Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. the Clemson - 11/10/2018

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Official Gameday Thead - BC vs. the Clemson - 11/10/2018

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:48 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Anyway. Last I heard is that it isn’t collarbone or shoulder... it is an organ injury and likely career ending. Sounds like this is a serious health situation and something folks should be praying on a recovery (instead of giddily sniping about cesspools and broadsides of barns).

If this is true, prayers go out to the kid. Let's hope he recovers if only to lead a healthy life, regardless of the opportunity to play again.

Yeah I feel so bad. Hopefully, HJS has bad info for his sake.
H&P for a speedy recovery for AB!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Anyway. Last I heard is that it isn’t collarbone or shoulder... it is an organ injury and likely career ending. Sounds like this is a serious health situation and something folks should be praying on a recovery (instead of giddily sniping about cesspools and broadsides of barns).

If this is true, prayers go out to the kid. Let's hope he recovers if only to lead a healthy life, regardless of the opportunity to play again.

Reggie Merriweather apparently announced on the radio that it is a ruptured spleen.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:58 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Reggie Merriweather apparently announced on the radio that it is a ruptured spleen.

Didn't that happen to Gronk a few years ago against the Seahawks?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Lt. Dingleberry on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:02 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Didn't that happen to Gronk a few years ago against the Seahawks?

they thought it was a lung injury at first but turned out to not be that serious
Lt. Dingleberry
n00b

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:47 pm

remember you’re getting your info from moj who wanted herzy to amputate his leg because he’s a smart medical expert.

no offense, but I’ll wait for official news on brown thankyouverymuch
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:for all those saying “if only wade brown hadn’t gotten hurt, we would have won that game...” what did brown really do before getting hurt to show that to be the case? was it the kick return for a touchdown?

I agree perry was clown shoes, but brown wasn’t exactly marching down the field either

He was in for 6 plays and had a huge pass that the refs called dead because Clemson wasn’t ready yet. Rejoice TRE (et al). You have your wish and desired starter

That is a real shame. For all the shit he took on here AB seems like a great kid and hard worker. Hoping he gets back out there without too much damage

This. Brown has real offers and has talent, though very raw. Because of his injury last year, he didn’t get s full year to develop. He’s essentially played only one year of college football.

Perry had offers from nowhere. Based on the high school tape and the leagues they played in, I can’t fathom why McDonald is behind Perry.

Because McDonald wasn’t even a starter in high school. Perry and McDonald were recruited with McQuarrie. This was a spaghetti-against-the-wall strategy after missing out on Tommy DeVito (Bosco to Cuse).

McDonald was a starter. He transferred after being injured and losing the spot to JT Daniels and then threw for 39 TDS as a senior. Utah was close to offering and before his transfer he had looks from a lot of the baby rapists. I’m not saying he’s amazing but he’s definitely better than Perry.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:10 pm

hey blog boy, I think this is where i say “no one could be worse than Chris crane”
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MattTheEagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:38 pm

Despite all the shit he got on here, I never thought Brown was the problem. He’s decent as QB and still young with room for development. BC is screwed the rest of the year without Brown. Wish him a speedy recovery regardless of whether he returns.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Spleen isn't an essential organ - ie it can be removed and you live without it. Not sure it's a career ender. I believe I recall that an NHL player had his spleen removed and still plays/played.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:22 am

according to bloggo, bc will have an announcement on anthony's health today

they were breaking down the hit on wfan in nyc this morning, probably more coverage than the game got in boston
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:they were breaking down the hit on wfan in nyc this morning, probably more coverage than the game got in boston

Didn’t hear it. What was the gist of the discussion?

Washington Post had an article about how unfortunate BC was to lose Brown 2 years in a row. However, in the description of the play, they used the NFL buzzwords “landing on top of him with the full weight of his body.” It’s hard to see this not becoming a bigger thing in college. How do you protect grown millionaire men from being injured... yet allow the same violence perpetuated on unpaid students? Really think this could politically spin out on the NCAA. And, not for nothing, Wilkins already has a pretty negative rep for playing dirty. So, he won’t look like a terribly sympathetic figure here. Finally, I’m disappointed that an OLineman didn’t Butler him with a chop-block. But, that might have required Rimmington finalist Jon Baker to remove the skates he was wearing.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:41 am

essentially what you said, 'viscous', 'exact hit everyone is trying to get out of the game', 'wilkins pins anthony's arms down so he can't protect himself, lifts him up, and drives him into the ground', 'it's mind blowing that this is illegal in the nfl but not in college', etc.

yeah the OL was very disappointing. many OL have and will struggle against that front but that's the unit daz wanted to build his team on.

being at the game, i couldn't tell if the snaps were on baker or perry? IRregardless baker has been a disappointment this year (and frankly i think the whole OL has under performed at times, PFF had them last week as 4th or 5th in the ACC).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:48 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Yeah I feel so bad. Hopefully, HJS has bad info for his sake.
H&P for a speedy recovery for AB!

Totally with you on this Hansen. Prayers to AB on a speedy recovery. I hope that this is not career ending. That would be terrible.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:06 am

AB will be fine.
Great kid
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:20 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:essentially what you said, 'viscous', 'exact hit everyone is trying to get out of the game', 'wilkins pins anthony's arms down so he can't protect himself, lifts him up, and drives him into the ground', 'it's mind blowing that this is illegal in the nfl but not in college', etc.

yeah the OL was very disappointing. many OL have and will struggle against that front but that's the unit daz wanted to build his team on.

being at the game, i couldn't tell if the snaps were on baker or perry? IRregardless baker has been a disappointment this year (and frankly i think the whole OL has under performed at times, PFF had them last week as 4th or 5th in the ACC).

Smartest thing the ACC should do is throw the refs and Wilkins under the bus and say that a flag for roughing the passer should’ve been thrown. It ends the narrative of the NCAA not giving a shit about the student-athlete. And the cost is just an unnamed ref and a dirty player. Saying that it was the correct call makes their situation much worse.

I think Baker has been the Achilles Heel on this line all year. The early snaps were on Baker. But the one that sailed for a 30 yard loss was on Perry. Took his eyes off of it.

As for transfers... according to this “article”, Bryant can transfer intra-ACC.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ms-clemson

Wonder if Wimbush is on schedule to graduate?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:59 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Spleen isn't an essential organ - ie it can be removed and you live without it. Not sure it's a career ender. I believe I recall that an NHL player had his spleen removed and still plays/played.

Peter Forsberg had his removed and played like another 8 or so years.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 am

Although the speen is not essential to life, it is beneficial to have it as it a reservoir of red blood cells etc.

In recent years, it is my understanding that a ruptured spleen is no longer automatically removed but often surgically repaired provided surgeons are able to operate quick enough after the trauma. With access to some of the countries finest hospitals and surgeons in the Boston area, you have to like his chances. Hopefully, AB’s spleen if ruptured can be fixed to avoid minimal impact on the remainder of his life.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:according to bloggo, bc will have an announcement on anthony's health today

they were breaking down the hit on wfan in nyc this morning, probably more coverage than the game got in boston

We never got an official announcement on Brown when he tore his knee last year. I'm not holding my breath. We'll have to wait for Bassy to give us the scoop again.

The conversation in Boston this morning has focused on how the team played not to get blown out instead of playing to win.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 am

The hit by Wilkins was pretty bad, on the replay it looks like he intentionally knees AB in the side as he's getting off to stand up. I guess that fits with the reputation.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:50 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:according to bloggo, bc will have an announcement on anthony's health today

We never got an official announcement on Brown when he tore his knee last year. I'm not holding my breath. We'll have to wait for Bassy to give us the scoop again.

The conversation in Boston this morning has focused on how the team played not to get blown out instead of playing to win.

this is like discussing whether it was cold out. anyone not expecting t.s. to take the air out of the ball has not been paying attention. he just got to disguise it in a way that he can blame it on the pop-warner quarterback
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:02 am

A ruptured spleen is pretty awful - its possible he could play again, but he probably shouldn't. Curious so see how he's advised by what I'm certain will be first, second, and third opinions.

Yikes. What time does the update from BC come, anyone know?
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:04 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

this is like discussing whether it was cold out. anyone not expecting t.s. to take the air out of the ball has not been paying attention. he just got to disguise it in a way that he can blame it on the pop-warner quarterback

Was Sarge foaming at the mouth on the sideline the whole game? If only his gameplan was as aggressive as he is towards the officials...
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:33 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Was Sarge foaming at the mouth on the sideline the whole game? If only his gameplan was as aggressive as he is towards the officials...

I disagree with the premise that we would not be aggressive against Clemson had AB not gone down.
I think we would have seen a gameplay similar to VT -- maybe even more aggressive -- had everything gone somewhat to plan.
the problem with the Daz regime is the lack of Plan B when an injury occurs.
I mean seriously can we start getting our backups more snaps? how many years of starting QB injuries have to derail our seasons before someone picks up on the fact it might be a good idea to get them better prepared?!?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Figures this hit was done by a masshole from the dump that is Springfield. You can take the man out of Springfield, but you can't take the Springfield out of him.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:42 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Figures this hit was done by a masshole from the dump that is Springfield. You can take the man out of Springfield, but you can't take the Springfield out of him.

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:23 pm

BTW.... this is thread from the Clemson board on AB.
https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/A ... al-1850655
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:38 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Figures this hit was done by a masshole from the dump that is Springfield. You can take the man out of Springfield, but you can't take the Springfield out of him.

C'mon. Springfield has produced a lot of good players for BC.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BC96 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Holyoke did produce the greatest running back in BC history.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:43 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:

Holyoke did produce the greatest running back in BC history.

i thought (first and) toal went to bosco
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Wilkins is a good player too. What's your point? If you are talking about Springfield producing decent people who played at BC, well, one has a better chance of turning into a decent human being if he goes to BC.

By the way, it was said with a bit of sarcasm. If you've recently developed a moral compass for message boardery, I suggest you battle with the likes of twballgame who chooses to shit on actual BC players over and over and over.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium