Daz extended to '22

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Daz extended to '22

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 am

we may never know, but maybe Jarmond had a guy in mind for after the season who came off the board (Ryan Day?) and rather than make a change for change's sake the result is this delayed extension.
I predict a repeat of this year - great start, bolstered by cupcakes, with a season ending losing streak because AJ Dillon can't run 40 times a game 12 times a season
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Los on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:44 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:the fact that i will have to burn another fall barely interested in bc football (which is going on a decade at this point) is incredibly frustrating

This. There's no upside to BC football. We know what the ceiling is. Daz had the keys to the Cadillac this year and he could only muster a 7-5 season. It's just not worth it to get mentally invested anymore.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby CowboyEagle22 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:54 am

As a said a few weeks ago, this has been in the works for a while. Jarmond had no choice. He either worked out an extension or convinced Leahy to fire him and that's not happening. Jarmond does not have the final say in these decisions. He's just one voice. His main job is to raise money. That's how Leahy defined the role.
CowboyEagle22
Carney Hall

Postby eagle33 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 am

"With Addazio under contract only through 2020, Boston College was in a rare position where the school really did have to either fire him or extend him. With another two years on his contract, Addazio can now credibly tell BC’s 2019 recruits that he is under contract through the length of their 4-year eligibility…. but not one season longer.

As far as endorsements from your AD go, this one is about as lukewarm as they get."

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/11/boston-college-extends-steve-addazio-through-2022/
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I’ll largely go along with this—with the exception of him getting a raise to $3 million (that most certainly did not happen).

Being on the same side as Corners should have been a clue... it is an extension with a raise but no added buyout. That means he will make more money next year (raise) but will cost the same as he did to fire (paper "extension"). Leahy (with all the aforementioned truths) has become phobic to paying coaches not to coach at BC. You can thank Spaz for that one.

Before folks get all giddy over this, realize that it cuts both ways. While we be able to cut ties easier with Dazoo, it will likely add an additional challenge to the next search. Coaches taking over a gig with self-imposed restrictions (like BC) will seek financial security... that means guaranteed money. Either we will have to agree to it, or find someone who will be more flexible. If we agree to a buyout, that coach better be awesome because he will be here so long as Leahy is alive or his contract expires.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:49 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:This is a real extension just like every BC extension. Daz is their guy, winning seasons and minor bowls and no off field problems are the goals. Mouse never stated that winning the ACC is the goal, it’s not. I’m hearing that the extension came with a raise to 3 million per year. Again, this is not surprising given how college athletics operates. Anyone holding onto fantasies of some cheap buyout is doing a sales job on themselves.

Stick to hockey BC

Go Eagles!

are you the one in atl's comment section that keeps calling marty j mouse (or even weirder thought it was a good nickname and decided to steal it)?

maybe i'm an idiot but i don't follow
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:49 pm

This cements the 2010s as the most forgettable decade of BC football in its history. It is infuriating watching the school piss all over the program and its history.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:This is a real extension just like every BC extension. Daz is their guy, winning seasons and minor bowls and no off field problems are the goals. Mouse never stated that winning the ACC is the goal, it’s not. I’m hearing that the extension came with a raise to 3 million per year. Again, this is not surprising given how college athletics operates. Anyone holding onto fantasies of some cheap buyout is doing a sales job on themselves.

Stick to hockey BC

Go Eagles!

are you the one in atl's comment section that keeps calling marty j mouse (or even weirder thought it was a good nickname and decided to steal it)?

maybe i'm an idiot but i don't follow

Mouse guy has appeared in BCI's chat board too. Please, baby Jesus, don't let Atl's bulletin board crazies leave their fever swamp anymore.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:07 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:This extension is a waste of time. We will be in the same spot a year from now. My guess is Daz gets fired and we hire Schiano.

i forget who has said it (probably moj)...but honestly, at this point, i think we could do a lot worse than greg schiano

the fact that i will have to burn another fall barely interested in bc football (which is going on a decade at this point) is incredibly frustrating

I'm the anti-Schiano guy here. His shtick didn't work in the NFL (the Bucs were miserable under him and his players hated him).

With the above said, Schiano isn't the guy to get you from 6-7 wins to 9-10 wins.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Imagine the Patron Saint of Rapists coming to BC?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:59 pm

i frankly dont pay any attention to rutgers and its been years since he was there, but when you go to rutgers and have years of 11, 8, 8, 9 and 9 win seasons there i feel like his worst case scenario here would be what daz is best case. even if he had crazy easy schedules
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:09 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:This extension is a waste of time. We will be in the same spot a year from now. My guess is Daz gets fired and we hire Schiano.

i forget who has said it (probably moj)...but honestly, at this point, i think we could do a lot worse than greg schiano

the fact that i will have to burn another fall barely interested in bc football (which is going on a decade at this point) is incredibly frustrating

I'm the anti-Schiano guy here. His shtick didn't work in the NFL (the Bucs were miserable under him and his players hated him).

With the above said, Schiano isn't the guy to get you from 6-7 wins to 9-10 wins.

He is Daz, he will get you to 7 wins and blow games with some mind numbing coaching decisions.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:10 pm

I think Schiano was a miracle worker in Piscataway (a quick historylesson proves this out). However, I think the bloom is off the rose with him. Ultimately, I think the Patron Saint would be a more organized, less media-friendly version of Dazoo. He wouldn't get the program to regular 10-win seasons, but he would be an improvement of Daz... ever so slightly.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:21 pm

schiano is daz + winning a pointless bowl game

if you take out the first 4 years as he was building that program he was still a .500 coach in the neutered nnnnnnnbe

kudos to him though, rutgres was a dumpster fire before he showed up and after he left
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:32 pm

I don't know how a Daz extended until 2022 thread turned into a Schiano discussion, but I would NOT be excited about him coaching the program. I'm pretty certain that he would guarantee the extension of boring football and empty seats.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:17 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:schiano is daz + winning a pointless bowl game

if you take out the first 4 years as he was building that program he was still a .500 coach in the neutered nnnnnnnbe

kudos to him though, rutgres was a dumpster fire before he showed up and after he left

Addazio sucks at these bowl games so the above feels about right.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:03 pm

Schiano is far better than meathead.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:09 am

I just picked up mouse from hearing fans call him that at games and reading it on messages boards. While he is no Mouse Krause (ND), what is wrong with the nickname mouse?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am

What is wrong with calling Daz Turtle? He looks like and acts like a turtle.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:05 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What is wrong with calling Daz Turtle? He looks like and acts like a turtle.

There's only one Turtle. Mitch McConnell.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I just picked up mouse from hearing fans call him that at games and reading it on messages boards. While he is no Mouse Krause (ND), what is wrong with the nickname mouse?

:lame
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:32 pm

And it wasn’t Mouse Krause, it was Moose Krause. Moose Krause was a very big man for his era of college football and basketball—in addition to being a consensus All American in football, he was a three-time consensus All American in basketball.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:48 pm

I know it was Moose Krause, I wrote mouse too many times today and fucked up the spelling! MJ is a mouse (small time) not a Moose (big time).

Daz still has a real extension which has ruined this Christmas season!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I know it was Moose Krause, I wrote mouse too many times today and fucked up the spelling! MJ is a mouse (small time) not a Moose (big time).

Daz still has a real extension which has ruined this Christmas season!

Try harder.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am

twb fighting down in weight class for the holiday season
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:twb fighting down in weight class for the holiday season

Lost weight
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:13 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:twb fighting down in weight class for the holiday season

Lost weight

Did you go to Mexico for discount injections?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:40 pm

You might say Eaglekeeper is a few prawns short of a galaxy
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:30 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:This is a paper extension. Fairly certain the admin wouldn't let them eat 5+ million to fire Daz, so he will be coaching 19. Buyout on this is minimal as I understand it and he's coaching for his job in 2019.

I certainly hope you are right.

No way he gets an extension though right?

I was wrong.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:54 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Thornton Melon {l Wrote}:This is a paper extension. Fairly certain the admin wouldn't let them eat 5+ million to fire Daz, so he will be coaching 19. Buyout on this is minimal as I understand it and he's coaching for his job in 2019.

I certainly hope you are right.

No way he gets an extension though right?

I was wrong.

No shit
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium