2020 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
31southst wrote:Guessing one is the St X qb. I think Jaden Hardy is visiting too and he’s be a really good get at this stage. Not sure who else is there for the 4th.

Those 3 were the 2020 guys I knew were on campus. 4th could be Black or a younger guy

They had Kam Arnold a MI 2020 ATH on an OV as well.


Yes, think he is #4.


Any indication of what position Arnold will play?
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby BC923 on Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:56 pm

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
31southst wrote:Guessing one is the St X qb. I think Jaden Hardy is visiting too and he’s be a really good get at this stage. Not sure who else is there for the 4th.

Those 3 were the 2020 guys I knew were on campus. 4th could be Black or a younger guy

They had Kam Arnold a MI 2020 ATH on an OV as well.


Yes, think he is #4.


Any indication of what position Arnold will play?

247 article suggested the hybrid safety position that Hafley uses
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 430

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:59 pm

BC923 wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
DomingoOrtiz wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
31southst wrote:Guessing one is the St X qb. I think Jaden Hardy is visiting too and he’s be a really good get at this stage. Not sure who else is there for the 4th.

Those 3 were the 2020 guys I knew were on campus. 4th could be Black or a younger guy

They had Kam Arnold a MI 2020 ATH on an OV as well.


Yes, think he is #4.


Any indication of what position Arnold will play?

247 article suggested the hybrid safety position that Hafley uses


Thanks. Like we had with Brown's D? FWIW, he listed himself as a CB on his hudl.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm

Not sure if this was mentioned here, but Tommy Birmingham committed yesterday.

I dont know if he was offered as a PWO or a regular scholarship, but there isn't much on him online. MaxPreps lists him as a 6'5 WR/FS and his offers (per twitter) include Bucknell, Fordham, Lehigh, and interest from some Ivy League schools and he may have had an offer from Pitt (again not sure if a PWO situation or not)

It looks like he was being recruited by the previous staff


https://twitter.com/tjb432020/status/1221935171378864128?s=20
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby BC923 on Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:16 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Not sure if this was mentioned here, but Tommy Birmingham committed yesterday.

I dont know if he was offered as a PWO or a regular scholarship, but there isn't much on him online. MaxPreps lists him as a 6'5 WR/FS and his offers (per twitter) include Bucknell, Fordham, Lehigh, and interest from some Ivy League schools and he may have had an offer from Pitt (again not sure if a PWO situation or not)

It looks like he was being recruited by the previous staff


https://twitter.com/tjb432020/status/1221935171378864128?s=20

It’s a PWO and so was his Pitt offer
BC923
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:11 pm
Karma: 430

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Ben Sauls commits to Iowa State
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3377
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 129

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:41 am

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Ben Sauls commits to Iowa State


That's unfortunate with the state of our kicking situation.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16598
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -256

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:01 am

eepstein0 wrote:
BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Ben Sauls commits to Iowa State


That's unfortunate with the state of our kicking situation.


Given Daz’s awesome ability recruiting kickers, I think we are fine missing out on him
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16006
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 311

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:04 am

MF73-Eleazar wrote:
ATLeagle wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:K Ben Sauls decommitted.

https://twitter.com/bsauls22/status/1215452933724213250


Given Addazio's track record with high school kickers I am willing to let this guy walk.


Haha! Fair enough.

Hansen with yet another original take.
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14776
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 321

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:51 am

HJS wrote:Seems like it’s 4 commits from a more recent Cignetti tweet.

It seems that consensus is it’s Holmes, Rueve and Arnold... with the chance that Hardy is the 4th. Hardy would be the biggest get both based on positional need and other offers.


hardy committed and then scheduled a visit to baylor for the following weekend

i don't see him signing with us this week
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18470
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3123

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:12 pm

claver2010 wrote:
HJS wrote:Seems like it’s 4 commits from a more recent Cignetti tweet.

It seems that consensus is it’s Holmes, Rueve and Arnold... with the chance that Hardy is the 4th. Hardy would be the biggest get both based on positional need and other offers.


hardy committed and then scheduled a visit to baylor for the following weekend

i don't see him signing with us this week


Seems weird that he verbally committed to us given that. Seems like it would have made more sense to just tell BC that he is leaning toward us but wanted to take one more visit.
HANSENPOST :shrug

Image
User avatar
hansen
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16006
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:07 pm
Location: Not Japan
Karma: 311

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby 31southst on Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:21 pm

Are we sure Hardy committed and not that PWO as the 4th guy?
31southst
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:30 pm
Karma: 168

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:33 pm

31southst wrote:Are we sure Hardy committed and not that PWO as the 4th guy?


Yes he committed. Baylor then offered early this past week which made him not publicly announce on Tuesday like was planned and he decided to take the visit.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 203

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:28 pm

bceagles24 wrote:
31southst wrote:Are we sure Hardy committed and not that PWO as the 4th guy?


Yes he committed. Baylor then offered early this past week which made him not publicly announce on Tuesday like was planned and he decided to take the visit.


Addazio wouldn’t like the above
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16598
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -256

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Casey on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:09 am

bceagles24 wrote:
31southst wrote:Are we sure Hardy committed and not that PWO as the 4th guy?


Yes he committed. Baylor then offered early this past week which made him not publicly announce on Tuesday like was planned and he decided to take the visit.


Hadley pulled his offer when he didn’t announce.

Hafley doesn’t mess around
Casey
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:27 pm
Karma: 67

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:09 am

Also sounds like Baylor no longer is going to be taking Hardy so situation did not work on for the kid if BC did pull his offer like it’s assumed they did.
bceagles24
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:32 am
Karma: 203

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:51 am

Casey wrote:
bceagles24 wrote:
31southst wrote:Are we sure Hardy committed and not that PWO as the 4th guy?


Yes he committed. Baylor then offered early this past week which made him not publicly announce on Tuesday like was planned and he decided to take the visit.


Hadley pulled his offer when he didn’t announce.

Hafley doesn’t mess around


Love it!
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:17 am

as of now the Homes & Rueve are the only 2 in.

will be interesting to see what comes of hardy who clearly overplayed his hand
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18470
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3123

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:41 am

claver2010 wrote:as of now the Homes & Rueve are the only 2 in.

will be interesting to see what comes of hardy who clearly overplayed his hand


Arnold is In
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:42 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 wrote:Ben Sauls commits to Iowa State


The kid is now committed to Pitt.

Gotta love recruiting.
eaglesfan06
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:58 pm
Karma: -132

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:12 pm

claver2010 wrote:as of now the Homes & Rueve are the only 2 in.

will be interesting to see what comes of hardy who clearly overplayed his hand

If we think Hardy is good I'm not sure this is the time to be drawing a line in the sand (i.e., transition class, etc.).
31southst
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:30 pm
Karma: 168

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:47 pm

31southst wrote:
claver2010 wrote:as of now the Homes & Rueve are the only 2 in.

will be interesting to see what comes of hardy who clearly overplayed his hand

If we think Hardy is good I'm not sure this is the time to be drawing a line in the sand (i.e., transition class, etc.).


Kids tell you a lot by the way they handle their recruitment. You pick up information by the way kids respond to the offer, the types of questions they ask when on visits, and the way they behave around your current players on the OVs.

What you really want is kids who are talented AND hungry AND unselfish, rather than kids looking for feather in their caps or to rest on their laurels.

I would bet a kid who gives a commitment, and then tries to hold you on the line while he goes off making visits, is less likely to be a competitor. I would expect that kid to be less likely to put in the extra effort in the weight room, because he's already a player at X university. He's going to be less likely to give max effort on Scout Team to give the starters a good look in practice, because it doesn't benefit him to give his all when it's just practice. I would also in turn expect that kid to wind up being a disappointment when all is said and done.

It's one thing if a kid is open and honest, and says that he's not ready to commit without checking out the possibilities at another school. He should have every right to do so, just as the school can keep looking around.

But if he's trying to hold down a spot while exploring the offer of the week, then he's not really committed to BC as a program. None of this Massachusetts High School coaches' "use BC as your safety while you try to get a ship at Michigan or ND" stuff. If you can sell a kid on BC such that he really wants to come, then you're more likely to get the effort a kid needs to put in to maximize his potential.
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm
Karma: 30

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby Los on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:53 pm

Hafley Signing Day Press Conference

- Los
User avatar
Los
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 am
Location: Here
Karma: 73

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:37 am

hardy did not sign with anyone
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18470
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3123

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:49 am

By my count, we have 5 spots for transfers.
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:16 am

Who was advising that Hardy kid? He screwed up badly. Also, liked the Haf's press conference, but how well did he get to know Hardy, his family, yadda yadda if the kid bailed?
In.
User avatar
JesuitIvy
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:14 pm
Karma: 239

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:38 am

JesuitIvy wrote:Who was advising that Hardy kid? He screwed up badly.

The kid either made up those offers (in which I don't feel bad) or he lost all of them because of terrible (borderline criminal) advice.
“Look, Joe’s not all there, everybody knows it and it’s sad when you look at it and you see it, you see it for yourself. He’s created his own sanctuary city in that basement, wherever he is, and he doesn’t come out.”
User avatar
HJS
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14776
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 pm
Karma: 321

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:58 am

BostonCollege1 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:PWO offer to local QB 2*:

https://twitter.com/AndrewLandry167/sta ... 2008351744

From Newton North with a decent GPA? Was probably heading to BC already


This is a great PWO offer. If he develops into a player, fantastic. If not, he's a solid BC student that will bring a few more locals to help fill the stands.


Another PWO, Will Prouty from Duxbury, MA
GetIn
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8353
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:39 am
Location: El Barrio
Karma: 114

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby OCs_Inner_Eagle on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:54 am

JesuitIvy wrote:Who was advising that Hardy kid? He screwed up badly. Also, liked the Haf's press conference, but how well did he get to know Hardy, his family, yadda yadda if the kid bailed?


FWIW Hardy is one of the ones who tweeted out gratitude at being blessed to receive an offer from "Boston College University".
OCs_Inner_Eagle
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:36 pm
Karma: 30

Re: 2020 Recruiting Thread

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:46 am

DomingoOrtiz wrote:
BostonCollege1 wrote:
BC923 wrote:
MF73-Eleazar wrote:PWO offer to local QB 2*:

https://twitter.com/AndrewLandry167/sta ... 2008351744

From Newton North with a decent GPA? Was probably heading to BC already


This is a great PWO offer. If he develops into a player, fantastic. If not, he's a solid BC student that will bring a few more locals to help fill the stands.


Another PWO, Will Prouty from Duxbury, MA


Kid’s a gamer.

Needs to grow, but was Offensive POY playing out of position at QB for the first time ever.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:48 am
Karma: 79

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Untitled document