If we beat Boise State...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Is the program moving forward?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Yes, 7-6 Steve is no more!
1
3%
No, what's the difference between 7 or 8?
6
18%
Maybe, if you count moving forward as moving at a freaking snail's pace
11
33%
scrush 2/4
7
21%
pearl necklace
8
24%
 
Total votes : 33

If we beat Boise State...

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Did we make progress this season?
Last edited by hansen on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14013
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 243

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:57 pm

if we win, i'd say that there's minimal/slight progress.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.

Image
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -123

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby BCEagles06 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:31 am

We won't win. Seven win Steve is going to try and run AJ Dillon until his knees fall off, and then be stunned when he finds out after the game that Boise State has the #22 rushing defense in the country.
BCEagles06
n00b
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 pm
Karma: 8

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:43 pm

It's hard to learn much these days from bowl games that aren't part of the CFP. Coaching staffs are in transition and many NFL prospects skip the game to prepare for the combine. So even though a W over Boise would be the best win of the season, it wouldn't carry a lot of weight with me.

scrush2
"I have history, and I understand history, so I know where we’ve been and where we are, and where we are trying to go, okay? But it’s been somewhere between 6.5 and 6.6 wins a year since 1980, which is 38 years. We’re at 7..."
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14781
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2898

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:03 pm

I couldn't care less about the result of this bowl game.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15685
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Location: Danvers, MA
Karma: -300

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:40 am

I will be happy if we beat Boise State because I hate the Basques. Why do I hate the Basques? Because, historically speaking, everyone hates the Basques. The pre-Carthaginian indigenous Iberian tribes hated these Asiatic interlopers. The Carthaginians hated them and fought repeated wars against them. The Romans hated them and fought wars against them for the better part of 400 years. The Franks, Vandals and Bisigoths hated them and fought wars against them. Ditto the Arabs and Moors, Castillians and Catalonians and finally the combined Spanish nation. The Portuguese also.

Now being hated by everyone does not necessarily make a group bad. The world has been trying to exterminate the Jews since the days of Hammurabi or Ramses, but the Jews created the conceptual moral framework that made Western Civikization possible and have made countless cultural contributions to Western Civilization. The Irish are not nearly as widely despised as the Jews, but they have been fending off or attempting to fend off the Britons, Romans, Saxons, Angles, Norman’s, English, Scottish, Welsh for the better part of 2500 years. But the Irish have also made enormous contributions to the cultural tapestry of Western Civilization. What have the Basques given us? Fried sheep balls and racist comments about the King of Africa. Fuck those guys. Fuck them right in the ear.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 430

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:58 pm

Someone's messed with Dick Rosenthal's algorithm
7-6
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 798
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 221

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:02 pm

I thought the Irish contributions only amounted to Policemen, Firemen and crooked politicians.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -292

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:27 pm

and ordering Car Bombs in an NYC bar.
As long as I'm breathing, I'll sing for the Metro...

Promotion/Relegation? GFY.

Image
User avatar
MF73-Eleazar
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:10 am
Location: New York City
Karma: -123

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Eaglekeeper wrote:I thought the Irish contributions only amounted to Policemen, Firemen and crooked politicians.


You have forgotten fighting in other people’s wars, top flight bartenders, singing and violent sports with incomprehensible rules. Joyce and Yeats are okay as well. Beehan and Wilde also, for those keeping score at home.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 430

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:38 pm

Army is going to be tried by the War Crimes Commison in The Hague for what they did to Houston today. If you had Army giving 55, don’t worry, you covered.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 430

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:27 am

Dick Rosenthal wrote:I will be happy if we beat Boise State because I hate the Basques. Why do I hate the Basques? Because, historically speaking, everyone hates the Basques. The pre-Carthaginian indigenous Iberian tribes hated these Asiatic interlopers. The Carthaginians hated them and fought repeated wars against them. The Romans hated them and fought wars against them for the better part of 400 years. The Franks, Vandals and Bisigoths hated them and fought wars against them. Ditto the Arabs and Moors, Castillians and Catalonians and finally the combined Spanish nation. The Portuguese also.

Now being hated by everyone does not necessarily make a group bad. The world has been trying to exterminate the Jews since the days of Hammurabi or Ramses, but the Jews created the conceptual moral framework that made Western Civikization possible and have made countless cultural contributions to Western Civilization. The Irish are not nearly as widely despised as the Jews, but they have been fending off or attempting to fend off the Britons, Romans, Saxons, Angles, Norman’s, English, Scottish, Welsh for the better part of 2500 years. But the Irish have also made enormous contributions to the cultural tapestry of Western Civilization. What have the Basques given us? Fried sheep balls and racist comments about the King of Africa. Fuck those guys. Fuck them right in the ear.


You have left out the Nazis and the Italians, who along with Franco leveled Guernica in a coordinated warplane attack. But let's be honest, the Basques had it coming to them. https://www.pablopicasso.org/guernica.jsp
User avatar
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm
Karma: 215

Re: If we beat Boise State...

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:48 am

gallopingghost wrote:
Dick Rosenthal wrote:I will be happy if we beat Boise State because I hate the Basques. Why do I hate the Basques? Because, historically speaking, everyone hates the Basques. The pre-Carthaginian indigenous Iberian tribes hated these Asiatic interlopers. The Carthaginians hated them and fought repeated wars against them. The Romans hated them and fought wars against them for the better part of 400 years. The Franks, Vandals and Bisigoths hated them and fought wars against them. Ditto the Arabs and Moors, Castillians and Catalonians and finally the combined Spanish nation. The Portuguese also.

Now being hated by everyone does not necessarily make a group bad. The world has been trying to exterminate the Jews since the days of Hammurabi or Ramses, but the Jews created the conceptual moral framework that made Western Civikization possible and have made countless cultural contributions to Western Civilization. The Irish are not nearly as widely despised as the Jews, but they have been fending off or attempting to fend off the Britons, Romans, Saxons, Angles, Norman’s, English, Scottish, Welsh for the better part of 2500 years. But the Irish have also made enormous contributions to the cultural tapestry of Western Civilization. What have the Basques given us? Fried sheep balls and racist comments about the King of Africa. Fuck those guys. Fuck them right in the ear.


You have left out the Nazis and the Italians, who along with Franco leveled Guernica in a coordinated warplane attack. But let's be honest, the Basques had it coming to them. https://www.pablopicasso.org/guernica.jsp


You are correct. Shame on me for forgetting about Guernica. History would remember fascism more fondly if it had avoided the anti-semtic genocide, the starting of the most devestating conflagration in human history and the various and sundry war crimes and atrocities if they had stuck to dropping bombs on the Basques. That was something everyone could get behind.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 430


Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DuchesneEast and 11 guests

Untitled document