Schiano out at OSU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Schiano out at OSU

Postby eagletx on Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm

So where to next?
eagletx
McGuinn Hall

Re: Schiano out at OSU

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:02 pm

eagletx wrote:So where to next?

Jeff Haffley is a hell of a recruiter of Jersey. But, Mattison is a Tranquil-like hire. Somewhat surprised that HCRD didn't reach out to Al Golden for the gig.

Would LOVE for BC to bring Schiano in as a replacement for Reid. There... I said it.
7-wins... and lovin’ it
HJS
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:23 pm

HJS wrote:

Jeff Haffley is a hell of a recruiter of Jersey. But, Mattison is a Tranquil-like hire. Somewhat surprised that HCRD didn't reach out to Al Golden for the gig.

Would LOVE for BC to bring Schiano in as a replacement for Reid. There... I said it.

Would he take a pay cut that big?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 pm

You really had to start a new thread for this?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:54 pm

HJS wrote:

I’m very surprised at your interest in Schiano. I’m sure you’ve heard the same stories about him. It’s nothing scandalous, but pretty much all his players hate him.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:13 am

eepstein0 wrote:
HJS wrote:

I’m very surprised at your interest in Schiano. I’m sure you’ve heard the same stories about him. It’s nothing scandalous, but pretty much all his players hate him.

I know someone who worked with all the coaches of teams that played against BC. The only one ever mentioned as being an absolute asshat was Schiano.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:50 am

BostonCollege1 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:
HJS wrote:

I know someone who worked with all the coaches of teams that played against BC. The only one ever mentioned as being an absolute asshat was Schiano.

The “Toes on the Line” nonesense won’t fly with kids these days
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 pm

Perhaps Belichick hires him to replace Flores. I suspect that millenial students and their faux hurt feelings will never allow Schiano to rejoin the college ranks.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:34 pm

DrJackRyan's Matt Burke is looking for work. He didn't receive rave reviews as the Dolphin's DC. But, he has a very interesting background (Mass kid who played at Dartmouth and got his start as a Grad Assistant at BC from 2000-2002). Personally, I don't want anyone who could be an option as a head coach coming in now (as they will wear the taint of the end of Daz's tenure).
7-wins... and lovin’ it
HJS
Fulton Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium