Week 12 Other Games Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Week 12 Other Games Thread

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:06 pm

In case you missed it, here are ND's vomit-inducing uniforms for Saturday's game.

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Re: Week 12 Other Games Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:14 pm

Wow those are bad! The subway alumns probably love them.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:17 pm

seeing the "we are bc" written on the basketball court leads me to believe that we are not allowed to comment negatively about anyone else's gear, arena or program stupidity

what else are we going to steal? "roll eagle" or "fear the eagle" or even "rock chalk eaglehawk"
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:seeing the "we are bc" written on the basketball court leads me to believe that we are not allowed to comment negatively about anyone else's gear, arena or program stupidity

what else are we going to steal? "roll eagle" or "fear the eagle" or even "rock chalk eaglehawk"

Sweet Caroline
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby mod6A on Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:58 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: "rock chalk eaglehawk"

ohhhh this is good!

:whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby Los on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Anyone have an in at NASA? What are the probabilities that a meteor lands in the Bronx around 3 pm on Saturday? Two shitty fanbases, one stone.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:08 pm

Where’s that guy with inside sources in Houston?
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:seeing the "we are bc" written on the basketball court leads me to believe that we are not allowed to comment negatively about anyone else's gear, arena or program stupidity

Picture of the basketball court?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:20 pm

For the first time in a while, I will be rooting for ND on Saturday.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:48 pm

What ever happened to "Sore Eagles?" Write that on the court
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:04 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:For the first time in a while, I will be rooting for ND on Saturday.

Why? I want ND to get cholera.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:19 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:For the first time in a while, I will be rooting for ND on Saturday.

Because I am somebody who actually attends games at Alumni and Cuse fans are my least favorite ACC fans. Worse than ND fans.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:59 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Because I am somebody who actually attends games at Alumni and Cuse fans are my least favorite ACC fans. Worse than ND fans.

Fair enough. I haven't had any bad cuse fan experiences. ND folk are generally super swell, but I still hope they get ass AIDS.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:15 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

This explains a lot. Count me in on a vote for cholera
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:19 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

New Yorker. No explanation necessary.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:38 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

New Yorker. No explanation necessary.

Boston is closer to Dutchess County and far more relevant than Syracuse. Syracuse is innocuous.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:16 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

do you not go to the miami or florida state games?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

do you not go to the miami or florida state games?

At the end of the day... all the worst fans are folks who never attended the school. ND alums are generally OK. Most are quite cynical... and have a lot on common with BC fans (just at a 9-win threshold instead of 7). Cuse has been roadkill since Pasqualoni. Their alums have the same perspective of BC's post-Spaz. The problems are the non-alums. They are as insufferable as Pats fans, Sawks fans, Yankee fans... and any other club Starter makes jackets for. It just so happens that schools like ND have more than most.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Los on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

This. Cuse fans are the worst.
- Los
Los
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:51 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Would you rather ND win this weekend or have Cuse in the top ten when they come to Alumni next Saturday? No-brainer in my opinion. A modicum of payback for 2004 would be delicious.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:22 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Would you rather ND win this weekend or have Cuse in the top ten when they come to Alumni next Saturday? No-brainer in my opinion. A modicum of payback for 2004 would be delicious.

???

We didn't play Syracuse between 2003 and 2010 due to the conference switch.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Bost ... tball_team
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:26 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

???

Oh. Right.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:32 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

???

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Bost ... tball_team

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:36 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

???

Oh. Right.

You were probably thinking of the 2003 game, where we got blown out in the Dome. Syracuse's safety picked off the Shredder to start the game and it went downhill from there.

The last game in what has been a heated rivalry began as Syracuse safety Diamond Ferri probably dreamed it would.

Ferri, who grew up in Massachusetts and was a standout running back against Knight in high school, intercepted Porter's second pass of the game, catching the ball after cornerback Thomas Whitfield deflected it and returning it 17 yards to the BC 19 to set up Anderson's scoring pass to Williams.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=232910183
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:28 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

There is no way I can root for either team tomorrow night but for our game, I would rather play Cuse coming of a win than loss. Something about the 2004 and 2015 games I guess.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:30 pm

anyone that roots for the dome, which essentially assures them a place in the football playoffs and an entire december of notre dame shenanigans, should be ashamed of themselves
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:36 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:anyone that roots for the dome, which essentially assures them a place in the football playoffs and an entire december of notre dame shenanigans, should be ashamed of themselves

I am rooting for Cuse. I'd like to have them as highly rated as possible when we face them. But, more importantly, I love the idea of incessant whining over seeing a one-loss Michigan team... a team they beat... ranked ahead of them. It would, however, set up a wonderful Cry Bowl matchup with UCF.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:12 pm

If you want to be angry at someone for the big east co-champs loss to Cuse, be angry at TOB and Gene. They own that shitshow. Why would you be angry at Cuse? You're upset because they came in ready and play and win the game?

This matchup is all about familiarity, which validates Militant's approach; by contrast, I have some neighbors who went to ND and I will have to endure disproportionately large amounts of bullshit if they are in the playoff. Mrs. ND is nice enough, I guess, but I think that's because her husband is a pear-shaped limp-dicked dweeb who cannot satisfy her and she has spent no small amount of time envisioning scenarios. A loss now might end their precarious marriage peacefully instead of Mrs ND porking the physical trainer in the back of her massive SUV that she is too afraid to drive on the highway.

I hope Cuse wins, for all of our sakes.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:19 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:she has spent no small amount of time envisioning scenarios.

Has she "surprised" you after your morning run?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium