and Glines had the best spring followed by Brown.
Also says Anthony Brown took the next step throwing the ball.
Says Dillon is healthy and even more explosive than he was in the bowl game. Says it’s not even close.
Worried about DL’s depth (especially DE); they are developing but not there yet. LBs have been strong.

The scuttlebut was that AB is playing much better.

I feel like I say this every year, but if AB can give us at least a semblance of a consistent passing game it will increase our chances for success exponentially. Everything from ball control tempo to opening up running lanes for AJ and Bailey depend on extending drives with passing conversions. If the rumors about AB’s improvement are legit that makes me optimistic.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Los {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Daz claiming Levy and Glines had the best spring followed by Brown.
Says Dillon is healthy and even more explosive than he was in the bowl game. Says it’s not even close.
Worried about DL’s depth (especially DE); they are developing but not there yet. LBs have been strong.

I feel like I say this every year, but if AB can give us at least a semblance of a consistent passing game it will increase our chances for success exponentially. Everything from ball control tempo to opening up running lanes for AJ and Bailey depend on extending drives with passing conversions. If the rumors about AB’s improvement are legit that makes me optimistic.

Brown played great in that Wake game, and was atrocious after. To be honest, it’s tough to get a read on him because the game plan some weeks is so incredibly stupid. The passing play designs also make no sense.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:28 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Los {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Brown played great in that Wake game, and was atrocious after. To be honest, it’s tough to get a read on him because the game plan some weeks is so incredibly stupid. The passing play designs also make no sense.

After 2 seasons, it's not that tough to get a read on him.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:27 pm

AB holds the ball too long. He can’t make decisions quick enough to be consistent. It’s the reason why his completion percentage is not great and why yards after catch are low.

Matt Valecce #7 looked the best of all of the QB’s, problem is Daz won’t give him a chance.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:19 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What are they building on what used to be the fields between Cleveland Circle and waterworks?

Nothing major. Just upgrading the area.

Seems a bit much.

Looked major to me. Also noticed that a lot of trees have been cleared on what the :oldman refer to as Beer Can Hill.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:40 am

finally able to watch, tough to get much out of these

johnson has the best fastball on the team, seems like he only knows 1 speed though
ej perry might be back up in name but zero desire to see him come in should we have an ab / clemson scenario again
bailey looks noticeably thinner
a lot of kids are going to play on D
i think elijah jones is going to be starting CB in september. would make both starting CBs at least 6'1 & 185. he's a bad in game coach but daz has certainly upped the athleticism on the team, especially in the defensive backfield
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:51 pm

ricosuave {l Wrote}:The shit talking of Hamp Cheevers is a bad look and I wish they would just shut up about it. Wish him well and move on.

where'd you see this? didn't hear it in daz's post scrimmage presser

obviously wish him hte best but based on pre-draft stuff seems like he made a mistake and will probably go undrafted
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:23 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:What are they building on what used to be the fields between Cleveland Circle and waterworks?

Nothing major. Just upgrading the area.

Seems a bit much.

Looked major to me. Also noticed that a lot of trees have been cleared on what the :oldman refer to as Beer Can Hill.

I guess it depends on what your idea of major is. When I saw they were doing construction, I was expecting much more than this:

https://www.boston.gov/departments/park ... sidy-field
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby cremins on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:47 pm

can hamp come back or did he hire an agent? I hope he gets drafted but I haven't seen his name on any boards.
cremins
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon May 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Davon Jones is transferring to Bowling Green (with Loeffler) for his final year
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Davon Jones is transferring to Bowling Green (with Loeffler) for his final year

Wonder if its because he wants to play RB again? Good luck to him very unselfish player to keep switching back and forth postions to help the team. Was a fan of watching the undersized kid play.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue May 07, 2019 9:52 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Davon Jones is transferring to Bowling Green (with Loeffler) for his final year

Wonder if its because he wants to play RB again? Good luck to him very unselfish player to keep switching back and forth postions to help the team. Was a fan of watching the undersized kid play.

That's too bad always liked him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue May 07, 2019 12:41 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

That's too bad always liked him.

this
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu May 09, 2019 8:33 am

For subscribers to athletic, new article on BC up with lots of addazio quotes about state of program.

https://theathletic.com/962751/2019/05/ ... pth-chart/
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flakes on Thu May 09, 2019 11:25 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:For subscribers to athletic, new article on BC up with lots of addazio quotes about state of program.

I don't see how you lose 10+ guys to NFL rosters and improve the next year (unless you're Bama or Clemson). The only thing going for us is the insanely weak schedule. Most of those ACC teams lost their QBs/will be down.
flakes
Carney Hall

Postby Los on Thu May 09, 2019 3:22 pm

flakes {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:For subscribers to athletic, new article on BC up with lots of addazio quotes about state of program.

I don't see how you lose 10+ guys to NFL rosters and improve the next year (unless you're Bama or Clemson). The only thing going for us is the insanely weak schedule. Most of those ACC teams lost their QBs/will be down.

That's a good thing, IMO. It shows the program is recruiting draftable talent. The trick is to reload with quality recruits on a consistent basis so that you don't have the impending rebuilding season. Are we there yet? Probably not.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium