First Responder Bowl Gameday Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: First Responder Bowl Gameday Thread

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Darren6 {l Wrote}:As someone who drove 7 hours on Christmas Day from New Orleans to Dallas, the cancellation was very disappointing. The forecast for strong storms was out there for almost a week, it should have been moved up to a 10am kickoff. We did get to see our son perform with the BCMB, only for a short time, and then we drove back 7 hours last night to New Orleans. Meanwhile, about 20 members of the marching band are still in Dallas waiting to get flights home, some having to wait until Friday before leaving. As for the delays, there was absolutely lightning striking very close to the stadium. About ten minutes into the officially called delay, there were lightning strikes almost every four to five minutes which kept resetting the 30 minute clock. With the impending afternoon/evening storms I can see why the game was called, my main beef was that it wasn’t moved up earlier in the morning.

Consider this your official welcome to rooting for a school where the powers that be couldn't care less whether we win or lose, and are frankly ambivalent about whether we play at all, as long as the checks continue to clear.
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:07 am

Did BC have any actual power to enact any of the brilliant solutions touted by our fine board? Or was it all in the bowl committee?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Did BC have any actual power to enact any of the brilliant solutions touted by our fine board? Or was it all in the bowl committee?

BC had 0 control over this.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Darren6 on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:33 pm

I don't think BC had much, if any, say in what happened. I am actually very thankful for the employees of BC who put forth their best efforts to take care of my son and the other BC band members who are/were stranded in Dallas after all flights were cancelled on Wednesday night. They acted quickly to secure them hotel rooms, purchase meals for them and assist in rescheduling flights so that they can get back home to their families for the remainder of the Christmas break.
"Laissez les bon temps rouler"
Darren6
n00b

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:49 pm

I’m pissed. This game should have never been cancelled. With the schools on break an no additional games for either team until next year it would have been very easy to reschedule. However, this wasn’t on BC. It’s on the bowl. They are the host. They should have rescheduled or had a contingency plan, they didn’t. BC and Wake did a great job with safely playing their game completely avoiding the hurricane...or any inclimate weather for that matter.

It’s particularly frustrating because as much as I dislike Addazio I’m fairly certain we would have beat Boise State. Didn’t seem like they stood a chance in the first quarter.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby blueline on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Appropriate ending for Coach Addazio's season

Born to lose
blueline
n00b

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:28 pm

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:I’m pissed. This game should have never been cancelled. With the schools on break an no additional games for either team until next year it would have been very easy to reschedule. However, this wasn’t on BC. It’s on the bowl. They are the host. They should have rescheduled or had a contingency plan, they didn’t. BC and Wake did a great job with safely playing their game completely avoiding the hurricane...or any inclimate weather for that matter.

It’s particularly frustrating because as much as I dislike Addazio I’m fairly certain we would have beat Boise State. Didn’t seem like they stood a chance in the first quarter.

ESPN IS the bowl. They own it. If they didn't see any value in moving it, they weren't going to. It's too bad for the players and their families, but this was a completely irrelevant game - and ESPN treated it as such.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:28 pm

Sounds like the bowl will be taking at least a year off w the winter classic coming to the cotton bowl, good riddance
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:04 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Sounds like the bowl will be taking at least a year off w the winter classic coming to the cotton bowl, good riddance

Lol, the winter classic.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium