Offensive Coordinator?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Offensive Coordinator?

Postby hansen on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:03 pm

Can we please hire a competent one?
After the kick in the balls that was today’s “no contest”, I could use some positive BC football news.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:41 pm

I’m betting it’s an inside job and someone on the staff gets elevated. Would have happened by now if it were someone real.
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:13 am

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:I’m betting it’s an inside job and someone on the staff gets elevated. Would have happened by now if it were someone real.

I’m hoping that maybe it’s an NFL guy so he needs to wait until Black Monday.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:45 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:I’m betting it’s an inside job and someone on the staff gets elevated. Would have happened by now if it were someone real.

Daz seems to be aware that he is up against it in 2019. The last time he promoted from within, it was Todd Fitch and it was a disaster.

Despite of the universal loathing within the EO Coaching Staff, Daz is incredibly well-liked and respected among the rest of the coaching fraternity. He has a very deep connections from which he can explore. Don Brown, HCRD, Scott Loefler have all done extremely well for themselves financially after Daz gave them shots (and in Loefler's case also rehabilitated his career). While he may be on the hot seat, it really is no different that the hot seat that ANY head coach sits upon every year at major programs and the NFL. For BC fans, it feels different because we aren't a major program and pressure on a head coach is something that occurs only once a decade.

My point here is that Dazoo will be able to go out and hire a very good, competent OC if he so chooses. Or he can promote Brian White (who has already been passed over a few times). It all depends on whether Daz wants to be the OC or if he is willing to give someone else control. My guess is that, in typical overreacting-when-the-pressure-is-on fashion, Daz will want to control his own fate and assume play-calling while handing White the title. The best move he could make is giving fishcock the boot and hiring a real OL coach. This year's group was terrible with the loss of Justin Frye (who is now the OC at UCLA under Chip).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

Daz seems to be aware that he is up against it in 2019. The last time he promoted from within, it was Todd Fitch and it was a disaster.

Despite of the universal loathing within the EO Coaching Staff, Daz is incredibly well-liked and respected among the rest of the coaching fraternity. He has a very deep connections from which he can explore. Don Brown, HCRD, Scott Loefler have all done extremely well for themselves financially after Daz gave them shots (and in Loefler's case also rehabilitated his career). While he may be on the hot seat, it really is no different that the hot seat that ANY head coach sits upon every year at major programs and the NFL. For BC fans, it feels different because we aren't a major program and pressure on a head coach is something that occurs only once a decade.

My point here is that Dazoo will be able to go out and hire a very good, competent OC if he so chooses. Or he can promote Brian White (who has already been passed over a few times). It all depends on whether Daz wants to be the OC or if he is willing to give someone else control. My guess is that, in typical overreacting-when-the-pressure-is-on fashion, Daz will want to control his own fate and assume play-calling while handing White the title. The best move he could make is giving fishcock the boot and hiring a real OL coach. This year's group was terrible with the loss of Justin Frye (who is now the OC at UCLA under Chip).

I've always thought the one thing Daz is really good at is self-preservation. for this reason, I think he will hire the absolute best OC he possibly can to avoid losing his BC gravy train. also, fully expect him to have significant input into the shape of what the offense will look like but not so much that he's in the way. that's my hope at least.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:52 pm

Based on absolutely nothing... I am going to say Zach Azzanni https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Azzanni or Kenny Carter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Car ... n_football) or an offensive assistant from his Temple staff https://owlsports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=857&path=football
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:11 pm

Jack Bicknell. Sr or Jr whoever is cheaper. That or go to the root of the tree and name George Welsh HC in waiting.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:17 am

How about Dirk Koetter? He’s about to be unemployed and has BC connections
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:51 pm

I think the Coen thing shows that Daz is less concerned about BC connections vs connections to his coaching network.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:55 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think the Coen thing shows that Daz is less concerned about BC connections vs connections to his coaching network.

That is why Zach Azzanni is the obvious choice. And, he’s available this afternoon once Vance Joseph is fired.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:10 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I think the Coen thing shows that Daz is less concerned about BC connections vs connections to his coaching network.

That is why Zach Azzanni is the obvious choice. And, he’s available this afternoon once Vance Joseph is fired.

Would this be a good hire? I know nothing about him.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

He's got 2 zs in the middle of his last name, you know more than enough to form judgment
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

He's got 2 zs in the middle of his last name, you know more than enough to form judgment

a double 'z', a double 'n', and 3 vowels.

i'm sold. hire that minchia.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:20 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

He’s supposed to be a very good recruiter but the lack of OC experience isn’t great
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:15 pm

Dirk Koetter is available (j/k). He was H*nn*ng's 1st OC, iirc.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby durkcal on Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:18 am

Koetter will be an OC in the NFL next season, if he wants to work at all. Setting himself up to be a retread hire as an NFL head coach in 2021.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:30 am

durkcal {l Wrote}:Koetter will be an OC in the NFL next season, if he wants to work at all. Setting himself up to be a retread hire as an NFL head coach in 2021.

See my post from above (I am a Bucs fan).

He's a good OC but a crappy HC
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:32 am

Welcome back, Koetter?

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
Well the names have all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Dirk Koetter is available (j/k). He was H*nn*ng's 1st OC, iirc.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby DrJackRyan on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Thomas Brown, Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs Coach just became available.

32 years old, from Georgia. Played for the Bulldogs but coaching experience at Wisconsin, Miami and Marshall. Some limited (practice Squad / IR) NFL experience. Seems to have a lot of recruiting experience.
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:29 am

Do we plan on hiring an OC this year?
Or is Daz going to go from “very involved with offense” to calling plays himself.

P.s. I could think of nothing worse than Daz as an OC calling plays.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:14 pm

looking for a new strength coach, piriano was hired by vrabel
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:36 pm

Sarge and Jarmond waiting on the cheapest possible candidates remaining after the dust settles.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:looking for a new strength coach, piriano was hired by vrabel

Good for Piriano... another tough loss for us.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:49 pm

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Former assistant BC strength coach from 2012 to 2016 followed by 2 years at Texas.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Former assistant BC strength coach from 2012 to 2016 followed by 2 years at Texas.

was at Rice as well for a long time before BC....wonder why he was out or wanted out of Texas
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:03 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

was at Rice as well for a long time before BC....wonder why he was out or wanted out of Texas

That was a lightning fast turnaround. Seems that McLafferty must've loved working with the kids at BC. Daz thought highly of him as he seems to be his first call. Ultimately, this is probably a decent save.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:07 pm

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but another thing that might make the OC position an attractive offer to potential candidates is Daz's hot seat. If things start off badly and there's a mid-season firing, I'd expect OC or DC to be elevated.

Could be a quick ascent from OC to P5 head coach...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:29 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

a promotion from assistant to head strength coach is enough reason imo even if he is a Texas native.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:30 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:I don't know if it's been mentioned, but another thing that might make the OC position an attractive offer to potential candidates is Daz's hot seat. If things start off badly and there's a mid-season firing, I'd expect OC or DC to be elevated.

Could be a quick ascent from OC to P5 head coach...

I stopped reading at "daz's hot seat"

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium