Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. the Clemson - 11/10/2018

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. the Clemson - 11/10/2018

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:59 am

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Allen made himself a few million dollars last night. Never seemed to tire.

I think Colin Farrell and Wilkins are massively overrated. Neither did anything last night (other than Aaron-Rogering our season). However, Lawrence is much better than advertised. He and Allen were were the best two players on the field last night.

AB in the hospital (in my opinion) means broken clavicle that requires surgery. That’s an 8-week thing. Good news is he should be good to go for the Spring. Bad news is that we have Perry and the only way Daz gets an extension off of a 7-win season.

The Dillon final carry... he hurt himself on a cut. He seemed pissed because the injury was keeping him from doing what his mind knew he could. High ankle sprains ruin RB seasons. But, they aren’t really a danger for further injury. This isn’t playing Toal on goalline with a nerve injury.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:06 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The rest of the team was good enough to win that game

nfw

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If your backup QB isn't good enough to throw after 6 years, it is really bad.

yes Teddy. Its really bad. But that is what youget from 5 consecutive seasons of the #14 recruiting class in the ACC

Your evaluation of BC's talent is pretty ludicrous. If BC recruited the Patriots and they didn't have SEC offers, they would still be the 14th ranked class.

I feel like I am talking to Paul Newman's character in The Verdict. Did you wake up drunk councilor, or are you just hung over at the moment?

The team wins alot having lousy coaches and lousy recruits. I tend to think the guys making the lists in mom's basement are far more likely to be the reason for this discrepancy.

Citing recruiting rankings as a measure of talent on the field for a team like BC is full retard. Never go full retard. You should stick to half retard like normal, and you might win an oscar.

I’m not saying BC isn’t talented, but the talent disparity on that field last night was vast.

Must have good coaches then.

The talent gap exists, but it's not that big at most positions. BC has been a QB away from being a top 25 program for a few years now. Clemson is another level, but the gap isn't big enough that you can't beat them.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby durkcal on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:09 pm

eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't understand playing that way unless Perry doesn't know the plays. From the Brown injury on the game was over. 6 years, still no QB. The rest of the team was good enough to win that game, that's why it's so frustrating to watch spread option and punt for 3 quarters.

If your backup QB isn't good enough to throw after 6 years, it is really bad.

This. I remember getting into a dust up with some posters here about 2 years ago when Daz brought in Towles. My complaint back then was going into year 4 he still hadn't recruited and developed a quality QB. And here we are in year 6 with the same old problem.

I don't think Daz will ever develop a good QB. The programs that do that have a QB whisperer. Many times it is the head coach (Leach). Those programs extensively allocate time and resources toward facilitating a program that revolves around a QB. Daz doesn't want any of that. Did you see him on the gameday practice film? He's still basically the OL coach at practice, in the drills with them. He wants the Offense to revolve around the way he wants to play football, where he is involved. It should be physical and run through his offensive line. "My Way". He doesn't know anything about the QB position. And if there was a true QB whisperer that somehow snuck in the program, and started accomplishing progress at the QB position without the practice time, scheme, building up the confidence of a Qb thinking he's the guy...Daz would be so threatened that he would make that coach's life miserable until they left. And part of all of that is why when we have a backup Qb come in - they are thoroughly unprepared.

The great coaches like Saban and Belicheck aren't wired like this (My Way). They do what works because they can't stand losing.
durkcal
Campion Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:41 pm

Six years looking for the next Tim Teebow is enough. BC has not beaten one good team this year. Can we please move on from Daz and go back to a pro style QB and offense.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:57 pm

he's not going anywhere
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nfw

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:If your backup QB isn't good enough to throw after 6 years, it is really bad.

yes Teddy. Its really bad. But that is what youget from 5 consecutive seasons of the #14 recruiting class in the ACC

Your evaluation of BC's talent is pretty ludicrous. If BC recruited the Patriots and they didn't have SEC offers, they would still be the 14th ranked class.

I feel like I am talking to Paul Newman's character in The Verdict. Did you wake up drunk councilor, or are you just hung over at the moment?

The team wins alot having lousy coaches and lousy recruits. I tend to think the guys making the lists in mom's basement are far more likely to be the reason for this discrepancy.

Citing recruiting rankings as a measure of talent on the field for a team like BC is full retard. Never go full retard. You should stick to half retard like normal, and you might win an oscar.

The number of 2 stars we’ve put in the NFL is illustration enough that BC coaches are better talent evaluators then sports nerds posting in their moms basement. Thus IBs 14th ranked recruiting argument is dumb. Case desmithed.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:he's not going anywhere

This

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:09 pm

durkcal {l Wrote}:
eagle33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I don't understand playing that way unless Perry doesn't know the plays. From the Brown injury on the game was over. 6 years, still no QB. The rest of the team was good enough to win that game, that's why it's so frustrating to watch spread option and punt for 3 quarters.

If your backup QB isn't good enough to throw after 6 years, it is really bad.

This. I remember getting into a dust up with some posters here about 2 years ago when Daz brought in Towles. My complaint back then was going into year 4 he still hadn't recruited and developed a quality QB. And here we are in year 6 with the same old problem.

I don't think Daz will ever develop a good QB. The programs that do that have a QB whisperer. Many times it is the head coach (Leach). Those programs extensively allocate time and resources toward facilitating a program that revolves around a QB. Daz doesn't want any of that. Did you see him on the gameday practice film? He's still basically the OL coach at practice, in the drills with them. He wants the Offense to revolve around the way he wants to play football, where he is involved. It should be physical and run through his offensive line. "My Way". He doesn't know anything about the QB position. And if there was a true QB whisperer that somehow snuck in the program, and started accomplishing progress at the QB position without the practice time, scheme, building up the confidence of a Qb thinking he's the guy...Daz would be so threatened that he would make that coach's life miserable until they left. And part of all of that is why when we have a backup Qb come in - they are thoroughly unprepared.

The great coaches like Saban and Belicheck aren't wired like this (My Way). They do what works because they can't stand losing.

Loeffler is considered the QB guy you are talking about. People have credited him with the early development of Brady. Is he entirely responsible for Brady’s historic performance? Of course not. But, he must have done someth8ng right or Brady and Loeffler would not be close anymore.

From https://247sports.com/college/virginia- ... s-35322500:

Loeffler has been the offensive coordinator at Virginia Tech over the past two seasons. He has tutored seven college quarterbacks who went on to play in the NFL: Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, Brian Griese, Chad Henne, Drew Henson, John Navarre and Logan Thomas.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:14 pm

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:37 pm

22 in coaches poll
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:17 pm

for all those saying “if only wade brown hadn’t gotten hurt, we would have won that game...” what did brown really do before getting hurt to show that to be the case? was it the kick return for a touchdown?

I agree perry was clown shoes, but brown wasn’t exactly marching down the field either
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:43 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:for all those saying “if only wade brown hadn’t gotten hurt, we would have won that game...” what did brown really do before getting hurt to show that to be the case? was it the kick return for a touchdown?

I agree perry was clown shoes, but brown wasn’t exactly marching down the field either

He was in for 6 plays and had a huge pass that the refs called dead because Clemson wasn’t ready yet. Rejoice TRE (et al). You have your wish and desired starter

Anyway. Last I heard is that it isn’t collarbone or shoulder... it is an organ injury and likely career ending. Sounds like this is a serious health situation and something folks should be praying on a recovery (instead of giddily sniping about cesspools and broadsides of barns).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:for all those saying “if only wade brown hadn’t gotten hurt, we would have won that game...” what did brown really do before getting hurt to show that to be the case? was it the kick return for a touchdown?

He was in for 6 plays and had a huge pass that the refs called dead because Clemson wasn’t ready yet. Rejoice TRE (et al). You have your wish and desired starter

Anyway. Last I heard is that it isn’t collarbone or shoulder... it is an organ injury and likely career ending. Sounds like this is a serious health situation and something folks should be praying on a recovery (instead of giddily sniping about cesspools and broadsides of barns).

That is a real shame. For all the shit he took on here AB seems like a great kid and hard worker. Hoping he gets back out there without too much damage
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Only argument I have heard here is Btardo’s claim that BC would have lost by more or the same if AB hadnt gotten hurt.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby Lt. Dingleberry on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:36 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

the only thing this clown cares about is "getting the game into the 4th q". How embarrassing is that for the players to hear? IMO any honorable coach will give the players a chance by taking some risks. If risks don't pay off and you end up losing by 50, at least you would've gone down swinging. Feel bad for the defense who really did measure up and contained a far more talented team all night. This team will never be nationally prominent with addazio
Lt. Dingleberry
n00b

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:23 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nfw

The number of 2 stars we’ve put in the NFL is illustration enough that BC coaches are better talent evaluators then sports nerds posting in their moms basement. Thus IBs 14th ranked recruiting argument is dumb. Case desmithed.

Hansen, BC recruiters are not outstanding recruiters because they see great players that are dramatically undervalued as 2-star recruits. BC gets whatever recruits they can get. The fact that Addazio is able to develop a 2-star into an NFL player is a is both the player working hard and Addazio working him harder. And mom lives in Florida and has no basement.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:26 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Only argument I have heard here is Btardo’s claim that BC would have lost by more or the same if AB hadnt gotten hurt.

Who cares? Maybe they lose by more? Maybe they lose by less? Maybe AB throws two-pick-sixes? The only argument I am making right now is that it didn't matter because Brown was not going to help this team win last night. Saying Anthony Brown plays and BC has a chance to win IS clownshoes. Anyone who watched that game could see clearly why that Clemson team is ranked #2 in the country. Their defense is flawless. No mistakes. Brown was not going to beat them.

So now, shut up Hansen.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nfw

Hansen, BC recruiters are not outstanding recruiters because they see great players that are dramatically undervalued as 2-star recruits. BC gets whatever recruits they can get. The fact that Addazio is able to develop a 2-star into an NFL player is a is both the player working hard and Addazio working him harder. And mom lives in Florida and has no basement.

Yeah no
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:49 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nfw

Yeah no

Teddy you MUST still be drunk if you think Addazio does targeting recruiting and gets players specifically because they know that they are under-valued.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

Who cares? Maybe they lose by more? Maybe they lose by less? Maybe AB throws two-pick-sixes? The only argument I am making right now is that it didn't matter because Brown was not going to help this team win last night. Saying Anthony Brown plays and BC has a chance to win IS clownshoes. Anyone who watched that game could see clearly why that Clemson team is ranked #2 in the country. Their defense is flawless. No mistakes. Brown was not going to beat them.

So now, shut up Hansen.

Yeah no

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

nfw

Yeah no

Teddy you MUST still be drunk if you think Addazio does targeting recruiting and gets players specifically because they know that they are under-valued.

Instead im supposed to believe that they coach them up from bad recruits to NFL players.

Don't go full retard. Council me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:29 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

That is a real shame. For all the shit he took on here AB seems like a great kid and hard worker. Hoping he gets back out there without too much damage

This. Brown has real offers and has talent, though very raw. Because of his injury last year, he didn’t get s full year to develop. He’s essentially played only one year of college football.

Perry had offers from nowhere. Based on the high school tape and the leagues they played in, I can’t fathom why McDonald is behind Perry.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:00 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

This. Brown has real offers and has talent, though very raw. Because of his injury last year, he didn’t get s full year to develop. He’s essentially played only one year of college football.

Perry had offers from nowhere. Based on the high school tape and the leagues they played in, I can’t fathom why McDonald is behind Perry.

Because McDonald wasn’t even a starter in high school. Perry and McDonald were recruited with McQuarrie. This was a spaghetti-against-the-wall strategy after missing out on Tommy DeVito (Bosco to Cuse).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 pm

New kid coming in from Michigan might start immediately if Brown’s career is actually over. I’m reeling.
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:New kid coming in from Michigan might start immediately if Brown’s career is actually over. I’m reeling.

Is Kelly Bryant an option? Or does the ACC transfer rules apply for grad transfers as well.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:New kid coming in from Michigan might start immediately if Brown’s career is actually over. I’m reeling.

Is Kelly Bryant an option? Or does the ACC transfer rules apply for grad transfers as well.

Clemson will prevent him from transferring here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:59 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Allen made himself a few million dollars last night. Never seemed to tire.

I think Colin Farrell and Wilkins are massively overrated. Neither did anything last night (other than Aaron-Rogering our season). However, Lawrence is much better than advertised. He and Allen were were the best two players on the field last night.

AB in the hospital (in my opinion) means broken clavicle that requires surgery. That’s an 8-week thing. Good news is he should be good to go for the Spring. Bad news is that we have Perry and the only way Daz gets an extension off of a 7-win season.

The Dillon final carry... he hurt himself on a cut. He seemed pissed because the injury was keeping him from doing what his mind knew he could. High ankle sprains ruin RB seasons. But, they aren’t really a danger for further injury. This isn’t playing Toal on goalline with a nerve injury.

Barry Sanders couldn’t have gotten 100 yards last night with the way we blocked
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

i don't believe schools are allowed to do that anymore, IRregardless it appears he's staying in the sunbelt
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BC923 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

i don't believe schools are allowed to do that anymore, IRregardless it appears he's staying in the sunbelt

I think they generally can, but not if the player enrolled in a graduate program that his previous school does not offer. Could be wrong though
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:32 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

If this is true, prayers go out to the kid. Let's hope he recovers if only to lead a healthy life, regardless of the opportunity to play again.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium